The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamilton runs out of belief?

+4
The Special Juan
Critical_mass
Irishgreen
monty junior
8 posters

Go down

Hamilton runs out of belief? Empty Hamilton runs out of belief?

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:24 am

Mr Hamilton is not a happy chappy ahead of the British Grand Prix.
After a bad decision on using old tyres in Q3 this is what he had to say to the press:

'It was a poor performance,' said Hamilton. 'I can't see the weather forecast from inside my car but I kept asking my guy, "What's the weather doing?". Everyone else went out on new tyres, while I was out on old ones. Also, we came here with uprades for the car, but haven't used any of them as they didn't work.'

And he added with a face like thunder: 'It's going to be a long, long season.'

These calamities have unquestionably heightened the already growing tension between Hamilton and McLaren. Team principal Martin Whitmarsh admitted: 'We let Lewis down.'

Hamilton's mood is one of stubborn resistance. He insisted on the eve of the race: 'Changes have to be made. When I re-sign any contract with McLaren they are going to be shocked at how many days they are going to be able to make me do.

'I won't be doing the whole period before the Silverstone Grand Prix, as I have done this time, that's for sure. I will have at least five days to prepare in future.'

Taken from: The Daily Mail Online Click Here

These comments will not be received well by McLaren. But with the strong possibility of rain at Silverstone anything can happen today. If he does well, will it all be forgotten?

Last edited by Y I Man on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Hamilton runs out of belief? Empty Re: Hamilton runs out of belief?

Post by monty junior Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:51 am

Hamilton wasn't the only one sent out when it started to rain, the force India's and i'm pretty sure Button also went out in the rain on new tyres and it didn't seen to effect where they qualified much in the end. The rain was pretty sudden as it was often only raining in one part of the track.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishgreen Sun 10 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

I wish he would quit yapping and just drive the bloody car. Rolling Eyes

Irishgreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

Yawn ^^ shhh

He's made a brilliant come back, running in 2nd at the mo!

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 10 Jul 2011, 3:26 pm

I think Hamilton should give it 1 more year. Even as a huge McLaren fan, I'm getting tired of them letting the drivers down. They let Button down today with the wheelnut and they have lost out to Ferrari as well now. If they don't give him a competitive car next year, I think he should consider leaving, but where to? Not RB, Horner wouldn't allow that and he and Alonso don't get on. He wants to leave, but where would he go?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jul 2011, 3:32 pm

To be fair the wheel nut incident was that just an incident. Its times like during Q3 when they a) send lewis out late - later then button and b) on used soft tyres??

I can handle people making mistakes like not doing a wheel nut up properly, but when they make errors like making the drivers pit when they're going to come out in traffic or choosing the wrong tyres is getting tiring.

Unless he's going to go to Ferrari or RB there's no point moving. I cant see him EVER going to Ferrari. At the moment theres no room at RB. He'll have no choice but to stay where he is.

But i agree, Mclaren need to pull their finger out and give Lewis and Jenson a car that can compete against RB.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2011, 3:43 pm

If anything it appears from the last few races that it's the Ferrari's who are catching Red Bull. They have kept quiet over this whole exhaust/diffuser regulations issue and just getting on with it. Alonso had a little luck today from the Red Bull pit crew, but he had a great drive and building a lead after that incident.

The people of Monza will be happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishgreen Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:07 pm

Why are you yawning CM?Have I said something wrong?

Irishgreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

Cos all drives moan and criticise, not just Lewis.

I agree Y1, Its Ferrari who are catching RB. But with the blown diffuser coming back into play after Silverstone, it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Also, whats happened to Mercedes?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 10 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

I think Ferrari are closer than everyone thinks. Silverstone suits the RB perfectly, as if it was specially designed for the car (of course it wasn't, I'm just making a point). It will be interesting to see how close Ferrari are at a track that doesn't favour the aerodynamics of the RB so heavily.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Sun 10 Jul 2011, 7:16 pm

I'm sorry but the Mclaren team is letting it's drivers down. Button and Hamilton have had pit lane incidents and Hamilton could have battled for 2nd today but was under-fueled.

The team needs to sort itself out. I can understand Hamilton wanting to reduce his media commitments, it's ridiculous the amount of PR stuff Mclaren want him to do

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jul 2011, 8:15 pm

Ron needs to be put back in charge! Not saying things were perfect with him, but certainly better then they are with Whitmarsh.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 10 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

Lewis should have been docked a position for his move on Massa at the last corner

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jul 2011, 9:19 pm

HIS move on Massa? It was Massa who made a move on Lewis, so b0ll0x he should have been docked a place. What a stupid thing to say.

Lewis had the racing line into the corner. Massa (rightly but optimistically) made a move round the outside, that would have been tough to pull off, he then turned into Lewis. I dont believe either should be punished as i think it was a racing incident and a good scrap until the end, but if they were to punish someone its Massa who should be punished imo.

Lewis was on the inside and had the racing line, its daft to think that Lewis should be punished. Stop talking nonsense.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 10 Jul 2011, 9:33 pm

I felt that Hamilton could have defended his position better tho mate, at the end of the day Massa should have made the position stick. Hamilton probably made the mistake by almost ploughing into Massa. Watching it 'Live' (on catchup) my gut instinct was that Hamilton was at fault for causing a collision.

Its called an opinion.

Best race of the season so far for me today. Alonso was out of this world good, Vettel showed that when someone pushes him he isnt as unbeatable as we have all made out. Driver of the day? Michael Shumacher, What a Drive considering the crash and the stop and go penalty. Perez drove brilliantly as well, him and Kobayashi must surely be stars of the future?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 10 Jul 2011, 9:44 pm

Yeah Perez did well to finish 7th after what he's been through recently, credit to him. MSC is improving race by race at the moment. Won't be long till he's caught up with Rosberg.

Poor Massa. Martin Brundle was spot on when he imitated what was probably being said at Ferrari: "How's Fernando doing? Ok? Right, let's bring in the other guy."
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

I know it was AN opinion, YOUR opinion. And this is called a DEBATE!!! Im not saying you cant have an opinion, im simply disagreeing with you.

So if the roles were reversed, would it have been Massa's fault then?

Lewis could have defended his position better, how exactly? He was on the racing line, on the inside into a chicane. Massa made a near impossible move on him into a tight chicane. Massa turned into the racing line where Lewis was. You saw that on the replay. Would you rather Lewis just give up the place is that what Lewis has to do in order to stop people b!tching about him. It was never gonna happen cos lewis is a racer and will fight every position.

who ever was on the racing line usually (more often then not) has the high ground as such. Lewis was on the racing line, massa attempted to go round the outside at a tight chicane, what else could have he done?

Tired of all this moaning about Lewis, even when he's not done wrong and another driver has (regardless of who the other driver is) they still try blaming him.

I try to be diplomatic with my arguments and not be blatently one sided even when that side is obviously wrong. Im wanting a debate, not an argument. Im just confused by all the Lewis bashing. No one seems to comment on all the incidents Schumacher has, but as soon as lewis has one everyone jumps on him. No wonder people thing there are conspiracies going on - cos people sure are making it look like a witch hunt for Lewis.

Back to the race - Great race from start to finish. Not an Alonso fan, but he deserved to win. Was glad to see someone other then Vettel win - thankfully we didnt have to see "the finger" :lol:
Really wanted Webber to come in second though - damn you Horner for denying us the battle for second.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:04 pm

If it was the other way around then it would, in my eyes, have been Massa's fault. Im not a big Hamilton fan, but as I said in my eyes it was a racing incident. The other way around it would have been Massa's fault 100%. Do you know if/think it was McLaren's or Lewis' fault that the fuel was so low?

By the finger dont you mean the ---moving finger! lol

Schumacher has had way too many incidents this season, although I think the contact with Kobayashi wasn't his fault as the track was wet today. IMO the stop and go was pretty harsh today as he'd already had to change his wing basically giving himself a penalty. Where would he have come without it?

Alguesuari (sp?) has answered a lot of his critics over the past few races as well

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:33 pm

Truth be told, the Massa incident was similar to Webbers shunt on Hamilton at Singapore last season. The stewards said it was a racing incident then and it was a racing incident.

Using Felipe's flawed logic regarding dangerous overtaking (when asking for a ban for Hamilton), I hereby submit the following; Massa is a dangerous driver, his kamikaze attempts at overtaking endanger the lives of other drivers and he should be punished for causing an avoidable accident.

Great to see a win for someone other than the lapper aka the finger. Long may it continue

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:39 pm

You didnt say it was a racing incident though you said you felt it was Lewis' was at fault for causing a collision - which was just a slight swipe of the front wing, which only affected himself - albeit it was the last corner.

The problem i have is, the stewards seem to punish the slightest collision or other incident like one wheel going over the track boundries. Because Lewis is one to have a go then its usually him whos under investigation. It needs to be nipped in the bud, the stewards are out of hand - they feel everything and anything deserves to be punished. This is has been going on years not just this season.

In regards to your question with the fuelling, its not a simple answer. I mean can you blame the driver? (im asking) Its the engineers responsibility to do the calculations to work out how much fuel a driver will need to last the race. As said during the program there's clearly a balancing act. But at the same time if a driver is pushing alot, they may get a little low on fuel towards the end of the race. But lewis was 10-12 laps short, which is a lot. Normally its about 2-5 laps short. So i would blame the engineer who was responsible for the calcs.

I agree schumacher has has too many incidents and the point i was making is 'the mob' hasnt jumped on him. I also agree that the kobayashi incident was down to conditions - he understeered. They always say "preventable collinsion" - every collision is avoidable. Like brundle said, by not getting out of bed its avoidable. Its a daft thing to punish people for.

I can see why they made it a stop and go as a drive through theyd have gained 2 seconds lol. BUt they should have made it either a 2 second stop and go or a 5 second one. sure he had to stop again, but its not fair for them to change the front wing and do the penalty all in one stop. The changing the wing would negate the stop as it would take almost as long to change the wing to the stop and go. (hope that makes sense lol)

No idea where he would have come without it, but certainly higher then where he finished haha

Alguesuari (i thnk you spelt it right haha) did well in the race. he made some good moves. Hope he gets more of a chance to prove himself.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:47 pm

Jaime (much easier to spell lol) has a bright future ahead if him. Buemi, is being regularly upstaged by jaime now.

I agree on the stewards, but still stand by my opinion that Lewis should have been moved down to 5th. Collisions aren't always avoidable, and schumi showed some pace today.

Hopefully Vettel will have a few dnf's with alonso/hamilton/button catching him.

Would love a win for Mercedes, Renault or pastor maldonaldo tho

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm

So which is it lol first you blamed lewis, then said it was a racing incident - therefore lewis shouldnt be put down to fifth. NOw youre goign back to saying lewis should have been put to 5th haha. Im confused!

I cant believe how well Maldonaldo is doing. Hope he gets a more competitive car next season, i reckon he'll do well in a better car. I want to see Petrov get on the podium too!

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:56 pm

Same mate, the ex gp 2 drivers are doing themselves proud. Wish hulkenberg had a car this year

Okay well if I say racing incident that was probably avoidable does that make sense. Luckily Lewis and massa didn't take each other out.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm

Yeah they are doing well!

It was a racing incident - so lewis should maintain 4th :-p ;-)

Roll on Hockenheim!!! Very Happy

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 11 Jul 2011, 10:41 am

all ill say is it was very similar to michael schumacher's incident earlier in the race which he got a stop-go pen ( was very harsh in my opinion)

here's what felipe had to say about the incident

"Well there is nothing really to say," he said. "I was close to Lewis going into the last corner. He went to the inside, I went outside, I went to brake after him and I was able to turn a little bit in front of him and he touched me a little bit, but I don't think it was anything really wrong, in my opinion.

"And then in the last corner I was completely running wide and I had to do an alteration and he was able to put the car inside. He had the better grip and he was able to finish, I don't know the difference, but only just in front."

Asked if he had enjoyed the battle, Massa replied: "Well no because I finished behind him but for you guys I think it was nice. But you always want to finish at the front."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 11 Jul 2011, 10:58 am

well that makes a change, after all the criticising he's done of Lewis, im suprised he didnt say he wanted an investigation lol.

You can still enjoy a battle even if you dont come out in front. Obviously this isnt the case with Massa ???

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by mark.blow Mon 11 Jul 2011, 9:01 pm

When asked about the incident between Massa and Hamilton, Domenicali said it was a racing incident, and nobody should be punished.

mark.blow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down