The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilder vs Klitschko then AJ vs WK 2?

+7
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
TopHat24/7
Hammersmith harrier
EX7EY
Valero's Conscience
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wilder vs Klitschko then AJ vs WK 2? - Page 2 Empty Wilder vs Klitschko then AJ vs WK 2?

Post by Valero's Conscience Sat 13 May 2017, 6:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

WBC have ranked Wlad at No.2 in their rankings.

I last heard the WBC ordered Wilder to face Stiverne again but if this falls through i could see Wilder fighting Wlad in the US.

Wlad has shot up in people's respect and profile and could imagine this happening later this year whilst AJ has a safe fight (or perhaps Parker fight, which is safe IMO) with an AJ vs Wilder/Wlad winner showdown next year?

Possibly wishful thinking but this would keep interest at a recent all time high in the HW division and the person on top at the end of next being the undisputed king pin and securing a HoF place.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Wilder vs Klitschko then AJ vs WK 2? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilder vs Klitschko then AJ vs WK 2?

Post by AdamT Wed 17 May 2017, 3:30 pm

Huge favourite.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Wilder vs Klitschko then AJ vs WK 2? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilder vs Klitschko then AJ vs WK 2?

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 17 May 2017, 3:33 pm

Wlad has a reasonable case though for thinking he can reverse the loss

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 May 2017, 3:47 pm

Yeah of course he does. But A 19-20 fight novice can only improve. Can Wlad??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Wed 17 May 2017, 3:52 pm

I've made no secret on why I dislike AJ but I can only make WK a live underdog at best now. It was one hell of a fight but I think Wlad missed his chance. He got dropped 3 times and got caught with some bombs. Psychologically AJ has the edge now and for me AJ in 6 at most.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 May 2017, 3:56 pm

melv500 wrote:I've made no secret on why I dislike AJ but I can only make WK a live  underdog at best now. It was one hell of a fight but I think Wlad missed his chance. He got dropped 3 times and got caught with some bombs. Psychologically AJ has the edge now and for me AJ in 6 at most.

I see it the same, but I do like AJ.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 17 May 2017, 5:44 pm

I think the main point people are missing is that Wlad is an intelligent cookie. He has a young family and has ruled the division for the best part of a decade with nobody really troubling him in that time other than his last 2 fights. He knows it's a young man's game and AJ is only going to improve.

I think he'll have a sit down with Hayden and decide between them that getting punched in the face for a living is not what it once was. Heavyweight punches hurt - a lot I'd imagine, and could be very dangerous. His skills WILL be declining.

He knows that pride comes before a fall and it must have taken a superhuman effort for him to perform the way he did. I believe he will realise that he now doesn't have enough left in the tank for one more push. He will walk away with all his faculties intact, an enormous bank account balance and can hold his head high. Nothing left for him to prove.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Thu 18 May 2017, 8:14 am

Sounds like you know him Bounce? Wink

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 18 May 2017, 10:44 am

Wlad has nothing to prove correct on that but he may just feel he still has something to prove to himself

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Thu 18 May 2017, 11:58 am

AdamT wrote:I'm afraid I am with Truss. He is in his 40's and I think he performed to the best of his ability. He had Aj in trouble, but he reverted back to cautious Wlad.

Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield etc, would of smelt blood and finished AJ off after that heavy knock down.

Tyson and Holyfield would have, but I question whether Lewis would have. He failed to finish off Holyfield when it looked like he was one punch away from doing so in there first fight, and he let Tyson last a good few rounds longer than he should have. Lewis was a naturally cautious fighter, esp. when he respected his opponents power.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 18 May 2017, 12:08 pm

horizontalhero wrote:
AdamT wrote:I'm afraid I am with Truss. He is in his 40's and I think he performed to the best of his ability. He had Aj in trouble, but he reverted back to cautious Wlad.

Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield etc, would of smelt blood and finished AJ off after that heavy knock down.

Tyson and Holyfield would have, but I question whether Lewis would have. He failed to finish off Holyfield when it looked like he was one punch away from doing so in there first fight, and he let Tyson last a good few rounds longer than he should have. Lewis was a naturally cautious fighter, esp. when he respected his opponents power.
He did break his hand against Tyson which took a few rounds to adjust to, there was also the feeling he wanted to prolong the beating because of the pre-fight nonsense. Against bigger guys with a punch he tended to finish the fight as early as possible; Grant, Briggs, Ruddock, Mason and Golota spring to mind whereas he struggled against the smaller guys; Holyfield, Mavrovic and Tua all lasting the distance.

This isn't a slight on AJ who I think could dominate for years but at his best Lewis takes him out within 5 rounds, his uppercut landed frequently against the big men.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2