The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

+34
Kingshu
Maine man
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
IanBru
No 7&1/2
Brendan
BigGee
SirJohnnyEnglish
Eejit
Irishhoneymonster
RDW
Welly
rodders
dogtooth
Cyril
EWT Spoons
RiscaGame
PhilBB
Luckless Pedestrian
Artful_Dodger
BamBam
XR
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
No9
carpet baboon
RugbyFan100
CAInomore
marty2086
munkian
clivemcl
38 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

Premier Sports - will you be watching? Vote_lcap67%Premier Sports - will you be watching? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? Vote_lcap6%Premier Sports - will you be watching? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? Vote_lcap27%Premier Sports - will you be watching? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Premier Sports - will you be watching? Empty Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by munkian Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:58 am

Unfortunately its not on Sky Go so I'll pay the £9.99 a month for the website and app - will prob stream it to smart TV.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by marty2086 Mon 13 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm

clive, did they not state that there would be a 7 day catch up service for everything?

For any season ticket holders this tweet might be useful

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1028319421759213568

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 13 Aug 2018, 12:42 pm

STANDARD PACKAGE: £9.99
Access to Premier Player Live streaming & 7 days of On Demand catch up.

PREMIUM PACKAGE: £11.99
Premier Player live streaming plus access to the full current season of each sport.

Plus free access the Premier Player App for IOS and Android devices for enjoying Premier Sports on the move!
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 12:48 pm

Yea 7 day catch up will do fine, I'm just wondering how quickly they will upload. The iPlayer for example is normally 2/3 hours. But a less established company might take a bit longer to get these matches all loaded onto their library. Could be Monday before you get to watch it is you happened to by busy the evening of the match.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by CAInomore Mon 13 Aug 2018, 1:26 pm

Quick question folks, if you pay the £9.99 to Sky for the subscription does your sky box count as one of the viewing devices it on or can you watch it on the box and 2 other devices (ipad/smart tv etc) at the same time? The official Q&A page isn't clear. Cheers

CAInomore

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 13 Aug 2018, 1:32 pm

Most apps like that the box doesn't count because it's the log in that's tracked, so you don't log into the Sky box with a PremierSports log in you should be fine

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 13 Aug 2018, 1:32 pm

CAInomore wrote:Quick question folks, if you pay the £9.99 to Sky for the subscription does your sky box count as one of the viewing devices it on or can you watch it on the box and 2 other devices (ipad/smart tv etc) at the same time?  The official Q&A page isn't clear. Cheers

No idea sorry.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by CAInomore Mon 13 Aug 2018, 1:42 pm

No worries Munkian, I might wait and see if you can watch it on multiple devices at once and then go for a package.

If you can watch it on a sky box and 2 online devices at the same time then the £99 annual pass looks quite cheap and I might club together with a mate or 2. If it's 1 device at once then it's back to the drawing board!

If anyone with Premier Sports can let me know before the season starts that would be great.

CAInomore

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 13 Aug 2018, 1:49 pm

If you have a season ticket for a pro 14 club you may get a bit of a discount too - should be more news by the end of the week.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by CAInomore Mon 13 Aug 2018, 1:54 pm

I thought that Marty but if that’s the case it seems harsh on non-sky customers who have to pay the same and just get it online via the premier player.

Sky customers would get the tv channel and the premier player. Usually there’s a bit of a discount if it’s just an online streaming service you get.

Hopefully someone on here is already paying for it and can enlighten us.

Unfortunately I’ve not got a season ticket so that discount (whatever it may be) won’t impact me.

CAInomore

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 2:07 pm

Welcome CAInomore. I also am a CAI alumnus - not many Clive's about - if I know you let me know!

Also, I like your thinking about sharing a subscription among a few people.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 13 Aug 2018, 2:45 pm

CAInomore wrote:I thought that Marty but if that’s the case it seems harsh on non-sky customers who have to pay the same and just get it online via the premier player.

Sky customers would get the tv channel and the premier player. Usually there’s a bit of a discount if it’s just an online streaming service you get.

Hopefully someone on here is already paying for it and can enlighten us.

Unfortunately I’ve not got a season ticket so that discount (whatever it may be) won’t impact me.

I'm one of those who aren't a Sky customer and don't mind, though saying that I should check and see if my dad gets Premier on his package Fingers Crossed

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by CAInomore Mon 13 Aug 2018, 2:52 pm

Even if he doesn’t Marty you might as well get him to add it on and pay him with you getting the premier sports streaming access as it costs nothing more that way (provided the box doesn’t count as a device or your dad doesn’t watch it at the same time if it does)

Who knows he might even go halves with you

CAInomore

Back to top Go down

Post by CAInomore Mon 13 Aug 2018, 2:56 pm

And Clive I was the year above you at Inst I think, left in 2004 to head to uni over the water and haven’t been lucky enough to move back since.

CAInomore

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 9:27 am

munkian wrote:If you have a season ticket for a pro 14 club you may get a bit of a discount too - should be more news by the end of the week.

I'm not sure that's the case. I think someone got their wires crossed when this leaked out.

I'll be watching it via Virgin Media for free until it runs out in late September. Then, based on how the coverage is it will be decision time on whether to buy it permanently or not.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 9:31 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
munkian wrote:If you have a season ticket for a pro 14 club you may get a bit of a discount too - should be more news by the end of the week.

I'm not sure that's the case. I think someone got their wires crossed when this leaked out.

I'll be watching it via Virgin Media for free until it runs out in late September. Then, based on how the coverage is it will be decision time on whether to buy it permanently or not.

Really?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 9:35 am

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Really?

Yup. I've been told that the "Season Ticket holder discount" probably won't apply, but there will be some sort of annual and monthly discount available.

But fight away Martyn, fight away son.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 9:39 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Really?

Yup. I've been told that the "Season Ticket holder discount" probably won't apply, but there will be some sort of annual and monthly discount available.

Well that's libellous to say that Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 9:47 am

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Really?

Sue me

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 12:24 pm

marty2086 wrote:

And while you're preparing your legal documents, can you finally backup your claim of the following:

marty2086 wrote:Except the regions are flat out refusing to bid, they haven't even done a business case for hosting the final they just don't like the system

Thanks

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 12:31 pm

I never said you libelled me genius and I've attached the regions business case for hosting a final

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 12:59 pm

marty2086 wrote: I've attached the regions business case for hosting a final

Where?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:31 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Really?

Errrr the discount won't apply but there will be a monthly or annual discount?

Now isn't that the same thing?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:32 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:

Where?

Guess there wasn't one then proving my point laughing

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:35 pm

CAInomore wrote:Quick question folks, if you pay the £9.99 to Sky for the subscription does your sky box count as one of the viewing devices it on or can you watch it on the box and 2 other devices (ipad/smart tv etc) at the same time?  The official Q&A page isn't clear. Cheers

Think you have missed how this works.

If you pay for it to be added to you Sky subscription, that's the only device you can watch it on through your Sky devices. If like BT Sport, it will be tied to a viewing card, and then you can only watch it on one BOX, not one at a time only the one with the viewing card you specify. I have multi-room, but can only watch BT sports on the one specific box.

The agreement allows you to also watch on an iPad/Computer, but that will be via they app/web page, NOT through the Sky account.

SkyGo, doesnt play all the Sky channels anyway. You can only watch Sky channels on SkyGo that Sky allow you, so buying Premier through Sky will not allow you to watch it on SkyGo unless Premier has allowed this and Sky have made the channel available to SkyGo, which I doubt.

So, as mentioned below. If a family member buys through Sky and you have access to their SkyGo account, this doesn't mean you will be able to get Premier through it. However, if they give you their Premier log on details, I guess you could log on to the Premier portal and view, but I bet that is against the T&Cs so I wouldn't recommend it (for the lawyers Whistle).

Hope this clears up some questions...

... oh, and not sure I will pay another £9.99/month, on top of the high Sky Sports and BT Sports bill. You have to draw the line somewhere.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:39 pm

No9 wrote:

If you pay for it to be added to you Sky subscription, that's the only device you can watch it on through your Sky devices. If like BT Sport, it will be tied to a viewing card, and then you can only watch it on one BOX, not one at a time only the one with the viewing card you specify. I have multi-room, but can only watch BT sports on the one specific box.

The agreement allows you to also watch on an iPad/Computer, but that will be via they app/web page, NOT through the Sky account.

SkyGo, doesnt play all the Sky channels anyway. You can only watch Sky channels on SkyGo that Sky allow you, so buying Premier through Sky will not allow you to watch it on SkyGo unless Premier has allowed this and Sky have made the channel available to SkyGo, which I doubt.

So, as mentioned below. If a family member buys through Sky and you have access to their SkyGo account, this doesn't mean you will be able to get Premier through it. However, if they give you their Premier log on details, I guess you could log on to the Premier portal and view, but I bet that is against the T&Cs so I wouldn't recommend it (for the lawyers Whistle).

... oh, and not sure I will pay another £9.99/month, on top of the high Sky Sports and BT Sports bill. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Think you've missed how it works, Premier have their own app which you can access. With Sky Sports app you can only watch on two devices but watching on the box doesn't count as a device. Does Sky Sports work on the Sky Go app, I know it doesn't work on the Virgin Go app

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:43 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Where?

It proves that the regions "don't like the system"?

How ?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:44 pm

marty2086 wrote:
No9 wrote:

Think you've missed how it works, Premier have their own app which you can access. With Sky Sports app you can only watch on two devices but watching on the box doesn't count as a device. Does Sky Sports work on the Sky Go app, I know it doesn't work on the Virgin Go app

No.. that's exactly what I said...

Posters above asked if they could get Premier through SkyGo (which is their App/web site). I said NOT unless Sky add that channel to their app, and buying Premier through Sky (so its added to your box) doesn't give you access via SkyGo. As per BT Sport, you will have to use the providers (Premier in this case) own App/Website...

With SkyGo you can watch on 2 devices or 4 if you have SkyGo(Plus) - which I have. The BT App doesnt restrict you, as for the Premier App, depends on how generous they feel, but I dont have it and probably wont buy it.

And yes, SkySports is on the SkyGo app.

Also, for anyone who is wondering, but setting up a UK VPN, you can watch SkyGo anywhere in the world, as I have done. SkyGo is now available in EU countries, but not outside (unless you use a VPN Whistle )

Last edited by No9 on Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:46 pm

No9 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
No9 wrote:

No.. that's exactly what I said...

Posters above asked if they could get Premier through SkyGo (which is their App/web site). I said NOT unless Sky add that channel to their app, and buying Premier through Sky (so its added to your box) doesn't give you access via SkyGo. As per BT Sport, you will have to use the providers (Premier in this case) own App/Website...

With SkyGo you can watch on 2 devices or 4 if you have SkyGo(Plus) - which I have. The BT App doesnt restrict you, as for the Premier App, depends on how generous they feel, but I dont have it and probably wont buy it.

And yes, SkySports is on the SkyGo app.

Actually CAInomore just asked about viewing devices, munkian above that mentioned SkyGo thumbsup

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:47 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Where?

How ?

You mean other than them providing objections to it which was discussed ad nauseam on here in the past? Erm

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:50 pm

carpet baboon wrote:

Errrr the discount won't apply but there will be a monthly or annual discount?

Now isn't that the same thing?

We'll have to wait and see if the discounts are related to season ticket holders or not. Initial reports said yes, now it looks like that's not the case according to reports on forums and Twitter.

In reality, it would be difficult for Premier sports to obtain a list of season ticket holders for all 14 teams and cross reference every application on line. I would have thought.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:51 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Where?

How ?

You mean other than them providing objections to it which was discussed ad nauseam on here in the past? Erm

Please show me where PRW or for instance the Dragons / Scarlets have objected to "the system", the Pro14 final, and the decision making behind it's hosting criteria.

Thank you.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 1:59 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Where?

How ?

Please show me where PRW or for instance the Dragons / Scarlets have objected to "the system", the Pro14 final, and the decision making behind it's hosting criteria.

Thank you.

There you go

Google

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 2:11 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Where?

How ?

Thank you.

There you go

Google

Very Happy Very Happy

Absolutely pathetic. Even by your horrendously turgid standards.

You've been called out - and found out as a liar. And not for the first time. What an utter scratter.

Yet again you have called me a liar, now hopefully the mods will deal with you

Lets get a few things clear, you see your lack of knowledge as being the fullness of the knowledge available when in fact it's just your own ignorance

You repeatedly make claims you don't backup yet demand evidence from everyone else, as I have told you the Welsh regions objections have been talked about here before, I'm sure your buddy Phil will confirm that. You are more than welcome to go back over threads and see for yourself, I've also provided a link to Google for you to search for yourself.

You've made counter claims that you have provided no evidence for, by your own logic and standards do we then deduce you are a liar? Maybe rather than resorting to name calling you would prefer to actually counter it rather than calling someone a liar because you lack the requisite knowledge on the subject matter at hand? Remember you had to be educated on how tv contracts work for the league?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 2:35 pm

I just want to know what a scratter is

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 2:40 pm

It's someone who is always right Whistle

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 3:34 pm

That'll be me then Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 14 Aug 2018, 4:34 pm

And me.

Edit: except when I’m wrong.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 14 Aug 2018, 6:31 pm

How marty gets away with his behaviour on here is beyond me. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 14 Aug 2018, 8:26 pm

LordDowlais wrote:How marty gets away with his behaviour on here is beyond me. Rolling Eyes

Excuse me? Would you care to elaborate on that?

Or do I need to point out that it's the second time in less than a week that this poster has called me a liar, his logic essentially being, and I'm paraphrasing here , that they've not read that before so it can't be true. As I've pointed out, the lack of knowledge on their part does not make someone else a liar. Also the counterargument seems to be that it doesn't make as much sense as their opinion.

I'm also near certain that the debates I spoke off you were involved in, so are you now saying they didn't happen?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 14 Aug 2018, 9:09 pm

I was just wondering if people are actually going to sign up and if so, what platform or package.

Can't be arsed with these handbags.

Best to block each other if you get under each others skin so much.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2018, 9:44 pm

I’m probably not going to get it, to be honest. I think £9.99 is excellent value for money and on the face of it a tenner is very little per month. However, it’s just one other thing on top of the season ticket, sky subscription, internet, kids swimming lessons, kids sports clubs, gym membership, phone contract, Amazon Prime, Spotify Premium, etc., etc. For me personally if it’s a toss up between Spotify and the rugby I’ll go with Spotify! I don’t get chance to watch that many games on TV anyway so can live without it. But I’m not knocking it. To reiterate I think it’s a fab deal OK

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 15 Aug 2018, 8:33 am

I'll watch it but unlikely have a subscription Cool

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 15 Aug 2018, 8:45 am

gcBlues wrote:I'll watch it but unlikely have a subscription Cool

That's what I'm thinking, but currently struggling to find one that will cast to my Chromecast in HD. Any suggestions feel free to DM me Hug

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 15 Aug 2018, 9:42 am

As a football fan as well as a rugby fan, I find it kind of crazy that even dedicated rugby fans like most on here aren't willing to pay £10 a month for access to every game that their team plays.

If you offered that deal, or even up to £30 I reckon most Premier League fans would snap your hand off. The biggest objection that most have with Sky Sports/BT etc is that because of some archaic laws, 3pm Saturday games aren't available for broadcast in the UK but are in every other country

A season pass for Man Utd or Liverpool's Premier League games for £10 a month would be an amazing deal, the fact that so many on this forum and others are already looking for ways around it seems really odd to me.

I'm not criticising, everyone has their own financial circumstances etc, but if Premier aren't getting subscriptions they won't get advertising, so they won't make enough money to make it viable to renew the deal in future, which will only harm the league if they have to go back cap in hand to Sky etc to get a deal

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:11 am

To be fair BamBam I don't think it'll be a problem, the revenue that sport generates through ads on tv these days is always growing. Marketing companies are falling over themselves to get their products on during sport because with Netflix etc there are so few opportunities for them to advertise during tv programmes that have to be watched live. It's why Premier took Pro14, it's why Eleven Sport have got La Liga.

Premier will increase their viewership with Pro 14, they'll be showing Elite League Hockey live too. I can see Premier adding to their portfolio if things go well with Pro 14 but there'll be stiff competition but £10 is a bargain, I would have paid it if I had to but I don't

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:11 am

Laugh

This place does make laugh, it really does. I was lambasted on here for saying people will not be signing up for this new TV deal.

Now I am reading on here how people are not going to bother because £10 a month is a stretch too far, and people wanting to illegally stream.

Only on V2. laughing

This thread alone proves more to me about this place than anything. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:14 am

Its a bit crap that people can't be bothered to pay £9.99 a month and looking to illegally stream it already.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:18 am

Laugh

And now the red bar brigade are out without the balls to say why they do not like it. This place is a hoot. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next