The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Macrae interview with Barry McGuigan

+4
Scottrf
Rowley
88Chris05
superflyweight
8 posters

Go down

Donald Macrae interview with Barry McGuigan Empty Donald Macrae interview with Barry McGuigan

Post by superflyweight Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm

Good article here from the always excellent, Donald Macrae in the Guardian. It was written before the Turley fight but focuses more on McGuigan than Frampton

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jun/04/barry-mcguigan-carl-frampton

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Donald Macrae interview with Barry McGuigan Empty Re: Donald Macrae interview with Barry McGuigan

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:39 pm

Good read Superfly, cheers for posting. Hope all is well with the little'un.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Donald Macrae interview with Barry McGuigan Empty Re: Donald Macrae interview with Barry McGuigan

Post by superflyweight Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

She's still not arrived, Chris but any day now. There's been a few complications recently and we seem to be spending most of our time at the hospital.

All seems to be fine though.

The McGuigan book sounds like it might actually be a good read. Never hold out too much hope for auto-biographies of sportsmen but this might actually be worth reading.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:06 pm

superflyweight wrote:She's still not arrived, Chris but any day now. There's been a few complications recently and we seem to be spending most of our time at the hospital.

All seems to be fine though.

The McGuigan book sounds like it might actually be a good read. Never hold out too much hope for auto-biographies of sportsmen but this might actually be worth reading.

Think I'll probably give it a read, to be honest. McGuigan, unlike some who have churned out autobiographies, can actually string a decent story together and, given how forthright he usually is, I reckon it will be worth a look.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

Super,

Just a quick line to wish you and your good lady all the best.

Just found out this week that there will be a little DAVE667 arriving in December...I swear, I can't smile wide enough!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Super,

Just found out this week that there will be a little DAVE667 arriving in December...I swear, I can't smile wide enough!

You've only done this so Truss will consider you a real man Dave. Honestly the lengths some people will go to to get Truss' approval on here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

Glad to be of service.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

rowley wrote:

You've only done this so Truss will consider you a real man Dave. Honestly the lengths some people will go to to get Truss' approval on here.

Something tells me my efforts to acheive this will all be in vain.

however, I'll brace myself for the volley of "It was me who did it really cos I'm a beefster" comments

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

Congratulations, Dave. Hope the ode lady is doing well.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

Dave, sincere congratulations to you and Mrs Dave.

superfly, please pass on my best to Mrs superfly. I sincerely hope that everything will be plain sailing from here on in.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:45 pm

Thanks guys,

We haven't had a scan as yet (hopefully next week) but the initial tests (both at home and from the GP) have come back POSITIVE.

Wife is delighted and terrified in equal measure. Delighted we're having a baby, terrified it will look like me...cheeky mare!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Wife is delighted and terrified in equal measure. Delighted we're having a baby, terrified it will look like me...cheeky mare!
Not to worry, little chance of that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

Congratulations to you and mrs 667, Dave.

And good luck Superfly, hope things go well.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:48 pm

Congrats Dave. Your problems have just began Yahoo

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

azania wrote:Congrats Dave. Your problems have just began Yahoo

I know, my wife will undoubtedly bombard it with TAKE THAT, WESTLIFE and BOYZONE tracks whilst also singing MAN UTD songs to it in utero. Poor child!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

Despite being spectacularly free from kids and remaining resolute in my desire to remain that way I will still offer you my congratulations Dave.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:17 pm

rowley wrote:Despite being spectacularly free from kids and remaining resolute in my desire to remain that way I will still offer you my congratulations Dave.

Thank you very much indeed. My sincerest wish is that I don't become "ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE" forever banging on about their kids. I hope to be extremely pleased and proud...but keep it all inside. Course, if I wanted to avoid being "one of those people", I wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place, but there we go!

I'll shut up about it now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

Dave "those people" have a special circle of hell reserved for them right next to the self righteous ex-smokers (as if there are any other kind) A girl I used to work with has just had her first kid and five month in is yet to go a day without posting new photos on Facebook. Pleased for her and glad being a parent is everything she hoped for and all that but give it a rest.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:22 pm

rowley wrote:Dave "those people" have a special circle of hell reserved for them right next to the self righteous ex-smokers (as if there are any other kind) A girl I used to work with has just had her first kid and five month in is yet to go a day without posting new photos on Facebook. Pleased for her and glad being a parent is everything she hoped for and all that but give it a rest.
Yeah I've deleted a couple of people for that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

Scottrf wrote:
rowley wrote:Dave "those people" have a special circle of hell reserved for them right next to the self righteous ex-smokers (as if there are any other kind) A girl I used to work with has just had her first kid and five month in is yet to go a day without posting new photos on Facebook. Pleased for her and glad being a parent is everything she hoped for and all that but give it a rest.
Yeah I've deleted a couple of people for that.
Do you mean deleted off "FACEBOOK" or in real life...bit extreme if it's the latter.

There's been a couple of women at work who've gone on and on and one about how, "a mother knows these things" and yet I remember them when their kids wer born and they were weeping in frustration at times, holding the child by it's ears and wondering which end to put the nappy on. It's that sort of arrogance that irritates me...bit like those after the fact boxing fans who knew "fighter A would win all along" but conveniently forgot to mention it in the run up.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:20 pm

Congratulations, Dave and thanks to others for the kind words.

Dave, the next few months are going to go past at a frightening rate and you'll soon know way too much about the inner workings of the female body - except the brain. Also, watch out for the 3rd trimester hormones. Utterly mental!!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 5:05 pm

Thankfully been around enough pregnant women to be aware of most of the pitfalls. Course, living with them is another matter entirely. Still, I look forward to the whole experience with a totally positive outlook and, should my illusions be shattered in any way, it shall simply become all part of life's rich tapestry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 06 Jun 2011, 5:09 pm

You could write weekly updates for us on the progress Dave, since you never talk about boxing (apparently) will fit in well with the rest of your output

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 5:21 pm

Week 12 - wife getting bigger, fridge filled with all manner of healthy organic and expensive food.

Week 16 - wife still getting bigger, fridge still full, but now with cake and chocolate....still expensive though. Stern letter sent to writers of magazine article recommending healthy expensive food.

Week 20 - wife still expanding, fridge now padlocked, bin full of tear stained tissues...apparently this is my fault.

Week 21 - Apparently it's now not all my fault, but I haven't helped matters. Pointing out that I don't know what's going on from one day to the next apparently "hasn't helped matters"

Week 23 - Seems wife was mistaken and it IS all my fault. Bin still full of tear stained tissues, padlock on fridge in pieces, fridge now full of lager...as am I.

Week 25 - everything hazy. Can't move for lager cans and packets of disposable nappies. Think it's still my fault but am either unsure or uninterested. Can't decide.

Week 56 - Baby born sometime ago but have only just become aware of this after several weeks of surealistic nightmare involving, lager, crying, nappies, more lager, a bit more crying followed by a lot more crying, trip to Curry's to buy new fridge, trip to Asda to buy more lager, trip to Polar to buy new car after rear axle breaks under weight of lager in boot and a whole host of other things too bizarre to mention.

Did I mention it was my fault?

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon 06 Jun 2011, 5:51 pm

Really looking forward to reading his book. Some good releases lately with Sugar ray Leonards book out aswell.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down