The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of season - week 18 presser

+4
Fernando
Afro
BamBam
Good Golly I'm Olly
8 posters

Go down

End of season - week 18 presser Empty End of season - week 18 presser

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Jul 2018, 10:58 am

1. Who wins the league - Twist or Hero?

2. Who has been signing of the season for you, and in the league generally?

3. What has been your best match of the season?

4. Moment of the season?

5. Give us an evaluation of season two of the league from your perspective - how has using Fifa worked? Is it better? What other innovative ideas could we use going forward? Sure there are many other things to comment on too!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

End of season - week 18 presser Empty Re: End of season - week 18 presser

Post by BamBam Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:09 am

Given he can afford to draw and still win - gotta be Hero. Think on balance he's had the best team this season, and looks like he's going to win it with the most wins and most goals scored, so fair enough.

For me, probably Kante - when he's had a good game I've generally won, and have only lost once with him in the team

Across the league its probably Bale if he's going to lead his side to the title as top scorer

There's been a few where its all clicked, the first game against Hero, and the last couple have been strong performances. My team doesn't really score many goals, but tends to dominate possession and starve the other team of chances

4. Moment of the season?

Either Ribery deciding to do a Panenka in the 90th min of week 1 or Handanovic equalising in the 93rd min - coincidentally both went against Phoenix furious

5. Give us an evaluation of season two of the league from your perspective - how has using Fifa worked? Is it better? What other innovative ideas could we use going forward? Sure there are many other things to comment on too!

I've liked FIFA and think there's been much more interest in getting tactics in on time, and a tactical edge to signings too. I was frustrated with the amount of draws my team played out, and the randomness of some of the brainfarts my team was having, but overall its definitely better than votes for me

I think using in game injuries and / or cards is the next step

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:24 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:1. Who wins the league - Twist or Hero?

4. Moment of the season?

1. For me, Hero wins. He has had two 3-0 wins in a row and clearly has his tactics working well for his team. I think Twist has done brilliantly, but feel Hero has the best side and deserves the win.

2. Bale. He has been a revelation and I can see why Hero got in there quickly. Even though he's not top scorer like Bam thinks (1 goal behind Reus) Whistle

3. Of my matches, clearly the 5-0 win over Hero stands out. it was the game where my tactics finally clicked. Also the 4-4 draw against Olly was a great game to watch.

4. Handanovic 's goal against Phoenix to salvage a draw.

5. I have really enjoyed it and think it has been a huge step up in the game. It has really engaged everyone in the game again. I think using cards and injuries in game is the next obvious step, although I am not sure whether we transfer this into suspensions and the injuries for the following week.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:33 am

1. Who wins the league - Twist or Hero? - Hero too far ahead to balls this up

CR7 just cos never usually get the chance to have him

3. What has been your best match of the season? the ones where Ribery paneka'd a penalty over the bar in 90th min vs me

4. Moment of the season?

Big Sammy Handanovic banging in an equalizer vs Bam

Ive not enjoyed it too much tbf just found a tactic and left it for 8 weeks now the XI changes but that's it really.

Needs something to spice it up a bit.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:58 am

Probably Hero, he has a knack of undeservedly winning titles Laugh

For me, Vincent Kompany has been solid. In generally, I'd say Bale for how he's transformed Hero's season

3-2 defeat to Hero, would have been even better had the injury time equaliser happened instead of being saved

4. Moment of the season?
Smashing Twist out of nowhere to end his unbeaten run, I'd hoped it would have lead to bigger things, unfortunately not!

It's been good. I'd use cards and injuries in games, wouldn't make injuries rollover to the following week (they'd just mean that player missed the rest of the game) but cards could definitely play a part, 1 game ban for 3 yellows or 1 red.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 30 Jul 2018, 2:49 pm

Hoping me but cannot take anything for granted or play for a draw. Twist has for 17 weeks shown himself to be a worthy champion with a squad many thought wouldn't keep up the pace yet goes into the final week still with a strong chance of winning it. If he wins it I wouldn't begrudge it at all.

Bale. Been so influential in my games and turned a number of draws into wins. Been impressed with Kante for Bam but that's a given. Shout out to Jordan Lukaku for Twist and Balotelli for Marky.

The 3-2 win over Marky sticks out as memorable.

4. Moment of the season?

Handanovic's goal, Bale's odd celebration or Reus's ability to make the ball float.

Much preferred it despite the leg work it entails.

Wondering if commentary could be involved for games ie me talking over them rather than Alan Smith. Even better if it could be a couple of people doing it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jul 2018, 7:30 pm

Can I change my moment of the season to one from the Tino v Olly game just played!?!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 31 Jul 2018, 7:48 pm

I cried in laughter at it

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jul 2018, 7:49 pm

I went back and watched it again, and was still crying with laughter.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 31 Jul 2018, 11:50 pm

I think it will be Hero too. No arguements from me about him having the better squad. Only positives I have is I beat him in the last match (super Jesse) and I think finishing 2nd is a big achievement for me anyway.

I think Almiron has popped up with some important goals and assists for me. Bale was a very good signing but it is where Hero is playing him that is causing the rewards.

Beating Marky last week 3 nil. I have had loads of games where I have had the lions share of possession but it is the first game I feel I have really dominated.

4. Moment of the season?

Got to be the crazy horse impression in WSW v CCM

I think as a first season it has been successful and gave us a really good starting point to build on. I think it is better, fairer and I would argue more enjoyable. I think bringing in cards and injuries will take it to the next level.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 01 Aug 2018, 2:14 am

Both of them deserve to win it Hug But as there can only be one winner I choose Bale FC.

Bale no contest.

When tino destroyed me with his pace abusers. It was a good game.

4. Moment of the season?
I have not watched enough matches to comment on this but I did watch the Handanovic goal. Was great.

Everyone has enjoyed it which is great news. This league has been years in the making and I'm glad it's been a success. Well done to everyone for doing a top job! I salute you Hug
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down