The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Red-carded tonight for a swinging arm tackle against Leinster.

Saints were behind on the scoreboard but on the attack when Hartley came off the bench. Two scrum penalties later, Leinster were on the Saints goal line and duly scored. a try. Not long afterwards, Hartley was sent off, and Saints promptly crumbled. Not really an effective contribution.

It's the sort of thing Hartley has done before but seemed to have left behind under Jones. Poetically, both Lancaster and Jones were at the ground to bear witness.

This red happened in a club match but it has international implications. Jones might stand by his man, or he might take it as a cue to start looking elsewhere for captaincy options. The 6N match against Ireland could be a crucial encounter, and the referee will be Jerome Garces, who just sent Hartley off the field.

If Hartley doesn't lead England during the 6N, then his Lions chances will take a hit.

Rugby Fan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 6436
Join date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down


Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by marty2086 Mon 12 Dec 2016, 4:43 pm

TJ wrote:Poorfour
I think most sensible people accept it was an attempt to dislodge the ball that went wrong.  Reckless rather than intentional.
However it ends up as a swinging arm to the head which means its a red card.
World rugby guidance means its a 4 week starting point for a ban - intentional would be 8 weeks starting point
then they look at the outcome - SOB has to go off as he is concussed.  that adds a couple of weeks.  Nothing off for previous good record.  so around 6 wks seems to be right

If you do say so yourself Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by TJ Mon 12 Dec 2016, 4:51 pm

Well marty - the one eyed on one side say it was nothing, the others side say its premeditated thuggery. MOst of us accept its reckless not intentional

TJ

Posts : 7940
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 12 Dec 2016, 4:58 pm

poissonrouge wrote:Taking a freeze frame can make things look different to what they actually were - You say Hartley had "already made contact with his left arm" - I have frozen the video just at the point he approaches and you can see that he is not aiming to wrap his left arm he is actually bracing for an impact against O'Brien. And the reason for that is that he is winding up his right arm to wallop him. That isn't a tackle it is a blow aimed at the player - which is illegal

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Screen10

That's the crux of it - a swinging arm is not a tackle. You can argue that Hartley was unfortunate that it connected with O'Brien's neck (I'd say O'Brien is the more unfortunate) but even if it had connected with his back, it would still not have been a tackle.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24458
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 42
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Dec 2016, 4:59 pm

TJ wrote:Well marty - the one eyed on one side say it was nothing, the others side say its premeditated thuggery.  MOst of us accept its reckless not intentional

Well according to poissonrouge, neither recklessness nor intent comes into the equation, just the action.

So we're all wasting our time debating it. Even Hartley is wasting his time turning up to plead a defence case.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 12 Dec 2016, 5:01 pm

He still has to decide which biscuits to bring. I'd go with brandy snaps - that would really throw them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24458
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 42
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by marty2086 Mon 12 Dec 2016, 5:02 pm

TJ wrote:Well marty - the one eyed on one side say it was nothing, the others side say its premeditated thuggery.  MOst of us accept its reckless not intentional

Not seen premeditated mentioned anywhere

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Dec 2016, 5:03 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:He still has to decide which biscuits to bring. I'd go with brandy snaps - that would really throw them.

Don't worry, Eddie already bought him a pack out of the England kitty.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Gwlad Mon 12 Dec 2016, 5:37 pm

The worst thing about Hartley is that he has shown he can control himself but then decides not to bother anymore; that goes to show he intended to straight arm SOB.

This recklessness argument is tripe, you can't be reckless using a straight arm which we are all in agreement he did. He didn't try and tackle anyone, his body position was not for a tackle but was wound up to throw his right arm; there is your 'intent'.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Dec 2016, 5:46 pm

A very good point by Gwlad. All those high stakes International games and Hartley gets through them with flying colours. He's told by Jones he is Captain and that requires him to lead by example. Hartley conforms wonderfully.

Then he gets back to a club game and............................ well, it's only a club game. A man has to unwind from the self-imposed tension of International now and again...

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Gwlad Mon 12 Dec 2016, 7:45 pm

Thats how i see it Fly….and no doubt he'd be on his best behavior on tour but he'd be a target for the club teams and on the basis he isn't even the best hooker available i just can't see how he makes Lions skipper now having never toured before.

54 weeks of bans…its just incredible really.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 12 Dec 2016, 8:05 pm

Any news of his hearing yet?

majesticimperialman

Posts : 5703
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Allty Mon 12 Dec 2016, 9:20 pm

My view is he cant be trusted to remain on the field.

PS The guy is an out and out thug.

Allty

Posts : 584
Join date : 2013-02-19

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by marty2086 Mon 12 Dec 2016, 10:01 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Any news of his hearing yet?

Its on Wednesday

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Gwlad Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:49 am

Allty wrote:My view is he cant be trusted to remain on the field.  

PS The guy is an out and out thug.

I though he had grown up having been given such a reprieve with the England captaincy but now he's done and yes, he is a thug in the Calum Clark mould.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 13 Dec 2016, 7:04 am


Any player that leads his country to 13 successive victories is a very special player, in fact there would be very few international players that could claim such a statistic.Yes he plays on the edge, and every now and then it doesnt come off. Some of the vilifying/insulting comments about the man on this thread are way over the top.

Perhaps he will get a ban for a few weeks, but he will be back.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 64
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Allty Tue 13 Dec 2016, 8:07 am

I suppose its OK to have a nibble at opponents now and again ........

Allty

Posts : 584
Join date : 2013-02-19

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue 13 Dec 2016, 8:12 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Any player that leads his country to 13 successive victories is a very special player, in fact there would be very few international players that could claim such a  statistic.Yes he plays on the edge, and every now and then it doesnt come off.  Some of the vilifying/insulting comments about the man on this thread are way over the top.

Perhaps he will get a ban for a few weeks, but he will be back.

Totally agree. As was said by BT commentators prior to the game something wasn't/isn't right at the Saints to have put him on the bench as England captain & he needed game time - it just doesn't add up somehow. I am not condoning his reckless behaviour but I don't believe it would have happened if he was wearing white.

BigTrevsbigmac

Posts : 3266
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 8:23 am

Saints in general have a tonne of problems emanating from Mallinder and showing themselves on the pitch. This really is a storm in a tea cup though.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by beshocked Tue 13 Dec 2016, 8:45 am

aucklandlaurie 54 weeks of bans speaks for itself though I can imagine you feel some affiliation for Hartley as he was born in New Zealand.

The biggest issue I have is if Hartley is banned we might have Farrell as England captain. picard

Would rather England doesn't pick someone who is a nasty piece of work.

Of course Robshaw was too nice but surely England can pick someone who has the right balance?



beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 8:49 am

Does it matter if Hartley is unpleasant on the pitch, or off it come to that, if he's an effective captain and good player?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Scottrf Tue 13 Dec 2016, 9:01 am

Well it matters if he gets sent off in a game you want to win.

Scottrf

Posts : 14268
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 9:03 am

Some people on here are failing to grasp the simple truth.

Hartley is a nasty piece of work. Eddie Jones knew this and picked him because of it. He'll serve his time and be England captain again.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 36
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 9:09 am

The nicest of nice guys (seemingly) get sent off though see Daly. This is just an accident. He's a good captain and I'm sure he could be a good servant to England and his club for a few more years net. Again don't care if he's seen as nasty.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by poissonrouge Tue 13 Dec 2016, 9:20 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Does it matter if Hartley is unpleasant on the pitch, or off it come to that, if he's an effective captain and good player?
Guess it doesn't really matter if all you care about is winning and are prepared to accept that loss of a good player halfway through a match may lead to a loss of a game. However if you consider whether you want to teach younger players how to play appropriately within the rules and with some consideration as to the health and welfare of other players - well not quite so sure whether one would want Hartley as a role model for your kids. Apparently I hear he is a nice guy off the pitch, but his track record doesn't exactly come across as good behaviour.
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Posts : 525
Join date : 2011-05-24
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 9:24 am

The humanity of it all etc? Are all high shots going to get the same hand wringing, I mean I'm assuming we're all going to get on our high horses for all things against the rules like Beale getting sin binned on debut etc? This is rugby and things like this happen, yes against the rules, yes a red card but come on not the crime of the century.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by beshocked Tue 13 Dec 2016, 9:41 am

no 7 & 1/2 yes but Daly doesn't have 54 weeks of bans. He hasn't been done for almost every offence.

Daly was an idiot but it didn't cost England the game either. They won without him.

If Daly goes on to pick up cards then yes he could reach Hartley's infamy.

You forget Hartley cost Saints an AP title.

I personally don't think you have to an A hole to be an effective captain.

It's not an accident when a player repeatedly gets banned.

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 13 Dec 2016, 9:43 am

Hartley isn't a dirty player on the Int stage. What concerns me more about his Lions credentials is he isn't actually playing that well. His darts are immaculate which is obviously a must for a Lions spot....but his scrummaging and work around the park is not quite at the level you'd want imo.

I think the best 2 hookers currently are Best and George, I'd personally want those in the starting squad.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34763
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 9:46 am

That's part of the problem beshocked, too many aren't judging the incident but looking at the list of bans.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by marty2086 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 9:48 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Any player that leads his country to 13 successive victories is a very special player, in fact there would be very few international players that could claim such a  statistic.Yes he plays on the edge, and every now and then it doesnt come off.  Some of the vilifying/insulting comments about the man on this thread are way over the top.

Perhaps he will get a ban for a few weeks, but he will be back.

Totally agree. As was said by BT commentators prior to the game something wasn't/isn't right at the Saints to have put him on the bench as England captain & he needed game time - it just doesn't add up somehow. I am not condoning his reckless behaviour but I don't believe it would have happened if he was wearing white.

How did he need game time? He had just played 4 tests and Saints have a very good hooker in Haywood who was playing well and hadn't been away from the club for a month

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 13 Dec 2016, 10:19 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Hartley isn't a dirty player on the Int stage. What concerns me more about his Lions credentials is he isn't actually playing that well. His darts are immaculate which is obviously a must for a Lions spot....but his scrummaging and work around the park is not quite at the level you'd want imo.

I think the best 2 hookers currently are Best and George, I'd personally want those in the starting squad.

Spot on

Regardless of the outcome of the hearing both George and Best are playing at a far higher level this year.
The only debate at hooker should be who gets the third seat on the plane with those two.

geoff999rugby

Posts : 4612
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by beshocked Tue 13 Dec 2016, 10:26 am

no 7 & 1/2 the incident itself is not one of Hartley's worst. If this was another player with a lower profile or indeed a cleaner record there would not be the same talk.

It's the same player though. Also he's a player many wanted as Lions captain prior to this incident.

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 10:30 am

So you reckon this incident is a deliberate attempt to hit his head? I just can't see it myself. And then I think about the amount of big hits players do in each game and think yup red card but mainly by misfortune.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by marty2086 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 10:35 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Hartley isn't a dirty player on the Int stage. What concerns me more about his Lions credentials is he isn't actually playing that well. His darts are immaculate which is obviously a must for a Lions spot....but his scrummaging and work around the park is not quite at the level you'd want imo.

I think the best 2 hookers currently are Best and George, I'd personally want those in the starting squad.

That depends how you look at it, he has played over 200 games for Saints and less than 80 for England, a few of those for England were as second choice were as hes mostly first choice for Saints

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 13 Dec 2016, 10:50 am

marty2086 wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:Hartley isn't a dirty player on the Int stage. What concerns me more about his Lions credentials is he isn't actually playing that well. His darts are immaculate which is obviously a must for a Lions spot....but his scrummaging and work around the park is not quite at the level you'd want imo.

I think the best 2 hookers currently are Best and George, I'd personally want those in the starting squad.

That depends how you look at it, he has played over 200 games for Saints and less than 80 for England, a few of those for England were as second choice were as hes mostly first choice for Saints

I look at it as in the point he has hardly put a foot wrong whilst playing for England. Forget about Saints, he's obviously in a different mindset when turning out in White.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34763
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by marty2086 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 12:52 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:Hartley isn't a dirty player on the Int stage. What concerns me more about his Lions credentials is he isn't actually playing that well. His darts are immaculate which is obviously a must for a Lions spot....but his scrummaging and work around the park is not quite at the level you'd want imo.

I think the best 2 hookers currently are Best and George, I'd personally want those in the starting squad.

That depends how you look at it, he has played over 200 games for Saints and less than 80 for England, a few of those for England were as second choice were as hes mostly first choice for Saints

I look at it as in the point he has hardly put a foot wrong whilst playing for England. Forget about Saints, he's obviously in a different mindset when turning out in White.

Hasnt he been yellow carded 2 or 3 times for England plus his biting ban? There are some teams with better records than that

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by GeordieFalcon Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:17 pm

Bryan Habana has 7 yellow cards at international level....

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 23887
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:18 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Bryan Habana has 7 yellow cards at international level....

Probably not for dirty play though.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:21 pm

Hartley has missed a world cup and lions tour because of his diciplinary record. Regardless of whether his biggest offenses have occured for England or not it has had a huge impact on his international carreer. You just cant trust him.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:25 pm

Ironically I also don't think those 2 bans were that bad. The swearing to me was directed at Youngs as what he said didn't really make sense if directed at Barnes ( thoguh was stupid to swear as there had just been a warning) and the 'headbutt'...well come on it wasn't really was it? the problem he has had since that first ban is the rep that comes with it. Every ban there after is justified as he's a 'thug' etc. instead of looking at the incidents which on the whole are borderline.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by GeordieFalcon Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:27 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Bryan Habana has 7 yellow cards at international level....

Probably not for dirty play though.

What else do you get yellow cards for? Headscratch

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 23887
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by SecretFly Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:34 pm

I've always considered Habana to be a bit of a self-centred ass.... yeah, I can believe imagine 7 yellow cards.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by marty2086 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:35 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ironically I also don't think those 2 bans were that bad. The swearing to me was directed at Youngs as what he said didn't really make sense if directed at Barnes ( thoguh was stupid to swear as there had just been a warning) and the 'headbutt'...well come on it wasn't really was it? the problem he has had since that first ban is the rep that comes with it. Every ban there after is justified as he's a 'thug' etc. instead of looking at the incidents which on the whole are borderline.

He plead guilty to the headbutt so cant blame his reputation on him saying he did it

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:39 pm

marty2086 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ironically I also don't think those 2 bans were that bad. The swearing to me was directed at Youngs as what he said didn't really make sense if directed at Barnes ( thoguh was stupid to swear as there had just been a warning) and the 'headbutt'...well come on it wasn't really was it? the problem he has had since that first ban is the rep that comes with it. Every ban there after is justified as he's a 'thug' etc. instead of looking at the incidents which on the whole are borderline.

He plead guilty to the headbutt so cant blame his reputation on him saying he did it

England players seem to have a habit of just owning up to things don't they like Launchbury getting into trouble rather than pulling a Canes. You've seen the headbutt, do you really consider it to be one? I mean we talk about bad technique in that tackle but he must have amazingly bad technique in headbutts given what happened after it!

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by marty2086 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:47 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ironically I also don't think those 2 bans were that bad. The swearing to me was directed at Youngs as what he said didn't really make sense if directed at Barnes ( thoguh was stupid to swear as there had just been a warning) and the 'headbutt'...well come on it wasn't really was it? the problem he has had since that first ban is the rep that comes with it. Every ban there after is justified as he's a 'thug' etc. instead of looking at the incidents which on the whole are borderline.

He plead guilty to the headbutt so cant blame his reputation on him saying he did it

England players seem to have a habit of just owning up to things don't they like Launchbury getting into trouble rather than pulling a Canes. You've seen the headbutt, do you really consider it to be one? I mean we talk about bad technique in that tackle but he must have amazingly bad technique in headbutts given what happened after it!

You really are putting in a real effort to defend him, he tried to headbutt somebody poor technique or not it was stupid, unprofessional and potentially dangerous so whether you think it was a proper headbutt or not he still did it, he still crossed a line and he got himself banned

You say England players have a habit of owning up? Except St. Dylan hasnt always owned up has he?

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Scottrf Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:51 pm

He squared up to him and shoved his head in his face. Stupid maybe but hardly crime of the century for a front row.

Scottrf

Posts : 14268
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:52 pm

Don't need to put much effort in, marty come on do you think that's a headbutt really? This is what I mean by things linked to Hartley judged differently.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by marty2086 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:53 pm

Scottrf wrote:He squared up to him and shoved his head in his face. Stupid maybe but hardly crime of the century for a front row.

Which is a headbutt!

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:53 pm

Right fair enough.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23422
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Scottrf Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:56 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:He squared up to him and shoved his head in his face. Stupid maybe but hardly crime of the century for a front row.

Which is a headbutt!
In your simplistic world maybe.

Is a hand off a punch?

Scottrf

Posts : 14268
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:56 pm

Youre being a little absurd.

He's no saint obviously, hes got a bit of bite.....hes a hooker.

Im not concerned he'll get into trouble when he plays for England, id feel the same with the Lions.

Some posters on here go on like Rugby is tiddlewinks, its a brutal, physical sport.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34763
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback - Page 5 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley rehabilitation setback

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum