The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+6
Hibbz
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
10 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 8 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Happy New Year 2019 everyone!

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 8 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:49 am

Cheers Galted. Loving all your cat photos, by the way.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 8 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:55 am

I went to see a friend in a Radio play over the weekend, just representing for the culture cup massive.

https://leedsplayhouse.org.uk/events/airplays/

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:00 am

Impressive culture rick.
Almost as impressive as the number of times they put 'Leeds' on one web-page.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:02 am

Indeed, I can confirm that the play was performed in Leeds.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:02 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Cheers Galted. Loving all your cat photos, by the way.

Glad you are, thanks for all the emojis.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:05 am

I'll just slip in a fist if no-one minds.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:37 am

Sad sicond. Really struggling the last few days.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:43 am

The pressures of fame taking their toll?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:25 pm

Discovering that Tina is not dead is enough to knock the stuffing out of anyone.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 am

fo'shizzle, morning.

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 8 300px-Blausen_0049_ArteriovenousFistula

(I could have used a different version of this)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:22 am

Nothing like a Dagless fist to brighten your morning.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:22 am

superflyweight wrote:Discovering that Tina is not dead is enough to knock the stuffing out of anyone.  

First Elvis, then Tino. I call bullsh*t.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:25 am

Gutentag Notches

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:27 am

'sup G-Man, Shah.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:50 am

kumštis

Morning

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 am

Morning, Dagless. How are things up north? Bit chilly here the day before yesterday but I got through it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 am

Warmer today than yesterday, not quite coat weather yet though.

Almost put a duvet on the bed though.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:34 am

Warming up here. Kicked the duvet off the bed yesterday.
Flipper will be experiencing some heat tomorrow. Lucky he is near the coast... the sea breeze might temper the heat a little but there is going to be a blast of desert heat hitting us tomorrow.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:49 am

The sure-fire way to predict the approach of winter here is the way my cat pretends that she loves me so she can get to sleep on the duvet between my knees. Once the heating is on she goes back to being a c*nt

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:01 am

lol
Had fun watching a bird (honey eater?) dive into the pool earlier this afternoon. Did a good half dozen swoops with a decent plunge at the end each time. It was having the time of it's life.
It'll be back tomorrow for sure.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:09 am

On a more sombre bird note.

There's a tawny frogmouth (like an owl but no talons... like a fatter, drowsier nightjar) about 5 metres from my Mum's back terrace overlooking the forest. It sits in the same spot on a tree all day... perfectly still... whilst the male is out working and getting food. I took several photos but I swear... you can't see the thing it is that well camouflaged. It looks like part of the tree.

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 8 13406-tawny-frogmouth-disguise?width=600&height=630&ext=

Last edited by Pal Joey on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : "tawny: not "twany".. twat. Also "It" to "I" twit!)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:13 am

Pal Joey wrote:lol
Had fun watching a bird (honey eater?) dive into the pool earlier this afternoon. Did a good half dozen swoops with a decent plunge at the end each time. It was having the time of it's life.

In my younger days I could do a good half dozen swoops with a decent clunge at the end each time.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:18 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:lol

In my younger days I could do a good half dozen swoops with a decent clunge at the end each time.

Yeah me too. Got 4 African* clungees arriving here tomorrow. Wedding planners apparently. Better go dust off my machete and act cool.

Also that feeling when you accidentally swallow water and you think you're going to drown for a moment... then the rush of adrenaline followed by exhilaration when you realise you're not going to drown after all.

You just got a little water upside-down up your nose to the back of your eyeballs. And it gave you a little shock... that's all.

*By early next week I will have hosted people from all of the continents except Antarctica.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:41 am

UPDATE:

The person I thought was Tino was not actually Tino. There's two people nicknamed Tino. I hope this makes you all feel better, especially as I told this Tino that I didn't care about his (seemingly major) health problems.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:44 am

I'm apparently to be prepared for 37 degree heat tomorrow. Wonder if the gym will finally turn the air-con on.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:47 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:UPDATE:

The person I thought was Tino was not actually Tino. There's two people nicknamed Tino. I hope this makes you all feel better, especially as I told this Tino that I didn't care about his (seemingly major) health problems.

You're off the hook, Dolphin. That sure was a lucky break.

How are you coping, mate? Are the shopkeepers understanding you better when you ask for a bit of butter, please?

I was once on a flight in the States... asked for a bitter lemon (had a craving at the time) and the hostess screamed back "A bit of what...??!!"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm learning the types of people I need to drop my Ts for, starting to get some work too, but I'm off home for a month come December so will miss some of the more furious heat. Although it's the humidity really, sometimes it feels like it's draped over me.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm apparently to be prepared for 37 degree heat tomorrow. Wonder if the gym will finally turn the air-con on.

Apparently the latest thing is to turn the temperature up in some gyms.

Had a horrible experience some years back at a boxing gym. The owner (friend) was away overseas and an ex-NRL player ran the show.
He put us in a glass sweat box thing... had to ride a bike in there. They had a few fans blowing hot air. It was awful.

Later on I told the guy to "f off" (under my breath) whilst doing push ups after he booted me in the ribs and told me to "keep yer pecker off the floor". Didn't hurt.. (not the compliment) but he was crawling over himself with apologies afterwards. Think he respected me because I had the gall to challenge him.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm learning the types of people I need to drop my Ts for, starting to get some work too, but I'm off home for a month come December so will miss some of the more furious heat. Although it's the humidity really, sometimes it feels like it's draped over me.

Important to keep hydrated and preferably out of the direct sun. It can sap you pretty quickly here. Humidity gets worse by end of Jan-Feb.

Also. Don't leave items of clothing lying around outside draped over walls or chairs. Like Jule's cape being left outside. Never leave shoes outside.

This weather right now is when every type of creepy crawly comes out of its hole and starts walking... stumbling into areas they shouldn't be.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:UPDATE:

Thanks for the update. It's certainly a relief to hear that our Tino is not alive.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:31 am

Hot fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:12 am

Top fisting, PJ...

Last day in my current job today, start anew on Monday, exciting times.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:39 am

G'day ricko.
Time will hopefully fly today. Must be a great feeling. Good to have the new job lined up.
The Melburnian 4 have arrived. Left 5am, arrived 4pm. Long drive on a boiling hot day.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:07 am

It is indeed!

It is lovely and crisp here today, perfect autumnal morn. Though the resident southerners will probably be wrapped up in layers of Gore-Tex.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:15 am

Leaving presentation done, I hate those things

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:17 am

Many would probably envy your situation. Have the last smile before you leave.

Pissing down here now... dropped about 15 degrees. A fierce electrical storm just before.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:36 am

ooh cool, I love watching electrical storms!

I say leaving presentation it was more thrown through the door by security...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Crisp here today. Wrapped up in layers of Gore-Tex.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:08 pm

I will be wrapping my little finger up in my new Prince symbol ring. I can wear costume jewellery because I am secure in my masculinity. For the same reason, I don't need to wear Gore-Tex.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Julius has turned eccentric now that he’s famous.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:14 am

No better way to start the week than a mid-morning fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:18 am

Damn. It's the early fist that gets the worm.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am

Apologies Julius, should have offered it around fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:36 am

Galted wrote:Apologies Julius, should have offered a round fist.

Fixed.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Whattup, notches...

New place allows access... nice.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:37 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Whattup, notches...

New place allows access... nice.

I had assumed you asked about that in the interview.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:12 am

It was brought up, Jules, but you never know if it is just a smokescreen to get me here.

New place, new fist.

Morning

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 am

Must be nice to get that fist off your chest in the new workplace. Settles everyone down.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:09 am

Looks like PJ has joined Tino in that great Culture Cup in the sky
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-46105285

(Edit - although it would be ironic if it were Flipper killed by a shark.)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:12 am

Well fisted, Rick. Impressed with how you haven't shirked your CC duties despite your change in circumstances.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next