The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

+41
Pot Hale
marty2086
Mad for Chelsea
Majestic83
alive555
exile jack
Anglobraveheart
XR
TJ
Nematode
SirBurger
rapidsnowman
formerly known as Sam
Welly
GLove39
InjuredYetAgain
RuggerRadge2611
bsando
EST
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
demosthenes
BigGee
MacKnocked-on
funnyExiledScot
Manky-Flanker
CraigS1874
Tattie Scones RRN
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
nickj
EWT Spoons
Dollar Bill
tigertattie
George Carlin
R!skysports
IanBru
cakeordeath
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
45 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Mon 30 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/
http://www.edinburghrugby.org/

A NOT SO BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME-WASTING   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 CUP - PAST RESULTS   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

Guinness Pro12

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 396067

Guinness Pro12 Website
Edinburgh Rugby (Pro12 Website)
Glasgow Warriors (Pro12 Website)
Guinness Pro12 2016/17 Overview (Ultimate Rugby)

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 YouTube-logo-full_color
Playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 highlights here.
Playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 highlights here.

Europe

European Rugby Website

CHAMPIONS CUP
QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS
Sun, Apr 2, 13:00, Allianz Park

CHALLENGE CUP
QUARTER FINAL
EDINBURGH v LA ROCHELLE
Fri, March 31, 19:00, Murrayfield Stadium

Both European Finals are at Murrayfield. Fingers Crossed

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by tigertattie Thu 02 Mar 2017, 10:43 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
bsando wrote:According to an article I read in the Guardian James O'connor is not going to get his Toulon contract extended. If he were keen to stick around in Europe I think he would be an incredible signing for Glasgow Warriors. The clubs culture is probably exactly what would benefit his style of play. Long shot perhaps and maybe too expensive to attract but you never know, I would love to see him turn his career around at Glasgow.

Given his previous history of off the field incidents - and his latest run in with the police over drugs charges - I don't think he's the kind of player Glasgow should be targeting. Could be more hassle than it is worth!

no. just no!

Imagine him in the kebab shop with Wilson!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by RDW Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:01 pm

Al Dickinson returns for Edinburgh which is good news.

Fraser McKenzie out for Gilchrist and Weir starting at 10.

After Tovey's performances of late I'm delighted Weir is back - never thought I'd say that!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:08 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Al Dickinson returns for Edinburgh which is good news.

I wonder if Scotland will bench him next weekend if he comes through the game unscatched. It would be a tall order to go straight back into International rugby after such a long time out with only one game under your belt.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:17 pm

Anton Bressler back on the bench for Edinburgh as well. A long awaited return.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

Acting Head Coach Duncan Hodge has made three changes to his starting Edinburgh Rugby side to face Ospreys in the Guinness PRO12 tomorrow (Friday 3 March) at Myreside (kick-off 7.35pm) – live on BBC ALBA.

Dickinson returns to start in the front-row

Loosehead prop Alasdair Dickinson returns from a period on the side-lines to start in the front-row. The Scotland internationalist has not featured in the black and red since sustaining a foot injury against Glasgow Warriors in the1872 Cup clash on Boxing Day.

In the backline, Duncan Weir is released from Scotland camp to start at stand-off, while his national team colleague, Grant Gilchrist, is named in the second-row.

Acting Head Coach, Duncan Hodge, said: “We’ve got to take the positives from the Cardiff game and carry them into tomorrow night’s encounter against Ospreys.

“As a group we were bitterly disappointed to score three tries and be in control of the match, only for basic errors and execution to cost us the game in the closing stages.

“The players have knuckled down and addressed their work-ons and we hope this week’s work will pay dividends come tomorrow.

“Ospreys are a quality side and travel to Myreside on a good run of form, but we have the belief in ourselves to come away with a result.”

Double try-scorer against Cardiff Blues, Rory Scholes, continues on the left wing and is joined by Damien Hoyland and Blair Kinghorn in the back-three, while Glenn Bryce and Chris Dean remain in midfield.

Sam Hidalgo-Clyne retains the starting number nine jersey to form the half-back duo with Weir.

Murray McCallum – who today signed a two-year deal with the club – retains his spot in the front-row alongside the returning Dickinson and captain Neil Cochrane.

Ben Toolis makes his 22nd consecutive start in the engine room, where he is joined by the incoming Gilchrist.

The trio of Magnus Bradbury, Jamie Ritchie and Cornell Du Preez are again named as the starting back-row.

Edinburgh Rugby team to play Ospreys at Myreside in the Guinness PRO12 tomorrow (Friday 3 March, kick-off 7.35pm) – live on BBC ALBA

15. Blair Kinghorn

14. Damien Hoyland

13. Glenn Bryce

12. Chris Dean

11. Rory Scholes

10. Duncan Weir

9. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne

1. Alasdair Dickinson

2. Neil Cochrane CAPTAIN

3. Murray McCallum

4. Grant Gilchrist

5. Ben Toolis

6. Magnus Bradbury

7. Jamie Ritchie

8. Cornell Du Preez

Replacements

16. Stuart McInally

17. Derrick Appiah

18. Kevin Bryce

19. Anton Bresler

20. Lewis Carmichael

21. Nathan Fowles

22. Junior Rasolea

23. Michael Allen

Players unavailable due to injury: Nick Beavon (neck), Phil Burleigh (hand), Jack Cosgrove (ankle), Viliami Fihaki (hand), John Hardie (knee), Will Helu (hand), Viliame Mata (knee), Nasi Manu (shoulder), Fraser McKenzie (back), WP Nel (neck), Alex Northam (Achilles), Rory Sutherland (groin), Jason Tovey (shoulder), Kyle Whyte (knee)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:38 pm

I missed the last match, but from what I heard Glenn Bryce pretty much lived up to expectations at 13, i.e. he was awful. Yet he's selected there again over Allen? Anyone....?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:52 pm

He didn't do overly much wrong but he also wasn't overly noticeable.

Chris Dean had a decent game again. To be fair most of the team did up until around 60 minutes!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 02 Mar 2017, 1:00 pm

Good team, if you switch Allan and Bryce.

They will lose though, even if they are 30 points up with 8 minutes to play.

They won't be 30 points up, however. They won't score 30 points.

Still, Bresler is back. Which is nice.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 02 Mar 2017, 1:59 pm

FES, do we need to stage an intervention? I might try to remove any sharp objects from your house, but there's bound to be an 18th-century bayonet hidden in the hunting lodge.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:13 pm

No need. It's the hope that kills you, and Edinburgh fans have lost all hope.

I've actually passed up a ticket for the game to have a steak dinner instead. If you look up the definition of "no brainer", you'll see that cited as an example!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:14 pm

Just tell him Al Kellock is the new under-butler, he won't go near the hunting lodge then.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:18 pm

jimbopip wrote:Just tell him Al Kellock is the new under-butler, he won't go near the hunting lodge then.

To be fair, he would just stand there shouting at you, telling you how to butler. Very Happy Hug

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:33 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Just tell him Al Kellock is the new under-butler, he won't go near the hunting lodge then.

To be fair, he would just stand there shouting at you, telling you how to butler. Very Happy Hug

I know.

"Don't worry Al, I'll just do it myself".

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

Ahhhhhhh! The pluses and minuses are back!

The responsibility!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

IanBru wrote:Ahhhhhhh! The pluses and minuses are back!

The responsibility!

Not for me. I don't think GC and RDW trust me to handle that sort of responsibility.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 6:53 pm

Yep, so nice big 4k ultra HD TV, thought I'd treat myself with the surplus money from moving house. Picture is great, but my daughter has the monopoly of the TV...

Makka Pakka,
Akka Wakka,
Mikka Makka moo!

Makka Pakka,
Appa yakka,
Ikka akka, ooo

Hum dum,
Agga pang,
Ing, ang, ooo

Makka Pakka,
Akka wakka,
Mikka Makka moo

Sigh...
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 02 Mar 2017, 6:59 pm

Ah the famous western Samoa war chant - your daughter is obviously cultured!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Fri 03 Mar 2017, 7:16 am

Isn't that the Macca Pacca Haka?

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 03 Mar 2017, 8:48 am

Apparently Jack Cosgrove is now out for 6 weeks meaning we are even more desperately stretched in the front row. I'm not even sure who the back up to short term signing Derrick Appiah is and I'm not sure I want to know....! Shocked

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by exile jack Fri 03 Mar 2017, 9:02 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Yep, so nice big 4k ultra HD TV, thought I'd treat myself with the surplus money from moving house. Picture is great, but my daughter has the monopoly of the TV...

Makka Pakka,
Akka Wakka,
Mikka Makka moo!

Makka Pakka,
Appa yakka,
Ikka akka, ooo

Hum dum,
Agga pang,
Ing, ang, ooo

Makka Pakka,
Akka wakka,
Mikka Makka moo

Sigh...

Oi,i know you boys gave us a right tuning last Saturday but there's no need to reveal the Welsh 3/4 playbook on this Forum even though it's common knowledge we're coached by the Tombliboo's.

exile jack

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 03 Mar 2017, 9:30 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Apparently Jack Cosgrove is now out for 6 weeks meaning we are even more desperately stretched in the front row.  I'm not even sure who the back up to short term signing Derrick Appiah is and I'm not sure I want to know....! Shocked

I'm just glad Dicko is back, I don't think Edinburgh could really get any worse, but with Appiah playing 80mins or whoever is deemed not quite as good as him (tackle bags, traffic cone, picture of chunk) then we could have faced a whole new level of terrible.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 03 Mar 2017, 9:30 am

Radge - I know it well, although I often confuse the Pinky Ponk with the Ninky Nonk.

We're now onto Andy's Prehistoric Adventures, which does at least make some sense.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 03 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

latest news from the home of The Once And Future Champions.......

The Selkirk Pixie has signed a two year extension. Yahoo

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 03 Mar 2017, 10:33 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Radge - I know it well, although I often confuse the Pinky Ponk with the Ninky Nonk.

We're now onto Andy's Prehistoric Adventures, which does at least make some sense.

Isn't that covered in 3rd year at law school?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 03 Mar 2017, 10:37 am

tigertattie wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Radge - I know it well, although I often confuse the Pinky Ponk with the Ninky Nonk.

I didn't take the jurisprudence module as it is, in the words of A. V. Dicey, "a complete load of arse".
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:00 am

Is Lee Jones re-signing really worthy of a Yahoo ?

I'd say a OK at best.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:36 am

I'm scared to respond in case I'm accused of "biting" again.
With Jean-Paul Sartre injured and Tennessee Tam on international duty our winger cupboard is as empty as FES's heart when Red Nose Day comes around.
Centurion...too old[/I
Junior..... [i]not ready yet (very much a work in progress)

The Castlemilk Kid... some days, streets ahead of Junior, some days dead end streets.

Tagive....probably another season before we see him hit his stride
Paddy Kelly... I think he could really make an impact, but the timescale may be similar to Tagive.

So, yes an experienced, talented, fit winger who looks as if he is working hard at his game and improving steadily is Yahoo

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:48 am

jimbopip wrote:I'm scared to respond in case I'm accused of "biting" again.
With Jean-Paul Sartre injured and Tennessee Tam on international duty our winger cupboard is as empty as FES's heart when Red Nose Day comes around.
Centurion...too old[/I
Junior..... not ready yet (very much a work in progress)
The Castlemilk Kid... some days, streets ahead of Junior, some days dead end streets.

Tagive....probably another season before we see him hit his stride
Paddy Kelly... I think he could really make an impact, but the timescale may be similar to Tagive.

So, yes an experienced, talented, fit winger who looks as if he is working hard at his game and improving steadily is Yahoo

There's no doubting that but if you are going to be future Pro 12 wingers as you claim then your 2nd best wingers needs to be much better than Lee Jones!

p.s. Paddy Kelly is a centre.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:52 am

Richie V...plays where he wants.

Apparently he wants to play no8 tomorrow. Nostalgia gets us all sometimes.

Yes, RDW young Kelly can play 13, but I think he has appeared as a winger for Scotland's premier rugby side.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:58 am

Full team, or Richie V plus supporting cast

Allan
Flynn
Rae
Swinson
Brian
Harley
Favaro
Vernon
Pyrgos
Horne
Hughes
Grigg
Bennett
Hughes
Murchie

Macarthur
Bhatti
Puafisi
Cummings
Fusaro
Kentale
Thomson
Tagive

Interesting that Henners is playing: does BVC feel he needs a run out before starting at Twickers? Or is it a sign that he definitely won't start?

Similarly, Meatball starts at 10 for the Ladies Who Lunch and Furra Linee at 10 for the Men's Side. Is it a play off to see who provides back up for Dancer next week?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 03 Mar 2017, 12:09 pm

Is Jones on one wing or is Hughes covering both?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 03 Mar 2017, 12:20 pm

Well spotted nickj, Rozza is fast but not that fast. The Selkirk Pixie is indeed the other winger.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 03 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

IanBru wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

I didn't take the jurisprudence module as it is, in the words of A. V. Dicey, "a complete load of arse".

I did, but then again I consider myself a big thinker was told that you could get a 2:1 with minimal effort.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 03 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

Nice one, I kind of hoped we would have seen Tagive this time.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 03 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm

Pretty strong team out from Glasgow. We really aught to be ending our losing run this weekend.

There are some Scotland bench spots up for grabs, so hopefully we will see a few players putting up their hands for them. Horne did not play well last weekend, but he could leapfrog Bennett if he puts a game together. Then Weir would probably drop out as well and the other bench spot would go to Taylor/Maitland/Visser

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 03 Mar 2017, 2:29 pm

Match thread for the Edinburgh game, if anyone wants to discuss the inevitable shoeing

https://www.606v2.com/t65287-pro12-edinburgh-rugby-vs-ospreys-3rd-march#3526628

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 04 Mar 2017, 6:37 am

Christ - Edinburgh couldn't score in a Greek coastal brothel in the off-tourist season.

I see that Callum Gibbins looked handy against the Rebels this evening. He got half an hour off the bench as the Canes tore the criminal element a new one 71-6.
No, I didn't mis-type that. 71-6.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 04 Mar 2017, 3:28 pm

What a farce of a decision for The Dragons try. Also Glasgow have been a shambles.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 04 Mar 2017, 3:35 pm

Did we find this referee in the car park outside

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 04 Mar 2017, 3:38 pm

Thank god for Micro Grigg. Is anyone watching this? Is it bad?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 04 Mar 2017, 3:42 pm

George Carlin wrote:Thank god for Micro Grigg. Is anyone watching this? Is it bad?

Glasgow have been poor, so bad they are making the team who got spanked by 50 points last week look like world beaters.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 04 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm

Oh dear. That doesn't look good for Richie V. Possible achilles could be season ending

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 04 Mar 2017, 4:17 pm

28-10 is a bit more like it, though.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 04 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm

Grigg is playing an outstanding game.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 04 Mar 2017, 5:44 pm

Well it took us a little while to get going, but a pretty decent win in the end, albeit Dragons were very poor. A win and iderally a good win was what we needed and it was what we got.

A few observations from the game:

1. Ritchie V looks like he did his Achilles and I would imagine is out for the rest of the season. A shame as he was playing pretty well and after all his other injury problems the last 2 years. Not good at contract renewal time.

2. The sooner Big Brian is signed up on a longer contract the better. I suspect he already has been but not announced yet. He is a very good player and is remarkably mobile and has great hands for such a big guy. He did the whole 80 mins no bother at all. A very well deserved MoM.

3. Peter Horne shook off the rustiness and looked his old self again, ran the game very well. I suspect that he will be warming the pine at Twickers next weekend.

4. Henry P had his best game for a while in a Glasgow shirt. His cameo against Wales last weekend seems to have given him his mojo back.

5. Mark Bennett also looked back to his old self. Under presuure for his squad place and did not get off the bench last weekend, he raised his game.

6. Nick Grigg is a cracking little player. He may never quite be international class, but plenty of worse centres have been capped for Scotland. A great squad player to have and I am very glad we have signed him up for a couple more years.

7. Corey Flynn suddenly looks like an ex All Black hooker. He is suddenly coming back into form and will be benching for the Euro games from now on behind Fraser Brown.

8. The new Aussie winger, Tagive has definitely got some promise. Took his try well and looked decent in other play. Again, probably worthy of a longer contract.

It may well be to little to late for the play offs this season, but good to see we are not going to go down without a fight. It will be good to get back into form before the Sarries game as well. It was certainly a big step up from the past few games.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 04 Mar 2017, 5:52 pm

Good news all round Gee.

Visser didn't get injured and scored a very good try tonight as Quins beat the Cherries.

Denton (and young Hastings) came through the Bath-Wasps game uninjured but their side got its collective arse handed to it.

Wasps' back 3 this evening was Kurtley Beale, Christian Wade and Willie Le Roux.

Amazing. Or as Rob Howley would say, his team has the edge on it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 04 Mar 2017, 6:02 pm

George Carlin wrote:Good news all round Gee.

Visser didn't get injured and scored a very good try tonight as Quins beat the Cherries.

Denton (and young Hastings) came through the Bath-Wasps game uninjured but their side got its collective arse handed to it.

Wasps' back 3 this evening was Kurtley Beale, Christian Wade and Willie Le Roux.

Amazing. Or as Rob Howley would say, his team has the edge on it.

Visser deserves to keep his place in the team in my opinion. In the backs it is all about who benches.

I have got the Bath game recorded, so I will reserve judgement on how Denton is playing. I actually thought that CDP had a better game on Friday night, so maybe it will be him to bench.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 04 Mar 2017, 9:59 pm

Well just watched the Bath-Wasps game and Denton did ok without really standing out particularly, then again no-one really did in the bath team.

For the second week in a row, he made a mess up of what seemed like a certain try in the corner, allowing a much smaller winger to push him into touch. The pass from Hastings to put him away in the first place though was a thing of beauty though.

On that basis if it came to a current choice between Dents or CDP for a bench spot next week, I would go for CDP.

Having said that BVC is just as likely to choose Harley!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 11:19 pm

BigGee wrote:Well just watched the Bath-Wasps game and Denton did ok without really standing out particularly, then again no-one really did in the bath team.

For the second week in a row, he made a mess up of what seemed like a certain try in the corner, allowing a much smaller winger to push him into touch. The pass from Hastings to put him away in the first place though was a thing of beauty though.

On that basis if it came to a current choice between Dents or CDP for a bench spot next week, I would go for CDP.

Having said that BVC is just as likely to choose Harley!

I thought Denton looked frankly very lazy today, certainly not a natural 7 (and he cocked up the try chance ). On that showing I don't think he's shown enough to deserve to get back in the Scotland squad. Hastings is obviously a great prospect but far from being the finished article, as the commentators said today, he was playing far too deep to make any impact on the Wasp's defence.
I would personally pick Toolis ahead of Swinson on the bench for next week, I think his added physicality is needed against England and I think he's earned the chance. By the same token I would pick Scott or Taylor instead of Bennett.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 05 Mar 2017, 5:09 am

MacKnocked-on wrote:I thought Denton looked frankly very lazy today, certainly not a natural 7 (and he cocked up the try chance).

Can't really say he cocked that up - not as if he knocked-on or worse. It's not as if Rhys Webb cocked up his disallowed try against Scotland.

After being nicely setup up by Hastings, Denton dives in at the left corner only to be undone by the TMO for having a small part of his massive body in touch. He must be suffering from déjà vu - he had a much similar try ruled out in his last game against Bristol.

I have to agree 100% that Denton is not a natural 7.

With any more injuries to our big back-rowers I think a 6N call up could be on the cards, especially with Strauss and Hardie already out. Although, we're still well covered across the back-row for the England and Italy games.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next