The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing Transfers thread

+29
Crimey
dyrewolfe
alfie
Soul Requiem
dummy_half
Geordie
daraghj82
Fluxy
JDizzle
kingraf
Duty281
Luke
GSC
Atila
Lowlandbrit
No name Bertie
superflyweight
BamBam
westisbest
Fernando
Nathaniel Jacobs
compelling and rich
gazzyD
Beer
LivinginItaly
lfc91
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Hero
33 posters

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Ongoing Transfers thread - Page 12 Empty Ongoing Transfers thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 May 2018, 8:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Klopp, who doesn’t spend money, looking to spend 60m on Fekir to go with 50m Keita

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 21 Jul 2020, 6:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Ongoing Transfers thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Ongoing Transfers thread

Post by GSC Sat 10 Aug 2019, 8:28 pm

it's a weird rule that stops teams addressing more
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 10 Aug 2019, 8:40 pm

GSC wrote:it's a weird rule that stops teams addressing more

yeah fulham fell foul of it last year

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Aug 2019, 8:58 pm

as did Liverpool
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Aug 2019, 9:01 pm

or city the year before that.

the justification seems to be that because Uniteds current management cant build a squad, they should stop trying? and that's a solution?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 10 Aug 2019, 9:22 pm

cant see where anyone has said that? we have signed two players who im fairly confident will be a big improvement on what we already have

feel free to suggest other players with which you could say that. bearing in mind availability and players willingness to sign considering we dont have champions league football.

we cant just keep chucking money at players hoping they'll be successful. we need some stability. signing young english players will hopefully help that

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Aug 2019, 11:08 pm

nobody's really arguing with the players United signed (bar quibbling over Maguires fee).

more your own manager started the summer talking about United had to be ruthless in reshaping the squad, and by the end of the summer they signed 2 first team players and another good prospect. while 3 first team players left and only 1 for a fee.

City and Liverpool can get away with quiet summers because they already spent to build world class squads, United have to spend money to get to that point if they want to do more than compete for 4th. and given the financial stability of the club, they should have that money to do so.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2019, 4:17 am

Interesting deal, Ivan Perisic joining Bayern Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 13 Aug 2019, 6:38 am

on loan so basically hes a stopgap to see if they revisit Sane next summer
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 13 Aug 2019, 7:31 am

GSC wrote:nobody's really arguing with the players United signed (bar quibbling over Maguires fee).

more your own manager started the summer talking about United had to be ruthless in reshaping the squad, and by the end of the summer they signed 2 first team players and another good prospect. while 3 first team players left and only 1 for a fee.

City and Liverpool can get away with quiet summers because they already spent to build world class squads, United have to spend money to get to that point if they want to do more than compete for 4th. and given the financial stability of the club, they should have that money to do so.
I've been hearing for the past few seasons that United have to be patient if they want to get back to the top, maybe they are now being patient. Myself, I do think they're a bit thin in the striker and midfield areas but I don't want them to rush out and waste money on some player just because he's available...United don't need another Sanchez. If they feel that Mason Greenwood is sufficient as a back up for Rashford and Martial, then that's OK with me. I have a feeling though that United will be buying again in the January transfer window.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2019, 8:57 pm

Monaco have completed the signing of Wissam Ben Yedder on a five-year deal. Fee €40m

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 17 Aug 2019, 6:14 am

Bayern Munich have agreed a deal to sign Coutinho on loan. Gotta go down as one of the worst transfers in Barcelona’s history. €142m paid then couldn’t even get a buyer at €80m just 18 months later.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 21 Jul 2020, 6:37 am

Ake to City for £35m

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Jul 2020, 6:43 am

Left footed so probably more backup to Laporte, but City need to rebuild the entire position group
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 21 Jul 2020, 6:48 am

Looks like Chelsea are closing in on Havertz, to go along with Werner and Ziyech. Fully behind the Football Manager-esque strategy of totally ignoring all defensive problems.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 25 Jul 2020, 1:12 am

Chelsea really resemble Liverpool in the early days of Klopp and like Liverpool won't be able to challenge without sorting out the defence and keeper. Interestingly, it feels as though those positions are actually more expensive to tackle at the moment than attacking signings.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 25 Jul 2020, 10:42 pm

Other bits:

WBA interested in free agent Jeremy Ngakia (formerly of West Ham)
Brighton want Lallana
West Ham hold interest in a buttload of players but need to sell.
Spurs and Everton seem to be fighting it out over Hojbjerg

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jul 2020, 2:55 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Brighton want Lallana

Done deal. Three-year contract.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Jul 2020, 7:33 pm

Just John wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Brighton want Lallana

Done deal. Three-year contract.

Good signing if he can stay fit. Brighton do have an incredibly slow midfield though and Lallana won't help. Based on his games this year, I think he'd be best played as a deep lying playmaker in the Pirlo mould. He's not effective enough further forward.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 27 Jul 2020, 7:49 pm

We’ve been linked with Benrahma again.
Be a decent signing. No worse that what we have.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 27 Jul 2020, 8:37 pm

Crimey wrote:Chelsea really resemble Liverpool in the early days of Klopp and like Liverpool won't be able to challenge without sorting out the defence and keeper. Interestingly, it feels as though those positions are actually more expensive to tackle at the moment than attacking signings.

Chelsea’s main defensive targets seem to be in the PL in Rice and Chilwell, so not a surprise the attacking business has been done first. I actually disagree on the GK - Kepa is definitely done now, but there should be plenty of ‘bargains’ (£20m - £30m) if they just use their brains who would be night and day to Kepa.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Jul 2020, 9:00 pm

JDizzle wrote:
Crimey wrote:Chelsea really resemble Liverpool in the early days of Klopp and like Liverpool won't be able to challenge without sorting out the defence and keeper. Interestingly, it feels as though those positions are actually more expensive to tackle at the moment than attacking signings.

Chelsea’s main defensive targets seem to be in the PL in Rice and Chilwell, so not a surprise the attacking business has been done first. I actually disagree on the GK - Kepa is definitely done now, but there should be plenty of ‘bargains’ (£20m - £30m) if they just use their brains who would be night and day to Kepa.

Apparently Andre Onana is available for £30 million which they should be looking at. Keeper is such a difficult role to recruit for, Kepa was very highly regarded before they signed him. Pickford looked good at Sunderland and he's really dropped off. Look at De Gea as well. The drop off for keepers is so noticeable and damaging I don't envy recruitment teams trying to pick them up. It doesn't even seem to correlate with age or injuries like outfield positions often do.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 27 Jul 2020, 11:56 pm

All the stats nerds hated the Kepa signing at the time to be fair. Reckoned he was a below average keeper and Bilbao, and they have proven to be very correct. Onana is definitely the favourite, Rajkovic from Reims is highly rated and a few others dotted around Europe and Turkey at around £20m-£30m. Rather that than drop £100m on Oblak* and risk him flaming out like Kepa.

*although Madrid owe Chelsea £60m for Morata, so not sure if that could be levied into getting Oblak cheaper.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2020, 8:40 pm

Monies owner can’t be used towards a buy out clause as per La Liga regulations. If Chelsea wants Jan Oblak(best in the world) they have to pay £109m

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 Jul 2020, 9:01 pm

Max Aarons linked heavily to a move to either Bayern or Leverkusen, and we've added a couple of young RBs as well the past few days...so I think it's a case of where he goes rather than if he will now.

Be a great move for him if he can go to either of those. Would imagine we'd quite like an English club in for him, as they'd likely pay a bit more for the homegrown element...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Jul 2020, 10:15 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Max Aarons linked heavily to a move to either Bayern or Leverkusen, and we've added a couple of young RBs as well the past few days...so I think it's a case of where he goes rather than if he will now.

Be a great move for him if he can go to either of those. Would imagine we'd quite like an English club in for him, as they'd likely pay a bit more for the homegrown element...

I could have seen Liverpool going for him if it wasn't for Covid and the emergence of Covid-19. Tottenham might be interested - they've only got Aurier as a natural right back.

How much do you think he'll cost?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 Jul 2020, 10:33 pm

Crimey wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Max Aarons linked heavily to a move to either Bayern or Leverkusen, and we've added a couple of young RBs as well the past few days...so I think it's a case of where he goes rather than if he will now.

I could have seen Liverpool going for him if it wasn't for Covid and the emergence of Covid-19. Tottenham might be interested - they've only got Aurier as a natural right back.

I'd imagine we'd accept something around £20-25m up front, with a bunch of clauses/add ons for down the line if he makes international appearances etc. Think Webber has said any offers below £20m for our young players will be dismissed immediately.

I've actually heard for a while Liverpool liked Cantwell a lot as a Lallana/Ox homegrown replacement, but that was pre-Covid so not sure if they will be reigning in their spending or looking for a cheaper alternate elsewhere because of C19
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jul 2020, 7:47 pm

Man City agree £41m fee for Nathan Ake.

Joel Veltman to Brighton for £900k is good business

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 31 Jul 2020, 12:50 am

reckon the Sancho deal will rumble all summer. rumours he wants to go Liverpool but cant see Liverpool getting involved. as they cant afford him and don't particularly need him either. fairly confident united can pull this one off as I cant see too much competition around for him

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Fri 31 Jul 2020, 8:02 pm

compelling and rich wrote:reckon the Sancho deal will rumble all summer. rumours he wants to go Liverpool but cant see Liverpool getting involved. as they cant afford him and don't particularly need him either. fairly confident united can pull this one off as I cant see too much competition around for him

Think whatever klopp may say in public he would love to have him at Liverpool, Salah Mane and Sancho competing for the 2 wide spots would be a great problem too have. But as you say, liverpool can't afford it. Also imagine he will want to be guaranteed 1st team which he won't get right away with Liverpool.

First plausible rumour I have seen so far for Liverpool is Lloyd Kelly from Bournemouth. Young, cover for LB and CB, and would imagine the money from Lovren sale would cover large chunk of the cost so fits the sell to buy approach.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 31 Jul 2020, 8:45 pm

Anything is possible but I'd be surprised given they're selling Ake l, Kelly has been playing that position well to replace him

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Fri 31 Jul 2020, 9:27 pm

A fair point that I hadn't actually considered.

I guess we are back to no rumours involving Liverpool thar are really plausible.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Fri 31 Jul 2020, 9:40 pm

compelling and rich wrote:reckon the Sancho deal will rumble all summer. rumours he wants to go Liverpool but cant see Liverpool getting involved. as they cant afford him and don't particularly need him either. fairly confident united can pull this one off as I cant see too much competition around for him

Personally I think the sancho wants Liverpool rumours are bogus.

Its a typical United transfer saga, for some reason every year we insist on doing deals playing poker through the media and the other clubs love it because Ed obviously doesn't have a poker face as always loses the face off and pays what the other team wants.

For me, the sancho wants Liverpool rumour is nothing more than a tactic to get more money from United because they know if they stand their ground long enough they'll get it

Last 3 players we've signed, Ed has tried to haggle over the money involved and every time its dragged out for weeks and months only for him to end up paying the asking price

This isn't me saying that at this moment liverpool arent a more attractive proposition than us, just ive seen this headline before in previous transfer sagas involving united

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 31 Jul 2020, 9:48 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Crimey wrote:

I'd imagine we'd accept something around £20-25m up front, with a bunch of clauses/add ons for down the line if he makes international appearances etc. Think Webber has said any offers below £20m for our young players will be dismissed immediately.

I've actually heard for a while Liverpool liked Cantwell a lot as a Lallana/Ox homegrown replacement, but that was pre-Covid so not sure if they will be reigning in their spending or looking for a cheaper alternate elsewhere because of C19

I'm going to guess that Cantwell is off the table because of the likely cost and because Curtis Jones has stepped up to first team level better than expected. I think Jones will take Lallana's place in the squad - albeit missing the leadership qualities. 

Only signing expected will be cheap replacement for Lovren in the Klavan mode. Any younger players to fill that role are going to be too expensive. 

Very frustrating that Liverpool's best period of success in 30 years comes at the same time as a global pandemic, limiting what can be spent. I'd rather FSG concentrated on club stability than chasing big deals now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 03 Aug 2020, 11:43 pm

Willian turns down two year deal at Chelsea, looking like Arsenal are very keen

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 03 Aug 2020, 11:52 pm

Superb news for Chelsea. Arsenal paying huge money to 31 year old Willian and 31 year old Auba on three year deals would be a strategy for sure.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Tue 04 Aug 2020, 12:24 am

Dortmund have set a deadline for Sancho to be agreed by 10 August

Unwilling to budge on their asking price of £109m but would be happy to agree a lower initial fee (around £60m) and have the rest paid in installments

Game has gone mental. Money is outrageous

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 04 Aug 2020, 2:35 am

Actually think Willian is a good pick up for Arsenal if they get him. Lovely player.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 04 Aug 2020, 4:25 am

Willian flatters to deceive an awful lot of the time. Think it speaks volumes this is his best season in terms of goals for Chelsea with 9 in the league purely because he gets to take penalties now.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Tue 04 Aug 2020, 5:57 am

Sanchez to Inter all but done. Inter will pay no fee for the player but absorb the paying of his wages that was still due to him under his United deal

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Wed 05 Aug 2020, 2:13 am

Acxording to Romano, Ferran Torres to City is done. Medical passed and 5 year contract signed.

27m with addons

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2020, 4:43 am

Kyle Walker Peters to Southampton for £12m. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg going the other way to Spurs for £15m

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 05 Aug 2020, 5:10 am

Done bloody well to get £12m for KWP

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 06 Aug 2020, 5:45 am

City sign Ake for 41m with Koulibaly the other CB target
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 06 Aug 2020, 7:00 am

It seems that Manchester United and Alexis Sanchez's time together has come to an end. Reports are that Sanchez is signing a permanent deal with Inter Milan.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 06 Aug 2020, 7:52 am

United cancelling his deal and he'll sign for Inter on a free
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2020, 7:27 pm

Manchester City supposedly will move for Koulibaly and Joao Felix - the latter with a move valued at £80m. This seems pie in the Sky when Atletico paid £113m just last year and reported rejected €150m in January from an unnamed club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 06 Aug 2020, 7:54 pm

And with it confirmation that FFP is completely dead.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Soul Requiem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 06 Aug 2020, 8:21 pm

Good
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 08 Aug 2020, 4:53 am

Heavily linked with Ollie Watkins & Said Benrahma. If reports are to be believed, a deal for both is close.

We are looking at signing Abraham to. Be great if we could get him, but it is a big step down and he would be pretty expensive.

Need to bolster the defence a bit to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 08 Aug 2020, 4:58 am

Watkins be a good signing anywhere across the top 3. Not convinced benrahma isn't another taarabt
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next