The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead

+45
des
Anglobraveheart
nickj
demosthenes
LondonTiger
Rugby Fan
Barney McGrew did it
No 7&1/2
Gooseberry
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mikey_dragon
beshocked
aucklandlaurie
Chainsaw Laney
True Raven
munkian
SecretFly
Scottrf
Mad for Chelsea
The Great Aukster
Majestic83
highland_scot
EST
George Carlin
alive555
Cyril
Gwlad
IanBru
jimbopip
Hazel Sapling
GLove39
EWT Spoons
funnyExiledScot
R!skysports
Tattie Scones RRN
bsando
BigGee
Shifty
MacKnocked-on
tigertattie
TheMildlyFranticLlama
TJ
RuggerRadge2611
RDW
49 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead - Page 14 Empty Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead

Post by RDW Mon 20 Mar - 10:02

First topic message reminder :

Results

Scotland 27 - Ireland 22 Yahoo
France 22 - Scotland 16  Crying or Very sad
Scotland 29 - Wales 13  Yahoo
England 61 - Scotland 21  Shocked
Scotland 29 - Italy 0  Yahoo

Some stats:

- First time with 3 wins since 2006
- First opening round win and win over Wales in over a decade
- 14 tries scored - our best ever
- Our highest points tally (in 2014 we scored 45 points  Shocked )
- Up to 5th in the World Rankings

Verdict

Bar Twickenham this was a fantastic 6N where we won our games playing great rugby.  It was a huge monkey off our back to beat Wales and the Ireland game was a huge result for us.  The Twickenham game was a complete embarrassment but I'd like to think that was a freak result for this team as opposed to a sign that our wins over Wales and Ireland were 'lucky'.  It should keep the players grounded going forward, which is no bad thing.

All in all I'll give our 6N a 8/10

Lions hopefuls?

Pr - can't see any travelling
H Fraser Brown stands an outside chance, and could be injury cover
L - Jonny or Richie Gray stand a chance in the most competitive position
BR - I don't see any of our backrows going
SH - Laidlaw is down the list in terms of ability at 9 but may be picked as a good tourist/leader for the squad
FH - Finn Russell certainly divides opinion but personally I don't think he will travel
C - Dunbar and Jones are outside bets in what isn't actually a great position of depth for the Lions, but again may find themselves as injury cover
FR - Hogg is a near certainty and I can see another winger getting picked, probably Seymour

My prediction:

J Gray, Hogg, Seymour in the squad, Brown, Laidlaw and Jones as first choice injury cover.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead - Page 14 Empty Re: Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead

Post by tigertattie Tue 13 Jun - 16:39

many of these welsh players are wearing fake tan!

should be stamped out of the game in my opinion!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead - Page 14 Empty Re: Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead

Post by tigertattie Tue 13 Jun - 16:40

surely now!

must be able to hold out
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 13 Jun - 16:41

Fortunately the Welsh then lash up there scrum and we clear right down the pitch. Our line out on their 22 less than a min to go

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 16:41

Dammit was called away from my desk and missed all the drama!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 16:42

Huge win!!!

Our under 20s are better than both Ireland and Wales - amazing achivement.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Tue 13 Jun - 16:43

We did it! Well done boys

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 13 Jun - 16:43

Lineout penalty. This must be it

Eastgate taps to kick out but knocks on, fortunately time already dead and we win!

Great effort from the kids, the future is bright. Our best ever finish and we play Oz for 5th place

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 13 Jun - 16:43

Slightly farcical end there. Why not just take the shot at goal and make sure you kick it hard enough for it to go dead? Still, a well deserved win in the end. The composure to go through so many phases for that final try was excellent, as was Graham's finish.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 16:44

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Slightly farcical end there. Why not just take the shot at goal and make sure you kick it hard enough for it to go dead? Still, a well deserved win in the end. The composure to go through so many phases for that final try was excellent, as was Graham's finish.

Could hit the post!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 13 Jun - 16:44

wells thats cheered me up for the day Smile
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 13 Jun - 16:48

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:Slightly farcical end there. Why not just take the shot at goal and make sure you kick it hard enough for it to go dead? Still, a well deserved win in the end. The composure to go through so many phases for that final try was excellent, as was Graham's finish.

Could hit the post!

If you can run the clock out while taking the kick then penalty every time. Just boot it hard and high and make sure it goes out.

Kick to the corner is another option but you could kick the ball dead and turn it over or mess up the lineout.

Or you can do as they did, tap and just hold onto it. Luckily time went dead quickly and the knock on didn't give Wales an opportunity!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 16:49

tigertattie wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Could hit the post!

If you can run the clock out while taking the kick then penalty every time. Just boot it hard and high and make sure it goes out.

Kick to the corner is another option but you could kick the ball dead and turn it over or mess up the lineout.

Or you can do as they did, tap and just hold onto it. Luckily time went dead quickly and the knock on didn't give Wales an opportunity!

You do have to make a reasonable attempt at the penalty or you give away a penalty.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 13 Jun - 16:51

I think the ref was indicating that he had said he wasn't opting for the posts so he couldn't change his mind. The tap and then kick to touch would have been the right thing to do IF he had held onto the ball. But, nevermind, they all played well; there are a few good prospects there.

So, next up Oz. Very Happy

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 13 Jun - 16:52

Darcy Graham and CHH the two standouts for me.

DG has the potential to be something really special. A bit like Shane Williams he seems to use his size to his advantage and is an absolute nightmare to put on the deck. It also helps that he seems completely fearless and just runs at full pace into any attempted tackle. It will be very interesting to see how he develops.

CHH did not miss a lineout all day, as well as pinching more than a few of the Welsh. Probably the coaching of John Dalziel has been a real factor in this as well, the forwards look so well drilled and technically good. Not something you can always say about Scottish teams especially at this level.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 13 Jun - 16:58

Probably worth a mention about the conditioning of these kids as well. Unlike most teams, JD has not really rotated that much and they have played 4 times in two weeks now in very hot conditions.

We have got our results because of this, we clearly are still lacking some squad depth compared to other nations, but the ones that have played, boy do they have good engines. Again the academy structure and being attached to their various pro teams has helped this massively. We would never have done this a few years back. Even last year, with another decent team, we ran out of gas badly in the last couple of games once we lost a few players to injuries.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 13 Jun - 17:00

jimbopip wrote:

I think the ref was indicating that he had said he wasn't opting for the posts so he couldn't change his mind. The tap and then kick to touch would have been the right thing to do IF he had held onto the ball. But, nevermind, they all played well; there are a few good prospects there.

So, next up Oz. Very Happy

Ah that might make sense. Tap and kick to touch the right call in that case, since had he just kicked to touch the line-out would have been played.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 17:00

5th/6th playoff game is Sunday at 10am v Australia - good that the get a decent break before the final game.

The in-laws are coming down to London that day so alas I won't be able to watch it!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 13 Jun - 17:03

RDW_Scotland wrote:5th/6th playoff game is Sunday at 10am v Australia - good that the get a decent break before the final game.

The in-laws are coming down to London that day so alas I won't be able to watch it!

Don't they like rugby?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 17:09

BigGee wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:5th/6th playoff game is Sunday at 10am v Australia - good that the get a decent break before the final game.

Don't they like rugby?

The wife does, her parents aren't interested in sport of any kind.

We did take them to the 1872 game on boxing day but that made them dislike sport even more! Although Edinburgh games tend to have that effect on people...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 13 Jun - 17:13

RDW_Scotland wrote:
BigGee wrote:

Don't they like rugby?

We did take them to the 1872 game on boxing day but that made them dislike sport life even more! Although Edinburgh games tend to have that effect on people...

so true.  If you could setup some kind of prozac stall at Edinburgh games you would make a fortune.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 13 Jun - 17:18

BigGee wrote:

Don't they like rugby?

No, they're Luvvies' fans. kiss

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 13 Jun - 17:20

Hola, amogos. But be Canadian.

Or

VPN Hola. Set your location to Canada and the World Rugby Geo-restriction won't apply.

FES, have I broken any laws? Send your bill to RuggerRadge.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 13 Jun - 17:21

Amazing achievement from our under 20s the future looks very bright indeed!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 17:21

jimbopip wrote:Hola, amogos. But be Canadian.

Or

VPN Hola. Set your location to Canada and the World Rugby Geo-restriction won't apply.

How come you know how to do this but struggle with a simple quote function...? Laugh

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 13 Jun - 17:22

jimbopip wrote:Hola, amogos. But be Canadian.

Or

Thanks Jimbo, luckily my gang robbed the post office last night so that should cover the bill.

"My factor will call upon his Grace's factor"
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 13 Jun - 17:26

RDW_Scotland wrote:
BigGee wrote:

Don't they like rugby?

We did take them to the 1872 game on boxing day but that made them dislike sport even more! Although Edinburgh games tend to have that effect on people...

Boat trip down the Thames it is then!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 13 Jun - 17:42

Radge, actual money in Post Offices? Gangs stealing physical money? Factors? Shocked
You are not 32. No way.

Either you're older than me or you have just spent all afternoon watching a boxed set of The Sweeney. You slaaag.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 13 Jun - 17:45

Hahahahaha well since admin boy, Glove (when we are good enough for him) and Ian Bru have contact with me on various forms of soshal medja, they can confirm my age.

Also Lord FES and I have shared beers and even attended a match together so he can further verify my age.... Slaaaaaag Hug
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 17:47

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Hahahahaha well since admin boy, Glove (when we are good enough for him) and Ian Bru have contact with me on various forms of soshal medja, they can confirm my age.

Also Lord FES and I have shared beers and even attended a match together so he can further verify my age.... Slaaaaaag Hug

Laugh

He certainly seems to have abandoned this place now he's a big shot with over 1000 followers!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 13 Jun - 18:02

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Hahahahaha well since admin boy, Glove (when we are good enough for him) and Ian Bru have contact with me on various forms of soshal medja, they can confirm my age.

Shared beers with FES. A likely story. One: he's a lawyer so wouldn't share sunlight with you. Two: beer? Fes?

Porkies. You're nicked my saahn.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 13 Jun - 19:55

This is the worst name drop ever
Wink Whistle

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue 13 Jun - 20:29

RDW_Scotland wrote:

Laugh

He certainly seems to have abandoned this place now he's a big shot with over 1000 followers!

Hug

(My agent said it was about time I visited here again)

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 20:33

Who is this Glove guy? Never heard of him... thumbsdown

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue 13 Jun - 20:55

That kid who's always shamelessly promoting his work all over the place. You know, the ginger one who can't afford a razor...

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 21:00

Ah yes - Lego man!

Welcome back Glove - what's your chat? How are the 3rd degree burns?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 13 Jun - 21:06

GLove39 wrote:That kid who's always shamelessfully promotingdisowning his work all over the place. You know, the ginger one who can't afford another razor fight conviction...

Whistle fixed that for you Whistle

Anyhoo, two points to note;
I have been messaging with Big Neil the Pukekohe punter to get the locals view of the Lions fiasco tour, and he commented about the upcoming fixture, "You'll do better against the natives" Shocked The natives!!!

also, I've just seen Montpellier's three signings for next season: Aaron Crudden, Ruan Piennaar and Louis Picamoles. Shocked Shocked Shocked So Glasgow, Execeterrr and Ladyboys playing for the runners up slot.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 13 Jun - 21:47

Highlights from earlier - some great tries

https://twitter.com/WorldRugby/status/874722451447566338

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 13 Jun - 21:54

So encouraging to see the team playing so flat. Real real cutting edge. That D'Arcy Graham is just phenomenal.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 13 Jun - 21:54

Oh and Hi Glove....
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue 13 Jun - 23:18

RDW_Scotland wrote:Ah yes - Lego man!

Welcome back Glove - what's your chat? How are the 3rd degree burns?

Ha! Funny you should mention that, minus one brief relapse, been clear of the bricks since 2015.

Now don't suppose any of you apart from FES watched the Boat Race, but you'd have seen my handiwork in the opening titles.
That's probably my most notable news. That and I've started noticing an alarming trend when watching games, more & more players are now younger than me. Guessing this only gets worse!?!?

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 14 Jun - 8:07

GLove39 wrote:That kid who's always shamelessly promoting his work all over the place. You know, the ginger one who can't afford a razor...
Welcome back. I expect by now that you can tie that ginger gnome beard around your waist or use it to clean the family jewels?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 14 Jun - 9:23

The non-tackling Ginger machine's next project has to be a lego version of a mash-up between gogglebox and still game where one scene is FES and Admin boy sitting in FES towers watching the 1872 game and GC, Jimbo, IanBru and a special guest appearance by Schitz sitting in a Glasgow cooncil flat watching from their perspective!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 14 Jun - 9:29

tigertattie wrote:The non-tackling Ginger machine's next project has to be a lego version of a mash-up between gogglebox and still game where one scene is FES and Admin boy sitting in FES towers watching the 1872 game and GC, Jimbo, IanBru and a special guest appearance by Schitz sitting in a Glasgow cooncil flat watching from their perspective!
Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead - Page 14 Neds%5B1%5D.0

?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 14 Jun - 9:33

tigertattie wrote:The non-tackling Ginger machine's next project has to be a lego version of a mash-up between gogglebox and still game where one scene is FES and Admin boy sitting in FES towers watching the 1872 game and GC, Jimbo, IanBru and a special guest appearance by Schitz sitting in a Glasgow cooncil flat watching from their perspective!
Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead - Page 14 Posh_p10

Clearly, FES on the left.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 14 Jun - 9:35

Scotland 2017 6N debrief and Lions/Summer Tour lookahead - Page 14 Poor_p10

Only enough room to show Jim in this picture. We're all behind him taking turns to warm our hands on the candle.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 14 Jun - 16:59

He needs to make it happen!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 14 Jun - 17:01

George Carlin wrote:

Only enough room to show Jim in this picture. We're all behind him taking turns to warm our hands on the candle.

That can't be you lot - the guy is eating Heinz beans not Asda value!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 14 Jun - 17:10

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

That can't be you lot - the guy is eating Heinz beans not Asda Lidl value!

fixed that for you sir. No charge
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 14 Jun - 17:17

tigertattie wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

That can't be you lot - the guy is eating Heinz beans not Asda Lidl value!

fixed that for you sir. No charge

It is quite trendy to shop in Lidle and Aldi these days. Asda was and always will be for the weegies and those that don't live in Stockbridge.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 14 Jun - 22:19

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

That can't be you lot - the guy is eating Heinz beans not Asda value!

The posh beans and the colour telly, imagine a colour telly, came from some posh geezer's gaff in Luvvietoon . Apparently he was out robbing a Post Office when we called.

P.s. can one of you technologically advanced types please as please post two images; Sideshow Bob from The Simpson's (a popular satirical animated entertainment show) and Duncan Taylor from the Italy game. You'll understand why we never see them in the same room. Unless you've got two tellies , I suppose.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14