The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

+11
Trebs
Marky
TwisT
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Renege
BamBam
Azzy
Hero
$ka
Afro
15 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 19 Empty FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

Post by Afro Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the FIFA Challenge League

Game uses FIFA 19 version as at 10/01/2019
https://sofifa.com/?v=19&e=159334&set=true

Week 10
Grimsby Town v Macclesfield
Lincoln City v Bury
Cheltenham Town v Exeter City
Crewe Alexandra v Newport County
Colchester v Mansfield Town
Crawley Town v MK Dons
Cambridge Utd v Carlisle United
Morecambe v Forest Green

Hardcore Cup 2nd Round:

Links

https://www.twitch.tv/hero606v2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rzMxThEbVCIiOq_gKOmMqH7WgcsIpYxleuPOWIzg-4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Team_________Manager
Bury_________$ka
Cambridge Utd_________Dolph
Carlisle United_________Fluxy
Cheltenham Town_________Twist
Colchester_________Azzy
Crawley Town_________Marky
Crewe Alexandra_________Nads
Exeter City_________Trebs
Forest Green_________TAB
Grimsby Town_________Fernando
Lincoln City_________Bam
Macclesfield_________Hero
Mansfield Town_________Rof
MK Dons_________Olly
Morecambe_________Afro
Newport County_________Sodhat

Matches_________Transfers_________Other
Fixtures_________Lawyers_________Rules
Table_________Foreigns_________Press Conferences
Injuries_________Releases_________
Tactics_________Confirmation_________
Results__________________
Cards__________________

Last edited by Afro on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 10:59 am; edited 68 times in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 19 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019, 5:34 pm

Round 8 - Would you rather be the smartest moron or dumbest genius?

Dumbest Genius - Bam and Azzy (obviously was just Bam before Azzy joined in!)
Smartest Moron - Nadz, Afro, Hero and Marky

Final Scores:
Bam - 28 king
Hero - 27
Nadz - 27
Afro - 26
Marky - 24
Azzy - 14

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 19 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 25 Jan 2019, 7:12 pm

Joint second place. I'll take it! Cheers for doing sheep fluxy OK
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 25 Jan 2019, 9:29 pm

Think I'm the dumbest genius for knowing Azzy would agree with me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 Jan 2019, 10:11 pm

I had a go before scrolling down to see the answers and it’s clear I did not do well

1. The FA Cup returns this weekend, name a Premier League side still in the competition?
Arsenal
2. There was a 'Super blood wolf moon' but can you name another phase of the lunar cycle?
Eclipse
3. In the cricket, England collapsed in Bridgetown, against the West Indies with only James Anderson's wicket remaining safe. But name someone who lost their wicket against the WIndies?
Root
4. Name a type of bird?
Blue tit
5. Name someone that took a penalty and scored it, in the semi-final shootout between Chelsea and Spurs last night?
Willian
6. Commuters in Tokyo are being offered what for avoiding rush hour trains?
Money
7. President Trump served a candlelit McDonald's dinner for the Clemson Tigers football team. But which Fast Food deserves to be served on silver platters?
KFC
8. Would you rather be the smartest moron or dumbest genius?
DUMBEST GENIUS

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:48 pm

Finally got a decent price increase on a player. From 180k to 3.6m for Walukewicz.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jan 2019, 5:26 am

Think I had Grant on my bench, Hero. Chuck Curtis in there, or just anyone if not

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 28 Jan 2019, 9:50 am

TBF to me, I knew Dier had taken a penalty. I didn't know the game was on, or even that it went to penalties, and didn't have time to check as Sheep was already halfway through Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:09 am

Been giving thought to the signing of players not on FIFA, and the issue Hero raised on Friday i.e. the loophole that someone in a league not on FIFA could be signed for £200k and then enter the league well over the 70 rating cap.

Example of this would be when Jesus signed for City. He wouldn't have been on FIFA, and his value was still relatively low at that point. Someone would have been able to sign him, knowing he was moving for c£30m and that his rating was highly likely to be well above 70.

So we propose the following (which hopefully also clears up some confusion on versions)

• There are always 2 versions of FIFA to consider. The latest update available and the version that Hero's game is updated to, and is used in the game. The current game version is 10th Jan. The version being used will always been shown on the homepage.

• If a player appears on both versions, they are available for purchase and they must be 70 rated or less on both versions

• If a player appears on one version, but not both, they are available for purchase and they must be 70 rated or less on that version

• If a player appears on neither version, they are not available for purchase until they appear on the latest update available

• This would be applied going forward only. Any players already in the league are unaffected
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:33 am

Just noticed that due to the second update, Takehiro Tomiyasu is now a 73, rather than the 71 he would have been with the Christmas update FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 19 3559488474

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 28 Jan 2019, 1:15 pm

Tactics sent.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 28 Jan 2019, 1:58 pm

Afro wrote:Been giving thought to the signing of players not on FIFA, and the issue Hero raised on Friday i.e. the loophole that someone in a league not on FIFA could be signed for £200k and then enter the league well over the 70 rating cap.

Example of this would be when Jesus signed for City. He wouldn't have been on FIFA, and his value was still relatively low at that point. Someone would have been able to sign him, knowing he was moving for c£30m and that his rating was highly likely to be well above 70.

So we propose the following (which hopefully also clears up some confusion on versions)

• There are always 2 versions of FIFA to consider. The latest update available and the version that Hero's game is updated to, and is used in the game. The current game version is 10th Jan. The version being used will always been shown on the homepage.

• If a player appears on both versions, they are available for purchase and they must be 70 rated or less on both versions

• If a player appears on one version, but not both, they are available for purchase and they must be 70 rated or less on that version

• If a player appears on neither version, they are not available for purchase until they appear on the latest update available

• This would be applied going forward only. Any players already in the league are unaffected

This really scuppers the signing I had in mind

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 28 Jan 2019, 2:15 pm

https://twitter.com/MundoFlaviense/status/1084532508312653824

Now why the hell doesn't he run like that in my matches?! Sad

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 28 Jan 2019, 2:18 pm

BamBam wrote:
Afro wrote:Been giving thought to the signing of players not on FIFA, and the issue Hero raised on Friday i.e. the loophole that someone in a league not on FIFA could be signed for £200k and then enter the league well over the 70 rating cap.

This really scuppers the signing I had in mind

Even more reason to adopt it.

TBH it is just a proposal, but I do think we should adopt it. It removes a potential loophole to get around the ratings cap.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 28 Jan 2019, 2:21 pm

I support President Afro's manifesto.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 28 Jan 2019, 2:27 pm

What if we said you can't sign anyone from a club not in FIFA, but you can sign players who aren't yet listed in their club. They'd also have to be within the ratings cap to be eligible to play, regardless of when they are added

Doing it the way suggested would have meant I couldn't sign Greenwood, who was always going to be below the cap and at a low TM value if any. Just think it limits the youth identification side of the game

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 28 Jan 2019, 2:45 pm

BamBam wrote:What if we said you can't sign anyone from a club not in FIFA, but you can sign players who aren't yet listed in their club. They'd also have to be within the ratings cap to be eligible to play, regardless of when they are added

Doing it the way suggested would have meant I couldn't sign Greenwood, who was always going to be below the cap and at a low TM value if any. Just think it limits the youth identification side of the game

I do understand your point

That approach would still have a loophole. Using the Jesus example, he arrived at Man City and wouldn't have been added to the game until the nest update. This approach would allow him to have been signed in that window between signing and the update.

Also trying to keep it as simple as possible
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Mon 28 Jan 2019, 2:49 pm

But Jesus would be over 70 and wouldn’t have been eligible is what Bam is saying?

Doesn’t impact me though

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 28 Jan 2019, 3:01 pm

Using Jesus as an example - his move to City was announced in August 2016 for the following January, and he had a market value of 16m. If we assume rumours would have been flying a few months before that, his TM value from Jan - May 2016 was 4m

If he was added to FIFA in Jan 2017 with a rating above 70, I wouldn't have been able to play him, and would be waiting until the end of the season before I was able to get the benefit of his admittedly massive TM rise, surely that is just risk and reward

My thinking with not allowing players from clubs not in FIFA is that it limits the Brazilian clubs who aren't licensed but churn out players who'll get big moves and would in reality be way over 70 rated if they were in FIFA, but still allows you to pick up the Greenwoods of the world

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 28 Jan 2019, 3:05 pm

I understand and can see your point of view entirely. TBH I didn't look into any details of Jesus and timings etc. Just a recent example of someone with a high reputation moving from a league not in FIFA, rather than specific values etc.

How about a halfway house. If they are added to FIFA and their starting rating is more than 70, they must be released for their purchase price, and you get an additional lawyer that week.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 28 Jan 2019, 3:20 pm

So....

• If a player appears on neither version, but are currently at a club who are full licenced on FIFA (i.e. the squad uses the real players) they are available for purchase. However, if they are added to FIFA and their starting rating is greater than 70 (or the current cap at the time), they cannot be played until their rating is within the cap (either through a reduction in rating in a FIFA update, or by an increase in the ratings cap)

• If a player appears on neither version, and are currently at a club who are not full licenced on FIFA (e.g. Brazilian and Russian teams, which use fake players) they are not available for purchase.

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 28 Jan 2019, 3:34 pm

Works for me Hug

Just made the signing I was put off making angel

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 28 Jan 2019, 3:56 pm

In case anyone wants to add to their squad, the following are available at their TM price:

GK Oh Seung Hoon - £203k - 68 *Ulsan Hyundai
RB Ryan Jackson - £135k - 64 *Colchester United
RB Liam Shephard - £68k - 62 *Forest Green Rovers
CB Gavin Gunning - £225k - 65 *Forest Green
LM/RM/ST Franck Nouble - £225k - 64 *Colchester United
CM Ryan Harley - £135k - 61 *MK Dons

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 28 Jan 2019, 4:30 pm

I'll take Hoon at £203k

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 28 Jan 2019, 4:40 pm

Marky, you can confirm that.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 28 Jan 2019, 4:47 pm

Will do

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Jan 2019, 1:21 am

Shouldn’t it just be that if they come in and they’re above the cap then they’re not allowed? Like, if you bought Jesus and then when he first entered fifa he was above the limit at the time (70, 75 etc) then you have to return him or not use him until the cap goes up?

In that example, I’d guess he came in about an 83? If we were at the 75 point, you’re holding a player for a long time, so you can’t sell the profit, you either keep him and wait almost indefinitely, or you return him and get the cost back?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 29 Jan 2019, 7:52 am

Going to start Lawyers and injuries in a mo.

Could someone do mine, plus injuries for Tab please
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 29 Jan 2019, 8:28 am

Random list website is down atm, so can't do injuries or lawyers just yet
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Jan 2019, 8:39 am

https://www.randomlists.com/list-randomizer?items=&qty=6&dup=false

Ths is usually my backup for when random.org is down

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:10 am

FGR Injuries
Nehuen Perez - £0k - 70 *Argentinos
Jean-Francois Gillet - £90k - 70 *Standard Liege
Jose Semedo - £225k - 70 * Vitoria de Setubal

Morecambe injuries
Brandon Comley (Colchester) - £0 - 63
Rodolfo (Al Hazem) - £90k - 70
Nery Leyes (Atlético Tucumán) - £315k - 70

Morecambe lawyers
Youssef Kalfa (Al Hazem) - £0 - 70
Lucas Mugni (Lanus) - £135k - 70

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:11 am

Ta - I actually found that site a little easier to use

Lawyers and injuries are up
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:12 am

Yeah, you don't need to keep returning to the homepage to run a new team

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:22 am

BamBam wrote:FGR Injuries

Both first choice CB's and GK, brutal! Shocked

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:29 am

Don't think I'm going to make any signings this week Tab, so can do tactics whenever you are ready
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:34 am

Take a boo wrote:

Blame Fluxy

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:36 am

Afro wrote:Don't think I'm going to make any signings this week Tab, so can do tactics whenever you are ready

Ok cool, my team pretty much picks itself this week so I'll get mine in shortly.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:36 am

BamBam wrote:
Take a boo wrote:

Blame Fluxy

Fluxy mad mad

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:37 am

I'm glad I picked this kid up before the ban on players from non FIFA clubs - https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2019/01/26/5c4c3f08468aeba21d8b45e3.html

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:40 am

Take a boo wrote:
BamBam wrote:
Take a boo wrote:

Blame Fluxy

Fluxy mad mad

kiss

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:54 am

I'm at my limit of non FIFA players Sad

If anyone would like suggestions of players who are likely to get TM rises and are currently not FIFA, I'm willing to act as a transfer consultant for a cut of future profits Very Happy

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:59 am

Need a press conference?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Jan 2019, 10:03 am

Yes pleasee

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Jan 2019, 10:23 am

Got to be honest, I'm delighted with those

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 29 Jan 2019, 10:40 am

You're on a roll Dolph. First your Royal Rumble recap, now this.

Best presser ever.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 29 Jan 2019, 10:52 am

Dolph is in charge of Press Conferences going forward, until he does a rubbish one
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:22 am

Remember I'm away this weekend in Austria so treat it as international weekend.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:24 am

Still not had Olly's tactics for last week.

Bonus wise Olly, Marky and Nadz miss out.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:25 am

Danke

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:17 pm

Hero wrote:Still not had Olly's tactics for last week.

Bonus wise Olly, Marky and Nadz miss out.
That's a bit unfair. I sent my tactics on Friday but I had to resend them to you when you told me Minala wasn't on the game on Saturday.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:31 pm

Also it's not fair on me. I couldn't be bothered to do tactics Friday.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next