The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Dad's bigger than your Dad

+57
RugbyFan100
Exiledinborders
LordDowlais
Hoonercat
alfie
mikey_dragon
No9
alcoombe
The Great Aukster
TJ
Cumbrian
LeinsterFan4life
protea438
RDW
WELL-PAST-IT
Pot Hale
greenandpleasantland
stub
TheMildlyFranticLlama
mid_gen
Geordie
Heaf
alanmackie6
rugby4cast
Irish Londoner
yappysnap
RiscaGame
George Carlin
rodders
Sgt_Pooly
kingelderfield
nathan
Sharkey06
BamBam
propdavid_london
robbo277
Poorfour
Luckless Pedestrian
No 7&1/2
eirebilly
Engine#4
Yoda
SecretFly
Cyril
Mr Bounce
lostinwales
majesticimperialman
hugehandoff
Rugby Fan
Brendan
Taylorman
Duty281
munkian
Barney McGrew did it
TightHEAD
Collapse2005
LondonTiger
61 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

My Dad's bigger than your Dad - Page 17 Empty My Dad's bigger than your Dad

Post by LondonTiger Mon 05 Nov 2018, 3:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Date: Saturday 10th November 2018
Time: 15:00

Referee:       Jerome Garces (France)
Assistant 1:  Jaco Peyper (SA)
Assistant 2:  Marius Mitrea (Italy)
TMO:            Marius Jonker (SA)

Teams

England

[size=42]15 Elliot Daly (Wasps, 22 caps), 14 Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks, 40 caps), 13 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 14 caps), 12 Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors, 14 caps), 11 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 38 caps), 10 Owen Farrell (Saracens, 62 caps) co-captain, 9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 78 caps), 1 Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs, 1 cap), 2 Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints, 94 caps) co-captain, 3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 14 caps), 4 Maro Itoje (Saracens, 23 caps), 5 George Kruis (Saracens, 26 caps), 6 Brad Shields (Wasps, 3 caps), 7 Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 6 caps), 8 Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, 5 caps).[/size]
[size=42]Finishers[/size]
[size=42]16 Jamie George (Saracens, 29 caps), 17 Alec Hepburn (Exeter Chiefs, 3 caps), 18 Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, 12 caps), 19 Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 7 caps), 20 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 65 caps), 21 Danny Care (Harlequins, 82 caps), 22 George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 48 caps), 23 Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs, 27 caps).[/size]

New Zealand

1. Karl Tu'inukuafe (10)
2. Codie Taylor (39)
3. Owen Franks (104)
4. Samuel Whitelock (106)
5. Brodie Retallick (72)
6. Liam Squire (21) 
7. Ardie Savea (32)
8. Kieran Read - captain (115)
9. Aaron Smith (80)
10. Beauden Barrett (70)
11. Rieko Ioane (21)
12. Sonny Bill Williams (50)
13. Jack Goodhue (5)
14. Ben Smith (74)
15. Damian McKenzie (20)

16. Dane Coles (57)
17. Ofa Tuungafasi (23)
18. Nepo Laulala (14)
19. Scott Barrett (26)
20. Matt Todd (15)
21. TJ Perenara (52)
22. Richie Mo'unga (5)
23. Ryan Crotty (42

Last edited by LondonTiger on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 7:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : No-one cares about the game any more. So let's leave this to the bickering tweenagers)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

My Dad's bigger than your Dad - Page 17 Empty Re: My Dad's bigger than your Dad

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 14 Nov 2018, 11:37 am

Biltong wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I have not read the whole thread so not sure if this has been commented on but I was a little angry at Danny Care's theatrics at looking for a penalty in the closing minutes of Saturdays game. Had he not been so theatrical, the ref may have actually awarded England penalty.

Perhaps. I thought he should have certainly 'won' a penalty when he was tackled off the ball at the conclusion of the final All Blacks scrum but, as South Africa know, referees are far less likely to award such a penalty when it could decide the outcome of the game.

I do really dislike those theatrics that are creeping into the game, though. Perchance the referee could punish the actor?
i saw those theatrics a few times this weekend, not only danny Care.

Can't pinpoint those instances off hand, but thought it deserved a reprimand from the referees.

Another is this new method halfbacks use to "collect" the ball in preparation before the box kick. It slows down play and in my opinion are illegal.

Are you talking about this absurdly long 'tail' at the back of a ruck so there's virtually no chance of the scrum half getting charged down? I know why teams do it, but I still don't like it. If you take so long over a box kick that you get charged down, then so be it. Practise. Get better.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 11:39 am

Scrum halfs are allowed now to.move with their hands to make the process quicker ironically. Once it's picked up is when it is deemed out. Or once it's beyond the back foot of course.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 14 Nov 2018, 11:39 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Biltong wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I have not read the whole thread so not sure if this has been commented on but I was a little angry at Danny Care's theatrics at looking for a penalty in the closing minutes of Saturdays game. Had he not been so theatrical, the ref may have actually awarded England penalty.

Perhaps. I thought he should have certainly 'won' a penalty when he was tackled off the ball at the conclusion of the final All Blacks scrum but, as South Africa know, referees are far less likely to award such a penalty when it could decide the outcome of the game.

I do really dislike those theatrics that are creeping into the game, though. Perchance the referee could punish the actor?

Can't pinpoint those instances off hand, but thought it deserved a reprimand from the referees.

Another is this new method halfbacks use to "collect" the ball in preparation before the box kick. It slows down play and in my opinion are illegal.

Are you talking about this absurdly long 'tail' at the back of a ruck so there's virtually no chance of the scrum half getting charged down? I know why teams do it, but I still don't like it. If you take so long over a box kick that you get charged down, then so be it. Practise. Get better.

Yes that is half the issue, orchestrating the forwards for what feels like eons just to "feel protected"

But there were a number of incidents where halfbacks deliberately fall over exiting players from the ruck. In one instance the halfback had to reach back in a position to do a pushup just to connect with the exiting player.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 14 Nov 2018, 11:50 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Good news everyone. The IRFU has announced a three test tour to New Zealand in 2022.

Ireland will also play NZ in November 2021.

Yawn, another Irish tour. Wonder if we can top the 60 nil of the last tour. On the cards as by then Ireland will have been replaced at 2 for a couple of years. Usually the case. We never seem to get these teams when theyre the so called pick of the crop.

We should have got England when they toured ozzie, we should have got Ireland this year but then i guess if we did they wouldnt have had those results. Since the three test tours started in 2012 with Ireland, theyve all been here, france twice....not a single test won or drawn from any of them. Needed the Lions to win the only one test...

At least the RC throws up some interesting results. The NH tours here and the AIs? Yawn...they need to lift the game on these tours, perhaps that Irish dominance will change things? thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 14 Nov 2018, 11:52 am

SecretFly wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
Big wrote:Question - in an age of widespread obesity, does the comparative brag not become 'your Dad's bigger than my Dad'?
clap

That kinda fencing might get very risqué very quickly though.  Not a game for the queasy

'Fencing' is an interesting choice of word!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 14 Nov 2018, 11:55 am

Taylor, why you wishing away this century so soon?

There was a time when no man had walked on the moon. I was already alive then - the stone age.

But then Stanley Kubrick tricks came along and the world changed. Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 14 Nov 2018, 11:57 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
Big wrote:Question - in an age of widespread obesity, does the comparative brag not become 'your Dad's bigger than my Dad'?
clap

That kinda fencing might get very risqué very quickly though.  Not a game for the queasy

'Fencing' is an interesting choice of word!

I always like to use interesting words, Luckless. OK Words are the nicest of people.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 14 Nov 2018, 12:11 pm

Biltong wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Genia was doing it against Wales.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 14 Nov 2018, 12:24 pm

Yes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 1:49 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Good news everyone. The IRFU has announced a three test tour to New Zealand in 2022.

Yawn, another Irish tour. Wonder if we can top the 60 nil of the last tour. On the cards as by then Ireland will have been replaced at 2 for a couple of years. Usually the case. We never seem to get these teams when theyre the so called pick of the crop.

We should have got England when they toured ozzie, we should have got Ireland this year but then i guess if we did they wouldnt have had those results. Since the three test tours started in 2012 with Ireland, theyve all been here, france twice....not a single test won or drawn from any of them. Needed the Lions to win the only one test...

At least the RC throws up some interesting results. The NH tours here and the AIs? Yawn...they need to lift the game on these tours, perhaps that Irish dominance will change things? thumbsup

It depends on whether Schmidt is still in the job. If he is I fancy Ireland to nick a win.

A lot of yawning. Are you tired?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 14 Nov 2018, 4:45 pm

SecretFly wrote:Taylor, why you wishing away this century so soon?

There was a time when no man had walked on the moon.  I was already alive then - the stone age.

But then Stanley Kubrick tricks came along and the world changed. Cool

Ha ha, thise little anecdotes are really just for guns who seems to like to scurrell away at the basement level.

Got my doubts about neil and his boys anyway. I prefer the Elliot Gould version from the documentary Capricorn One, mind you, that helicopter pilot looked familiar. Loved the ‘Mums on the roof joke’!.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 14 Nov 2018, 4:47 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

It depends on whether Schmidt is still in the job. If he is I fancy Ireland to nick a win.

Yes, i guess without the kiwi coach theyre hopeless huh? Fair enough. Who knows, in three years you might have a dozen more Okee’s qualify residentially by then, then you could front with a haka then itll all be on. Then the team could all meet their whanau afterwards and discuss their whakapapa.. Sounds great. thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 4:51 pm

What does scurrell mean Taylorman? Did you just make up a word?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 14 Nov 2018, 4:54 pm

You work it out sonny. No time for lessons today.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 4:54 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Yes, i guess without the kiwi coach theyre hopeless huh? Fair enough. Who knows, in three years you might have a dozen more Okee’s qualify residentially by then, then you could front with a haka then itll all be on. Then the team could all meet their whanau afterwards and discuss their whakapapa.. Sounds great. thumbsup

Irelands squad has the same number of residency qualified players as New Zealand's. There was a good debate on this on rugby on off the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1LkaItTlPs

There is a certain level of hypocrisy shown by New Zealanders that was quite well debated by the OTB team.

Interestingly Gregor Paul New Zealand's favourite journalist did concede that the ABs were dirty in the test in 2016.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 4:56 pm

Taylorman wrote:You work it out sonny. No time for lessons today.

If you didn't skip your lessons you wouldn't need to make up words.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:01 pm

Ok, Can you hold those thoughts, just gotta pop down the tackle shop for some more bait, running out, and theres a big catch out there loving this stuff. thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:04 pm

Taylorman wrote:Ok, Can you hold those thoughts, just gotta pop down the tackle shop for some more bait, running out, and theres a big catch out there loving this stuff. thumbsup

Well done, off you go.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:04 pm

Ah. This is an act. Thank goodness as I was starting to worry about the education these young Samoans were getting after travelling so far.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:09 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ah. This is an act. Thank goodness as I was starting to worry about the education these young Samoans were getting after travelling so far.

And sure enough, Wonderboy to the rescue. ‘Dont worry Batman, I got ya covered’. ‘BIFF!’ ‘KAPOWW!’, ‘WHAMMO’.... now back to the Batcave Run

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:11 pm

Thank goodness. Off you pop cherub.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:20 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Irelands squad has the same number of residency qualified players as New Zealand's. There was a good debate on this on rugby on off the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1LkaItTlPs

There is a certain level of hypocrisy shown by New Zealanders that was quite well debated by the OTB team.

Interestingly Gregor Paul New Zealand's favourite journalist did concede that the ABs were dirty in the test in 2016.

Except when you get them in theyre fully qualified professionals, All Blacks, and superxv winners before they start their residence. You get them after theyve been through our system when theyre packaged, labelled, texted and proven. We get them when theyre a kid. Youve never seemed to have understood that part huh? Pretty simple really. You get the shiny new offroader with trophies on it, we get a bunch of scrap metal.

And Ill say they were dirty, dirty good, and theyll be that way this weekend. Stop playing the gormless victim and harden up. This aint tiddly winks...well, might be for your side, perhaps thats the problem.

Last edited by Taylorman on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:21 pm

Sounds a bit racist.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:24 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Sounds a bit racist.

Most ignorance is.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:26 pm

So become a little less ignorant Taylor.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:46 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So become a little less ignorant Taylor.

Aha. Funny you and guns, the most humourless pair on the planet. Im sitting here with all these spoons wondering which one to use on the pot next. laughing

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 14 Nov 2018, 6:23 pm

Taylorman wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:So become a little less ignorant Taylor.

Aha. Funny you and guns, the most humourless pair on the planet. Im sitting here with all these spoons wondering which one to use on the pot next. laughing
Here's an alternative. How about I lock this crock of sheize right now? 

It long since stopped being anything productive about rugby.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17