The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week eight presser II

+7
Dolphin Ziggler
BamBam
Trebs
Hero
Azzy
Renege
Marky
11 posters

Go down

Week eight presser II Empty Week eight presser II

Post by Marky Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:53 am

1. Hope you had a good Christmas. Did you get everything you wanted? If so, what, if not why not?

2. What was your cheese of choice this Christmas?

3. Attend any actual football/sport this Christmas period? Or just stayed an armchair fan?

4. What's your New Years Resolution as a manager?

5. Any new signings you're excited by? Be it here or in real life for your team.

6. Any players in particular or positions you want filled at your club this January transfer window?

7. Where in the world would you take your squad for warm weather training if we had a winter break?

8. Where in the world do you want to visit that you've never been to before?

9. What has four legs and ticks?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Week eight presser II Empty Re: Week eight presser II

Post by Renege Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:22 am

1. Never anything exciting on my list these days, Christmas dinner ranks well above presents for me. Got a tablet to watch tv on my commute and otherwise clothes. Thrilling.

2. Apricot wendsleydale, nice and light, ideal because I stuffed my face!

3. Always try get to a Gers game when I’m in Glasgow, went to the Hibs game on Boxing Day, top day out on the beer but a rubbish performance and game so not the best atmosphere during the game even though it was a full house. Couldn’t get tickets for Old Firm, but the result more than made up for the Hibs game!

4. Not to dish out any cliches.

5. Jermaine Defoe and Steve Davis, golden oldies hopefully lead us to glory in the league  Yahoo 

6. Gers have done some good business nice and early. On here we’ll go for a cb and a fb or two.

7. Canary Islands, sun, not a long flight, and plenty boozers to let loose in.

8. Got a long list, Asia or South America, Mexico or Vietnam probably rank highest.

9. An old school alarm clock?

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:42 am

1. Hope you had a good Christmas. Did you get everything you wanted? If so, what, if not why not?
I did, thanks. It's not Terry's, it's mine.

I am allergic to cheese. You are such an insensitive gouda.

3. Attend any actual football/sport this Christmas period? Or just stayed an armchair fan?
I've watched one game of football on TV since the world cup - I don't like the sport anymore.

Only to beat Olly for the second time this season.

5. Any new signings you're excited by? Be it here or in real life for your team.
West Brom signed Mason Holgate on loan, which is brilliant for my Football Manager plans.

6. Any players in particular or positions you want filled at your club this January transfer window?
If we're talking Albion, I want rid of Tosin Adarabioyo. The kid isn't cut out for the Championship, never mind Man City. They should let him move abroad.

7. Where in the world would you take your squad for warm weather training if we had a winter break?
Finland. Make them suffer, and appreciate the mild weather when they come back home to Blighty.

New Zealand. I once tried to pitch a travel show to a TV company where me and my mate would recreate Lord of the Rings, riding, walking and paddling across the country and visiting all the filming locations. They said no.

A dog that ate a bomb?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:42 am

1. I didn’t get Karen Gillan and Gemma Chan as hoped, had to make do with an Amazon Echo. So far it has been hijacked by my youngest son who asks it every question that pops into his head, if there is the chance of an apocalyptic uprising of AI computers it’ll be because our Echo is simply fed up with his constant questioning.
2. Into French creamy blue cheese atm, spreadable mould is all kinds of win.
3. Attended all the Macc Town home games, didn’t venture to an away one though.
4. To not be tempted into short termism purchases, eventually the plan will pay off (although Bam and ROF may well strike it bigger currently).
5. Think all the new additions to FIFA from the update that are worth getting are already now in the league, Bam snaffled Greenwood and Fluxy nabbed the two other decent ones, I managed to get Faivre but that was about it. Yearwood for 50k I’m hoping is a decent punt, thought of as the lower league Kante.
6. For Macc RL there will hopefully be a few incoming now we have Sol in charge, with injuries we only managed to have 5 on the bench at the weekend so expecting a striker and a centre mid in.
7. Saudi Arabia, can’t get any booze and if they misbehave they’ll get their hands chopped off.
8. Booked for Egypt this year but my two places at the top of my bucket list are Chile and Japan.
9. A suicide hamster.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:29 am

I didn't get everything I wanted, but I'm not sure what the reason was. The presents I bought were well received, which is the main thing I suppose.

None - I feel sick if I eat anything with cheese in.

I don't usually attend anything over Christmas, as none of the family have any interest in football or anything really. Got a few games planned to attend soon though.

To try and cheer up a little.

Not particularly. I don't think that United will be signing anyone this window, it would be crazy to do that anyway.

I haven't done any scouting for this, so nothing much really - I'll leave the scouting jobs to the appropriate members of staff.

I guess down to Cornwall would be nice - but I think it's better to do it artificially in the climate chambers.

I just want to be able to leave the country and go anywhere to be honest. Long story. There's a long list of places, but I'd probably start with Europe, places like Italy and Germany.

We will never know unfortunately.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 am

Did you have to surrender your passport for being a nonce Trebs?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 am

I wanted money, but my Father bought me a robot that links to Alexa instead.

Brie and Cranberry

I've been West Ham a few times, they've all been stinkers. 

Trust the process: eat more processed foods.

Lee Grant, still.

Would love a spare striker. Gabigol in particular.

Australia cos I've already got a return ticket anyway.

Viva Las Vegas

I'd wager some variety of walking clock

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:45 am

Got very few presents, but they were all things that I quite like but I wouldn't have bought myself, can't complain too much

Brie with crackers, had a lovely camembert which went down an absolute treat on Boxing Day

Mainly armchair, but I did manage to get down to the local park to watch the team my friend manages on the Sunday between Xmas and NY. Suffice to say, after the indulgence, the standard was not very high

Learn how to set up a defence

I'm mainly excited to see who I can get in that is likely to get an increase in TM value ahead of next season. Had a decent start in that regard, but would very much like to see Greenwood get a chance, the lad looks special

I'd like to bring in a new full back and a better quality in central midfield

Probably Dubai - the coke and hookers would be a welcome treat after a hard day's training

Thailand is on my list for this year, I'd also like to go to New York

Olly's sister filling in a form

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:50 am

BamBam wrote:Did you have to surrender your passport for being a nonce Trebs?

No mate, it's a Frak hilarious story about what a disgrace the Home Office in this country is.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:16 am

Splendid, didn't really need anything in particular however the kids got spoilt as usual.

Can't really say I'm a cheese connoisseur, probably ate my body weight in mince pies though.

Didn't get out to attend any but got to enjoy a fair few from the comfort of the sofa.

To uncover the next wonderkid who's going to be worth a boatload of money in the not too distant future

Francisco Montero has featured a few times for Atletico recently and with Godin seemingly off in the summer I'm hoping he can nail down a starting spot. Whilst its more likely they'll just purchase a new CB I'm hoping the fact he's rocking the Edgar Davids shades will swing things in his favour.

Whilst not a priority I wouldn't mind either a new back up keeper or LB being brought in, Mignolet and Moreno fill me with dread when called upon.

Cancun

Cancun, spring break.

Last seasons Champions League semi-finals, had four legs and ticked all the right boxes. Shame about the final though Crying or Very sad

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:05 am

I must be difficult to buy for tbh, coz I tend to just shrug and "say nothing really" when asked. I also got an Echo and same as Hero it is largely occupied by kids asking it to tell them jokes, or questions from their Harry Potter Quiz book.

Wensleydale with Cranberries every time. Got to be the reason for 50% of my weight gain over Xmas.

Not this year. My armchair was well used.

No change in approach. I am at the point where I have a nice foundation to continue to be competitive this season. The plan is, and always has been, to now start buying with the future in mind.

Well Everton haven't signed anyone yet, nor do they look like doing so. On here, Mahachi is the one I am most excited/curious about. Problem is deciding his best position.

We could do with a striker to allow Richarlison to play out wide where he is more effective. I would also like Walcott's position filled by someone else, even if it is someone else already at the club. And then working out how to persuade Vlasic that he should come back after the loan.

Cuba. Best place I have had the luck to visit, with fantastic people. Or Mexico. Had a really good summer holiday there and would gladly go back tomorrow.

Somewhere like Kenya or Botswana. I really want to do a safari. Its a toss up between that, or going to NZ for a Lions tour

Tim Howard and his mate from the tourettes group?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:19 am

I think so. Got South Park "The Fractured But Whole" on the Switch, which is about all I fancied. Plenty of stuff I didn't need.

Red Leicester. Severely underrated, but I had so much of it on crackers this Christmas.

I failed to attend any games, sadly. Although I didn't miss much. Crawley have won 2 from 2 in January but didn't win throughout December Laugh

To not take defeats personally

Crawley in real life have brought in a few already, if we get Danny Rose (not that one) then I'd be satisfied with our January. On here, Hamza Choudhury excites me.

We seem to be doing it already, but we were in desperate need for a new defender, new midfielder and new forward. Can't complain.

Lanzarote, warm but breezy, only a four hour flight, relatively calm and party free for a Spanish speaking island, and I think Easyjet fly there so good for the old budget.

Las Vegas, but only if I can share the flight (both ways) with Dolph, so that I can annoy him throughout.

You're all wrong. It was my dog.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:28 am

I got a Real Madrid mug as my best present. Don't really need it as I've already got 2 but yolo.

The cheese they put on a cheeseburger.

No. I was tempted to go to one of Bradford City's home game but the cold weather put me off.

I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test,
To train them is my cause

Will be looking forward to seeing how Brahim Diaz does at Real. Hopefully he gets some playing time.

I want Mbappe. If not him then hazard would suffice.

My players don't deserve a holiday. They will be home in Crewe doing twice the training.

Where ever destiny takes me.

As Sun Tzu once famously said "If an enemy base is fortified, use a trogan horse to deceive the enemy. Fill it with explosives and watch the enemy get demolished "
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:44 am

It was decent, managed to get away to Bulgaria for NYE for skiing, bloody cheap out there!

There is a lot of local cheese that is brilliant, Isle of Wight Blue is delicious. 

None, didn't need to leave the house when you're warm and it's on a massive tv!

Consistency. Finally found a winning formula, just need to back it up week in, week out. 

I like the look of the last two lads I brought in Danilo and Caqueret. Both look like handy players, and hopefully, they will gain some value in the next few months. 

Leeds need to sign another keeper and perhaps someone to fill Saiz shoes. 

Carlisle is warm, so that should suffice. 

New Zealand is up there now, alongside South Africa. Vancouver and another trip to the US would cool as well. 

Week eight presser II 7vA6Co

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:53 am

nadeem2099 wrote:9. What has four legs and ticks?
As Sun Tzu once famously said "If an enemy base is fortified, use a trogan horse to deceive the enemy. Fill it with explosives and watch the enemy get demolished "
Ah yes, that well-known trogan horse from ancient times Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down