The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How deluded is Bellew the 'HW'

+11
milkyboy
TRUSSMAN66
Herman Jaeger
Baby faced assassin
melv500
TopHat24/7
hazharrison
AdamT
Mr H
smashingstormcrow
paperbag_puncher
15 posters

Go down

How deluded is Bellew the 'HW' Empty How deluded is Bellew the 'HW'

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 03 May 2017, 2:49 pm

Bit embarrassed by some of the stuff coming out of Bellew's mouth lately. During the AJ vs Wlad fight he said something cringey to Wilder like 'I just beat the bogey man of the HW division. What does that make me?'

For me it makes him a small HW with average skills and no power who would be a lamb to the slaughter vs any decent HW. Let's call a spade a spade the bogey man he beat was a man who had fought 2 bin men after several years out. I personally gave him no chance so fair play he won but he struggled to get a one legged man out of there looking unimpressive in the process. Maybe he is just trying to keep his name in limelight but I give him no hope vs any decent HW and for his own health he should avoid the likes of Wilder etc. Think he said he wouldn't fight AJ which is a wise move?

Anyone actually think he has any intention of fighting a top HW and if so does he have any hope? What's his best route into the title mix? Does it annoy people if he is giving it all 'that' from the safety of his mic if he has no intention of fighting any of them? Would he even beat the likes of Chisora or Whyte?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

How deluded is Bellew the 'HW' Empty Re: How deluded is Bellew the 'HW'

Post by smashingstormcrow Wed 03 May 2017, 3:32 pm

He obviously knows he's not a fully fledged Heavy, but the money to be made at HW is obviously a lot better than CW... especially now there's a bit of a buzz around the HW division for the first time in ages.

I imagine he'll be looking for an easy opponent later this year, then cashing out with a Haye rematch in 2018.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 03 May 2017, 4:45 pm

Haye isn't a true heavyweight himself. It was a fight between 2 big cruiserweights and Bellew struggled to get Haye out of there so I can't see that he'd have the power to hurt a fully fledged heavy. I'd back both Chisora and Whyte to comfortably beat Bellew tbh. Can't blame him for championing himself and cashing in though, he's got to feed his kids at the end of the day.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 May 2017, 5:53 pm

Yeah he's full of it.

Wilder would kill him.

Hate hadn't fought anybody good in years and was injured.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 03 May 2017, 6:21 pm

He'd have a chance against Wilder, who is dreadful technically. They're both banging the drum as there's money to be made.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 May 2017, 7:05 pm

I don't think he would.

Wilder is a big fast, athletic, technically p1sh heavy. One fight against a pumped up Haye isn't enough.

I actually think Fury will fight bellew (if he comes/allowed back.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Thu 04 May 2017, 9:59 am

Mr H wrote:Haye isn't a true heavyweight himself. It was a fight between 2 big cruiserweights and Bellew struggled to get Haye out of there so I can't see that he'd have the power to hurt a fully fledged heavy. I'd back both Chisora and Whyte to comfortably beat Bellew tbh. Can't blame him for championing himself and cashing in though, he's got to feed his kids at the end of the day.

At least Haye was a "proper" cruiser, who carried his power up to heavyweight well, and dealt with gatekeeper fighters and fringe contenders relatively easily. Bellew was a light heavy who moved up when his luck ran out, and obviously carried a few extra pounds even at Cruiserweight.

Agreed, I can't see Bellew getting past guys like Chisora and Whyte, and if a Haye rematch materialises, I'd expect Haye to KO him if his body holds up.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 04 May 2017, 10:04 am

Personally I quite liked Bellews Twitter comeback to Wilder, pointing out that he's 1-0 at HW and still has a better record than Wilder's 38-0......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 04 May 2017, 12:57 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Personally I quite liked Bellews Twitter comeback to Wilder, pointing out that he's 1-0 at HW and still has a better record than Wilder's 38-0......

Quite like that one myself.

Fair play if he ends up fighting him but cant see it. Give him no chance if they do. Wilder may be reckless and look amateurish at times but cant see Bellew hurting him and 12 rounds is a long time to not get hit. Cant see him standing up to Wilder's power. If the fight was signed and Bellew was having the banter I'd lap it up but as it stands think he has no intention of fighting him and is talking sh1t€.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Thu 04 May 2017, 1:19 pm

Watched the Haye fight back and no way was Haye fit. His footwork was atrocious and to snap your Achilles just stepping back is highly unusual. My guess it was already injured hence his trip to Germany but he took the fight because he thought he'd beat Bellew anyway and also he can't pull out of more fights as his reputation would be in pieces.

Bellew struggled to even hurt Haye who is known as a bit chinny. If Haye was fit it's the blowout we all predicted. I'm not trying to say Haye is great here but point out Bellew just isn't a HW and should steer clear of the division. If I was him take a rematch with Haye which will No doubt he on PPV and retire.

Can't believe anyone takes what he says seriously. Also have we just realised Bellew is deluded? In other news fish live in water.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Thu 04 May 2017, 1:24 pm

Bellew has a right to be cocky....... he beat someone who hadn't lost to anyone except the #1 guy i hos prime and who everyone thought would beat the hell out of him

Yes haye was rubbish but hindsight a wonderful thing

It was a hugeeee fight and a huge win....he knows that he holds a lot more pull than a lot of the heavyweights

I think he loses to pretty much all of the top 10 at HW but he is probably the third (maybe evem 2nd) biggest draw in the division
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 04 May 2017, 2:26 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Personally I quite liked Bellews Twitter comeback to Wilder, pointing out that he's 1-0 at HW and still has a better record than Wilder's 38-0......

Quite like that one myself.

Fair play if he ends up fighting him but cant see it. Give him no chance if they do. Wilder may be reckless and look amateurish at times but cant see Bellew hurting him and 12 rounds is a long time to not get hit. Cant see him standing up to Wilder's power. If the fight was signed and Bellew was having the banter I'd lap it up but as it stands think he has no intention of fighting him and is talking sh1t€.

He lasted 6 with Superduck who is vastly superior technically. Wild by name wild by nature, some of his 'finishes' are almost embarassing to watch.

Not confident, but Bellew could box him and win a decision IMO.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 May 2017, 12:57 am

I think that Joe Bugner could be coaxed out of retirement -otherwise he could not beat any other living heavy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 May 2017, 1:01 am

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if that fight was made in today's "super-big" 'sack of cack promotions' climate. Guess we have modern fighters like Haye and Khan,emperors with no clothes,turning it into pantomime ,to thank

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 06 May 2017, 10:12 am

Want to see him fight Breidis at cruiserweight or Anthony Joshua

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 06 May 2017, 11:06 am

Don't think Bellew has any chance against Wilder....Think Whyte stops him early too and Chisora. He isn’t a Heavyweight and the fact he was decked and wobbled in his last two fights at cruiser against stiffs don't bode well... Haye certainly didn't look a 100 percent to me..before he did his leg. But Bellew won and that is all that matters.

I do think this article is harsh...Showed a lot of bollox taking the Haye fight and showed plenty in the ring...If he wants to mouth off good luck to him...

He has earned the right....I respect him just think he belongs at cruiser.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 06 May 2017, 1:12 pm

Complaining about bellew mouthing off is like complaining that night follows day

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 06 May 2017, 7:41 pm

Anyone not fancy Tony's chances with Parker after seeing today's fight? Awful.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 06 May 2017, 10:20 pm

Never rated Parker at all

But he has fast hands and can punch

Would give Bellew a shot of beating him, when Parker is on the backfoot he has horrible defence under pressure

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sun 07 May 2017, 5:46 am

Bellew is a bum and no chance against any heavyweight that doesn't tear their Achilles. Fluked a win against Haye. Paper champion at cruiserweight. Non talent.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Basset Sun 07 May 2017, 9:31 am

I feel an Eddie Hearn grudge match coming on!

Basset

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sun 07 May 2017, 9:43 am

Bellew hates Parker and always has. Parker actually stole food of his kids plate.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 07 May 2017, 11:10 am

Let's be honest here: Bellew has no chance against the likes of Joshua, Klitschko or Fury (if he ever comes back in half-decent shape). He must have every chance against someone like Parker (or Hughie Fury should he escape this UKAD charge and defeat Parker). I'd also give him an outside shot against Wilder (he's a better technical boxer than Wilder, who has looked woeful at times in his BMX/UNICEF/STD title tenure).

Is Bellew a world class heavyweight? No, but few are these days. You have AJ and Wlad and the rest are pretty average.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 May 2017, 11:00 am

Parker utter dross.

Would definitely give Bellew a chance against that heap of poopie. Low guard so can be tagged all night long (Bellew's power is pretty average and Parker's chin is good so no chance of a KO though). Paker plods around a bit too, Bellew has better technique and movement than that.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 08 May 2017, 11:28 am

It's where the money is, I know it drives us up the wall but he's not daft and he does have some boxing ability, no chance with a big puncher as feel they would just be waiting for that one opening to KO him (bit like Khan/Canelo). can't see him having the Haye rematch as surely he knows he was lucky (although he still deserves more credit than he gets)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down