The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Gallaghers fighters

+3
hazharrison
Jermaine2015
irishbrads
7 posters

Go down

Joe Gallaghers fighters Empty Joe Gallaghers fighters

Post by irishbrads Sun 18 Sep 2016, 8:33 am

in my opinion a Brendan Ingle trained fighter is easy to spot, unorthodox, punches from all angles, Nelson, Witter, Naz etc, all had a similar style.

I watched Paul smith from ringside against AA in the rematch and what i found frustrating was his lack of head movement, simple hands up forward and back in straight lines, i noticed the same thing again at the o2 last week from Paul and also Callum to an extent and it kind of dawned on me that most of Joe Gallaghers defend in the same way, very high guard with very little slipping of punches,

i noticed it from Liam again against Alvarez and,  in the 2nd or 3rd round Liam starting moving the head and Barry Jones picked up on it straight away, i can't think of any of Joe Gallagher fighters that defend any differently, in fact from the Gallagher stable i don't think any of them have a style that is much different from the others but admittedly i am only familiar with smith brothers, crolla & quigg, is this a Joe Gallagher trait?

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Joe Gallaghers fighters Empty Re: Joe Gallaghers fighters

Post by Jermaine2015 Sun 18 Sep 2016, 9:24 am

Apart from perhaps Callum Smith, the likes of Quigg, Crolla and the other Smith brothers are no more than European level fighter. Gallagher is a very limited trainer.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 18 Sep 2016, 9:43 am

Gallagher is a great conditioner but I've never viewed him as much of a tactician. His fighters just do not move their heads.

Quigg used to have a lovely defence. He learned the fundamentals from the great Brian Hughes.

John Murray didn't move his head.
When Swifty Smith lost to Selby - no head movement.
When Crolla lost to Mathews - same thing.

You can go a long way with fitness and bottle these days but when his fighters face someone with a bit of guile, they'll usually struggle.

Last edited by hazharrison on Sun 18 Sep 2016, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 18 Sep 2016, 1:04 pm

He seems a real ar$ehole.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 18 Sep 2016, 8:33 pm

Smith could benefit from working on his upper body movement

Not sure Joe was particularly inspirational in the corner Saturday either

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:25 am

Can't stand Gallagher me. Loves the limelight that man. And yes the way he sets his fighters up seems very basic. Often wonder how much any of their wins have to do with him and how much is down to their own natural instincts / ability.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 19 Sep 2016, 9:41 pm

Anybody else think they also seem to have the really frustrating habit of forgetting how to throw punches when they fight anybody other than cannon fodder.

Which is then defending by Gallagher as "part of the game plan" of waiting them out to the later rounds when they start to tire and hope to take over.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down