The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing Transfers thread

+29
Crimey
dyrewolfe
alfie
Soul Requiem
dummy_half
Geordie
daraghj82
Fluxy
JDizzle
kingraf
Duty281
Luke
GSC
Atila
Lowlandbrit
No name Bertie
superflyweight
BamBam
westisbest
Fernando
Nathaniel Jacobs
compelling and rich
gazzyD
Beer
LivinginItaly
lfc91
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Hero
33 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Ongoing Transfers thread - Page 7 Empty Ongoing Transfers thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 May - 10:59

First topic message reminder :

Klopp, who doesn’t spend money, looking to spend 60m on Fekir to go with 50m Keita

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 20 Jul - 20:37; edited 2 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Ongoing Transfers thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Ongoing Transfers thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 9 Aug - 10:32

They've just announced Lucas on SSN at the Stadium by using the big screen outside for #welcomeLucas

Hearing it's £4m with 90k a week

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Aug - 11:10

£90k a week picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 9 Aug - 12:41

Just not that big a deal wages wise for us nowadays. Especially on a £4m fee. Delighted with it, we’ll make that money back selling him in a year or two and his chance creation last season was insane

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 9 Aug - 12:43

The Diego Godin to Man Utd rumours lasted long then

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 9 Aug - 13:27

United offered more money to club and player, yet Mina is at Everton
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 9 Aug - 13:33

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Just not that big a deal wages wise for us nowadays. Especially on a £4m fee. Delighted with it, we’ll make that money back selling him in a year or two and his chance creation last season was insane

£90k is probably what he was on at Arsenal as well tbh. And nobody realistically moves for a paycut.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Aug - 13:40

Federico Fernandez heading to Tyneside, even though a fee hasn’t beeen agreed with Swansea. If we can get him for £6m, instead of £10m, then that’s pretty good business + played under Rafa previously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 9 Aug - 13:55

Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes both passed Everton medicals in Barcelona this morning apparently
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Thu 9 Aug - 14:03

BamBam wrote:The Diego Godin to Man Utd rumours lasted long then

Surprised it took until now for us to be linked with him tbh

Don't see any last minute deals for us, and I'd rather stick with what we have than panic and sign some bang average tree again like we did fellaini

Unless by some chance a miracle happens and Toby or Maguire become doable of course

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Aug - 14:18

Afro wrote:Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes both passed Everton medicals in Barcelona this morning apparently

Fear for Everton. Don’t like the make-up of these signings at all. Bernard is an overrated mercenary, Andre Gomes literally disappoints every time you see him, and can envisage Yerry Mina being one of those WC signings, that you instantly regret. Richarlinson went AWOL for six months last year too. Interesting to see how Silva gels this side together.

Probably

————————-Tosun——————-
-Richarlinson—Sigurdsson—Walcott-
——————Gueye-Gomes—————-
Digne——-Mina——Keane——Coleman
———————Pickford———————

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 9 Aug - 14:44

I don't think it is that far off the team, although Silva has stated he wants to play 4-3-3.

So it will essentially be that side with Sigurdsson deeper, but in reality playing more where you have him.

From what I gather, Bernard isn't on the wages quoted. More like half, so he is fine as a back-up. Everything I have seen of Mina makes me think he'll be fine in the Premier League. And I'm hoping for the Valencia Gomes.

Richarlison I worry about his price tag, but then he is still young and also last year was his first in England after moving from Brazil. The game is littered with examples of players taking time to settle in a new country with our British winter and playing as many games as we do, so there is still hope for him.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 9 Aug - 16:41

Imagine being happy with Federico Fernandez while fearing for a side signing Yerry Mina Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Aug - 17:57

Marky wrote:Imagine being happy with Federico Fernandez while fearing for a side signing Yerry Mina Laugh

Mina's a complete unknown, and proven nothing in European football. Unless, you know something else about him, that warrants nearly £30m? Dolph suggested he felt Mina might not be very good, and I share that view. Feels like Everton have had mugs written on their foreheads for a while. At least Rafa knows Federico, is £20m cheaper, and at least we know he's capable in this league, and eager to re-unite with Rafa, who's he's enjoyed success with in the Serie A.

As for my fear for Everton, it's just the type of signings. Many are unknown in the major European leagues, and the rest are just failed names at bigger clubs, who have just been in the doldrums for years, and just been happy to bag a paycheck.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 9 Aug - 18:45

Why try to make ambitious signings when you can sign players nobody else wants for cheap.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 9 Aug - 19:00

The press/fans: why aren't young English players breaking through/developing?
Also the press/fans: why hasn't [club] bought a replacement for everyone that wasn't top 5 in the league at their position last year?

I know the stakes are high, but you sometimes wonder if they only keep Academies around for PR reasons.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 9 Aug - 19:14

All of Bernard, Mina and Gomes are risks. Absolutely.

If we could have attracted proven, more established, and better players then we would have. But we can’t, so to take the step up we need to take a risk on potentially better players.

For me, taking a chance on those three, plus Richarlison, is a better option than relying on Williams, Mirallas, Bolasie and Klaassen, who they have effectively replaced/will replace.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 9 Aug - 19:21

Plus also Zouma is still a possibility....
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Aug - 20:34

Southampton sign Danny Ings on loan

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 10 Aug - 0:49

Federico Fernández is capable in the Premier league but Yerry Mina isn't

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Aug - 4:33

I’m jury out on both. Mina was regarded as a better attacker than defender before a good World Cup, and I’m not sure the way he has been recycled by Barca is anything but worrying.

He’s got a lot more upside than Fernandez. However, Newcastle have signed a known quality with premier league experience who the manager obviously trusts.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Aug - 4:46

Hard to judge a window the day after, you need months. However:

Tottenham are really banking on that core continuing to grow and things being hunky dory.

Watford look to have stood still, which usually means the table drags you down. Need a striker?

Fulham could be anything. Sure, some deals look great and there’s a lot of business, but that flurry can’t have been planned and surely the manager has no idea of his best side. A lot of squads also suffer if the players that get you up then get discarded.

Huddersfield haven’t added enough quality on the surface, so it’s down to Wagner to prove it’s his model they fit.

Southampton have got a few unproven and then rolled the dice on Danny Ings’s fitness. I like Gunn, I think they could recover a lot just for momentum change too, so it might be that the best additions are players getting back to their best.

Everton could be all name value again. Season probably rests on Tosun.

Burnley are a hard call but whilst Gibson suits, Hart seems unnecessary and they’ve not done a lot to suggest they want to push on.

Man United just need this Jose thing to end.

Arsenal’s best signing was in the winter window, although I like what they’ve done as a start of change. Nothing that will force them forward, so it’s really down to momentum shifts

Brighton have tried to be smart but could have taken too many moneyball risks.

Cardiff are taking the money and running.

Newcastle are unspectacular and relying on Rafa entirely. I always have this feeling that promotes aides dio a bit once they’ve had that focused survival year.

West Ham lack a body and experience in defence, whilst relying on the potential of Declan Rice in holding the midfield or Sanchez proving better away from the curse of that Villa side.

Wolves I’m not buzzing about like some. It just doesn’t always gel with these things.

Bournemouth are relying on the old magic of Howe making people better than they have been before and potential showing through. Look destined for a wobbly season, with their usual erratic form

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 10 Aug - 4:51; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Aug - 4:50

Which means I’ve left out Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Palace and Leicester

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 10 Aug - 7:58

Liverpool have supposedly strengthened with their signings but there's no guarantee that any of them will be a success. No guarantee that Salah will score 40 goals again this season either. They better hope that he didn't over achieve last season.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 10 Aug - 8:25

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I’m jury out on both. Mina was regarded as a better attacker than defender before a good World Cup, and I’m not sure the way he has been recycled by Barca is anything but worrying.

I agree the jury is out. We are definitely buying potential, but tbh if he had proven it in the Premier League, he would have been £50-60m in todays market, not £27m. His World Cup and age means he also is going to hold resale value back to Spain or Italy well if it doesn't work out.

You can also look at the fact Barca signed him in the first place and pushed through his deal earlier than originally planned as a hint at his ability.

Then with the signings of Vidal and Malcom (both clearly better players), and with Arthur (another potential star), they needed to clear out non-EU players. With Pique untouchable however poorly he plays, and Umtiti (clearly a better player than Mina), getting an offer for a non-EU CB who won't be first choice is a no brainer really.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 10 Aug - 10:03

Interesting to see Man Utd feeding the media with lines about how high the agent fees were for Mina and how they hope that it isn't setting a future market

The irony

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Aug - 10:12

Kind of, but they could loan him if they think he's worth keeping and developing. Not sure his value would stay either, cos if he's been pushed out by Barca then flopped at Everton, likely on high wages, I would guess he ends up in a Klaasen situation where you're cutting it off to try save wages.

Hey, it could work, but Everton have been a bit of a mess this window. Both Silva and Brands should have had better ideas earlier in the window, regardless of being new at the club. This is the bit they can do when unemployed or working elsewhere. Their ideas seemed to be a high fee on a player one knew, which I actually think is fair as that is something managers often do, and then late deadline work for players offered to them.

Very rare I will say this, and we will surely screw up because we have done things the right way and our luck is awful, but West Ham have done it the right way this summer. Early targets based on the manager's and the DoF's scouting and targets.

It could work out anyway, just cos these players could show the quality they have potential to show, but it might be more luck than judgement.

All in all, who knows?! Laugh

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 10 Aug - 10:42

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Kind of, but they could loan him if they think he's worth keeping and developing.

Only thing I'd add is Barcelona did add a buyback clause for Mina, which makes it almost a loan deal anyway.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Aug - 11:19

Marky wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Kind of, but they could loan him if they think he's worth keeping and developing.

Only thing I'd add is Barcelona did add a buyback clause for Mina, which makes it almost a loan deal anyway.

One that costs them though. They could loan him for £5m a season, most likely. If we can get £2.5m for loaning Hugill, I reckon they can get double for Mina.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 10 Aug - 11:26

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Very rare I will say this, and we will surely screw up because we have done things the right way and our luck is awful, but West Ham have done it the right way this summer. Early targets based on the manager's and the DoF's scouting and targets.

All in all, who knows?! Laugh

Yeah, we did that last summer. Lots of research and sealing deals early.

And they all flopped except Pickford. So it might feel like the right way, but footballers are human and any change of environment can have an unexpected effect.

We targeted Digne and Mina six weeks ago, and my worry with Mina is not that we didn't get the player we wanted, but more that we weren't the club Mina wanted and he ended up settling for us when the United move didn't materialise. Doesn't bode well if he does well and a big club comes in for him in January/next summer.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Aug - 11:36

To be fair, they targeted bloody awfully! You don't go away from the right way just cos you did it so badly, especially as they got rid of the two people who did it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 10 Aug - 11:43

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:To be fair, they targeted bloody awfully! You don't go away from the right way just cos you did it so badly, especially as they got rid of the two people who did it.

That's a fair point. We are assuming Everton did go away from the right way though, based on looking in from the outside. I have no idea how the real internal workings of any of these deals has worked and how much research they have done on the players they have.

Gomes (and potentially Zouma) appear last minute, but Gomes could have first been mentioned during our negotiations for Digne and Mina six weeks ago, and we have then since gone away and done our due diligence on him.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Aug - 12:09

Fair point. I think I'm just frustrated cos Everton could be cracking that top six, especially as they all seem so certain of their place at the top table that they don't even think about the chasing pack, so need to spend money right to burst that top six bubble that strangles the Premier League.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Fri 10 Aug - 13:21

Atila wrote:Liverpool have supposedly strengthened with their signings but there's no guarantee that any of them will be a success. No guarantee that Salah will score 40 goals again this season either. They better hope that he didn't over achieve last season.

I would be extremely surprised if Salah got near those figures again. Personally expect the front 3 to all be pretty close in terms of goals scored come the end of the season (20+ each). Hope I Am proved wrong though.

Delighted with all Liverpool's signings. But as you say, no guarantee any will be a success.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 10 Aug - 16:10

Kurt Zouma loan to Everton confirmed.

Happy with that one too. Young, quick and strong, with a leap like a salmon!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 2 Jan - 9:18

Resurrecting this, Pulisic to Chelsea for 64m
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Jan - 9:57

Not convinced on Pulisic. Chelsea just preparing for Hazard’s departure this summer

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 2 Jan - 11:47

Wolves are trying to buy Tammy Abraham, who'd be recalled from Villa
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Wed 2 Jan - 13:46

GSC wrote:Resurrecting this, Pulisic to Chelsea for 64m

Good potential, whether he reaches that or not we'll see

Off the pitch though its a very good signing. Poster boy for USMT, will likely make this money back and more in merch States side plus endorsement deals

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 3 Jan - 9:51

Smart business by Chelsea. Pulisic will sell many shirts in the states but they've signed him before the lose Hazard. Now they won't have to pay over the odds with the hazard transfer fee

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 3 Jan - 12:10

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:Smart business by Chelsea. Pulisic will sell many shirts in the states but they've signed him before the lose Hazard. Now they won't have to pay over the odds with the hazard transfer fee

They’ve paid over the odds anyway to be fair. £58 million for a guy sitting on the bench, who’s contract is up in 18 months and wants to leave? Phew. A lot is potential, but that is it so far.

Chelsea have a lot of work to do - they need a striker in the worst way, Willian + Pedro are over 30, Hazard’s future up in the air - plus an impending transfer ban. Might see a busy window from them. To go with no midfield depth (or real quality to start with) and full backs that don’t really suit Sarri at all. Fun times.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 3 Jan - 12:11

And I’m not sure about Chelsea planning for life without Hazard yet. If they had any foresight, we wouldn’t have signed Kepa for £70m last summer when he was available for £20m in January! They probably should be, but I don’t think they are that competent unfortunately.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 3 Jan - 14:16

I’m not even sure Sarri will still be there this summer. Doesn’t seem a natural fit at Chelsea. The club appoints serial winners, with a CV to match, and Sarri has neither. Worrying that he wasn’t even aware of the Pulisic deal, probably a result of Sarri’s man, Jorginho, being a rather uninspiring acquisition so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 3 Jan - 14:57

It’s how Chelsea do business. Conte complained of it, it has been their way for years.

Sarri surely will be fine. Likely top four, Roman has always wanted good football and Sarri wants that, plus he’s more a coach than a Fergie-style manager. Suits their structure

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 3 Jan - 16:34

Looks like Bailly wants to leave Manchester United and Sevilla are circling. Was really hoping Arsenal could get him as the defence is absolutely dreadful. Anyway wondering if Pogba's pal Koulibaly will be the replacement...

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jan - 17:01

Bournemouth sign striker Dominic Solanke from Liverpool in a £19m deal

picard

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 4 Jan - 20:39

Lot of money that for a 19 year old, or however old he is.

Think Defoe will do well at Rangers.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 4 Jan - 20:50

19m for Solanke seems reasonable for a striker
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 4 Jan - 21:26

Good economics on a deal like that. They’re bringing in a player on much less wages than Defoe and resell value on young English strikers means they’ll probably barely lose a thing if he flops

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 5 Jan - 13:28

Barcelona have signed Adrien Rabiot on a pre contract agreement.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 5 Jan - 13:40

GSC wrote:Wolves are trying to buy Tammy Abraham, who'd be recalled from Villa

Now going on loan, pending FIFA approval as he played in the community shield I think
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next