The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17

+49
nathan
Heaf
Cumbrian
englishborn
Seagultaf
rosbif
Margin_Walker
prop_lyd
GunsGermsV2
munkian
uncle_nigel
Gooseberry
killer938
geoff999rugby
Dollar Bill
Bathman_in_London
B91212
ChequeredJersey
BigGee
wayne
LondonTiger
WELL-PAST-IT
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Recwatcher16
SirBurger
lostinwales
XR
Hazel Sapling
stnick88
Ozzy3213
George Carlin
No 7&1/2
whocares
beshocked
Fluxy
Sgt_Pooly
Geordie
king_carlos
Cyril
BamBam
True Raven
HongKongCherry
mikey_dragon
Welly
propdavid_london
yappysnap
Bathite
Rugby Fan
formerly known as Sam
53 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17 - Page 20 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 03 Oct 2016, 7:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Nit before the Lions tour. Don't think any of the All Black internationals will end their career pre tour.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17 - Page 20 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 07 Feb 2017, 10:26 pm

Dan Biggar might be concerned that Sam Davies is going to overtake him by the start of next season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17 - Page 20 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17

Post by Gooseberry Wed 08 Feb 2017, 10:11 am

king_carlos wrote:
nathan wrote:Apparently Steve Diamond has said Tigers have broken the bank to sign Ford.
£450,000 pa is the figure being quoted by a fair few, nathan. Think it came from the Times article which said Sale offered him £650,000 pa but he has turned it down.

Thats a bonkers amount to pay for a part timer who wont play without his dad holding his hand. I guess if he gets dropped by england it will increase his usefulness for a club but Im not sure overpaid prima donnas is the best way to sort out the malaise and low morale in the tigers dressing room.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Wed 08 Feb 2017, 10:16 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Dan Biggar might be concerned that Sam Davies is going to overtake him by the start of next season.

Then he can fight for his place. His contract is dual registered with the WRU until 2018 (in press) so he cant go before then

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 08 Feb 2017, 10:33 am

Gooseberry wrote:
king_carlos wrote:
nathan wrote:Apparently Steve Diamond has said Tigers have broken the bank to sign Ford.
£450,000 pa is the figure being quoted by a fair few, nathan. Think it came from the Times article which said Sale offered him £650,000 pa but he has turned it down.

Thats a bonkers amount to pay for a part timer who wont play without his dad holding his hand. I guess if he gets dropped by england it will increase his usefulness for a club but Im not sure overpaid prima donnas is the best way to sort out the malaise and low morale in the tigers dressing room.

TBF he played well without his dad at Tigers.

£450,000 for an international 10 is pretty good by today's market rate. Also he has A lot of Friends in that Tigers dressing dare I say it prob more than he does at bath.

Also in 2 years we could claim home grown credits on him again.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 08 Feb 2017, 10:40 am

Gooseberry wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

A flyhalf capable of controlling territory and managing a game whilst also being able to stimulate the attack will make a huge difference. Burns decides to control games in 5 minute intervals normally with a ten or twenty minute ago either side. See his disastrous tap from his own 5m line vs Sarries at the weekend for what happens during the the non-controlling periods.

Our forwards playing in the right areas will help. Some big ball carriers will also help.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 08 Feb 2017, 10:58 am

Good signing for Tigers but to get the best out of Ford, obviously some significant recruitment will be needed in the pack. Especially in the backrow and 2nd row in my opinion.

I have a lot of respect for Tigers' loyalty to players who have had long term injuries but it's hurt your competitiveness.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 08 Feb 2017, 11:30 am

The pack is being looked at in pretty much every position from what I gather.

A lot will now rely on who comes in at DOR. (Which sounds like it will be a SA).

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Wed 08 Feb 2017, 11:37 am

beshocked wrote:Good signing for Tigers but to get the best out of Ford, obviously some significant recruitment will be needed in the pack. Especially in the backrow and 2nd row in my opinion.

I have a lot of respect for Tigers' loyalty to players who have had long term injuries but it's hurt your competitiveness.

To get the best out of Ford they're going to have to be very careful to be very nice indeed to all of his family members, or the dummy will be out the pram again and he'll be off somewhere else

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 08 Feb 2017, 11:55 am

Second row is pretty good at the moment. Perhaps overstocked. Slater, Barrow, Kitchener, Fitzgerald, Wells and Williams able to play there as well. What we lack is some physicality and bite in the backrow.

Kalamafoni and A N Other unit for the backrow should sort out a lot of our problems and we are due to trim down some of the mass of barely used front row options we have accumulated under Cockers in the summer.

Tait out should give us some funds for an improved fullback or utility back moving forward.

Ford and Kalamafoni are hopefully just the first steps.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed 08 Feb 2017, 5:24 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
beshocked wrote:Good signing for Tigers but to get the best out of Ford, obviously some significant recruitment will be needed in the pack. Especially in the backrow and 2nd row in my opinion.

To get the best out of Ford they're going to have to be very careful to be very nice indeed to all of his family members, or the dummy will be out the pram again and he'll be off somewhere else

Nah, he's coming home.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 08 Feb 2017, 7:58 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:

He's good friends with Ben Youngs and Sam Harrison. Having been at Leicester from 16 to 20/21 he knows the place and the people. He wouldn't be coming back if he didn't feel at home in the environment, he'd be earning even more at Sale with his Mrs who's in Manchester.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 09 Feb 2017, 10:12 am

I know Tigers fans on here seem to really like their current 2nd row options but they are long way below the likes of Johnson and Kay. Now you might say well that's not surprising but I just feel 2nd row is an area, Tigers are behind their rivals in and you don't seem to be bothered.

Now even their rivals don't have anyone whose yet achieved what Johnson and Kay have but the likes of Launchbury,Kruis,Itoje and Lawes are a level above the Tigers options IMO. They are the current benchmark whilst it used to be Tigers who led the way.

Prop wise I still think Tigers can compete with the best likes Ayerza,Cole and now Genge so that's still an area of strength. 2nd row isn't but then again that's just my opinion.

I am only saying this because I think an improvement is needed if Tigers are going to win the AP again. Not just in the backrow.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:03 pm

I would take Lawes over any of our options, well Fitzgerald, but not the three EQ locks. Slater and Barrow are more physical in the tight and just as mobile and Kitch is much better in the lineout and much bigger. Slater would have had several caps by now if not for several nasty injuries and Kitch made a big impression with Brad Thorn (who insisted he'd have been capped if he was a Kiwi), Barrow could yet play for England 

I'm not that big of a fan of Launchbury either. His lineout work has improved and he is very good in the loose but in the tight he's not much above average.

Our right five is generally effective at their jobs and our set piece work is about our only reliable area. Defence and the ruck area are where we fall down. A much improved backrow should be key to helping sort this out.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Sat 11 Feb 2017, 5:06 pm

Interesting one. Josh Strauss to Sale. Source doesn't know anything much about rugby, but that actually makes them more plausible.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Sat 11 Feb 2017, 10:15 pm

Brian Mujati to the Ospreys. I'm guessing his form at Sale isn't great for him to be released early

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 11 Feb 2017, 10:53 pm

True Raven wrote:Brian Mujati to the Ospreys.  I'm guessing his form at Sale isn't great for him to be released early

Average. Struggling to hold down the starting jersey. He's some way past his best but he might provide adequate international cover.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:54 am

Rugby Inside Line tweeted a transfer rumour that Tom Youngs wont be a Tiger next season, "more to come on where he will be heading...".

There has been speculation that he might retire early due to injuries and his international career seemingly being over. Thoughts were that he'd be going into farming full time. Some fans (I'd be with them wholeheartedly) had speculated that a Julian White esque situation might happen where he stays contracted part time for international break and injury cover.

His form has dipped this season, although I thought he was very good today. He'd be a big loss to club.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun 12 Feb 2017, 5:52 am

That's big (and sad) news about Tom Youngs if that is in fact the case. He's certainly not looked as effective this season after losing some bulk after the back issues last season but when he first came on the scene he looked almost too big for his frame I that makes sense. Wondered even back then if it wouldn't cause issues down the line.

fkaS, sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you about Tigers 3 second rows being superior to Launchbury and Lawes. Slater yes has been unlucky and agree would have probably been an international if not for the terrible knee injuries he's suffered. Barrow has potential but as yet hasn't shown enough to be considered for int duty (Charlie Eewls is in front of him in the England pecking order as is Atwood when fit) and Kitchener has been overlooked by various coaches, can they really all be wrong? Cockrill (Slater/ Parling and later Slater/ Barrow or Fitzgerald often started before him). Both Lancaster and Jones haven't really given him a sniff of a full call up and even Muager went with Slater and Fitzgerald first game up and left him on the bench. I've seen him put in some eye catching performances in the AP but it doesn't seem to help him get called up or even give the impression he's totally first choice at Tigers. Do wonder if maybe he's a bit of a show pony in regards to second row play?

You don't get 50+ caps like Lawes or be a regular in the 23 like Launchbury if you can't play a bit. Agree with beshocked, they are currently a standard above Tigers options.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 12 Feb 2017, 5:57 am

Rumours of Care to France and Brown unhappy at Quins under Kingston
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 12 Feb 2017, 7:50 am

would be a strange move for Care giving up on England

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 12 Feb 2017, 8:56 am

B91212 wrote:That's big (and sad) news about Tom Youngs if that is in fact the case. He's certainly not looked as effective this season after losing some bulk after the back issues last season but when he first came on the scene he looked almost too big for his frame I that makes sense. Wondered even back then if it wouldn't cause issues down the line.

fkaS, sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you about Tigers 3 second rows being superior to Launchbury and Lawes. Slater yes has been unlucky and agree would have probably been an international if not for the terrible knee injuries he's suffered. Barrow has potential but as yet hasn't shown enough to be considered for int duty (Charlie Eewls is in front of him in the England pecking order as is Atwood when fit) and Kitchener has been overlooked by various coaches, can they really all be wrong? Cockrill (Slater/ Parling and later Slater/ Barrow or Fitzgerald often started before him). Both Lancaster and Jones haven't really  given him a sniff of a full call up and even Muager went with Slater and  Fitzgerald first game up and left him on the bench. I've seen him put in some eye catching performances in the AP but it doesn't seem to help him get called up or even give the impression he's totally first choice at Tigers. Do wonder if maybe he's a bit of a show pony in regards to second row play?

You don't get 50+ caps like Lawes or be a regular in the 23 like Launchbury if you can't play a bit. Agree with beshocked, they are currently a standard above Tigers options.

Lawes had a blinder yesterday, but I'd still not look to sign him over the three we have. Relative expense to improcement isn't there. Launchbury plays like a 6 but isn't mobile enough so plays lock. Tackles like a demon but not really a master of the traditional areas you want from a second row. As shown when Richie Gray went to Sale it's not just the player it's how they fit the club. Our second rows are more than adequate for the game we want to play and if we can stop being Poopie and learn how to tackle and defend then there may well be some caps forthcoming.

Kitchener has been struggling with niggles this season. The season pre RWC he dominated the league in lineouts won and lineouts stolen. This from a 19 stone lock. Lancaster made a big error not taking him to the world cup with our lineout so wobbly. The again our pack was regularly inadequate under Lancaster hence the home world cup humiliation.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2017, 2:07 pm

https://twitter.com/TomYoungs87/status/830758557951913984

That's one rumour killed off fairly quickly.

I might be wrong (usually am) but isn't the Rugby Inside Line just a Twitter handle used by a couple of Saints fans that regurgitate rumours found browsing on sites like this?

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun 12 Feb 2017, 5:32 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Lawes had a blinder yesterday, but I'd still not look to sign him over the three we have. Relative expense to improcement isn't there. Launchbury plays like a 6 but isn't mobile enough so plays lock. Tackles like a demon but not really a master of the traditional areas you want from a second row. As shown when Richie Gray went to Sale it's not just the player it's how they fit the club. Our second rows are more than adequate for the game we want to play and if we can stop being Poopie and learn how to tackle and defend then there may well be some caps forthcoming.

Kitchener has been struggling with niggles this season. The season pre RWC he dominated the league in lineouts won and lineouts stolen. This from a 19 stone lock. Lancaster made a big error not taking him to the world cup with our lineout so wobbly. The again our pack was regularly inadequate under Lancaster hence the home world cup humiliation.

Fair enough. Sorry, I thought you meant you wouldn't take either player over your current options regardless of other factors such as wages. Agree the extra cash would be better spent elsewhere at Tigers, backrow and fullback instantly spring to mind.

Second rows have become so important in the current game. Must have a workrate of a backrow but with the grunt and technical ability they've always needed.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun 12 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:https://twitter.com/TomYoungs87/status/830758557951913984

That's one rumour killed off fairly quickly.

I might be wrong (usually am) but isn't the Rugby Inside Line just a Twitter handle used by a couple of Saints fans that regurgitate rumours found browsing on sites like this?
I'm a Saints fan (but not on Twitter Smile) but I'm glad T. Youngs isn't done. Never felt he was big enough or good enough at the hooker basics for the very top level but still a top AP player at his best.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 12 Feb 2017, 5:57 pm

B91212 wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:

Fair enough. Sorry, I thought you meant you wouldn't take either player over your current options regardless of other factors such as wages. Agree the extra cash would be better spent elsewhere at Tigers, backrow and fullback instantly spring to mind.

Second rows have become so important in the current game. Must have a workrate of a backrow but with the grunt and technical ability they've always needed.

Agree on the fullback. Fills me with dread every time I see Tait named at 15. He was cracking a couple of seasons back but has since lost the last of his pace and has taken to making silly errors. Hopefully TV will be fit from next week.

Looks like we injured our new number 8 yesterday... typical.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:11 pm

"Leicester Tigers could be set to try and dump Matt Toomua and Manu Tuilagi as part of a clear out and will look to sign England centre Ben Te’o from Worcester Warriors. This would also free up salary cap to secure the signing of George Ford."

will be pissed if we offload Manu, far too much time has been put into him.

Last edited by nathan on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:12 pm

Parling also to Sale Sharks

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:25 pm

nathan wrote:"Leicester Tigers could be set to try and dump Matt Toomua and Manu Tuilagi as part of a clear out and will look to sign England centre Ben Te’o from Worcester Warriors. This would also free up salary cap to secure the signing of George Ford."

All made up.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 13 Feb 2017, 7:30 am

Hope so welly, the Manu one doesn't make much sense

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:50 am

Welly wrote:
nathan wrote:"Leicester Tigers could be set to try and dump Matt Toomua and Manu Tuilagi as part of a clear out and will look to sign England centre Ben Te’o from Worcester Warriors. This would also free up salary cap to secure the signing of George Ford."

All made up.

Agreed. Complete gibberish. The cost of terminating those contracts would be horrific for the club. Te'o also has two years left at Wuss, he won't be cheap, unless there's a relegation release clause but judging by comments he made earlier in the season that seems unlikely.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:11 pm

Just seen that AB Steven Luatua has agreed terms to join Bristol for the 2017/18 season.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:20 pm

Fluxy wrote:Just seen that AB Steven Luatua has agreed terms to join Bristol for the 2017/18 season.

Pat lam affect.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:25 pm

Fluxy wrote:Just seen that AB Steven Luatua has agreed terms to join Bristol for the 2017/18 season.
It's signings like that when I wonder if the player fully understands the relegation system in the Prem...

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:38 pm

Tom Coventry apparently didnt know there was relegation when he joined Irish...

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon 13 Feb 2017, 6:28 pm

king_carlos wrote:
It's signings like that when I wonder if the player fully understands the relegation system in the Prem...

Apprently no relegation clause in it.

Let's face it Bristol offering bucket loads of cash and Pat Lam can sell the long term vision, it's a potent mix.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 13 Feb 2017, 6:36 pm

Its things like this that makes me want them to get relegated even more.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 13 Feb 2017, 7:17 pm

Bit sad to see Luatua ditch his AB career so early on. Hell of a signing for Bristol though. They must have promised him lots of cash.

Tom Coventry definitely coached Irish like there was no relegation.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:03 am

There were rumours that he might be heading back to Oz.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/cheika-hoping-to-lure-beale-back-to-australia/

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:14 am

Tigers confirm Ford joins and Burns goes to Bath

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/status/831458003614363649

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 14 Feb 2017, 2:01 pm

Gordon Reid and Josh Strauss officially on the market now, Mark Bennett though has chosen Edinburgh over Newcastle.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by englishborn Tue 14 Feb 2017, 2:09 pm

With Ford going to Tigers be interesting to see where (if anywhere) Sale go for their 10 now.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=65212

englishborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20