The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February

+77
David-Douglas
Poorfour
trebellbobaggins
stub
Heaf
WELL-PAST-IT
whocares
majesticimperialman
Rugby Fan
greenandpleasantland
Duty281
Shifty
21st Century Schizoid Man
overlordofthewest
RossAnderson
funnyExiledScot
Steffan
Geordie
nickj
beshocked
GLove39
lostinwales
TrailApe
EST
mid_gen
Tramptastic
Noble-Surfer
BlueNote
BamBam
cakeordeath
Eejit
Gwlad
alive555
chris_501
reallybored
ChequeredJersey
Tattie Scones RRN
TheMildlyFranticLlama
sensisball
Cardiff Dave
No9
No 7&1/2
RiscaGame
RuggerRadge2611
emack2
NeilyBroon
mikey_dragon
Cyril
BigGee
jimbopip
bsando
highland_scot
Luckless Pedestrian
IanBru
tigertattie
Sgt_Pooly
yappysnap
carpet baboon
maestegmafia
Hazel Sapling
LordDowlais
monty junior
Mad for Chelsea
TightHEAD
R!skysports
RDW
des
munkian
compelling and rich
EWT Spoons
cascough
SecretFly
eirebilly
LondonTiger
TJ
Scottrf
George Carlin
81 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 15 Empty 6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February

Post by George Carlin Tue 23 Jan 2018, 9:23 am

First topic message reminder :

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 15 Wales_106N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 15 Scot_f10

WALES v SCOTLAND
3 February 2018
KO: 14:15 GMT
Principality Stadium, Cardiff

Live on [ITV, RTE, SC4, FR2, DMAX / BBC (H)]

Referee: Pascal Gaüzère (France)
Assistant 1: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant 2: Matthew Carley (England)
TMO: David Grashoff (England)

A. Head to Head

122 Played 122
70 Won 49
3 Drawn 3
49 Lost 70
1,624 Points 1,263

B. Recent Form

9 March 2013
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
18–28 to Wales

15 March 2014
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
51–3 to Wales

15 February 2015
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
23–26 to Wales

13 February 2016
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
27–23 to Wales

25 February 2017
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
29–13 to Scotland

C. Teams

WALES 
6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 15 Welsh_10
Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets); Josh Adams (Worcester), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Steff Evans (Scarlets); Rhys Patchell (Scarlets), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Cory Hill (Dragons), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, capt), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester).

Replacements: Elliot Dee (Dragons), Wyn Jones (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Bradley Davies (Ospreys), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Aled Davies (Scarlets), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Owen Watkin (Ospreys).

SCOTLAND
6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 15 Scotty10
Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors); Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors), Chris Harris (Newcastle Falcons), Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors), Byron McGuigan (Sale Sharks); Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors), Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors); Gordon Reid (London Irish), Stuart McInally (Edinburgh), Jon Welsh (Newcastle Falcons), Ben Toolis (Edinburgh), Jonny Gray, John Barclay (Scarlets, captain), Hamish Watson (Edinburgh), Cornell du Preez (Edinburgh).

Replacements: Scott Lawson (Newcastle Falcons), Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors), Murray McCallum (Edinburgh), Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh), Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors), Greig Laidlaw (Clermont Auvergne), Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Maitland (Saracens).

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 5:43 am; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 15 Empty Re: 6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February

Post by Scottrf Fri 02 Feb 2018, 11:52 am

Wales isn't a country either though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February - Page 15 Empty Re: 6N 2018: Wales v Scotland, 3 February

Post by Tramptastic Fri 02 Feb 2018, 11:53 am

The Oracle wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra, Asturias, Wales

what do they have in common?

I know I'm in danger of biting here which might be the whole point...... but............... Wales in't a principality.  

OK, you got me!

It's so difficult not to bite isn't it?

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 11:55 am

Scottrf wrote:Wales isn't a country either though.

What has that got to do with it being called, incorrectly, a Principality?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 11:56 am

Tramptastic wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

I know I'm in danger of biting here which might be the whole point...... but............... Wales in't a principality.  

OK, you got me!

I know! The thing is, it hasn't been a principality since the last time Scotland won away in the 6 nations - 1536.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 11:57 am

The Oracle wrote:

Actually, is England a country either? Or Scotland? Or NI? Surely the UK is the country???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:03 pm

The Oracle wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

Actually, is England a country either?  Or Scotland?  Or NI?  Surely the UK is the country???

Technically it's a union made up of multiple countries

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:06 pm

The Oracle wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

OK, you got me!

I know!  The thing is, it hasn't been a principality since the last time Scotland won away in the 6 nations - 1536.

BBC bias means the highlights from that day are never shown during the six nations. It's their anti-SNP agenda.

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:08 pm

Tramptastic wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

OK, you got me!

I know!  The thing is, it hasn't been a principality since the last time Scotland won away in the 6 nations - 1536.

BBC bias means the highlights from that day are never shown during the six nations. It's their anti-SNP agenda.

I've got a copy on ancient scroll that you can borrow if you like? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:14 pm

The Oracle wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

OK, you got me!

I've got a copy on ancient scroll that you can borrow if you like?  Wink

Nah that's ok, i'm spending the rest of the day screaming at tories that appear on the tv, that should get me psyched up for tomorrow

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:16 pm

Tramptastic wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

OK, you got me!

I've got a copy on ancient scroll that you can borrow if you like?  Wink

Nah that's ok, i'm spending the rest of the day screaming at tories that appear on the tv, that should get me psyched up for tomorrow

Very Happy thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:31 pm

well the answer is that each of the above have at least two vowels in their names but..................................

Wales is however a principality. Scotland, England and even N.I. are countries Hug

England & Wales are Britain
England, Wales & Scotland are Great Britain (yes, Scotland puts the great into Great Britain)
England, Wales, Scotland and N.I. are the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Ireland is over to the left and half shows on weather maps when Carol Kirkwood is doing her bit!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:49 pm

Yaaaawwwwnnnnnn.......... as I slide this memo across the table to you whilst looking out if the window of the meeting room and looking directly away from you. Very Happy

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wales+no+longer+a+principality&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB751GB751&oq=wales+no+longer+a+p&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57.8143j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 02 Feb 2018, 12:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Yaaaawwwwnnnnnn.......... as I slide this memo across the table to you whilst looking out if the window of the meeting room and looking directly away from you. Very Happy

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wales+no+longer+a+principality&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB751GB751&oq=wales+no+longer+a+p&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57.8143j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I dunno, the UK Government tends to ignore most things the devolved parliaments say, so in that spirit I retort with "Nuh uh" kiss

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:00 pm

Yeah, but know at least I can say:-

"Did you not get the memo?"

And you now must answer, YES. Very Happy

Then I can say, well, refer to the memo. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:09 pm

Where's the mods when you need them? I need a wee fishing rod emoji on here!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:12 pm

In a free and independant Scotland all memos will be counted as Tory propoganda and will be burnt at the stake. This includes SNP memos on burning all Tory propoganda memos and so on and so forth.

in a slightly more rugby related note, if you are welsh and you could pick one scotland player (not currently injured) to be in your team who would you pick?

If you are Scottish and you could pick one Welsh player (not currently injured) to be in your team who would you pick?

and behold, a reasonable question, that couldn't possibly lead to trolling, was asked Very Happy

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:13 pm

tigertattie wrote:Where's the mods when you need them? I need a wee fishing rod emoji on here!

didn't there used to be one? i've been searching frantically - unless there is a troll integrated in the mod team who has deleted the fishing emoji...

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:19 pm

Tramptastic wrote:in a slightly more rugby related note, if you are welsh and you could pick one scotland player (not currently injured) to be in your team who would you pick?

Only one ?

In that case, I would plump for hmmmmmm,Blair Kinghorn, he is the form player at the moment. But that is only if all our players were fit. As I would not mind having Finn Russell or John Barclay at the minute.

Last edited by LordDowlais on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:20 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:in a slightly more rugby related note, if you are welsh and you could pick one scotland player (not currently injured) to be in your team who would you pick?

Only one ?

In that case, I would plump for hmmmmmm,Blair Kinghorn, he is the form player at the moment.

Interesting. Where'd you play him and who instead of?

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:21 pm

Tramptastic wrote:Interesting. Where'd you play him and who instead of?

I just edited my post.

But I would play him at full back, and put Leigh Halfpenny on the wing. But that is only because of the injuries we have, I know I might have Welsh tinted glasses here, but I would struggle to fit any Scottish players in the Welsh team if all were fit, perhaps one of your centers or one of your wingers, but it would be a tough call. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:28 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

I just edited my post.

But I would play him at full back, and put Leigh Halfpenny on the wing. But that is only because of the injuries we have, I know I might have Welsh tinted glasses here, but I would struggle to fit any Scottish players in the Welsh team if all were fit, perhaps one of your centers or one of your wingers, but it would be a tough call. OK

Im the same, like the scarlets backline is good but I'm quite happy with scotlands backline. Nervous about Harris starting as I've not seen him play so I'd maybe steal Scott Williams but outside of that it's much of a muchness

I'm violating my own rules here but if he was available i'd steal Faletau, still not happy with Scotlands No.8 options

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:38 pm

Tramptastic wrote:

in a slightly more rugby related note, if you are welsh and you could pick one scotland player (not currently injured) to be in your team who would you pick?

Jon Welsh.

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:40 pm

Tramptastic wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I just edited my post.

Im the same, like the scarlets backline is good but I'm quite happy with scotlands backline. Nervous about Harris starting as I've not seen him play so I'd maybe steal Scott Williams but outside of that it's much of a muchness

I'm violating my own rules here but if he was available i'd steal Faletau, still not happy with Scotlands No.8 options

any day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

Faletau for me is the best number 8 in the world, Read is amazing, but Faletau is fast, I mean deceptively fast, he doesn't lumber he just sort of glides. His handling is amazing, he tackles like a truck and I think Wales will sorely miss him tomorrow.

I think Bradbury is the future at 8 for Scotland but needs a bit more maturity. He does have all the attributes and Cockers will get the best out of him at Edinburgh.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:54 pm

Roof will be ......................................Closed. phew!
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:58 pm

The World, and maybe even a few inhabited outer worlds with intelligent life on them, was waiting.

I'm glad its' been confirmed.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:58 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I just edited my post.

any day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

Faletau for me is the best number 8 in the world, Read is amazing, but Faletau is fast, I mean deceptively fast, he doesn't lumber he just sort of glides. His handling is amazing, he tackles like a truck and I think Wales will sorely miss him tomorrow.

I think Bradbury is the future at 8 for Scotland but needs a bit more maturity. He does have all the attributes and Cockers will get the best out of him at Edinburgh.
I agree but imo he needs to stop doing the donkey work (i.e. hitting rucks) and get his hands on the ball more for Edinburgh.

Which I believe is the opposite of what Cockers wanted from him.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:59 pm

miaow wrote:Cheers boys.

Don't laugh, but in all honesty I have a feeling Wales could go and do a Grand Slam this year. If they beat Scotland that in itself will be a great result, and naturally it's 'easy' to get up for England the week after - two wins from the first two games, in no small part due to carrying over Scarlets' form and confidence, and I think we should be hoping to win the tournament. It is just a feeling, as much reliant on the fact that they tend to come out of the woodwork at times, and I feel like the fans/public 'need' it. Let's be honest, with Brexit etc. it's not exactly a great time, and people, generally, are looking for something good to hope for. There is some more solid logic to that feeling, though, and I think the changes to the Welsh team will shake up the older players, too - it's been needed for a long time. I don't actually think the squad is that much of a shock, Josh Adams aside, but even then it's not as if Gatland hasn't done this before, throwing certain players into the outside backs and asking them to perform. The one disappointment for this game is Navidi over Tipuric as I don't think we have enough over the ball. Tipuric is also underrated around the tackle area in his own right when not playing the ball, excellent tackler and deceptively strong. Would have preferred a straight swap with Navidi for Moriarty (who actually is a pretty good carrier, not sure why people run him down so much in that aspect? He's not a Vunipola or Vermeulen who will go through a player or two, but he makes ground running at shoulders and is pretty mobile.) around 50-55 minutes - as someone said, Navidi - though a good club player and solid all-round back rower - is the third best 7 at the Blues. If there was a game to test James Davies' physicality in the international arena, it would've been against Hamish Watson.

Again, however, Wales' worst 6Ns performance is invariably 18 months before a RWC. Partly, because Gatland's been away with the Lions, as have plenty of Welsh players, which means that we're physically drained, and tactically/mentally in need of a refreshment. That takes its toll; in terms of tactics, the regeneration/tactical update usually doesn't come until the summer of a RWC unfortunately, although there are signs from the autumn that Gatland's being a bit more laissez-faire with his focus on fitness and accuracy over style. But that poor form at this point in the 'cycle' is also partly because other teams are starting to peak or have gone through that regeneration - it's not just an insular thing. However, it does feel a bit different this time; England had their regenerative 'peak' in 2016 and, as expected, whilst they're still progressing they're also not finding things as easy as it was in EJ's first season; Scotland are probably peaking now and are unfortunate with injuries, but that will surely pay off in the long run, particularly if the first choices can slot back in where possible; Ireland and Wales are only now starting to properly blood their RWC '19 squads; France have ripped it up and started again. I don't think Wales have the 'toughness' to grit out a Grand Slam in those circumstances, but with psychological momentum that comes through fresh blood, it's possible.

On the tournament, I think England will struggle with the fall of fixtures - it's a lot easier having Italy 2nd, 3rd, or 4th to give *something* of a break to your side, if only in terms of intensity and the mental fatigue of being in a tight game for 80 minutes. Aside from the rare game (Scotland at Twickenham last year, for example), that is now the case with games between all of the Home Nations, and France may well join them as well, which makes it an unbelievably intense and unpredictable tournament.

I think England will be somewhat undercooked with Italy first up following on from the Lions, and partly why I hope Wales might be able to do a job on them in the final 20 minutes if they avoid an arm wrestle and stay in touch for the first 60. For all the anger from Scottish fans last summer, the lack of Lions representation could be a blessing now. The Samoa and Australia games were fantastic, as was the All Blacks match. Like England, you're unlucky you don't have Italy 'in the middle' of your fixtures, but there's a very real opportunity for Scotland to win it.

Predictions are so hard. Would be great if we have a tournament a bit like 2015 with 3 (maybe 4?) teams in with a chance of winning it on the final weekend. It's hard to pick a decisive fixture that could determine the tournament, but this might be it. It's disappointing that Scotland are no longer an 'easy' fixture in terms of Wales's championship hopes, but it definitely makes the games, tournament, and spectacle a lot better.

Apologies because I think it was me who first put the boot in on Moriaty's carrying. He just strikes me as potentially an excellent 6 but only really a makeshift 8.

As for the mass selection of Scarlets my concern is that they might struggle with the step up to international level as they are more conditioned to the speed of club games. There are a few seasoned internationals in there so it could work. We'll find out soon enough. Scotland/Wales feels very unpredictable.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:02 pm

Scottish brethren .. why are you not all up in arms that Blair Kinghorn has not been selected? I mean given he is obviously superior to Stuart Hogg at FB (as well as being the best Scottish player), surely Townsend's head should be on a spike?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:06 pm

You been drinking bam or just taking the mick out of a ridiculous quote that no Scottish player would get into a Welsh 15?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:09 pm

BamBam wrote:Scottish brethren .. why are you not all up in arms that Blair Kinghorn has not been selected? I mean given he is obviously superior to Stuart Hogg at FB (as well as being the best Scottish player), surely Townsend's head should be on a spike?

I must admit, I don't know if this is a joke or not. If it is I missed it I apologise, but I'll try to discuss it here.

Kinghorn for me is an outstanding player, but I think after the Oz game Toonie owes McGuigan a bit of faith. He had a stormer and dropping him would have been harsh. Seymour has been excellent for club despite having a shakey autumn and I have no problem with him starting. As for Maitland I think that Toonie wants an experienced guy coming on as a replacement, it helps that he's a Saracen and will make few mistakes and will be defensively very stout.

As for Hogg:

"when you go to compete in the Kentucky derby you don't leave your prize stallion in the stable." - Leonard McCoy
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:11 pm

he makes more money in the stable.............. McCoy should have stuck to doctoring. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:23 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
BamBam wrote:Scottish brethren .. why are you not all up in arms that Blair Kinghorn has not been selected? I mean given he is obviously superior to Stuart Hogg at FB (as well as being the best Scottish player), surely Townsend's head should be on a spike?

I must admit, I don't know if this is a joke or not. If it is I missed it I apologise, but I'll try to discuss it here.

Kinghorn for me is an outstanding player, but I think after the Oz game Toonie owes McGuigan a bit of faith. He had a stormer and dropping him would have been harsh. Seymour has been excellent for club despite having a shakey autumn and I have no problem with him starting. As for Maitland I think that Toonie wants an experienced guy coming on as a replacement, it helps that he's a Saracen and will make few mistakes and will be defensively very stout.

As for Hogg:

"when you go to compete in the Kentucky derby you don't leave your prize stallion in the stable." - Leonard McCoy

Sorry Radge, it may have been a little too subtle.

It was in reference to Lord Bluster's claim that the only Scottish player he would have in the Wales squad is Blair Kinghorn, who isn't even in the Scotland squad!

Even qualified with the Russell/Barclay comments, its a quite ridiculous claim as ever from LD

LordDowlais wrote:

Only one ?

In that case, I would plump for hmmmmmm,Blair Kinghorn, he is the form player at the moment. But that is only if all our players were fit. As I would not mind having Finn Russell or John Barclay at the minute.

LordDowlais wrote:

I just edited my post.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:26 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:You been drinking bam or just taking the mick out of a ridiculous quote that no Scottish player would get into a Welsh 15?

Who says those two things are mutually exclusive .. it is Friday guinness

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:27 pm

I'm not sure what's going on with this thread anymore - i can only assuming we're aiming to max out the number of posts on the thread before the game even starts??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:30 pm

BamBam wrote:

Sorry Radge, it may have been a little too subtle.

It was in reference to Lord Bluster's claim that the only Scottish player he would have in the Wales squad is Blair Kinghorn, who isn't even in the Scotland squad!

I assume that was Lord Bluster's niggly point.  Lord Bluster is killing two bird with one stone.  He's playfully alluding to the ''fact' that the Scottish players chosen wouldn't make his team (grrrrr - a jibe at the Lions snub again).................... but also it's a sly dig at the idea of Townsend being a calibre of coach in Gatland's realm.  He's again banterishly suggesting Townsend doesn't know his best players (grrr - a jibe at Townsend's Lions snub when Gatland suggested he (Townsend) might have learned something on tour)

Oh it's all glorious , well written 6N drawma!!!!!  drumroll

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:46 pm

Look, I would put Klinghorn in the Scottish team ahead of Hogg. Whilst Hogg is a very good player, I still see weaknesses in his game. I have been a constant admirer of Blair Klinghorn this season and I cannot fathom why he is not in the Scottish squad, I assumed he was, but I have not checked, is he injured ?

BamBam, I have asked you politely on numerous occasions to stop targeting me on here, can you please stop following me around this forum and constantly trying to belittle me ? It is spoiling threads for everybody.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:50 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Look, I would put Klinghorn in the Scottish team ahead of Hogg.  Whilst Hogg is a very good player, I still see weaknesses in his game. I have been a constant admirer of Blair Klinghorn this season and I cannot fathom why he is not in the Scottish squad, I assumed he was, but I have not checked, is he injured ?

BamBam, I have asked you politely on numerous occasions to stop targeting me on here, can you please stop following me around this forum and constantly trying to belittle me ? It is spoiling threads for everybody.

Lol

Very Happy
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:57 pm

Who watched Nige last night?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:00 pm

Hogg is a proven international player, 2 times 6N player of the tournament, 2 times Lions tourist – Kinghorn is a 20 year old who has only just been called up to his first Scotland squad.

I watch Kinghorn week in week out and he is absolutely electric, and will most likely have a great future with Scotland, but there’s no way in any universe that he should be starting ahead of Hogg this tournament. Kinghorn certainly has his own faults too – his defence isn’t good and he is prone to make one big mistake in games, although he is getting better at that.

There was perhaps an argument for him being on the bench but Maitland is a very handy player to bring on instead.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:07 pm

Biggest WUM ever.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/six-nations-super-computer-just-14234994
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:08 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Look, I would put Klinghorn in the Scottish team ahead of Hogg.  Whilst Hogg is a very good player, I still see weaknesses in his game. I have been a constant admirer of Blair Klinghorn this season and I cannot fathom why he is not in the Scottish squad, I assumed he was, but I have not checked, is he injured ?

Please elaborate......

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:13 pm

I can't help picking up on nonsensical claims, its a character fault that I just can't get rid of

Stop making them and I'll stop "following you around"

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:48 pm

BamBam wrote:I can't help picking up on nonsensical claims, its a character fault that I just can't get rid of

Stop making them and I'll stop "following you around"

There have been a few nonsensical claims in here, albeit not from Welsh posters yet you didn't pick up on them hmmmm chin. You can resort to being personal about Wales now if you like, BamBam. It usually what happens when the truth gets pointed out to English and Scots on here (and Ulster fans, the rest of the Irish are normal).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

I am pretty sure we will see Kinghorn debut for Scotland at some stage in this tournament.

Probably the first up game against Wales, in Cardiff was not the one to do it though. For both teams there is just way to much at stake on this game and it will decide what kind of tournament they are going to be having.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:52 pm

No wonder this site has lost its buzz!

Com'on guys lighten up its the best weekend of the year, the start of the greatest rugby competition in the world.

Banter is part of the 6 nations. enjoy it.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:53 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:

Please elaborate......

Oh, here we go, just because I do not share the same demi-god opinion of Hogg as our friends up north then I have to start explaining. Look, I do not want to spoil this thread, or get into a peeing match with anyone, but I will give my opinion on his weaknesses.

For me he is far to maverick, he is world class at the nice things, like support play, ball in hand, footwork, pace, but when it comes to the not so nice things, position, defence, tackling I think he is not as good has his peers.

Do his pro's out way his cons ? It depends, if everything is going Scotland's/Glasgow's way, then yes they do, if the are not, then no. For me he is still a mistake waiting to happen, an intercept pass, a missed tackle or being out of position.

Would I swap him for Liam Williams ? Not a snowballs chance in hell I wouldn't. Would I swap him for Halfpenny ? Yes, but it would depend on the opposition.

Klinghorn for me, even at his young age, is already showing a much more complete all round finish to his game, a future world beater.

So before the grenades start getting thrown, this is just my opinion. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:54 pm

Do you know when you leave the living room on Christmas day, and come back a few minutes later to find everyone sat in silence, and your uncle has got hold of the Drambuie? "No Uncle John, you can't call them that anymore.... [angry muttering] ...Well if you must know, the Equality Act says that is a 'protected characteristic' so, you really can't."

That's this, right here.

Edit: That's not a reference to you LD, even if Kinghorn over Hogg is utterly bats***.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:57 pm

Hogg is a beast and I love watching him play, anyone who doesn't see that needs to take a walk.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:58 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Hogg is a beast and I love watching him play, anyone who doesn't see that needs to take a walk.

Nobody has said that they do not like watching Hogg play. What a strange comment to make. Headscratch

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next