The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations Rafa

3 posters

Go down

Congratulations Rafa Empty Congratulations Rafa

Post by hawkeye Tue 12 Sep 2017, 8:56 am

A 3rd US Open Title, a 10th French Open Title and a return to the number 1 position. Appears to have regained his confidence and if he can play healthy in 2018 will have an excellent chance to add to his 16 slam titles  Bubbly  Cool

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Rafa Empty Re: Congratulations Rafa

Post by naxroy Tue 12 Sep 2017, 9:32 am

thats my wish, but the pattern is not that optimistic I would say

just have a look at what happened after 2008, 2010 and 2013 (the previous multislam years)

well, to be fair, 2011 wasnt bad at all, but nole hurt him bad.

anyway, the pesimistic way to look at it is that nadal has won 2 slams in 3 years, not good enough rate as he is 31 already

I do believe he has at least one more RG in him, and if he keeps this form, maybe another hardcourt slam

and my preferred one would be australia so that he would have at least 2 of each

dreaming is cheap

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Tue 12 Sep 2017, 1:47 pm

I think that as long as Rafa is even reasonably fit he's going to be favourite for RG. He's taken far less out of himself this year. There have been none of those gruelling encounters with Djoko that drained Rafa around 2011/12. Didn't they battle for nearly SIX HOURS at Melbourne one time?
   Much will depend on how well the likes of Djoko, Stan and Murray recover next year.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down