The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fastlane results - spoilers

+9
NickisBHAFC
marty2086
Fernando
Crimey
Ché Guerrero
Hero
Samo
Marky
Good Golly I'm Olly
13 posters

Go down

Fastlane results - spoilers Empty Fastlane results - spoilers

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 06 Mar 2017, 6:34 am

It was probably the most ridiculously booked PPV I've watched for a half decade. Awful, atrocious, pathetic
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Fastlane results - spoilers Empty Re: Fastlane results - spoilers

Post by Marky Mon 06 Mar 2017, 7:23 am

#SundayNightRaw

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 06 Mar 2017, 9:46 am

The cruiserweights had the best match of the night which says it all really.

Shockingly dull and shockingly booked. Certainly the worst PPV since the draft.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 06 Mar 2017, 9:52 am

That stunk of Vince.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 06 Mar 2017, 10:32 am

Sounds bad.

Which matches are worth seeing - reviews seem to suggest Strowman v Reigns was good other than the finish. Was hoping Joe v Zayn would be good.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Mar 2017, 10:41 am

That was really bad. Joe vs Zayn wasn't too bad. 

Was expecting Undertaker to interrupt Reigns at the end, instead got nothing. 

The main event was really, really bad. It was embarrassing because they were so clearly protecting Goldberg. If he can only do two moves a match he shouldn't be involved. The only good thing they've managed to do is make me want to see Lesnar destroy Goldberg at Wrestlemania. I wasn't expecting a long classic match, but considering the time wasting was longer than the actual match it's just insulting to the viewers, I can only imagine how the fans there felt.

Why tease a Lesnar appearance with Heyman showing up if it was just going to end with Goldberg celebrating. They should have had Lesnar come out and spoil the moment and catch Goldberg off guard, that way you get a little doubt at Wrestlemania that if Goldberg is taken by surprise Lesnar has the advantage.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 06 Mar 2017, 11:05 am

Joe vs Zayn was a fine opener, but just go watch their 2/3 falls match on NXT instead. The end of the tag match was OK but took way too long to get there.

Bayley looks a joke already. She needs a big clean win at Mania and then a program with a heel Sasha to build back up again.

Agreed with Crimey 100% re: Goldberg. If you cant go more than 2 minutes you shouldnt be there. The only good thing is Lesnar destroying him will make Lesnar look a legit beast again, but why waste that on Lesnar? Imagine the rub if someone like Strowman or Joe killed Goldberg at Mania? Just wasting another big rub on a part-timer which only does more harm than good.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 06 Mar 2017, 11:19 am

How does she look a joke if she just broke Charlottes PPV streak?

Also did Rusev pee in Vince's coffee? He deserved a solid mid card feud into WM at the very least for his work over the last year. He's someone that could be massive on the independents tbf

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 06 Mar 2017, 11:28 am

Well done WWE on managing to put together a Mania main event that will probably surpass the level of hatred that the original Lesnar v Goldberg match delivered, you've surpassed yourselves with your own ineptitude.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 06 Mar 2017, 11:32 am

Ché Guerrero wrote:How does she look a joke if she just broke Charlottes PPV streak?

Because twice now she's needed Sasha to beat Charlotte

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 06 Mar 2017, 11:37 am

Ché Guerrero wrote:How does she look a joke if she just broke Charlottes PPV streak?

Also did Rusev pee in Vince's coffee? He deserved a solid mid card feud into WM at the very least for his work over the last year. He's someone that could be massive on the independents tbf

Charlotte was almost entirely on the offense and Bayley won after a Sasha distraction. Again.

Hardly a fitting way to end Charlottes PPV streak. Probably the weakest of their three title matches so far. Wasnt structured well, the story was off and lacked the big fight feel it should have. Charlottes streak ending should have been a big moment but its just a damp squib because of the booking.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 12:33 pm

So they build Strowman as a monster and then have Roman beat him clean? picard

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Mar 2017, 2:08 pm

Hero wrote:Well done WWE on managing to put together a Mania main event that will probably surpass the level of hatred that the original Lesnar v Goldberg match delivered, you've surpassed yourselves with your own ineptitude.

What's really worrying is that the Owens/Goldberg match last night reminded me so much of that WM 20 match. A lot of unnecessary boring build up, just swap out that weird bashing into each other with Owens leaving and entering the ring repeatedly and it's basically the same match. 

I can only hope that they are saving Goldberg's bumps for Wrestlemania and were worried about him getting injured beforehand, but with it likely being his last match will allow him to take bumps at Wrestlemania. It's not looking good though as Lesnar is notoriously stiff and Goldberg looks gassed as soon as he's got to the ring, I'm not sure he'd be fit enough to last longer than even a couple of minutes, especially if he takes bumps as well. 

I assume that his act gets over with kids though but I absolutely hate it. I was never around for Goldberg's WCW run and because of WWE's insistence of stomping over WCW history I've never really been able to appreciate it for what it was, I can only see it through the lens of WWE who have diminished it. Then is 2003 run wasn't interesting at all and he's come in and made every current competitor look a joke, even Lesnar! It's weird that they chose this style of booking now when it's been clear that audiences have been tiring of a similar schtick with Lesnar and at least he's capable of putting on longer and more interesting matches.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 06 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

Dreadful.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm

Right, I'm on record as saying I don't actually mind Goldberg winning the belt, more because it's a means to an end for Lesnar getting the strap, something this title badly needs, however, I really don't think the WWE or anyone else can realistically justify Goldberg only being able to go a minute or so of actual ring action, it's ridiculous and ludicrously insulting to fans and viewers.

I totally got it at Survivor Series, to see Brock humbled was a good thing, it also added realism that these big monsters if they connect right can take anyone out at any given time, but here we are, 4 months on and he doesn't seem to have built up any kind of stamina at all, he looks gassed before the bell, I worry that a 10 minute match could seriously damage his health.

I think the good thing about this will be it'll finally end the calls for Goldberg, ever since he walked in 04 people have wanted him back, they've wanted him in TNA and there's been whispers about MMA as well, this run will put all that too bed, he came back, did what he could and will now go, most fans will be wised up to him now.

He's in tremendous shape physically but you'd think and hope that he'd be working hard on his cardo in the last few months.

This match can't close WrestleMania, it's a bum steer and definitely not the way to go although maybe Vince has promised Lesnar he'll close WrestleMania with the Title, thats not something he's done since he came back but I think regardless of how good or bad the show is, ending on that match will leave a sour taste.

At this moment in time I'd hazard a guess that Reigns/Taker will end the show.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:22 pm

Shows like this are why CM Punk quit.

Side note Raw in Chicago tonight. I'm certain Goldberg will get a nice cheer from those fans...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:58 pm

Marky wrote:
Side note Raw in Chicago tonight.

I wonder how long it will be before the CM Punk chants start

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:03 pm

Less then 3 mins if Stephanie comes out as normal id expect.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:05 pm

I was thinking the same, it'll be interesting to see if HHH comes out he'll get some heat from a Chicago crowd

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:52 pm

What happens if Goldberg runs through Brock again lol....

I cant get behind it at all even knowing Lesnar is likely to win....simply because we all know that Brock will gather steam...run through the roster and then drop it too Reigns! Again no issue with Reigns himsef but once again his booking was terrible...its like they are going out of the way to piss fans off & not just the so called IWC/smarks!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 06 Mar 2017, 7:18 pm

It's RAW, there was no way they were going to go into their first WrestleMania as a single brand without a high profile World Title match and this is probably aa high profile as it gets even though it'a not something most will actually want to watch.

you can kid some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, you cant kid all of the people all of the time, Goldberg cant go past two minutes, it's frightening he is in the position he's in, what's even more frightening is I actually preferred this to the alternative.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 06 Mar 2017, 7:22 pm

Thats the huge issue with the product though...your actually turned off by the alternatives available because the way they are booked....its as if they intentional bury the current talent with their bookings and gimmicks to ensure people want to see the part timers/nostaligic acts. Unless of course your on vinces turn on list in which case your ramned down the universes throat regardless of feelings

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Mar 2017, 7:48 am

I just don't get why you have Braun pinned clean by Roman - have him lose by DQ or something if he's gonna lose - but that's just stopped all his momentum dead. Ridiculous

Bayley/Charlotte - they couldn't have screwed this up more if they tried. Firstly they've given away Bayley winning the title and her journey with barely any build up on a raw - which is like well ok. But then to have Charlotte lose her PPV win streak at Fastlane, and in a non clean finish that doesn't actually help the winner get the rub is BAFFLING.

Everyone has said everything about Goldberg/Owens already.

WHY DID WE GET 20/25 MINUTES WORTH OF RAW MATCHES AND WHY DID JINDER MAHAL WRESTLE A FIVE MINUTE PPV MATCH

Sasha beating Nia is ok - but I am 100% sure it was announced as a submission match and she pinned her.

Zayn/Joe was good, tag match was ok. Neville/Gallagher by far the best match and angle of the night
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Mar 2017, 7:49 am

Oh and just bin off the New Day already
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 9:20 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Bayley/Charlotte - they couldn't have screwed this up more if they tried. Firstly they've given away Bayley winning the title and her journey with barely any build up on a raw - which is like well ok. But then to have Charlotte lose her PPV win streak at Fastlane, and in a non clean finish that doesn't actually help the winner get the rub is BAFFLING.

That's the problem with the brand split and competition, Smackdown have the same problem. You need big matches and moments to stay ahead of the competition and right now Smackdown are doing that better but with rosters so thin it will come to a head soon and they need to add some numbers to both brands

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 07 Mar 2017, 11:58 am

They cannot have WM end on a 5 minute match (giving Goldberg credit for going 5 minutes there). If there's a MITB match, the winner needs to cash it in for that match, whether they have lesnar beat Goldberg clean in a short match and then the cash in of the MITB leads to a 20 minute match I don't know.

Just seems like a crap way to end mania with a short match between a guy who can't go the distance and is the champ against the guy who we, at least at this point, know is going to be around post Mania

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:24 pm

Rumoured they might close with Reigns v Taker instead

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:19 pm

Everyone loved the first Goldberg match on here...

Y'all a bunch of puppets

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:07 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Everyone loved the first Goldberg match on here...

Y'all a bunch of puppets

I loved the shock and surprise and the fact it got the whole world buzzing.

I hate the fact he's had four months since and still isnt match fit, to the point he gasses during his entrance for a promo.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:12 am

Samo wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Everyone loved the first Goldberg match on here...

Y'all a bunch of puppets

I loved the shock and surprise and the fact it got the whole world buzzing.

I hate the fact he's had four months since and still isnt match fit, to the point he gasses during his entrance for a promo.

Yup

Nail.On.Head Sir

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:00 am

Problem is, this is another reason I hated it: seemed obvious to me they'd build on that in this way.

Why I've been moaning about Goldberg. In his day he couldn't go anyway

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 10 Mar 2017, 12:15 pm

He could go longer than 3 minutes though. I dont mind the build because he's been booked stronger than anyone in history at this point, so whoever beats him is automatically a big deal again. Im just annoyed that they could have either A. Been doing this with a full timer or B. Give the rub of beating him to a full timer.

Anyway, it is what it is and we can only hope Brock can carry him to a decent enough match at Mania. And the question going forward is who's going to beat Brock, and how soon after Mania? I doubt they'll have the Universal title a part time attraction again, especially when the US title means dick right now.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 10 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm

Can he really go longer than 3 mins though? I was shocked how out of breath he was on Monday night heading to ring and it seemed to take him a while to catch his breath, maybe the whole getting pumped up before a match thing really isn't a good idea these days and he should learn to be more relaxed going in and save himself for when he needs it

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 10 Mar 2017, 12:32 pm

marty2086 wrote:Can he really go longer than 3 mins though? I was shocked how out of breath he was on Monday night heading to ring and it seemed to take him a while to catch his breath, maybe the whole getting pumped up before a match thing really isn't a good idea these days and he should learn to be more relaxed going in and save himself for when he needs it

I was meaning back in the day he could go longer than 3 minutes.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 10 Mar 2017, 12:37 pm

50 year old Goldberg < 50 Year old Bret after a stroke

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Mar 2017, 1:17 pm

He could barely go in his prime though.

And now, where once we could believe Goldberg just had Lesnar's number, he has beaten a man of now and the future in just 30 seconds.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:20 pm

Samo wrote:He could go longer than 3 minutes though.  I dont mind the build because he's been booked stronger than anyone in history at this point, so whoever beats him is automatically a big deal again.  Im just annoyed that they could have either A.  Been doing this with a full timer or B. Give the rub of beating him to a full timer.

Anyway, it is what it is and we can only hope Brock can carry him to a decent enough match at Mania.  And the question going forward is who's going to beat Brock, and how soon after Mania?  I doubt they'll have the Universal title a part time attraction again, especially when the US title means dick right now.

This isn't serious question is it....we all know who is going over him don't we?! One man...and one man only.

I've not much to say on the Goldberg scenario...except I agree with Dolph...it was a terrible idea from the get go...everyone should have known that little thought was going behind it apart from 'he's a draw for the short term...he can have maximum impact to gloss over the poor ratings/sliding company value (essentially be a shot in the arm for business in the most important 4 months of the year). Outside of that they haven't thought about the logic of the return..the impact on the roster as a whole....I mean I genuinely think they didn't even bother to see whether he could actually go in terms of in the ring...just took him at face value in terms of 'he looks in shape'.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Mar 2017, 4:12 pm

Well, we all thought Reigns would have beaten him by now...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 10 Mar 2017, 6:54 pm

Beaten Brock? They definitely wanted to pull the trigger on that at Mania 31...the year following the streak being broken. Had Vince got his way I think he would have had Reigns go over Brock clean their and then...however even he realised it would have drawn the ire of the fans. No doubt in my mind however that very soon they will have Reigns pick up the win over Brock and unlike then Vince no longer cares whether the crowd like it or not...we've seen that when it comes to his pet project that whether we like it or not Reigns is the babyface of this generation, the face that runs the place and will do for next 10 years. It says everything about his standing when all reports point to him going over Taker clean at Mania and their being no turn in the process. What people got sick of with Cena has happened with Reigns...only years earlier.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Mar 2017, 8:00 pm

But it hasn't happened. And would be fair too...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 11 Mar 2017, 10:53 pm

I think it's grossly unfair to say people are as sick of Reigns.as they were of Cena, Yes they have pushed him down peoples throats at times but he's taken more than his fair share of second prizes, his booking could be better, there's always things I look at and think "it's as if they want him to get booed" but when he does go over Lesnar he'll be deserving of it IMO and will be due a good run as Champ (at least 6 months)

In the meantime I wouldn't mind seeing Brock vs Joe and Brock vs Owens before he and Reigns tear it up.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down