The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Schmidt

+24
eirebilly
No 7&1/2
Yoda
The Great Aukster
carpet baboon
Brendan
profitius
Sin é
the-goon
rodders
mikey_dragon
Pot Hale
geoff999rugby
majesticimperialman
aucklandlaurie
SecretFly
Geen sport voor watjes
BamBam
LondonTiger
Cyril
catchweight
TJ
Artful_Dodger
alive555
28 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Joe Schmidt - Page 2 Empty Joe Schmidt

Post by alive555 Sat 17 Mar 2018, 7:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

best coach in world rugby

Discuss!

alive555

Back to top Go down

Joe Schmidt - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by TJ Wed 21 Mar 2018, 10:05 am

Thats more Englands problem than Irelands advantage tho as Wales adn scotland both have the same

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Mar 2018, 10:33 am

rodders wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Irelands low injury count has a lot to do with Kitman labs analysis of player performance and player management in general. We have also had our fair share of injuries. Henshaw, Ringrose, SOB, Furlong, JVdF, Earls, Conway, Payne, Henderson, Farrell. Injuries just havent had as big an impact as there is always someone ready to step up now.

Think you've mentioned this before, Collapse, but I can't help thinking that all top teams - certainly Wales and England (who have always seemed obsessed with the advantages that science can bring to those performance percentages) - have access to some pretty impressive analytics at British level considering the level of performance based science that is involved in the UKs priority sports at Olympics (example - cycling)

Well they don't you see because any data collected by clubs and regions aren't accessible outside that environment, nor have the RFU influence and control over the methods used to collect player data.

Further more the IRFU have more influence over resting of players and training load than the other countries do.

In response to the point above Schmidt does have influence, via Nucifera, in how the provinces and development teams play. It was one of the stipulations in Schmidt taking the job and something NZ also do, so that players can step up to national level more seamlessly.

Are you telling me that Eddie Jones and his science people do not have access to Club player performance data in the lead in to a World Cup that is being financed to levels that are unimaginable to the rest of us?  
I heard a quote of how much was being invested in that effort to get a WC, I can't remember the specific number so I won't quote an inaccurate one - but I remember it to be BIG.  Nothing is being left to chance in terms of prep, as you'd expect from England.  Nothing is out of the price range they are willing to pay.
So in that climate, are you seriously telling me, rodders, that Premiership clubs are withholding player data from Eddie Jones' science guys?

Well, the clubs may say it or may have said it (I don't know where what information you have that would lead you to that conclusion)...but I'd never believe it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 21 Mar 2018, 10:41 am

Even if Eddie Jones had the data he cant ask for players to be rested. What Kitman labs does is it monitors when Irish players need a rest and then they are rested for both club and country.

Kitman labs was developed by a former Leinster exec and headed up by Kevin McLoughlin. Their clients include, SA rugby, NBA teams, premier league teams etc. They are the best in the business at what they do and the results are really showing for Ireland because when our best players put on the green jersey they are consistently hitting their peak. It is real money ball stuff.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 21 Mar 2018, 10:53 am

One of the greatest things Schmidt has done for Irish rugby is to remove the emotion based motivation. Rather than per Kidney for example rely on emotion to motivate the players into big performances this team is very much focused on process driven big performances.

As a result they are much calmer in how they pick apart teams and much more consistent. It has been so evident in this years six nations that all players were very well aware of their role. Emotion based motivation (Kidney's model) is not sustainable. Munster are still very much an emotion driven team IMO which is part of the reason why they have lagged behind Leinster for some time now.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Mar 2018, 10:58 am

I'm not saying Edddie has the power to force players to be rested.  I'm saying he has the expertise there to hand that tells him when his players are overworked and when they aren't.  He has the same access to the same kinds of intense and refined data that Ireland have (maybe a different program, maybe different variables - but the same heavily scientific data)

...but something happens then.

He either can't compute the info and his assistants are too afraid to explain it to him - or he simply ignores such data and prefers old school whip, chain and little pity.

But if his players were indeed 'knackered' - the data was there to prove it.  It's England.  They got the details they need.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:00 am

SecretFly wrote:
Are you telling me that Eddie Jones and his science people do not have access to Club player performance data in the lead in to a World Cup that is being financed to levels that are unimaginable to the rest of us?  

Yes because it is private data collected by a club on it's employee and then it could be shared with rival clubs, who could then use it to profile strengths and weaknesses of opposition players, or use to determine if to sign a player or not.

No way for example would Exeter share data they have on one of their players with the English coaches if that could make its way back to Saracens or vice versa.

The provinces are centrally owned, also if a player is moving between provinces they will share the data. No other country outside NZ does this I believe.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:02 am

SecretFly wrote:I'm not saying Edddie has the power to force players to be rested.  I'm saying he has the expertise there to hand that tells him when his players are overworked and when they aren't.  He has the same access to the same kinds of intense and refined data that Ireland have (maybe a different program, maybe different variables - but the same heavily scientific data)

He either can't compute the info and his assistants are too afraid to explain it to him - or he simply ignores such data and prefers old school whip, chain and little pity.

But if his players were indeed 'knackered' - the data was there to prove it.  It's England.  They got the details they need.

The point is even if he has the data there is nothing he can do with it. Schmidt has the power to have players rested during their club duty so they can peak when they put the green on. Jones does not that that luxury so he just has to accept his best players will be flogged to death.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:06 am

rodders wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Yes because it is private data collected by a club on it's employee and then it could be shared with rival clubs, who could then use it to profile strengths and weaknesses of opposition players, or use to determine if to sign a player or not.

No way for example would Exeter share data they have on one of their players with the English coaches if that could make its way back to Saracens or vice versa.

The provinces are centrally owned, also if a player is moving between provinces they will share the data. No other country outside NZ does this I believe.

Em.... is this all facts or your opinion?

I have to repeat, I firmly believe Eddie Jones, International Coach for England Rugby, is getting all the data he requires about the players he uses and the players he is interested in.

I'd bet a million quid on it if I had a million, and I firmly believe I'd win millions more Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:07 am

When GDPR comes in in May this year it will be very interesting how the IRFU deals with the data they have on Ulster players. If Kitman labs is based in Ireland then they are not permitted to transfer "special categories of data" to Non-EU jurisdictions such as eventually NI. Special categories include data on individuals health which is the sort of stuff that Kitman collects on all players.

They may be faced with a bizarre scenario where they cannot give feedback to Ulster rugby on player data while on Ireland duty for example.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:07 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Even if Eddie Jones had the data he cant ask for players to be rested.

Actually he can, and he does at times - under the agreement between PRL and RFU that sets out how much rugby can be played, both Jones and Lancaster have insisted on players in the EPS missing games. Usually this is done with the clubs in consultation, but sometimes the RFU medics will insist on rest over-riding the club. However the conditions on just how often this can happen are pretty stringent.

Not sure that central contracts are a panacea that would cure all ills. There are far too many clubs and players at the moment, so teh number of top flight clubs with centrally contracted players would need to be reduced down to about 5, which would then mean there is no competition for the to play in.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:08 am

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

I have to repeat, I firmly believe Eddie Jones, International Coach for England Rugby, is getting all the data he requires about the players he uses and the players he is interested in.

I'd bet a million quid on it if I had a million, and I firmly believe I'd win millions more Wink

The Professional Rugby Agreement gives the England coaches full access to all club telemetry data etc.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:15 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'm not saying Edddie has the power to force players to be rested.  I'm saying he has the expertise there to hand that tells him when his players are overworked and when they aren't.  He has the same access to the same kinds of intense and refined data that Ireland have (maybe a different program, maybe different variables - but the same heavily scientific data)

The point is even if he has the data there is nothing he can do with it. Schmidt has the power to have players rested during their club duty so they can peak when they put the green on. Jones does not that that luxury so he just has to accept his best players will be flogged to death.

He can do something.  It might be limited what he can do - but he can do something IF he listens to the advice coming from data compiled.

For example IF he has red warning signs coming to him about two, three or four players - then his choices are either to let those players be, don't involve them in the toughest areas of training (and all reports suggests his 6N period was Intense).  He can also, if the stats are telling him a player's performance's are falling off due to fatigue, admit that they are likely to underperform and choose an alternative player for matchday or for the squad.
There are things he can do if he gets info and listens to it.  It might not be ideal and it might not be as joined up as the Irish system - but if a number of his players were 'knackered' and their performance/fitness/blood-work etc data was coming back telling him so - then he had the power to select some different players.

But Eddie is the kind of coach that believes certain players are simply warriors - the sniff of war and they're ready.  He likes that old school stuff, so I'm inclined to think he maybe doesn't listen much to science.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:17 am

LondonTiger wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Even if Eddie Jones had the data he cant ask for players to be rested.

Actually he can, and he does at times - under the agreement between PRL and RFU that sets out how much rugby can be played, both Jones and Lancaster have insisted on players in the EPS missing games. Usually this is done with the clubs in consultation, but sometimes the RFU medics will insist on rest over-riding the club. However the conditions on just how often this can happen are pretty stringent.

Not sure that central contracts are a panacea that would cure all ills. There are far too many clubs and players at the moment, so teh number of top flight clubs with centrally contracted players would need to be reduced down to about 5, which would then mean there is no competition for the to play in.

The England players played about 4 times as much rugby as the key Ireland ones and it showed all throughout the tournament. There is no question really that Jones does not have the same level of control that Schmidt has.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:29 am

Oh I fully accept that Schmidt has more control. Of course most he pushes the clubs the hardest, and believes training should be a higher intensity than matches, so would probably be willing to allow players to play more than Schmidt would.

There is no easy solution, and this is teh same system that won a grandslam and a world cup in 2003, a Grandslam in 2016 and an ignominious world cup in 2015. When you win systems look ok, when you lose people question them.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:38 am

LondonTiger wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

The Professional Rugby Agreement gives the England coaches full access to all club telemetry data etc.

Yes but that agreement only extends to the players in the Elite development squad, Schmidt has access to everyone at every level of rugby.

Fly I heard from an ex-IRFU S&C coach how the data is collected and shared.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:51 am

The Professional Rugby Agreement covers all pro rugby. It is only restricted to the EPS members when it comes to access outside of set windows (including training camps and enforced rest periods). For data sharing it covers all activities. It is certainly not perfect - but arguably it gave Jones more contact with his players than any other 6Ns coach had, but has meant that they tend to play more too.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:59 am

LondonTiger wrote:Oh I fully accept that Schmidt has more control. Of course most he pushes the clubs the hardest, and believes training should be a higher intensity than matches, so would probably be willing to allow players to play more than Schmidt would.

There is no easy solution, and this is teh same system that won a grandslam and a world cup in 2003, a Grandslam in 2016 and an ignominious world cup in 2015. When you win systems look ok, when you lose people question them.

Good point.  Winning is a perfect recipe.  Losing always has something - some ingredient is just wrong.

But reality isn't like that and chaos theory - well really for me, it should be taught in kindergarten because it really is something people have to appreciate all through life.  There are no real patterns.  We only make ourselves believe that there are for security of mind.

For all Joe's access to players and data and his ability to dictate rest periods etc.  He still gets hit by injuries - even to the players that are classed as TOP GRADE READY AND EFFICIENT, SIR! by the quality control systems.  
And we still virtually almost lost our first game to France.... which means we wouldn't have been here at all speaking of how our system works and other systems don't do as well.  
And cards happen too.  Ireland did a splendid bit of defending when down one man (perhaps testament to the system) but we've leaked tries before in the Championship with 15 men on the field.  So England had the potential to score and to change the game and to win.
If that had happened.  Eddie would be out there saying England's superior fitness kept them calm and that they knew Ireland would blow itself out.  And we wouldn't have had the courage to whisper - but our players were better conditioned and fresh. Wink

Losing happens no matter how fit the players, no matter how much quality control dictates who plays.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 21 Mar 2018, 12:07 pm

LondonTiger wrote:The Professional Rugby Agreement covers all pro rugby. It is only restricted to the EPS members when it comes to access outside of set windows (including training camps and enforced rest periods). For data sharing it covers all activities. It is certainly not perfect - but arguably it gave Jones more contact with his players than any other 6Ns coach had, but has meant that they tend to play more too.

Interesting, well you have no bloody excuse then .... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 21 Mar 2018, 8:48 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Gatland’s win record with Ireland was 47% from 1998-2001. He beat Wales, Argentina (although lost to them in Lens), and France in 2000 and 2001, and finished joint top with England in the 6N ( lost on PD) and nearly won against New Zealand in November losing 29-40.

Eddie O’Sullivan’s record was 64% with Ireland getting to 3rd in rankings in 2003 and 2006.

Declan Kidney won a Grand Slam and a Six Nations.  Was WR coach of year in 2009 and then it all went south. Finished W28 L23 D3 - 52%.

Joe Schmidt has three Six Nations inc a Grand Slam, beat New Zealand 40-29, SA away for first time, and a new team consecutive win record of 12.  Since his start on 9 Nov 2013 he’s coached 55 W40 L14 D1 with a 73% success to date with win records of:
New Zealand 33% 1/3
Wales 43% 3.5/7
England 50% 3/6
SA 60% 3/5
Australia 67% 2/3
Argentina 75% 3/4
France 83% 5/6
Scotland 83% 5/6

Since beginning of 2016/17 season, Ireland have played 20 test matches.

Ireland P20 W17 L3 - 85%
N Zealand P18 W14 L3 D1 - 80.6%
England P19 W15 L4 -79%
Scotland P19 W12 L7 - 63%
Wales P20 W12 L8 - 60%

He’s doing okay so far I think.  Australia tour will be a real mettle tester.  SA tour got away from him, needs to win this one 2-1.

Interesting data, or datter, as they call it here. You should post a source. BTW it's a very impressive record for Schmidt. I can't recall Ireland getting thrashed under him either, and like you say there's the little matter of a win in SA and one against those ABs... Ireland have also clearly stopped struggling against France.

I also think it's much more difficult to coach a team like Wales, than it is Ireland or England which should be taken into account.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Mar 2018, 9:20 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

I also think it's much more difficult to coach a team like Wales, than it is Ireland or England which should be taken into account.

Come on, mikey. Don't leave that lying on the floor without explaining how it got there.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 21 Mar 2018, 11:37 pm

Perhaps it’s like Blackadder being asked if he ever considered a career in The Church? ‘I could never get used to the underwear’.

Apologies to anyone from Ulster on this one.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:03 am

the-goon wrote:
Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Joe is a lucky coach as well. With injuries ( to the opposition as well as lack of on the Irish side), form of the opposition and maybe the odd reffing decision. You make your own luck of course plus we are unstoppable from 2 metres.

I don’t think he has that much influence on the provinces per se. The proof of that is how sh1t Ulster and Munster are playing at the moment.

He has a lucky draw for the wc. Let’s hope he makes it work in our favour.

Still can't credit the man. Haha.  How many injuries to key players did kidney have in 2009? Ferris in game 5? Can't think of others. But that wasn't luck of course.
We didn't say he had influence over the provinces, but that he kept tabs with the players.

I will full up say that joe is the best coach ever for Ireland (the only person I would put on a par with him is Tom Kiernan in terms of a positive influence on Irish rugby). It is no harm pointing out that besides his undoubted abilities he has had some luck (good and bad over his term in charge). But then you make your own luck. If the team continues to develop as it has done then I am pretty confident we might see another championship if not a  grand slam next year and a semi final in the wc (at least). Outside of half backs we have strength in depth everywhere ( how much that is because of IRFU and the branches rather than JS is another discussion.

As someone mentioned he has taken the emotion out of the Irish game ( or at least channeled it better) so much so that I felt very confident we were going to win last weekend. With the game over by halftime I can tell you it was a much more enjoyable second half than Cardiff in 09.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:12 am

A couple (well, about 8 or 9) of dodgy ref decisions over the tournament and a different bounce or two would have seen an England slam and Ireland losing 4 out of 5. Crazy 6 Nations this year. Congrats though.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:14 am

Aus, SA and NZ are ready for us. The summer tours will be a proper eye-opener.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:20 am

A couple (well, about 8 or 9) dodgy Irish decisions over the tournament and a different bounce or two would have seen Ireland score more in practically all the games they played in.  

Why is it always the losing side that are seen to have made gaffs or blew scoring chances?  Winning sides blow chances too.  

So add up all the moments when the opposition might have scored tries or missed points and add up all the moments when Ireland might have scored tries and missed points = same result = Ireland without doubt strongest team this year.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:22 am

Cyril wrote:A couple (well, about 8 or 9) of dodgy ref decisions over the tournament and a different bounce or two would have seen an England slam and Ireland losing 4 out of 5. Crazy 6 Nations this year. Congrats though.

I tell you what squirrel. Go look at the England France game in its entirety as a single entity again. And then come back and say England could have been grand slam champions.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:24 am

Cyril wrote:Aus, SA and NZ are ready for us. The summer tours will be a proper eye-opener.

Certainly will be waiting. And Australia and SA in particular will be hungry for ranking points to correct what they'll see as an immoral Ranking top 10.

But sure that's the fun. All you can do is lose, and you can't help it if it happens, no matter how much you complain. But winning would be nice so I guess giving them a game or three is a nice way to enjoy a summer.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:56 am

Sorry, fly, I Didn’t mean to be so argumentative just had some really bad news in my family and a bit drunk.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 22 Mar 2018, 1:30 am

Don't worry about it, Cyril. Yep, being online isn't the best thing to be when hearing bad news. I did it once too. Some poor inoffensive but annoying guy in here just said the wrong things at the wrong time when I had been hit with a bad episode in my family. I chewed into him. He didn't deserve it but the mood you're in is the mood you're in.

Don't know what to say Cyril. Struggle through as best you can Hug

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 22 Mar 2018, 8:31 am

Cyril wrote:A couple (well, about 8 or 9) of dodgy ref decisions over the tournament and a different bounce or two would have seen an England slam and Ireland losing 4 out of 5. Crazy 6 Nations this year. Congrats though.

England were also a TMO decision and a bounce of the ball away from the wooden spoon. I dont think there is much doubt that 5th is about right for them this year because France Wales and Scotland were better than them.

That said England arent a bad team. No real need for panic but definitely work to be done.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 22 Mar 2018, 9:20 am

Even by this places standards that has to go down as one of the most nonsensical posts I've ever read here

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 22 Mar 2018, 9:31 am

I think Cyril was drunk in fairness to him and maybe in bereavement?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 22 Mar 2018, 10:02 am

For those that believe that Schmidt has nothing to do with player development:

'It was nice to see what it takes to win a Grand Slam': Munster set to benefit from Arnold's Ireland experience http://the42.ie/3917455

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 22 Mar 2018, 1:23 pm

We did comfortably beat Wales, don't think its clear cut that they were better than us

Ireland were the strongest by far, but the other 4 excluding Italy all beat each other at home, much of a muchness really

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 22 Mar 2018, 3:58 pm

SecretFly wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Come on, mikey.  Don't leave that lying on the floor without explaining how it got there.

Our amateur set-up, and when Gatland came in we had more overseas players at the Welsh teams which limited his choices.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:00 pm

BamBam wrote:We did comfortably beat Wales, don't think its clear cut that they were better than us

😆What by 6 points and having the TMO give you an incorrect decision when the ball had clearly been grounded IE try scored? The delusion is rife. EJ has become a bit delusional too and it's this sort of delusion that seen you finish FIFTH place thumbsup.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:13 pm

Call it a win by 2 points then.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:31 pm

It was a win by 6 points, I was just addressing some of the delusion.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:39 pm

Well at least Wales won their "finished above England" trophy, that should keep you happy for a good few years eh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:46 pm

Yeah ok. Could bam bam and Mikey start there own thread please. Your derailing this one about the greatest coach ever .
Thanks

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:51 pm

Apologies, my original point was in answer to one of Collapse's comments above

Unfortunately, school ended on time today so mikey arrived on schedule

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 22 Mar 2018, 5:14 pm

BamBam wrote:Well at least Wales won their "finished above England" trophy, that should keep you happy for a good few years eh

Oh dear laughing someone needs to get over themselves. Those we finish above are none of my concern. So England would not be my concern, nor would they be Scotland or France's concern! If only your coach could occasionally keep his mouth shut. Unfortunately he tends to reflect the whole nation when he's running his mouth off, especially with 'fans' like you following him around. Champs to chumps!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 22 Mar 2018, 6:04 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
BamBam wrote:Well at least Wales won their "finished above England" trophy, that should keep you happy for a good few years eh

Oh dear laughing someone needs to get over themselves. Those we finish above are none of my concern. So England would not be my concern, nor would they be Scotland or France's concern! If only your coach could occasionally keep his mouth shut. Unfortunately he tends to reflect the whole nation when he's running his mouth off, especially with 'fans' like you following him around. Champs to chumps!

Oh good I'm not concerned about anyone then as we finished top.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 22 Mar 2018, 8:34 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

I think Ireland should be concerned about second-placed Wales as without Glen Jackson helping out they really struggle...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 22 Mar 2018, 8:59 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

I think Ireland should be concerned about second-placed Wales as without Glen Jackson helping out they really struggle...

So you go from accusing the English of complaining about the ref to actually complaining about the ref. Glad you have no self awareness at all.
Enjoy being angry

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Mar 2018, 9:03 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

So you go from accusing the English of complaining about the ref to actually complaining about the ref. Glad you have no self awareness at all.
Enjoy being angry

Did he really?

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 22 Mar 2018, 9:10 pm

The Oracle wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Enjoy being angry

Did he really?

Not on this thread. But him and bam bam have been bouncing around different threads playing the who didn't win the 6n best game. And yes in one of them he said the English always blame the ref for a loss

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 22 Mar 2018, 9:15 pm

We're working on the Glen Jackson connection as we speak.  Joe is working on it around the clock now, coz he's meticulous.
IRFU plans on paying the Russian Mafia to get the Colombian Mafia to ask the Chicago Mafia to ensure that Glen refs the World Cup Final.

Uh Oh....you know what that means of course?  Ireland expect to be at the Final - we've already paid the Japanese Mafia to make sure that happens.  AND........... if Glen is the ref?????

You guessed it.  The ABs don't make the final. Yahoo   We're going to pay off the Aussie Mafia to make that trick work.

So that leaves us and probably the next genuinely best side in the contest to fight it out for the Cup.

So I'm not saying nothing - but I'd put a bit of money on an Ireland v Romania Final. Whistle

Last edited by SecretFly on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 9:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Mar 2018, 9:16 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Enjoy being angry

Did he really?

Not on this thread. But him and bam bam have been bouncing around different threads playing the who didn't win the 6n best game. And yes in one of them he said the English always blame the ref for a loss

thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Thu 22 Mar 2018, 11:30 pm

Glen Jackson. Sure I remember him playing out half for highfield in Cork in the all Ireland league. He would know a lot of the 2009 team ( the older guys).  Loved his time in Cork and only went back to NZ cos he got called up by the chiefs.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next