The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury Returns May 13th

+20
rapidringsroad
djlovesyou
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
EX7EY
kingraf
Rodney
Mr Bounce
TopHat24/7
BoxingFan88
mobilemaster8
bhb001
catchweight
Steffan
Jermaine2015
hazharrison
Pedro147
owen10ozzy
Hammersmith harrier
Fernando
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fury Returns May 13th  Empty Fury Returns May 13th

Post by Fernando Mon 06 Mar 2017, 8:55 pm

Opponent to be announced soon apparently and will be on Boxnation.

It's nice to see he's got over his issues.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Fury Returns May 13th  Empty Re: Fury Returns May 13th

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 06 Mar 2017, 9:00 pm

His issues being that he's a kn0b.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 06 Mar 2017, 9:15 pm

Id be very impressed if he actual does box that soon...he has an outstanding disciplinary issue for the use of cocaine...he has a hearing regards two failed drugs tests...he has to be passed medically to ensure he is over his health issues....and too boot...he also is in absolutely no shape to be boxing!! But as has been pointed..training has obviously started..

https://mobile.twitter.com/BigSportGB/status/838837951840804864?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 9:57 pm

He must be about 4 stone overweight and by that I mean his fighting weight which is somewhat out of shape anyway.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 06 Mar 2017, 10:08 pm

He's tweeted that he's coming back but no-one has followed it up. He's still suspended by UKAD.

Hope he falls onto that Leeds bill, though. It would be good to see THE KING come back!!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 10:08 pm

Great to see the real heavyweight champion return

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 10:22 pm

Are we all looking forward to Bellew vs Wilder?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 06 Mar 2017, 10:52 pm

The real heavyweight champion of the world is back

He should beat Bellew and Haye...both in one night

Then travel to the States and beat Wilder

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 06 Mar 2017, 11:53 pm

Good to see him back. Hopefully he can get in shape and hold it together for a few big fights because when he is on his game he is probably the best boxer in the division.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 7:14 am

"It's nice to see he's got over his issues." And we know this because he makes a tweet after a highly publicised fight, so he must be over his issues! Not that he is missing the headlines, wants to be the centre of attention and wouldn't mind a few extra quid. I hope he does come back. I hope he comes back fighting at the same level and ability as before (if not better). Then we might be able to see if he is the real deal or just a very big fluke

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 07 Mar 2017, 9:30 am

catchweight wrote:Good to see him back. Hopefully he can get in shape and hold it together for a few big fights because when he is on his game he is probably the best boxer in the division.

Back on planet earth he's awful and scraped a terrible fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 9:36 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
catchweight wrote:Good to see him back. Hopefully he can get in shape and hold it together for a few big fights because when he is on his game he is probably the best boxer in the division.

Was literally thinking the same Hammer. The guy is awful with a capital A.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 9:43 am

Still find it hilarious that people can't see how good Fury is

But you will

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 07 Mar 2017, 9:48 am

I might need to watch him in slow motion to see what you see BF.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 10:15 am

Watched some highlights of the Klit fight the other day and got to take my hat off to him still. Whilst I don't like him as a person or respect his attitude to the sport, I have never seen someone bamboozle Klitty so badly.

For a sparsely conditioned giant his speed/movement were excellent as was his ability to sustain it for 12.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 07 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Watched some highlights of the Klit fight the other day and got to take my hat off to him still. Whilst I don't like him as a person or respect his attitude to the sport, I have never seen someone bamboozle Klitty so badly.

For a sparsely conditioned giant his speed/movement were excellent as was his ability to sustain it for 12.

I'm on the same page. How many heavyweights even feint these days never mind utilise the movement Fury did? It's a shame his right hand was so poor, or else he'd have had a good shot at KOing him.

I'm adamant Klitschko will look far better against Joshua.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 10:48 am

hazharrison wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Watched some highlights of the Klit fight the other day and got to take my hat off to him still. Whilst I don't like him as a person or respect his attitude to the sport, I have never seen someone bamboozle Klitty so badly.

I'm on the same page. How many heavyweights even feint these days never mind utilise the movement Fury did? It's a shame his right hand was so poor, or else he'd have had a good shot at KOing him.

Me too, sadly.

AJ is much more bread & butter for WK. He's fairly upright, fights in straight lines and doesn't have the finest head movement or noticeable defence.

That said his power is fearsome and apparently you can hear & feel it when he's just landing jabs on gloves/arms. Therefore whilst he won't bamboozle Wlad, he could scare him into his shell. Needs to come on strong, original Tyson style, though. If WK gets a foothold age might not be enough to hold him back.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 07 Mar 2017, 10:53 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Me too, sadly.

AJ is much more bread & butter for WK. He's fairly upright, fights in straight lines and doesn't have the finest head movement or noticeable defence.

That said his power is fearsome and apparently you can hear & feel it when he's just landing jabs on gloves/arms. Therefore whilst he won't bamboozle Wlad, he could scare him into his shell. Needs to come on strong, original Tyson style, though. If WK gets a foothold age might not be enough to hold him back.

Hoping AJ mullers him but if he gets drawn into a boxing match, he might end up having his ears boxed off. The problem with Joshua is he only has one way of fighting. He's been so poorly developed his experience is minimal.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:52 pm

Wlad will be worried about this one. Fearsome power is one thing that he hasn't faced much of. Who out of all Wlad's opponents had genuine one punch power? Very few. He will have to be on his A game to deal with AJ.

He under-estimated Fury and genuinely had no idea what to do with him.
Nice to see TF making a comeback but I hope that he is genuinely better, rather than just craving spotlight time. Wonder who his opponent could be?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:59 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:

Sorry but these comment border idiocy - awful doesn't get you to the top spot in the division unbeaten and dethroning one of the most dominant champions in modern day history. Best laugh is I remember at the time many posters on the old 606 site were portraying Haye's performance against Valuev as some sort of master class - here we have Fury winning far more convincing against a much better champion and gets called awful, sheer idiocy im sorry.

Cheers.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:06 pm

I'm sure i'll live with that Rodney, he's a boxer who can't bloody punch and back hand slaps his jab, that to me is awful, nobody including you rated Wlad in the first place anyway.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:26 pm

Rodney wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:

Sorry but these comment border idiocy - awful doesn't get you to the top spot in the division unbeaten and dethroning one of the most dominant champions in modern day history. Best laugh is I remember at the time many posters on the old 606 site were portraying Haye's performance against Valuev as some sort of master class - here we have Fury winning far more convincing against a much better champion and gets called awful, sheer idiocy im sorry.

Cheers.

Fury's never going to be in danger of becoming the next great heavyweight (post Lennox Lewis) but he was hugely effective against Klitschko. Huge, mobile and completely unpredictable (with guts and bottle in abundance).

I'm always amazed at posters whose opinions are consistently proven to be incorrect happily continuing to state their views with 100% certainty - even after being burned umpteen times. That takes a particular arrogance (or ignorance - or both).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:59 pm

I didn't realise failing a drug test no longer came with the obligatory suspension.
Bad (or sick).
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 07 Mar 2017, 2:04 pm

Rodney is right. Some people come on here spouting rubbish like it's fact. It's amusing to read.

He's not the prettiest boxer on the eye by any stretch but you're on another planet if you think he got lucky against Wlad.

Tell you something, based on what gets said on this forum Fury would get absolutely no credit if he came back and beat AJ. The excuses would roll immediately. 100% gaurantee it.

He's unbeaten including two wins over Chisora and dethroning Wlad in his own backyard, against all odds. But yes, all pure luck.

I can't wait for Aj Klit fight, if Klit does a number on AJ watch the excuses roll. It will turn around from Wlad being gun shy and past it to AJ being an over rated hype job who's fought nobody. And you will all insist the Fury win over Wlad was just an 'off night'.

People need to stop living in a fantasy word of if's, but's and excuses. It's ridiculous.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm

Fury beats a geezer who'd been unbeatable for a decade and it's a fluke? Yet Joshua beat a bin man for one of Fury's belts and he's the next Lewis? Do me a favour. Joshua so desperate to be the man he's fighting Fury's sloppy seconds

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 07 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

The anti-Fury nonsense that is written on here is beyond idiocy

I'd expect on some Youtube or Facebook comment section but this actually used to be a knowledgeable forum

Suggesting that a man who is undefeated and won every heavyweight belt going is awful with a capital A is quite frankly stupid with a capital S

However, I have found that a lot of the same people who dislike Fury are the same people who dislike Amir Khan...so possibly there is a slight undertone to the resentment

Either way...if being a completely crap boxer involves, all those belts, an unbeaten record and millions of pounds then I would imagine most fighers would love to be that rubbish

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:00 pm

I disagree there Steffan, and think the only undertone is that both are buffoons that have said things that make people roll their eyes and wonder wth they're going on about (Fury as well has said some very offensive things so there's that too.)

BUT I do agree that you have to give credit to Fury for beating Wlad, people are just annoyed that they reckoned Wlad would have him done in 3 that the only way to reconcile themselves is to say Wlad wasn't worth it anyway. The same people are the ones that can't stop moaning about Bellew winning on Saturday.

Do I like Fury the person - Nope he's a pudding
Fury the boxer - I would love to have seen how he'd have gotten on in the rematch (bigger win imo) and then seen him at least try and mop up the rest of the division.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:01 pm

I don't give any credit to Racist, Misogynistic Homophobes, Fury is in the same bracket as Kovalev for me.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:04 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I don't give any credit to Racist, Misogynistic Homophobes, Fury is in the same bracket as Kovalev for me.

Yet you express admiration for Mayweather, oh the irony.

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:05 pm

Fury is ignorant and stupid.

But it would be good to have another live body at Heavy...The division needs it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:16 pm

I don't agree with some of the things Fury says. I also don't like the fact he is an England football supporter

But I have know lots of people such as friends and family members who hold views I don't agree with with. That's life and you just have to accept that people have different views to you (unless of course they use their views to commit acts of violence)

Fury has his toolish moments there is no denying that. He can at times be quite funny though and good entertainment. At least he has backed up his words in the ring so far unlike other so called saviours of heavyweight boxing

Personality wise I can see why in a very PC country he upsets people. Boxing wise though anyone who thinks he is rubbish clearly never gonna praise him whatever he achieves

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:01 pm

Rodney wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:I don't give any credit to Racist, Misogynistic Homophobes, Fury is in the same bracket as Kovalev for me.

Yet you express admiration for Mayweather, oh the irony.

And Hopkins!!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

Have no real urge to watch Wlad v Fury again...

But I didn't see a masterclass...Saw two fighters scared of committing.

One did slightly more....Very slightly.

Awful fight....Wouldn't have minded if some judge scored it 119 - 117.

Certainly amusing how a useless clown in many posters eyes on here has turned into Ray Robinson by beating a flat track bully you aren't supposed to hit back.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Tue 07 Mar 2017, 5:56 pm

EX7EY wrote:

He's unbeaten including two wins over Chisora and dethroning Wlad in his own backyard, against all odds. But yes, all pure luck.

Do 'wins over Chisora' count very highly when deciding who's the best current heavyweight?

But I agree, his performance against Wlad was very effective and deserves credit for it.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 07 Mar 2017, 6:01 pm

On planet earth he was the unbeaten british, european and world heavyweight champion who has consistently made a mug of your analysis

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:23 pm

I don't think we are going to see Fury in the ring in the near future if at all.While he did unexpectedly beat Wlad the pressure got to him at the thought of a rematch. After that abysmal showing at the weekend by Haye and Bellew we need a decent opponent for Joshua if he manages to beat Klitschko and I don't think Fury will be up for it.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:32 pm

djlovesyou wrote:
EX7EY wrote:

Do 'wins over Chisora' count very highly when deciding who's the best current heavyweight?

But I agree, his performance against Wlad was very effective and deserves credit for it.

No they don't. The point was chisora is no mug and he's a name your average Joe is going to recognise. And apparently Dillian Whyte is soon to be a contender for a world strap and he struggled badly with the chisora of today. Fury beat a younger hungrier chisora, twice.

I was just trying to point out that it's fair enough to consider the odd win here and there lucky but to just trash an unbeaten, unified heavyweight champion and dismiss it all as a fluke is complete BS.

I'll say again, the most pretty on the eye, technically gifted champion ever Fury is not. But that's one of the great things about boxing, you don't need to be Muhammed Ali or SRL to be a good champ. It's about utilising your skill set, playing to your strengths and having balls the size of grape fruits.

If every boxer was technically amazing it would be boring wouldn't it.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 07 Mar 2017, 11:18 pm

I'd be glad to see him back if his issues are under control. People like to point out crap performances from years back or struggles with blown up cruisers but they're missing a styles and fights thing in my view. He's not a seek and destroy guy so he's unlikely to look his best against a negative fighter or a relatively quick mobile one line Cunningham. Against the bigger guys though, he can use his size and range effectively and out manoeuvre them.

The first two or 3 rounds in chisora 2, he boxed his ears off and then just did what he had to. Chisora's rubbish, finished they all say... but then he gives pulev way more of a fight than he gave fury.

I've defended him in the past as I've found him mostly tongue in cheek, and sometimes entertaining. I struggle to defend the kind of comments he came out with (or got more publicity for) before his 'retirement' whatever the reasons. But as a fighter, under-rated by those who can't see past the persona.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 9:24 am

hazharrison wrote:
Rodney wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:

Cheers.

Fury's never going to be in danger of becoming the next great heavyweight (post Lennox Lewis) but he was hugely effective against Klitschko. Huge, mobile and completely unpredictable (with guts and bottle in abundance).

I'm always amazed at posters whose opinions are consistently proven to be incorrect happily continuing to state their views with 100% certainty - even after being burned umpteen times. That takes a particular arrogance (or ignorance - or both).

Only been burned one time with Fury - and im still adamant its due to Wlad thinking he could walk through him. A second fight would be loads different.

If you struggle with Cunningham, Johnson, McDermott....uppercut yourself.....backhand jabs...one good win and he retired.

The division is poor. But id have AJ, Wlad, Povetkin, Wilder, Parker all beating him

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 9:35 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Rodney wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:

Cheers.

Only been burned one time with Fury - and im still adamant its due to Wlad thinking he could walk through him. A second fight would be loads different.

If you struggle with Cunningham, Johnson, McDermott....uppercut yourself.....backhand jabs...one good win and he retired.

The division is poor. But id have AJ, Wlad, Povetkin, Wilder, Parker all beating him

A second fight with Fury wouldn't be different........Because Wlad has been gunshy since being humiliated by Sanders......However he has always had fighters he can control with minimum risk.......Either stiffs, scared fighters or smaller fighters he can maul (Jab..right..hold before they hit back etc)

When someone is 6ft 9 and decent in a crap age...You have to go into his zone to attack him which means taking a few........Wlad didn't want to commit fully to that scenario..

He was gunshy then he's gunshy now.......His eyes will be wider than Golota's when he saw Lewis in the other corner.... When he fights Josh..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 9:57 am

EX7EY wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:
EX7EY wrote:

No they don't. The point was chisora is no mug and he's a name your average Joe is going to recognise. And apparently Dillian Whyte is soon to be a contender for a world strap and he struggled badly with the chisora of today. Fury beat a younger hungrier chisora, twice.

Hungrier being the operative word!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 10:47 am

"Hughie Fury to face Joseph Parker for WBO heavyweight title in New Zealand in May"

It will be interesting to see whether the Furys can do a "Klitschkos". If Tyson can sort the mental side out, there must be a decent chance. With Tyson, he is big and has such an awkward style, it is difficult to get any rhythm against him when fighting him. I think the Germans called him the Yeti or the Neanderthal. The experienced Wladimir was bamboozled by him. Maybe Joshua will unify all the belts but he seems to have some weaknesses that might be exploitable by others.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 11:16 am

No name Bertie wrote:"Hughie Fury to face Joseph Parker for WBO heavyweight title in New Zealand in May"

Can't see that happening. Expect the fight cancelled and Parker fighting some other 'mandatory' or no hoper.

Fury still wrapped up in all kinds of issues, not least drug/doping related.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 08 Mar 2017, 12:18 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:"Hughie Fury to face Joseph Parker for WBO heavyweight title in New Zealand in May"

Can't see that happening. Expect the fight cancelled and Parker fighting some other 'mandatory' or no hoper.

Hence why the fight is happening over there, the BBBofC have no control outside of the UK.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 12:32 pm

Two Fury Heavy champs side by side..

Who is going to turn the light off and close the door ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 12:36 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Hence why the fight is happening over there, the BBBofC have no control outside of the UK.

No drug testing there either?

Am not just talking about his UK suspension. If there are accusations he's doping, why would Parker fight a juicer?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 08 Mar 2017, 12:40 pm

Parker has signed for the fight aware of the failed test and probably rightly assumes it's an easy night so no point missing out. It happens all the time, a boxer fails a test under one commission to then simply fight under another instead.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Mar 2017, 2:44 pm

I think the lights are off currently with Wilder claiming he's a 'champion'

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 3:04 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I think the lights are off currently with Wilder claiming he's a 'champion'

Interesting statement..

Yet you are happy to refer to Bellew as a Cruiserweight champion.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Mar 2017, 3:48 pm

Not really Truss, not happy to refer to most as champions these days as there's too many belts about. Prefer to look at decent match-ups rather than whats on the line.

(Seriously i think it looks really daft when some up and comer is stood there draped in belts)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next