The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POST-BORN IN FIRE XI PRESSER

+5
President Trump
Bentyf1
Uryu Ishida
DP
JJJohnson
9 posters

Go down

POST-BORN IN FIRE XI PRESSER Empty POST-BORN IN FIRE XI PRESSER

Post by JJJohnson Sat 06 Jan 2024, 6:37 pm

Ed gave me the idea with his feedback Laugh

I'm not exactly sure what I can answer or whether this is overly anyone has any interest in but I am more than happy to field questions about the event, 6CWF past or present and the future as well as decision making processes etc if anyone wants to ask

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

POST-BORN IN FIRE XI PRESSER Empty Re: POST-BORN IN FIRE XI PRESSER

Post by DP Sat 06 Jan 2024, 7:11 pm

How far ahead have you planned?

DP

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sat 06 Jan 2024, 7:25 pm

do you regret any major decisions you've made?

Uryu Ishida

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sat 06 Jan 2024, 7:35 pm

DP wrote:How far ahead have you planned?

Only until Day of Reckoning (March) with a few tentative plans for Night of Glory (May). Once when I first booked in 6WF I did a whole 12 month plan and soon came to realise with people leaving/standard of promos going up and down that it is foolish to try and plan too far ahead.

Don’t get me wrong. There are some things I really want to happen. Ways in which I want certain storylines to develop and play out but I just don’t want to put all investment into something that may change drastically in a couple of months

Even since starting 6CWF in May I have had to alter a lot of things that I had planned or wanted to see happen

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sat 06 Jan 2024, 7:37 pm

Can we expect any returnees in 2024? How do you think 6CWF can be even bigger and better in 2024 after what has been a wild 2023?

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sat 06 Jan 2024, 7:43 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:do you regret any major decisions you've made?

In 6CWF? Or in my entire time as a booker? Laugh because that would be a lot.

Since the rebirth I don’t overly regret much. We are a small bunch but I think everyone gets a fair slice (at least I try to make that the case). I think those who have been world champion so far have earned that right but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a load of guys who don’t. I genuinely believe if I put a world title on anyone on this roster right now you guys would own it.

For all the time I’ve been in this game? I think the Genesis storyline (my greatest creation and storyline) actually could have gone longer. I also think there’s a few guys who should have had title reigns during my tenure who didn’t get a fair crack when others did

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sat 06 Jan 2024, 7:51 pm

Bentyf1 wrote:Can we expect any returnees in 2024? How do you think 6CWF can be even bigger and better in 2024 after what has been a wild 2023?

Mate I can honestly say I have sent messages to everyone since we restarted in May. I have reached out. If you think of a name I have contacted them.

I’d like to see Marty and Cerberus (Nando) back in the mix as they are both fantastic additions and two of my favourite characters. I had Olly back and wanted O’Callaghan to have a top run, same as Nay with Faith but for whatever reason it hasn’t happened. Lex Hart was another one but Paul couldn’t get on the site as far as I’m aware.

There are people I really want back and as I’ve said before if any of you are in contact with anyone outside of here then please invite them back. A few guys have said they aren’t interested in ever coming back and I respect that.

But rest assured I am always working on adding to the roster so watch this space and hopefully there’ll be some surprises to come.

As for 2024 - great promos, everyone enjoying themselves is the inspiration I need to keep working hard to top what we already have done. I have said and will reiterate that my PMs are always open and if anyone has any ideas or anything they want to see then let’s talk. I watch wrestling sparingly and don’t follow one particular product but am always keeping an eye out on ideas that I can work on or reimagine to do something special for us here in 6CWF. Sometimes I believe I’m quite ‘TV show’ based but that comes from my love of Lucha Underground (if you haven’t seen it then check it out) and the way they present their product. I love a good drama filled storyline Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sat 06 Jan 2024, 8:18 pm

Thank you for your answer, Steve. I hope Marty and Matt are back soon. Been knocking on Mr Matt's door for a few weeks now! O'Callaghan merch was flying off the shelves I heard still

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sat 06 Jan 2024, 8:32 pm

The door is open for anyone, any time. I will do my best to create worthwhile storylines for everyone. But right now the roster we have is fantastic and I believe it’s one of the most stacked ever in over a decade of doing this.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sat 06 Jan 2024, 8:34 pm

Sorry mate, another question!

Do you see or view one of your characters, JJ Johnson, as a full time wrestler in 6CWF or will he be part time?

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sat 06 Jan 2024, 8:39 pm

Bentyf1 wrote:Sorry mate, another question!

Do you see or view one of your characters, JJ Johnson, as a full time wrestler in 6CWF or will he be part time?

Ask as many questions as you like mate (will leave this thread up for a few days until next show).

JJ I would love to be full time. Writing the shows and balancing family life etc means I don’t always get time to promo so then I’d feel bad putting JJ over on others. But then it’s hard for me as my main character because I don’t want him to just job out every week.

Then you get into that territory where is it acceptable to book yourself winning feuds/titles etc.

There’s so many great rivalries that I could have with the current roster though. I’ll be honest I’m considering a full time run

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Sat 06 Jan 2024, 11:42 pm

Hi long time listener, first time caller. I would like to ask Mr. Steve has there been any URGENT PM moments on the current run (no names obviously) and does it warm your heart as a veteran seeing the rookies from back in the day coming good

President Trump

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 07 Jan 2024, 6:36 am

Do you have any advice for anyone who is thinking of joining but is unsure they will do that well with promos?

Uryu Ishida

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sun 07 Jan 2024, 7:59 am

President Trump wrote:Hi long time listener, first time caller. I would like to ask Mr. Steve has there been any URGENT PM moments on the current run (no names obviously) and does it warm your heart as a veteran seeing the rookies from back in the day coming good

Honestly mate in this run so far there has been none of that. I don't know if it is because we are all older, don't care as much Laugh but I haven't had any complaints. I know that the results will never please everyone all the time as it's impossible but I try my best to give everyone a worthwhile storyline to work with. I have always tried to explain that I run feds in a promo/storyline basis. So yes the best promos are going to get you noticed and over a period of time you will be up toward the top of proceedings but sometimes you make take an "L" here and there to further a story etc. But as ever I am always open to be contacted and talk through decisions with people.

As for seeing "rookies" coming good I think it's always great to see anyone still enjoying this after over a decade. Guys like Ed and BD (just as two examples) had massive potential from the get go and I actually didn't have many opportunities to book them after the first couple of years in fedding so it is nice to be able to give them a spotlight. Ed was integral to the Genesis storyline so from a personal perspective I am very happy to see him and how far he has come.

That being said I think it's actually brilliant that guys such as yourself (Dec), DP, Marky, Uryu and others have been doing this since 08 or before and are still knocking it out of the park. Adds so much to the fed. It is more difficult now as this site isn't overly active and I think e-fedding in general is not as big as it was so attracting new members is hard. Thankfully everyone here is still doing the business and I'm enjoying this more than I ever have.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sun 07 Jan 2024, 8:06 am

Uryu Ishida wrote:Do you have any advice for anyone who is thinking of joining but is unsure they will do that well with promos?

Just join up. If we could even get one new member through the door it adds something new to the fed and they would have my guarantee that I would work with them and do what I can to help them. Whilst promo quality can be important it isn't the be all and end all. You can only improve over time and seeing how everyone else is doing etc...that's what I did. When I look back on my old promos they aren't fantastic but you learn and get better.

I do everything to make sure everyone has a good story. Whether you are in match 1 or the main event I am always working to ensure everyone has something to work with. This place is just about enjoying yourself and if it provides a little escape from the every day life then that's a small win.

New characters for existing and old members is also something worth exploring. I did initially think about having everyone create a new character when they joined up but I don't think everyone will have come back as they are comfortable with their creations. But you look at Marky with Rex and it shows what a fresh perspective can do, having Max involved in the background and now in the forefront has helped him as well.

You have to see that if we go off of storyline then the majority of the roster - JJ, Max, Dicey, Uryu, Gazzy etc are going to be mid 40s or pushing 50. That's why I introduced Cody Walker for something new and a younger dynamic.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Sun 07 Jan 2024, 8:39 am

Looking back, have there been any storylines that no matter what you've tried/done have just bombed completely?

DP

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sun 07 Jan 2024, 9:17 am

DP wrote:Looking back, have there been any storylines that no matter what you've tried/done have just bombed completely?

Think I tried to go to the well too many times with the faction/stable business. Genesis was like capturing lightning in a bottle and just worked. I think it'll always work and that is showing again now. But other incarnations I have tried just haven't hit the same notes unfortunately.

Think we did an "Authority" storyline around 2015? Was it called "The Forgotten"?!? and we had a load of masked guys with Japanese names and they worked with Joshua (the Puppet Master). It was a real clusterfook and didn't work at all. I think it actually harmed Joshua (a very unique character) and we never really got explore what he was all about. In all honesty it was pretty terrible and was during a time when we had a really good roster. Should have done better.

I know a lot of people didn't like the whole Cassius Zhi being rundown storyline and it ended up being Max Adamson but he'd been paid off by Hobo (a heel turn that didn't take off). Personally I always thought the story made sense (the intricacies at least) but I'll admit that having Hobo wearing a mask and being renamed "Bane" was shambolic. I was in a real Christopher Nolan - Dark Knight phase at the time and thought it was a great idea. It really wasn't.

I think I have documented at length before how hard me and Dicey tried to work on making the original 6WF/6CW invasion storyline work but it just wasn't possible given that River was calling the shots at the time and wasn't willing to give an inch to 6CW. The fact is it could have been sensational when I look back at the talent on both sides but we barely got a taste of any of it. I dropped the TAW Title to Median at the time and felt that was a point we could kick it up a notch but I got it back a month later because River didn't want to play ball. He had stars like Saint (if you remember) join 6CW but wasn't willing to put over any of their actual stars at the time like Dicey or Reilly. Just very poor when I think back as it could have created something spectacular.

Those are three off the top of my head but if I think of more I will come back to this mate.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielReilly Sun 07 Jan 2024, 11:04 am

I imagine the answer will be different dependant on if it’s a standard show or PPV/special event, but roughly how long does it take to write the shows? And how do you find the time?

Born in Fire alone must of took weeks! Always happy to help where I can should you need it but get the feeling you write majority of the shows on your own so kudos!

DanielReilly

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sun 07 Jan 2024, 1:21 pm

DanielReilly wrote:I imagine the answer will be different dependant on if it’s a standard show or PPV/special event, but roughly how long does it take to write the shows? And how do you find the time?

Born in Fire alone must of took weeks! Always happy to help where I can should you need it but get the feeling you write majority of the shows on your own so kudos!

Standard show (with the new bullet point format) will take somewhere between 6-12 hours dependent on how many matches/what is needed in the show. I break it up over the days so I'm probably finding an hour or so per day. If you look at the new schedule going forward (10 days between shows) there'll be plenty of time for me to recharge.

PPVs are obviously different. I mean each match probably takes between 2-5 hours to write depending on length and complexity. The word count for Born in Fire was around 55k so I probably put in 40+ hours over a 2/3 week period. The majority of which I do at work. If I couldn't find the time to do it at work then unfortunately 6CWF would be a no go as I really do not have that time at home nor would I want to dedicate that kind of time when I have my partner and daughter to spend time with.

During my first stint in charge of 6CW (2011) I churned out weekly shows by myself and then a PPV at the end of every months so within a year I had completely burned out. That's when I didn't mind staying up late Laugh

I appreciate everyone that offers to help and I probably will take some of you up on that going forward. I just like writing and putting my ideas down so as long as I have enough time then I'm usually ok.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 and DanielReilly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DarrenJS Sun 07 Jan 2024, 6:20 pm

Thinking that Born in Fire is the pinnacle show, did you have plans for a possible card when you first started, and how much has it changed?

DarrenJS

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sun 07 Jan 2024, 9:50 pm

DarrenJS wrote:Thinking that Born in Fire is the pinnacle show, did you have plans for a possible card when you first started, and how much has it changed?

Two matches that I had planned all along actually did happen: JJ vs CJ and Gazzy vs Uryu so I was glad to be able to tell at least two long term storylines.

There were some matches I wanted to happen that didn’t: Mainly Eddy Kent vs Lex Hart and Oko vs Roth (I started sewing the seeds of this during COVID with Roth having injured Oko in Japan).

As a booker, however, you need to be ready to change plans at any point and to be honest I was overjoyed with the card we had for Born in Fire, it was stacked.

It’s the same for Night of Glory. I have an idea of a few matches I want to happen but will just have to wait and see if they are possible when it gets nearer the time

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 07 Jan 2024, 11:18 pm

1. if you could have one promoer come back full time, who would it be?

2. is there a character/gimmick that you thought was amazing but sadly never stuck around?
My answer for this is Dario Machiavelli...such a cool idea.

3. (optional) which character/gimmick did you hate the most?

x12x

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 09 Jan 2024, 8:52 am

x12x wrote:1. if you could have one promoer come back full time, who would it be?

2. is there a character/gimmick that you thought was amazing but sadly never stuck around?
My answer for this is Dario Machiavelli...such a cool idea.

3. (optional) which character/gimmick did you hate the most?

1: Demon. It isn't even a hesitation. For me he's the best that has ever done it. Promos are out of this world, character development etc. Plus just a genuine top guy who really adds to the fed. I did message him when he initially came back on the board when 6CWF started up but he never got back to me. If anyone does have contact with him literally beg him from me to get back involved. Cassius Zhi is the ultimate character and I can literally see so many amazing feuds with this current roster. I wouldn't even know where to begin there are so many possibilities.

2: Machiavelli was a good character, I also liked Simon Cagero and Xavier Ross during the later 6CW days. But do you know I loved O'Callaghan and it is just a shame that Olly got busy and his interest waned because I think he was set for the big-time. During his first run he was definitely gonna end up as world champion. I mean to be honest there are quite a few. I think Thunder could have been huge if he'd stuck around longer. Vincent Costello, despite being a three time world champion, I think would have ended up on Demon's level as one of the best ever if he had stuck around for a long period. So many great ones now you have me thinking Laugh

3: I don't really hate anyone's character because I try to work with everything. I think Twist would be the first to admit the Vortex (great character by the way) but the farting gimmick or whatever it was, pure a55 Laugh. Oh and "The Ronster" really pi55ed me off too, as well as "Deep Heat". I get the whole comedy characters and stuff but they're just not really for me. I like comedy aspects that you get with such as Max Adamson or even Trash TV (albeit overrated in my opinion) but actually just booking goof characters like Ronster isn't my forte.

Scratch that I couldn't stand Hooligan. River Ace's secondary character who he booked ridiculously strong in the midcard. He was the drizzling of sh1ts really. Wouldn't have minded if there was some character development etc but he was just some kind of EDL wannabe wearing football shirts. River even had him squaring up to Ricky Hatton in one show Laugh and think he went over Max once or twice. Ridiculous.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue 09 Jan 2024, 2:00 pm

Are there any match types you dread writing?

DP

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 09 Jan 2024, 2:12 pm

If you could change one match/feud outcome of yours or in general what would it be and why

President Trump

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 09 Jan 2024, 4:38 pm

DP wrote:Are there any match types you dread writing?

Tag team matches or multi-man tag matches are not really my cup of tea. Working on the intricacies of the tags and making it flow requires far too much attention for my liking. Gimmick matches etc don't fuss me as they are more fun and can work on different things. And I do love the "cinematic" matches like the Engel Asylum match I did during COVID.

Everything else is alright in all honesty.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 09 Jan 2024, 4:50 pm

President Trump wrote:If you could change one match/feud outcome of yours or in general what would it be and why

Oh well this could be controversial eh Laugh

For JJ I am lucky enough to have had a great e-fed career and won titles, feuded with the very best etc. I've put a lot of people over as well which was never a problem with the likes of Napalm (great promoer), O'Callaghan, Median etc.

But I think the one result I was never happy with and I voiced it at the time when I was younger and less understanding Laugh was the loss to Abe Abercorn at Born in Fire in a ladder match for the Internet/European titles. Personally I think I was the better promoer and did better in that exchange. The fact he went on to drop both of those titles within a couple of months was just poor booking and planning for me. It's one of them that really isn't important in the grand scheme (I won a world title first :laugh) but if there was any result I would change it would be that.

As for overall during my time in fedding:

Chaos to beat Patricks at Born in Fire to prevent the "Urgent PM" Laugh

Personally I think Team 6CW should have won the big tag team match with Team 6WF during the invasion. But that's partly due to wanting that storyline to continue. I understand it wasn't tenable at that point for various reasons so 6WF ended up coming out on top but that's one I would have changed. River never would have allowed it but I do think it would have been an interesting and unexpected finish.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue 09 Jan 2024, 4:58 pm

JJJohnson wrote:
President Trump wrote:If you could change one match/feud outcome of yours or in general what would it be and why

For JJ I am lucky enough to have had a great e-fed career and won titles, feuded with the very best etc. I've put a lot of people over as well which was never a problem with the likes of Napalm (great promoer), O'Callaghan, Median etc.

But I think the one result I was never happy with and I voiced it at the time when I was younger and less understanding Laugh was the loss to Abe Abercorn at Born in Fire in a ladder match for the Internet/European titles. Personally I think I was the better promoer and did better in that exchange. The fact he went on to drop both of those titles within a couple of months was just poor booking and planning for me. It's one of them that really isn't important in the grand scheme (I won a world title first :laugh) but if there was any result I would change it would be that.

Personally I think Team 6CW should have won the big tag team match with Team 6WF during the invasion. But that's partly due to wanting that storyline to continue. I understand it wasn't tenable at that point for various reasons so 6WF ended up coming out on top but that's one I would have changed. River never would have allowed it but I do think it would have been an interesting and unexpected finish.

I didn't book that ladder match with Abe did I?! I don't think I made it to a BIF as booker but I'm not sure now! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 09 Jan 2024, 6:17 pm

DP wrote:
JJJohnson wrote:

I didn't book that ladder match with Abe did I?! I don't think I made it to a BIF as booker but I'm not sure now! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pretty sure it was River booking at that time mate, no hard feelings Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Tue 09 Jan 2024, 8:28 pm

Hi, I'm with the Team Zoom Zoom show ..
I have a question for Mr... Steve...

Your booking of matches is Incredible and the way you structure matches seems to be very reminiscent of a couple of 'real life' promotions...

What are your biggest inspirations when it comes to visualising a match?

And further into that question...

How far does your mind visualise the Characters?
Would you say you have a mental image of all the superstars you write matches for or do you have real wrestlers in mind when it comes to writing, in terms of a move set or how a wrestler carries himself in the ring?

Long question sorry...
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 11 Jan 2024, 9:44 am

BlueDragon1205 wrote:Hi, I'm with the Team Zoom Zoom show ..
I have a question for Mr... Steve...

Your booking of matches is Incredible and the way you structure matches seems to be very reminiscent of a couple of 'real life' promotions...

What are your biggest inspirations when it comes to visualising a match?

And further into that question...

How far does your mind visualise the Characters?
Would you say you have a mental image of all the superstars you write matches for or do you have real wrestlers in mind when it comes to writing, in terms of a move set or how a wrestler carries himself in the ring?

Long question sorry...

Sorry mate, only just seen this.

I appreciate the compliment first and foremost so thank you for that.

Inspiration wise I have watched a lot of wrestling over the years. I like to mix it up from what you see in say WWE to TNA, NJPW but I have also mentioned quite a few times that Lucha Underground definitely influences how I do things now. On top of that I’d say film, tv shows etc as well as combat sports in general. I like to showcase many different styles so whilst I love matches with realism (Harris/Roth for example) I am also a big fan of pushing the drama boundaries more so with characters like Engel or BD (who are very much more comic book based with their portrayal). At the end of the day this is entertainment and I see it as producing a tv show. The Attitude Era was what I grew up on and I know it gets a lot of flak now but the storytelling for me was much more gripping than what we see now. Which is just the same churned out stuff on a weekly basis.

As for individual characters, yes I have a picture in my head for all of you. Whilst that may be steeped in perhaps the character base you have all picked I also have added my own twist on a lot of them and it allows me to build the matches and storylines better. I can picture how each wrestler would act in a situation and how that would differ to someone else.

If you were all just generic ideas then I would struggle a lot more in creating the storylines I do. I don’t think the way I picture a character is always necessarily how you may picture them but I try to make them meet somewhere in the middle. Just because, for example, Liam Wood looks like Aleister Black doesn’t mean I’d portray him like Black because for me they are worlds apart in my visualisation and how they’d carry themselves/react to feuds they are in

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down