The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it lack of belief?

Go down

Is it lack of belief? Empty Is it lack of belief?

Post by ospreylian Thu 10 Feb 2011, 3:03 pm

WELSH players seem to have a natural talent for the game, however as history tells us, this rarely translates into a winning formula.

Taking my own team as an example ( not the only one I hasten to add), the Ospreys, the most often tag related to them is "that they are less than the sum of their parts". Littered with both Welsh and other capped players, all too often they fail to achieve the expectations of many. The fact that it's a disease spread across the regions and the national squad, surely means that it really can't be the problem just of the coaches. Or can it?
It's my belief that too many Welsh players come to believe the hype that surrounds them, and because of that then fail to reach their full potential.
There's an old saying in rugby union "get the basics right first" and it's here that all too often Welsh players fall down. Brilliant at the sidestep, the magic offload, the surge into the gap, it seems to me that this becomes the first option rather than making ground, committing the defence BEFORE trying the razzle dazzle.
It's a state of mind, but I don't know how it can be altered.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down