The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

+11
Trebs
Marky
TwisT
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Renege
BamBam
Azzy
Hero
$ka
Afro
15 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 Empty FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

Post by Afro Sat 10 Nov 2018 - 11:49

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the FIFA Challenge League

Game uses FIFA 19 version as at 10/01/2019
https://sofifa.com/?v=19&e=159334&set=true

Week 10
Grimsby Town v Macclesfield
Lincoln City v Bury
Cheltenham Town v Exeter City
Crewe Alexandra v Newport County
Colchester v Mansfield Town
Crawley Town v MK Dons
Cambridge Utd v Carlisle United
Morecambe v Forest Green

Hardcore Cup 2nd Round:

Links

https://www.twitch.tv/hero606v2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rzMxThEbVCIiOq_gKOmMqH7WgcsIpYxleuPOWIzg-4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Team_________Manager
Bury_________$ka
Cambridge Utd_________Dolph
Carlisle United_________Fluxy
Cheltenham Town_________Twist
Colchester_________Azzy
Crawley Town_________Marky
Crewe Alexandra_________Nads
Exeter City_________Trebs
Forest Green_________TAB
Grimsby Town_________Fernando
Lincoln City_________Bam
Macclesfield_________Hero
Mansfield Town_________Rof
MK Dons_________Olly
Morecambe_________Afro
Newport County_________Sodhat

Matches_________Transfers_________Other
Fixtures_________Lawyers_________Rules
Table_________Foreigns_________Press Conferences
Injuries_________Releases_________
Tactics_________Confirmation_________
Results__________________
Cards__________________

Last edited by Afro on Thu 31 Jan 2019 - 10:59; edited 68 times in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

Post by Azzy Wed 23 Jan 2019 - 11:14

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Azzy wrote:In serious news, I found out yesterday that a former colleague of mine was sent down last summer for being an online nonce. Apparently he'd been downloading that kind of content, and my employer was forced to suspend him with full pay throughout the whole proceedings.

I feel like the serious message you’re trying to drive home here is that you would do it for the paid time off
He apparently was stressed by writing a book, and that's what made him do it. I also wrote a book, but I didn't resort to being that sort of lowlife. I really hope he was made prison bizatch.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

Post by Azzy Wed 23 Jan 2019 - 11:20

Turpitz on the move, I'd have been interested. Why don't managers hawk their players if they're keen to sell? Rolling Eyes

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 23 Jan 2019 - 11:27

Azzy wrote:Turpitz on the move, I'd have been interested. Why don't managers hawk their players if they're keen to sell? Rolling Eyes

Make an offer Whistle
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Wed 23 Jan 2019 - 11:35

Azzy wrote:Turpitz on the move, I'd have been interested. Why don't managers hawk their players if they're keen to sell? Rolling Eyes

Didn't realise there was a wider interest, was just looking to make some quick cash to beat the TM rise for Vega who's recently moved for £7m.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 23 Jan 2019 - 11:40

Dolph - did you update your FIFA to match the league teams? I ask as this week has 4 cup games alongside the league games, so if you were willing, you could do the cup games and ease the additional work landing on Hero
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Wed 23 Jan 2019 - 12:12

I thought the Torpedo was TAB’s main man too!

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 23 Jan 2019 - 23:00

Going forward could people try to name their messages to include their team and their opponents. Just makes it easier for me at a glance to see if I have both sets and can play a game.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 0:03

Afro wrote:Dolph - did you update your FIFA to match the league teams? I ask as this week has 4 cup games alongside the league games, so if you were willing, you could do the cup games and ease the additional work landing on Hero

I didn't get round to it in the end, I got lost in getting all my s*** together for coming back to Oz. I could do a late update and do it, especially as it's the Cup and it doesn't matter as much, but the discrepancy could be problematic

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 10:04

Hero wrote:Going forward could people try to name their messages to include their team and their opponents. Just makes it easier for me at a glance to see if I have both sets and can play a game.
Some of us consider your feelings and have done this ever since the season began Whistle

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 10:10

Azzy wrote:
Hero wrote:Going forward could people try to name their messages to include their team and their opponents. Just makes it easier for me at a glance to see if I have both sets and can play a game.
Some of us consider your feelings and have done this ever since the season began Whistle

+1

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 10:13

TwisT wrote:
Azzy wrote:

+1

But I have done now and will do so going forward
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 10:40

My pms are usually titled with a witty remark on my opposition

Last week it was Week 8 tactics vs Nads nonces

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 10:59

BamBam wrote:My pms are usually titled with a witty remark on my opposition

That's not witty. That's just factual
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 11:01

Basically Hero wanted you to put "Week 8: Bam's Bandits v Nads Nonces"

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 11:06

Marky wrote:

Would "Bummers" not get through the profanity filter?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 11:07

Afro wrote:
Marky wrote:

The implication was "Bum Bandits", but more subtle.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 11:12

Marky wrote:
Afro wrote:
Marky wrote:

The implication was "Bum Bandits", but more subtle.

Sorry too subtle for me. I need in your face blatant
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 11:16

I prefer Bam's Bummers - the insinuation is that the opposition will be the ones getting bummed

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 11:19

BamBam wrote:I prefer Bam's Bummers - the insinuation is that the opposition will be the ones getting bummed

Not exactly much danger of that for at least half the league, considering where you sit in the table...  Run

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 11:38

I prefer to pick on the weak and defenceless

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 21:43

Will get tactics done today, former overlord. Jetlag and settling in has me less than organised

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 9:49

Hero - there's a player I want that appears to be in the game, yet I can't find him on Transfermarkt and his club on Sofifa is listed as "Paraguay."

Do they have a base of players for nations that are on the game?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 9:55

I would just go with 200k, that's what I did with one of my signings who I couldn't find on TM

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 10:01

The value doesn't worry me, if he's found then I'll either pay up or demand a no fee release FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 3933776953 . It's more that I have to play him this week cos both my keepers are injured, so the new signing needs to be an eligible keeper.

I've done a backup signing on the confirmation board so if Hero can't find him then I will put it on tactics to use the other

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 10:08

What did we decide on players not on FIFA

I have a target that is on the latest update, but not on the 10th Jan version. Can I sign him?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 10:13

Don't see why not, I've got 2 in my squad on the same basis

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 10:14

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:The value doesn't worry me, if he's found then I'll either pay up or demand a no fee release FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 3933776953 . It's more that I have to play him this week cos both my keepers are injured, so the new signing needs to be an eligible keeper.

I've done a backup signing on the confirmation board so if Hero can't find him then I will put it on tactics to use the other

He's definitely not on TM. I did a search by his DOB on FIFA and he doesn't appear. I assume he is a fictional player, like the ones in the Brazilian league.

Therefore I say he is alright
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 12:13

Had a slight niggling concern in regards to players not on FIFA atm but that may later appear.
The concern is that someone buys a player that when they then get added to FIFA they are over the cap by some margin. So for example there's an older player that's in a league not used by FIFA presently (Brazil or Russia etc), someone buys them and the player IRL transfer then to a league in FIFA and as a result an update then adds them in and they've got a value of 85.
What then?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 12:15

Sheep anyone?

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 12:17

Didn't we say something about the player having to be within the ratings cap to be eligible to play?

Happy to play Sheep

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 12:22

I can play sheep but am likely out for lunch until 1400...

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 12:53

Answers to me by 1400, will do the answers following that, at some point this afternoon!

1. The FA Cup returns this weekend, name a Premier League side still in the competition?
2. There was a 'Super blood wolf moon' but can you name another phase of the lunar cycle?
3. In the cricket, England collapsed in Bridgetown, against the West Indies with only James Anderson's wicket remaining safe. But name someone who lost their wicket against the WIndies?
4. Name a type of bird?
5. Name someone that took a penalty and scored it, in the semi-final shootout between Chelsea and Spurs last night?
6. Commuters in Tokyo are being offered what for avoiding rush hour trains?
7. President Trump served a candlelit McDonald's dinner for the Clemson Tigers football team. But which Fast Food deserves to be served on silver platters?
8. Would you rather be the smartest moron or dumbest genius?

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 13:10

Q8 reminds me of the off topic section.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 14:01

Fluxy wrote:Answers to me by 1400, will do the answers following that, at some point this afternoon!

1. The FA Cup returns this weekend, name a Premier League side still in the competition?
2. There was a 'Super blood wolf moon' but can you name another phase of the lunar cycle?
3. In the cricket, England collapsed in Bridgetown, against the West Indies with only James Anderson's wicket remaining safe. But name someone who lost their wicket against the WIndies?
4. Name a type of bird?
5. Name someone that took a penalty and scored it, in the semi-final shootout between Chelsea and Spurs last night?
6. Commuters in Tokyo are being offered what for avoiding rush hour trains?
7. President Trump served a candlelit McDonald's dinner for the Clemson Tigers football team. But which Fast Food deserves to be served on silver platters?
8. Would you rather be the smartest moron or dumbest genius?

Just got back. Will submit now if that is okay?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 14:12

crack on mate

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 14:12

Happy to wait for a few more sets of answers, only three at the mo

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 15:56

I'll quickly do some now, quickfire

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 16:08

Will do the answers in a bit, thank you for the entries. If anyone else fancies a quick-fire go, just throw them at me!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 16:47

Sorry took a little longer than expected...

Round 1 - The FA Cup returns this weekend, name a Premier League side still in the competition?

Man Utd - everyone  Shocked

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 16:49

Round 2 - There was a 'Super blood wolf moon' but can you name another phase of the lunar cycle?

Full moon - Bam, Afro, and Hero
Eclipse - Marky
Super moon - Nadz

Scores: 
Bam, Afro, and Hero - 8
Marky and Nadz - 6

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 16:50

Round 3 - In the cricket, England collapsed in Bridgetown, against the West Indies with only James Anderson's wicket remaining safe. But name someone who lost their wicket against the WIndies?

Joe Root - everyone  Shocked

Scores: 
Bam, Afro, and Hero - 13
Marky and Nadz - 11

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 16:53

Round 4 - Name a type of bird?

Pigeon - Bam and Marky
Eagle - Nadz and Hero
Black bird - Afro  picard

Scores: 
Bam and Hero - 15 FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 T31125
Afro - 14
Marky and Nadz 13

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 16:55

Round 5 - Name someone that took a penalty and scored it, in the semi-final shootout between Chelsea and Spurs last night?

Jorginho - Bam and Marky
David Luiz - Afro and Hero
Willian - Nadz FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 S0954

Scores: 
Bam and Hero - 17
Afro - 16
Marky - 15
Nadz - 14

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 16:56

Oooh, the tension

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 16:58

Flux, you could have joined in yourself if you'd sent someone your answers !

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 17:01

We have had a late entry...

Fluxy wrote:Round 5 - Name someone that took a penalty and scored it, in the semi-final shootout between Chelsea and Spurs last night?

Jorginho - Bam and Marky
David Luiz - Afro and Hero
Willian - Nadz FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 S0954

Eric Dier - I mean he bloody missed the moon let alone the goal.... - Azzy

Scores: 
Bam and Hero - 17
Afro - 16
Marky - 15
Nadz - 14

Azzy - 1 FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 S0959

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 17:02

BamBam wrote:Flux, you could have joined in yourself if you'd sent someone your answers !

Didn't really have the chance to mate!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 17:04

Round 6 - Commuters in Tokyo are being offered what for avoiding rush hour trains?

Noodles - Bam, Nadz, Afro, Hero, and Azzy
Free tickets - Marky FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 T2628

Scores:
Bam and Hero - 22 FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 18 T31103
Afro - 21
Nadz - 19
Marky 16
Azzy - 6

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 17:07

Round 7 - President Trump served a candlelit McDonald's dinner for the Clemson Tigers football team. But which Fast Food deserves to be served on silver platters?

KFC - Bam, Nadz, Marky and Azzy
5 guys - Hero
Cheeseburgers - Afro

Scores: 
Bam - 26
Hero - 23
Afro - 22
Nadz - 23
Marky - 20
Azzy - 10

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 17:11

Well, Azzy joining in made this final one interesting...  Run

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next