The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post - Day of Reckoning Presser

+6
President Trump
Beer
Enforcer
Marky
BlueDragon1205
JJJohnson
10 posters

Go down

Post - Day of Reckoning Presser Empty Post - Day of Reckoning Presser

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 7:14 am

As ever JJ Johnson faced the media to take questions following the massively successful 6CWF Day of Reckoning PLE...

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post - Day of Reckoning Presser Empty Re: Post - Day of Reckoning Presser

Post by BlueDragon1205 Mon 11 Mar 2024, 8:05 am

Hi Mr Johnson..
Craig from 'The ZoomZoom Podcast'..

With the current state of 6CWF being in flux, following your return with the 'coalition', what do you personally think 6CWF has in store over the next few weeks leading into Night of Glory IX? 

Also how do you think those who came up short in the Gateway to Glory match are feeling right now, namely the man who gave his opportunity to the roster, Blue Dragon....
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 11 Mar 2024, 8:19 am

Hi, Dennis D'Menace, from The Beano

How many of the Gateway to Glory returnees are back full time?

Specifically aimed at the likes of Mike Masters, O'Callaghan and Enforcer

Marky

Bentyf1 and acer101 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 8:22 am

BlueDragon1205 wrote:Hi Mr Johnson..
Craig from 'The ZoomZoom Podcast'..

With the current state of 6CWF being in flux, following your return with the 'coalition', what do you personally think 6CWF has in store over the next few weeks leading into Night of Glory IX? 

Also how do you think those who came up short in the Gateway to Glory match are feeling right now, namely the man who gave his opportunity to the roster, Blue Dragon....

Appreciate the questions, Craig.

Firstly my priority and the priority of my team is ensuring the future of 6CWF and continuing to provide the best possible product for our amazing fans. Unfortunately, sometimes we cannot keep the issues in the boardroom off of the live TV product and that is what we are seeing right now. But I am extremely confident that 6CWF will continue to excel and break records. The goal and the reasoning behind my return will become clear over the next few weeks but I have to let the legal teams do their bit behind the scenes before I say anything concrete.

Of course I'd like to make sure that 6CWF runs as smoothly as possible and that the build up to Night of Glory isn't hindered or overshadowed by anything else that is playing out. Again, I can't say too much at this very moment in time but I am hoping that come next week (March 18th) I will be able to make a number of announcements that will, at least, clear up 6CWF's short term future.

As for your second question; well it's pretty simple....it's all to play for. Of course when you have a match like the Gateway to Glory you are going to have 29 disappointed guys at the end of it, only 1 can leave victorious. So whether it's Blue Dragon, who cashed in his "Key to the Kingdom" shot, or Logan Kincade....Geoff Steel, Dicey Reilly, Rex Adamson.....all of these guys are going to be cursing their luck, looking for answers, some of them will be making excuses....but this is "Night of Glory" season and this is not the time to be feeling sorry for yourself...

This, undoubtedly, is the most stacked, talented, roster that has ever been amassed in this company and the opportunities are there for everyone....but if you do not stand up and be counted and seize your chance then I guarantee someone else will....

That is my message to the entire roster....if you are disappointed about what happened at Day of Reckoning then do something about it.....you've got five shows to stake your claim...five dates in the diary to make an impact, make a statement and prove that you belong in one of the marquee positions at Night of Glory IX....

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 8:30 am

Marky wrote:Hi, Dennis D'Menace, from The Beano

How many of the Gateway to Glory returnees are back full time?

Specifically aimed at the likes of Mike Masters, O'Callaghan and Enforcer

Dennis, great to see you. Love your work

Enforcer - that's a full time contract. We were delighted to get one over the line just hours before night one of "Day of Reckoning". We flew him out to Las Vegas and he signed the same day, then we got him involved in the Gateway to Glory.

Mike Masters is certainly with us up and through Night of Glory, hopefully longer. Mike was a big part of 6CW's success following it's rebirth in 2013 and he was definitely someone we chased since last May. As everyone saw during his appearance in the Gateway he is still very much a top tier athlete.....naturally as soon as he knew Scott Harris would be competing he signed with us....I guess you can all do the math on what Masters wants during this run with the company.

O'Callaghan is very much open air. Look we all love the guy....flamboyant, arrogant and extremely skilled....he's had some injuries in the past, some other issues but right now he is here and we are delighted that he is....there isn't a contract in play yet, it's very much a pay by appearance kind of thing....but we'd love him back full time....this company wants the best talent and OC fits the bill......if O'Callaghan sees a long term future with 6CWF then we will most certainly do everything in our power to make that a reality.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 11 Mar 2024, 8:34 am

With Enforcer back on a full-time contract, do you regret calling Trash TV over rated in your last presser?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 11 Mar 2024, 8:46 am

Clarke James from Clarke James Weekly.

Not a question but more of a statement.

I'm going to **** you and your ******* coalition **** buddies up when I get the ******* chance you sanctimonious group of utter ****wads.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 8:47 am

Enforcer wrote:With Enforcer back on a full-time contract, do you regret calling Trash TV over rated in your last presser?

Thanks for the question

Absolutely not. If I had to retract statements every time we signed someone new to a contract then that's all I'd spend my time doing because at some point, over the years, I have probably commented on every talent.

And you need to take that into context because Enforcer and Trash TV are two completely separate entities......Trash TV, rightfully so, are Hall of Famers and I don't think there is anyone who will deny the impact they had in 6WF during 2008-2010. That being said I do think, at times, the influence they held became harmful to the product and I don't hold them on the same kind of pedestal that others do. But I am more than man enough to accept that they were beloved by many and that my opinion is just that, an opinion. I didn't really care for DX either during either of their WWE runs so that shows my kind of thinking....

But Enforcer is not defined by Trash TV and, to be honest, whilst I can't speak for him I would find it disrespectful if anyone did define him as such. Big E was on his way to being a star from the get-go in '08 during his brief stint in The Dynasty and once he left Trash TV to cut his own path in 6WF is when, I believe, the shackles were removed and we truly saw the best of him. His feud with Hero and his dominant spell with Cassius Zhi as duel world champions and tag champs was legendary.

This is a man that then made the jump to 6CW and his feuds with Liam Wood & Thunder showed his adaptability. This is one of the few men to hold world championships in both companies, that feat alone speaks for itself.

I spoke with E and I'm sure that if he had any issues with my comments he would have told me, he knows he has my ear and I am always approachable. This is one of the best talents in the last 16 years of our doors being open and him being signed to this company once more should be a cause for serious celebration. I am extremely confident that he will, once again, show his class and take 6CWF by storm.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 8:49 am

Beer wrote:Clarke James from Clarke James Weekly.

Not a question but more of a statement.

I'm going to **** you and your ******* coalition **** buddies up when I get the ******* chance you sanctimonious group of utter ****wads.

Bring it, b1tch

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 11 Mar 2024, 1:21 pm

As I look over the media room, I lock eyes with JJ Johnson and think to myself “I hope he doesn’t recognise me in this disguse, I paid $2 for these glasses”

Hi Mr Johnson, Dicey…sh1t..I mean Daniel….boll0x…sorry I am just nervous….Rachel Reilly here, Irish Wrestling Zine, Online addition

I look into JJ’s eyes as the sweat rolls down the crack of my arse

I would like to ask with the alliance winning against Genesis can Max and Dicey get medical cover for unseen medical issues?

As I say the word issues my rash starts to itch like a thousand beards rubbing against my crotch but it was worth it…or was it

President Trump

Marky and Bentyf1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 1:47 pm

President Trump wrote:As I look over the media room, I lock eyes with JJ Johnson and think to myself “I hope he doesn’t recognise me in this disguse, I paid $2 for these glasses”

Hi Mr Johnson, Dicey…sh1t..I mean Daniel….boll0x…sorry I am just nervous….Rachel Reilly here, Irish Wrestling Zine, Online addition

I look into JJ’s eyes as the sweat rolls down the crack of my arse

I would like to ask with the alliance winning against Genesis can Max and Dicey get medical cover for unseen medical issues?

As I say the word issues my rash starts to itch like a thousand beards rubbing against my crotch but it was worth it…or was it

Hi Rachel. Sorry you look awfully familiar but I just can't think from where

Naturally all our stars are covered for any injury that may occur during working hours. If this "unforeseen" medical issue happened "out of office" then we would need to have a conversation about the hows, wheres and whys. If 6CWF deemed it so, and considering Max & Dicey are two of our esteemed roster members who would never do anything to bring this company into disrepute, I'm sure an agreement could be reached.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

President Trump and Bentyf1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Mon 11 Mar 2024, 2:28 pm

"Hi, JJ, Daily telegraph sports reporter, Michael McNeil. First of all, welcome back and good to see you back in the business. My question is with the success and boom that professional wrestling is currently experiencing both in 6CWF and other organisations, how does 6CWF continue expanding across the world? And can you tell us the location of night of glory 2024 and if it will be spread over two nights as was Day of Reckoning here in Las Vegas. Thank you"

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 11 Mar 2024, 2:28 pm

Do you have a list of all GTG entrants and who they were eliminated by?

Marky

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 11 Mar 2024, 2:35 pm

Afternoon, JJ. Reverend Cyril L Porthnall here from the 'Factions From the Bible' fanclub.

Your rivalry with Clarke James promises to reignite with your return, are you able to comment on claims he called you an 'uppity, smug faced little b*tch' following Day of Reckoning? Also, there have been a lot of groans regarding The Saint returning for the 187th time. Do we know how long he will be around? Many have suggested he is close to catching Big Show in terms of heel/face turns, do you think once he gets that record his will finally as Clarke James put it '**** off and take his boring ass back to whatever rock his only fan in the world lives'?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Bentyf1 and DP like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 2:46 pm

Marky wrote:Do you have a list of all GTG entrants and who they were eliminated by?

Order of Entrance:
1: Rex Adamson
2: Uryu Ishida
3: Mike Hill
4: Ojore
5: O’Callaghan (Return)
6: Blade
7: James McManus
8: Chris Patricks
9: Fanatic
10: Geoff Steel
11: Jerome Dubois
12: Robin Reborn
13: Blue Dragon
14: The Saint
15: Clarke James
16: Cobra
17: Scott Harris
18: Acer
19: Liam Wood
20: Mike Masters (Return)
21: GazzyD
22: Eddy Kent
23: JJ Johnson
24: Enforcer (Return)
25: Edward Plague
26: Anthony Grace
27: Max Adamson
28: Dicey Reilly
29: Logan Kincade (Return)
30: Daniel Reilly

Order of Elimination:
Ojore by Rex Adamson
Blade by Rex Adamson
Mike Hill by Rex Adamson
James McManus eliminated by Geoff Steel
Fanatic eliminated by Rex Adamson
O’Callaghan eliminated by Rex Adamson
Uryu Ishida eliminated by Blue Dragon
Jerome Dubois eliminated by Cobra
Robin Reborn eliminated by Rex Adamson
Acer eliminated by Clarke James
The Saint eliminated by Clarke James
Cobra eliminated by Rex Adamson
Mike Masters eliminated by Scott Harris
Scott Harris eliminated by Rex Adamson
Chris Patricks eliminated by Rex Adamson
Clarke James eliminated by Blue Dragon
JJ Johnson eliminated by Blue Dragon
Enforcer eliminated by Eddy Kent
Liam Wood eliminated Rex Adamson
Eddy Kent eliminated by Max Adamson
Max Adamson eliminated by Rex Adamson
Anthony Grace eliminated by Rex Adamson
Rex Adamson eliminated by Dicey Reilly
Daniel Reilly eliminated by Dicey Reilly
Dicey Reilly eliminated by Blue Dragon & Logan Kincade
Logan Kincade eliminated by Edward Plague
Geoff Steel eliminated by Blue Dragon
GazzyD eliminated by Edward Plague
Blue Dragon eliminated by Edward Plague

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Marky and Bentyf1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 2:56 pm

Bentyf1 wrote:"Hi, JJ, Daily telegraph sports reporter, Michael McNeil. First of all, welcome back and good to see you back in the business. My question is with the success and boom that professional wrestling is currently experiencing both in 6CWF and other organisations, how does 6CWF continue expanding across the world? And can you tell us the location of night of glory 2024 and if it will be spread over two nights as was Day of Reckoning here in Las Vegas. Thank you"

Hi, Michael. Tell your cousin, Dwight to sort his (beep) please....him and the boys, it's becoming tiresome.

As for your questions. Obviously I am very proud of how fast 6CWF is developing and we are always looking to expand and grow the organisation. We currently, by my reckoning, have 28 talent signed to contracts and there is still deals being worked on as we speak to bring that number up even higher. The hope being that we can continue to push the boundaries and turn this place into, without doubt, the #1 wrestling promotion in the world. We are always looking at new ways to grow and develop....always looking at potential signings, these are things that happen behind the scenes on a daily basis.

Night of Glory 2024 will return to 6CW's spiritual home of Glasgow, Scotland. Night of Glory of course was the flagship 6CW event so we felt it was only right that in our first year back as a company we return to where it all began. It will take place at Hampden Park which will give us much more scope to pack the place out, open air as well so we will be hoping for some fine weather.

The idea of it being held across two nights is still in deliberation and we will look to make an announcement on that by time we go back on air next Monday (18th). We feel, as an organisation, that Day of Reckoning being a two day event helped its success and also gave the viewers an extended enjoyment of what we are doing here. Nothing and nobody got lost in translation because there was so much time provided for everyone to digest the product.

Night of Glory is a huge deal for 6CWF, this is our Wrestlemania, our SuperBowl, and we want it to deliver on all fronts. So if there are chances to maximise what we do and how best to showcase that, then that is exactly what will happen.

That also goes for all of our events and shows moving forward. We are constantly working on ways to bring new and fresh ideas to the forefront. I remember EWF set a huge trend with the "Iron Man" tournament which was set over a number of nights. That is definitely something, in the future, we would be open to revisiting if the fans wanted to see it.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 4:07 pm

Beer wrote: Afternoon, JJ. Reverend Cyril L Porthnall here from the 'Factions From the Bible' fanclub.

Your rivalry with Clarke James promises to reignite with your return, are you able to comment on claims he called you an 'uppity, smug faced little b*tch' following Day of Reckoning? Also, there have been a lot of groans regarding The Saint returning for the 187th time. Do we know how long he will be around? Many have suggested he is close to catching Big Show in terms of heel/face turns, do you think once he gets that record his will finally as Clarke James put it '**** off and take his boring ass back to whatever rock his only fan in the world lives'?

Rev, how goes it?

Look Clarke is gone hate, we all know that. I'm back and I'm just keeping it real. This company was created to showcase the best pro wrestling in the land and not just so that Alex Walker could poison it and run it into the ground. We'll clear up a whole load in the coming weeks in regards to how this show will be run and who will be running it so you're all just going to have to wait for that to get cleared up by the courts etc.

Me, I'm here for the long term and whether that's as a competitor or in the director's box I'd advise that everyone gets use to seeing me on a weekly basis. For a long time it's been about JJ Johnson running the gaff, but you know I look back on a career that started back in 2008 and a lot of sacrifices made in order to make this place as good as it can be. There are no "regrets" as such but there is most certainly a big "what if"....what if JJ Johnson had stuck to the in-ring stuff and let someone else handle the business. How many more accolades? How many more dream matches and feuds could we talk about? Let's just say it's an itch that needs a scratch (not a Dicey itch either) so moving forward that's what we are going to do.

As for The Saint....well he handles his own. I'm not gonna talk ill of my brother and he's back for as long as he wants to be. If he wants six or seven face/heel turns in that time then I say let him do him....as for his "only fans" I have no comment.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Mon 11 Mar 2024, 4:10 pm

JJJohnson wrote:
Beer wrote: Afternoon, JJ. Reverend Cyril L Porthnall here from the 'Factions From the Bible' fanclub.

Rev, how goes it?

Look Clarke is gone hate, we all know that. I'm back and I'm just keeping it real. This company was created to showcase the best pro wrestling in the land and not just so that Alex Walker could poison it and run it into the ground. We'll clear up a whole load in the coming weeks in regards to how this show will be run and who will be running it so you're all just going to have to wait for that to get cleared up by the courts etc.

Me, I'm here for the long term and whether that's as a competitor or in the director's box I'd advise that everyone gets use to seeing me on a weekly basis. For a long time it's been about JJ Johnson running the gaff, but you know I look back on a career that started back in 2008 and a lot of sacrifices made in order to make this place as good as it can be. There are no "regrets" as such but there is most certainly a big "what if"....what if JJ Johnson had stuck to the in-ring stuff and let someone else handle the business. How many more accolades? How many more dream matches and feuds could we talk about? Let's just say it's an itch that needs a scratch (not a Dicey itch either) so moving forward that's what we are going to do.

As for The Saint....well he handles his own. I'm not gonna talk ill of my brother and he's back for as long as he wants to be. If he wants six or seven face/heel turns in that time then I say let him do him....as for his "only fans" I have no comment.

Your subscription fee is due.

Regards,
Mr S. Aint

DP

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 11 Mar 2024, 6:36 pm

In character questions
* With a new 6CW Champion crowned at Day Of Reckoning in the form of Edward Plague will the former champion Gazzy D get a rematch?

* With the violence shown over the two nights, especially night one, is 6CWF worried it might scare away sponsors who may not want to advertise on such a graphic show?

out of character questions
* Is there a character who you felt never got the recognition they truly deserved?
* Is there a character who you wish you came up with gimmick wise?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 11 Mar 2024, 8:55 pm

x12x wrote:In character questions
* With a new 6CW Champion crowned at Day Of Reckoning in the form of Edward Plague will the former champion Gazzy D get a rematch?

* With the violence shown over the two nights, especially night one, is 6CWF worried it might scare away sponsors who may not want to advertise on such a graphic show?

out of character questions
* Is there a character who you felt never got the recognition they truly deserved?
* Is there a character who you wish you came up with gimmick wise?

Let’s have a think on these:

1: Contractual re-matches aren’t always a given despite what everyone may think. I know it’s the norm in certain companies but we try to operate on a merit basis. Now don’t get me wrong Gazzy is a legend and I think it’s unlikely that anyone in 6CWF would begrudge him wanting a rematch.

But that’s going to come down to Gazzy and his desire. I won’t be interfering in that. I’m sure he’ll let management know as and when he makes that decision. Or Plague will

2: I’ll categorically go on record now and say there’s absolutely no fear or concern about the product we are putting out there. When we first decided to go back into business I had to do a whole lot sit-ins with corporate types. I had multiple meetings with Amazon executives and they wanted outlines on what we would be putting on the market.

From then I told them I wasn’t willing to compromise. You get on board with 6CWF and you’re going to get the entire package. That’s exactly what we are trying to do here. We get two hours a week and then a bi-monthly PLE and you can guarantee that on any given night we will give you all kinds of professional wrestling. We’ve got guys who can put on a technical masterclass but now we’re bringing back ‘Xtreme’ because of its popularity and the sheer fact that it sells. There’s a huge market for it and let’s not mess around here; money makes everything tick.

I get there will be sponsors who may be turned off, fully respect that, but there are a thousand more knocking down the door in the same way that Boxing and MMA are inundated with offers on a daily basis. We are not going to change what we do, that’s not a negotiation. Parents still bring their kids to our shows, in the droves, and they deem our product to be acceptable. Not my words but the footfall through the turnstiles speaks for itself.

Do we push the boundaries? You’re damn right we do and I never want that to stop. Our shows contain violence, sometimes it’s brutal, but these guys are the best at what they do and I’m damn sure not going to be the one to stand in front of them and start putting restraints and obstacles in their way. I respect them too much to do that.

3: I’d say there’s probably a ton of guys who never got their ‘flowers’. Even if they ended up holding multiple titles. You have to remember I’ve been here a long a55 time so the list is almost endless.

Hey we just brought a guy back in Enforcer, held world titles in 6WF and 6CW and yet doesn’t get mentioned in the GOAT conversation. Madness in my opinion as the guy is a stud and he’s going to remind the whole world of that in the coming weeks.

Marshall Murdoch was another - he finally got a world title but that guy was consistently hitting home runs for years. Should have been talked about more.

Cerberus - look we’d love to bring him back in at some point. A dominant world champion but do I think he’s as respected as he should be? Nowhere near.

Then there’s guys who didn’t get to the top but I was a big fan - naturally my man Acer. He sacrificed being a star to run the show and I respect that but he deserves a shot now. Whether later in the day or not. He’s a stallion. There’s plenty more and I could wax lyrical on all of them but the best things those guys could do is come back and prove the wrestling world wrong for underrating them so much.

4: Hmm I don’t think I’d say anyone in particular because I’m not sure I could carry anyone’s character off better than they could.

There are tons of characters I have loved over the years but the styles and qualities of their handlers are usually unique.

I’d say maybe, at a push, that due to my love of Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy that I’ve always been envious of the depths and layers that could be explored with Engel. I’ve tried to touch on different aspects but it’s hard because I’m the booker and he isn’t my character so I have to be careful not to infringe on Pete’s creation and ideas.

I guess it’s a cop out answer but Engel would probably be my pick.

The thing I always find difficult is technically I guess Genesis is my creation as is Alex Walker but I’m envious that I never got to be the guy running it. Paul Mac and the lads were exceptional first time around and now Ed & Marky are knocking it out the park. Just as a promoer I would have loved to been a big part of that (sorry that is very self serving and promoting Laugh )

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by acer101 Mon 11 Mar 2024, 9:25 pm

Clark Kent, the Daily Planet.

There were a lot of returns this weekend. But was there anyone you reached out to that turned a return down?

acer101

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by acer101 Mon 11 Mar 2024, 9:27 pm

acer101 wrote:Clark Kent, the Daily Planet.

There were a lot of returns this weekend. But was there anyone you reached out to that turned a return down?

Follow up question, what’s your take on the Kate Middleton saga? Is it real, or is it AI?

acer101

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 12 Mar 2024, 10:02 am

acer101 wrote:
acer101 wrote:Clark Kent, the Daily Planet.

Follow up question, what’s your take on the Kate Middleton saga? Is it real, or is it AI?

Kate Middleton is definitely AI.

Marky

Bentyf1 and acer101 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down