The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

+34
Kingshu
Maine man
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
IanBru
No 7&1/2
Brendan
BigGee
SirJohnnyEnglish
Eejit
Irishhoneymonster
RDW
Welly
rodders
dogtooth
Cyril
EWT Spoons
RiscaGame
PhilBB
Luckless Pedestrian
Artful_Dodger
BamBam
XR
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
No9
carpet baboon
RugbyFan100
CAInomore
marty2086
munkian
clivemcl
38 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Vote_lcap67%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Vote_lcap6%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Vote_lcap27%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Empty Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:53 pm

It is both excruciating and highly entertaining reading through the last couple of pages of this thread.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by marty2086 Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Not ALL of Wales has access to ALL the channels on freeview. But as you do not live here you are just living on what you know, which is very little.

Which parts of Wales don't have access to Freesports on Freeview?

Everywhere has Freeview, but not everywhere has all the channels. West Wales and around the cities have a lot more channels than around the valleys and mid Wales.

They just need to retune their boxes Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:54 pm

PhilBB wrote:So now it is that folk would hunker down on a Friday night to get something for free, but they won't do the same on a Saturday night.

Or a Sunday afternoon.

Rightio. And we're the ones living in a bubble whilst Dowellais speaks for the nation.

Oh.

I know a lot of people who watch the game on a Friday night, and chose to go out on a Saturday night, or low and behold watch a different game on a Saturday afternoon, sometimes they have to travel as well.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:55 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Not ALL of Wales has access to ALL the channels on freeview. But as you do not live here you are just living on what you know, which is very little.

Everywhere has Freeview, but not everywhere has all the channels. West Wales and around the cities have a lot more channels than around the valleys and mid Wales.

Ah it's that easy is it ? FFS. picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:57 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Yes actually it is as I've had to do it in the past, nearly as simple as grasping eirSports will show the games in Ireland and Premier the UK and that they aren't the same companies

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:58 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

So you mean the more densely populated areas can get the channel?
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 29 Aug 2018, 5:08 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

If you call West Wales more densely populated.

Put it this way, on Freewview, in my caravan in West Wales, I get substantially more channels than I do at home in Merthyr, and no matter how much more "re-tuning" I do, I do not get all the channels. The service is just better in different areas. Talk is, down near Pembroke Dock, you get the signal from across the Bristol Channel, which is better.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2018, 5:33 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Put it this way, on Freewview, in my caravan in West Wales, I get substantially more channels than I do at home in Merthyr, and no matter how much more "re-tuning" I do, I do not get all the channels. The service is just better in different areas. Talk is, down near Pembroke Dock, you get the signal from across the Bristol Channel, which is better.

My work colleague lives in Merthyr and gets freesports through his freeview box. Others in Merthyr should be fine. It’s not exactly the sticks up their, LD, as you keep telling me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 29 Aug 2018, 5:36 pm

The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

My work colleague lives in Merthyr and gets freesports through his freeview box. Others in Merthyr should be fine. It’s not exactly the sticks up their, LD, as you keep telling me Very Happy

Not everywhere in Merthyr. OK  

Unless you have some sort of box, or firestick. OK

Some people just use their digital tele's. They pick up freeview through their ariel's. Why do you assume everybody has a box of some kind attached to their tele's ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2018, 6:03 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Not everywhere in Merthyr. OK  

Unless you have some sort of box, or firestick. OK

Some people just use their digital tele's. They pick up freeview through their ariel's. Why do you assume everybody has a box of some kind attached to their tele's ?

I didn’t say that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2018, 6:05 pm

But while we’re on assumptions, why do you assume that most people in Wales can’t get freesports? What is your claim based on?

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 29 Aug 2018, 6:35 pm

I'm sure it will soon get buried under all this boring tit for tat bickering, but for anyone who is bothered, there's a promo code to get Premier Sports for the year for £89 rather than £99. Just enter PREMIER89.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 29 Aug 2018, 6:40 pm

clivemcl wrote:I'm sure it will soon get buried under all this boring tit for tat bickering, but for anyone who is bothered, there's a promo code to get Premier Sports for the year for £89 rather than £99.  Just enter PREMIER89.

And anyone who has it on Virgin will need to subscribe soon as it will no longer be free after Sept 22nd

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 29 Aug 2018, 6:43 pm

clivemcl wrote:I'm sure it will soon get buried under all this boring tit for tat bickering, but for anyone who is bothered, there's a promo code to get Premier Sports for the year for £89 rather than £99.  Just enter PREMIER89.

ANd yet, despite this info coming via Ulster Rugby Mailing List, I cannot see at any point in the subscription process and opportunity to enter such a promo code.... furious

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2018, 7:12 pm

No way to enter the promo code?! It’ll be the death of rugby in Wales! I give it 2 years Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 29 Aug 2018, 7:31 pm

clivemcl wrote:

ANd yet, despite this info coming via Ulster Rugby Mailing List, I cannot see at any point in the subscription process and opportunity to enter such a promo code.... furious

How are you planning to watch it ? Sky ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 29 Aug 2018, 9:52 pm

Na, through their player.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 29 Aug 2018, 10:05 pm

No option for a code yet - its not been released for player- tomorrow I think ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 29 Aug 2018, 11:28 pm

PhilBB wrote:It seems we've gone from:

- the games won't be on free to air tv
to
- not enough of the games will be on free to air tv
to
- they are in the wrong language on free to air tv

When you have 'customers' like that, you put them in the "too expensive to attract" pile and forget about them.

It’s been my experience, Phil, that they’ll be first sat in front of the telly no matter what - just so they can complain about the programme/match/officials/weather/picture/production quality, etc.

The NeverHappys.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 29 Aug 2018, 11:56 pm

So living in non Premier Sport land, and not being an Eir customer, I decided that I’d have to pay the €27.50 extra to get EirSport on my Sky box.  Current subscription is €30 for Sky TV (that I don’t watch), €52 for Sky Broadband and landline (that I never use). I also have Three mobile contract of about €75 a month that I use for work.  €184.50 per month all in using Sky platform.

So I did some further digging around on Eir website on bundle packages and found one that gave me broadband (same fiber speed), landline (that I still won’t use), Eir Vision Tv incl RTE, TV3 (6N), TG4, and EirSport (PRO14 and RWC19), BT Sport (Heineken/Challenge Cup) and a Sim only comparable mobile service and EirSport app to watch on devices.

Cost?  €79.97 per month all in for first 12 months and €99.97 per month if I renew after that. Plus a once-off activation fee of €30.

Result.   Thanks PRO14.  I love you Martin Anayi.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:27 am

Seems very expensive for what you get. Surely you could get a better deal? And not just on the rugby.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:31 am

Cyril wrote:Seems very expensive for what you get. Surely you could get a better deal? And not just on the rugby.

Well if you’d like to point me where I can, I’m all ears - I have my 14-day cooling off period.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Thu 30 Aug 2018, 5:54 am

Watched the preview show last night. Studio presentation seemed a bit weak after scrum v slick studio show. Hope they improve their presentation.
The presenters were ok.
Let's see what their match presentation is like.

ScrumV is still on isn't it. Hope it's not just a semipro and lower league show
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2018, 8:36 am

Scrum V slick?! Each to their own! I always found it a bit amateurish and low budget. Felt like a few blokes down the pub chatting to their mates about the game! Especially on a Sunday - Jiffy always looked and sounded hungover! Was hoping for something a bit more high tech and up to date with the move away from Scrum V.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 30 Aug 2018, 8:49 am

dogtooth wrote:Watched the preview show last night. Studio presentation seemed a bit weak after scrum v slick studio show. Hope they improve their presentation.
The presenters were ok.
Let's see what their match presentation is like.

ScrumV is still on isn't it. Hope it's not just a semipro and lower league show

Scrum V is JUST going to be the Welsh premiership.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2018, 9:41 am

Pot Hale wrote:So living in non Premier Sport land, and not being an Eir customer, I decided that I’d have to pay the €27.50 extra to get EirSport on my Sky box.  Current subscription is €30 for Sky TV (that I don’t watch), €52 for Sky Broadband and landline (that I never use). I also have Three mobile contract of about €75 a month that I use for work.  €184.50 per month all in using Sky platform.

So I did some further digging around on Eir website on bundle packages and found one that gave me broadband (same fiber speed), landline (that I still won’t use), Eir Vision Tv incl RTE, TV3 (6N), TG4, and EirSport (PRO14 and RWC19), BT Sport (Heineken/Challenge Cup) and a Sim only comparable mobile service and EirSport app to watch on devices.

Cost?  €79.97 per month all in for first 12 months and €99.97 per month if I renew after that. Plus a once-off activation fee of €30.

Result.   Thanks PRO14.  I love you Martin Anayi.

The price you were paying before seems insane, but then maybe I'm not up to speed with what stuff costs in Ireland

€79.97 doesn't seem too bad though, I'm currently paying

£80 for Sky TV (including sports and cinema), broadband and phone
£40 for my phone contract
£17 for BT sport

So £137 total and I'm debating whether to sign up to Premier too. If I wasn't a big football fan I'd probably go for a BT TV/broadband package with BT Sport included which would probably save me £50 a month

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 30 Aug 2018, 10:28 am

clivemcl wrote:

Clive did you work out how to do this? Is it available via sky with the promotion, does anyone know.

TG4 have a load of free games but very little with Ulster, are premier sport showing all Ulsters games live?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 10:34 am

Saturdays game is on S4C on Saturday rodders, the first Ulster game on TG4 is Connacht just after xmas and nothing on FreeSport until Treviso in January

Thank god it's all setup to benefit the Irish eh

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2018, 10:38 am

Yeah Premier are showing every game live on one of their two channels or on FreeSports

For round 1

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 6 Round-1-splash-v2

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 30 Aug 2018, 11:51 am

marty2086 wrote:Saturdays game is on S4C on Saturday rodders, the first Ulster game on TG4 is Connacht just after xmas and nothing on FreeSport until Treviso in January

It is. Not the Northern Irish. That's a different country let us not forget.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 30 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

marty2086 wrote:Saturdays game is on S4C on Saturday rodders, the first Ulster game on TG4 is Connacht just after xmas and nothing on FreeSport until Treviso in January

TG4 live contract is only for all Connacht home games, and as live derbies between Leinster and Munster. Ulster not in their broadcast territory agreement.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 30 Aug 2018, 1:18 pm

Got a free month of Premier sport (As can anyone with Sky sports that will be a new premier customer). will decide what the quality is like and if it is worth the £9.99 a month for after.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 1:36 pm

Pot Hale wrote:

TG4 live contract is only for all Connacht home games, and as live derbies between Leinster and Munster.  Ulster not in their broadcast territory agreement.

I'm aware of that, just pointing out that there aren't many free to air Ulster games available

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:14 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Yes actually it is as I've had to do it in the past, nearly as simple as grasping eirSports will show the games in Ireland and Premier the UK and that they aren't the same companies

Actually, LD is right. Digital braodcast coverage in Wales is shocking and really hit and miss. I have 2 TVs (relatively new, 1 Samsung and 1 "Tesco special") using the same areal. One can get some channels and the other gets others. They are BOTH set up for the same UK Region, but there is no consistency between them. I thought it may be one of the coax lines, so I put them both together switching the same coax line from one to the other and re-tuning. Exactly the same. One set got some channels the other couldn't and vice versa. One (The Samsung), which is the newest and most expensive, cannot get Freesports and Freeview no matter what I try. I've done S/W updates the lot, and some S/W updates actually lost channels. Basically, digital TV is a farce, as with good old analogue you may not have had a crisp picture, but at least you had one. With digital the slightest of drop in signal strenght and you just get a blocked picture.

So to say, some in Merthyr get Freesports so all can is not true. I've proven that sometimes you cant get a signal on one set in the same room (on the same table).

As for Freesports showing Pro14 games, I think this week just shows which games will feature. Zebre v Kings... not likely to be an exciting fixture is it...

At least we'll get Ulster v Scarlets on S4C in Welsh. So guess that's half the free to air games we had last year. As I had Sky sports, its a 3rd of what I had.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:18 pm

Well if you have different availability on different boxes it's the products you're using that are the problem.

As for only getting a third of what you had before, Sky isn't free to air and wasn't every week

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:20 pm

Nope Ulster v Scarlets and Zebre v Kings is two games on FTA, so exactly the same as you had on FTA last year

As you aren't a paying customer, you don't get to select the matches thumbsup

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:21 pm

Welly wrote: Got a free month of Premier sport (As can anyone with Sky sports that will be a new premier customer).  will decide what the quality is like and if it is worth the £9.99 a month for after.

Oh right so is that automatic or you need to register?

I can't keep up with it all....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:25 pm

rodders wrote:
Welly wrote: Got a free month of Premier sport (As can anyone with Sky sports that will be a new premier customer).  will decide what the quality is like and if it is worth the £9.99 a month for after.

Oh right so is that automatic or you need to register?

I can't keep up with it all....

https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

Try that rodders

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:40 pm

Why was the Premier Sports Pro14 launch show, the same tv programme made in Ireland for an Irish audience that wqas broadcast on an Irish tv channel?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:52 pm

Does it matter?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:54 pm

BamBam wrote:Does it matter?

Well yes, as Premier Sports are getting a kicking for it on social media.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:55 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:

And that matters why?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:58 pm

Because a large proportion of their customers are unhappy with their product, why are you being deliberately obtuse ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:58 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

And that matters why?

Because Premier Sports' brand and product is taking a kicking. Customers are't happy with the product, and a game hasn't even been played.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:00 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

And that matters why?

Because Premier Sports' brand and product is taking a kicking. Customers are't happy with the product, and a game hasn't even been played.

Well given your analyse is that it's an Irish channel though it's broadcasting in the UK and registered in Luxembourg and aimed at an Irish audience even though it's not airing in most of Ireland, I think we'll not worry about your claims OK

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:01 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:Why was the Premier Sports Pro14 launch show, the same tv programme made in Ireland for an Irish audience that wqas broadcast on an Irish tv channel?

Yawn.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:01 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Well given your analyse is that it's an Irish channel though it's broadcasting in the UK and registered in Luxembourg and aimed at an Irish audience even though it's not airing in most of Ireland, I think we'll not worry about your claims OK

I.e. - I don't want to answer the question, as this is a bit embarrassing for Premier Sports ahead of the new season.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:04 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

I.e. - I don't want to answer the question, as this is a bit embarrassing for Premier Sports ahead of the new season.

Answer what? The premise for your question is based on false claims

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:04 pm

munkian wrote:Because a large proportion of their customers are unhappy with their product, why are you being deliberately obtuse ?

How many of their customers are unhappy? And what are they unhappy about?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:06 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Answer what? The premise for your question is based on false claims

No it wasn't. You just can't bring yourself to answer it. As per normal.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next