The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations - IRELAND v ENGLAND 2nd Feb 2019

+54
alcoombe
B91212
Sgt_Pooly
Mr Bounce
Ninjarugby
geoff999rugby
RDW
stub
EnglishReign
Geordie
nathan
Scottrf
TJ
formerly known as Sam
Barney McGrew did it
rosbif
Luckless Pedestrian
majesticimperialman
yappysnap
Yoda
maestegmafia
the-goon
propdavid_london
Exiledinborders
carpet baboon
Presuming Ed
lostinwales
king_carlos
TrailApe
Sharkey06
Cyril
Geen sport voor watjes
The Great Aukster
Rugby Fan
Pot Hale
WELL-PAST-IT
Collapse2005
munkian
Gooseberry
LondonTiger
BamBam
No 7&1/2
LordDowlais
Taylorman
mikey_dragon
hugehandoff
Pie
Poorfour
Brendan
robbo277
Duty281
rodders
SecretFly
TightHEAD
58 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

6 Nations - IRELAND v ENGLAND 2nd Feb 2019 - Page 4 Empty 6 Nations - IRELAND v ENGLAND 2nd Feb 2019

Post by TightHEAD Mon 26 Nov 2018, 11:15 am

First topic message reminder :

6 Nations

IRELAND v ENGLAND

Saturday 02 February 2019 16:45 GMT

Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Maybe a little early but I for one can not wait for this fixture. 2nd vs 4th.

The 6 Nations is officially the BEST rugby competition........................In the World.

England starting XV (485 caps)

15 Elliot Daly (Wasps, 25 caps), 14 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 40 caps), 13 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 17 caps), 12 Manu Tuiagi (Leicester Tigers, 27 caps), 11 Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs, 29 caps), 10 Owen Farrell (Saracens, 65 caps), 9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 80 caps); 1 Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 51 caps), 2 Jamie George (Saracens, 32 caps), 3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 17 caps), 4 Maro Itoje (Saracens, 26 caps), 5 George Kruis (Saracens, 27 caps), 6 Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, 8 caps), 7 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 5 caps), 8 Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 36 caps).

Finishers (206 caps)

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 7 caps), 17 Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 5 caps), 18 Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, 15 caps), 19 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 68 caps), 20 Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 18 caps), 21 Dan Robson (Wasps, uncapped), 22 George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 51 caps), 23 Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks, 42 caps).

Last edited by TightHEAD on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - IRELAND v ENGLAND 2nd Feb 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: 6 Nations - IRELAND v ENGLAND 2nd Feb 2019

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 17 Dec 2018, 2:45 pm

Really? Did you really think Bath would win in Lansdowne Road? I mean they only have about three or four really good players.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - IRELAND v ENGLAND 2nd Feb 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: 6 Nations - IRELAND v ENGLAND 2nd Feb 2019

Post by TightHEAD Mon 17 Dec 2018, 2:55 pm

Not what I was getting at, but Bath have more quality players than that, unfortunately the coaches have destroyed their spirits.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 17 Dec 2018, 3:07 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Not what I was getting at, but Bath have more quality players than that, unfortunately the coaches have destroyed their spirits.

What were you hoping? That Bath would injure some key Ireland players?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 17 Dec 2018, 4:27 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
king_carlos wrote:Devin Toner?

Yep

Very impressive performances from Henderson and Ryan at the weekend as well, both incorrectly pipped as MOTM in my opinion.

Stockdale and Larmour looking very sharp as well.

Not sure it will help us stop the irrepressible Sam Underhill from making us look like a bunch of under-13 school boys at the breakdown but you've got to cling to the positives.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 17 Dec 2018, 4:30 pm

Yeah Underhill is great but Id fancy Ireland's backrow to keep him reasonably quiet and manage him impact as they did v Pocock in the Australia series to some degree of success.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 17 Dec 2018, 4:34 pm

It's going to be a great showdown if we can b9th get our first choice packs out.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Mon 17 Dec 2018, 4:56 pm

I simply think Ireland are the more mature team. On paper the line ups will be of similar quality with both teams full of quality players and perhaps on Furlong and Sexton as standouts above the rest. The Sexton Farrell face off will be a deciding factor but ultimately I think Ireland have a greater cohesion and this being Game 1 for both sides, will edge a close home fixture.

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 17 Dec 2018, 11:15 pm

England by 9. thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 17 Dec 2018, 11:50 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:It's going to be a great showdown if we can b9th get our first choice packs out.

If England require more open-side cover they should consider Olly Robinson. He’s currently playing in Cardiff but rumoured to be off to Exeter...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 18 Dec 2018, 8:10 am

Looks decent. As you say o my going to get a chance if he agrees a move before the world cup. I'd fancy he still has a few guys to get past too.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 18 Dec 2018, 12:52 pm

I've been very impressed with Ollie Robinson. Seemed to be involved in most of the Cardiff plays - if he can be tempted back to an English club then I would be very happy to see him in contention for the England squad.
Is he a 6 or 7?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 18 Dec 2018, 1:01 pm

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 18 Dec 2018, 1:37 pm

I liked the look of Robinson when he was at Bristol and felt he was more than just the coaches son. However he never felt like an international prospect more a good premiership player. He looked good away to Barnet but then got himself binned, and was left on the bench for the return fixture. A decent player but certainly not as good as Kvesic (imo) who is younger.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 18 Dec 2018, 2:33 pm

Taylorman wrote:England by 9. thumbsup

That's just what you want to happen rather than what you think will happen, correct? Do you feel threatened that Ireland will overtake NZ in the rankings?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Tue 18 Dec 2018, 2:46 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:

That's just what you want to happen rather than what you think will happen, correct? Do you feel threatened that Ireland will overtake NZ in the rankings?

Forget the rankings, everyone knows that NZ have slipped and Ireland are the best side in the world

That is everyone who knows anything about rugby

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 18 Dec 2018, 3:28 pm

Pie wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

Forget the rankings, everyone knows that NZ have slipped and Ireland are the best side in the world

Maybe as of this moment.

I think that Ireland on merit deserve to be called the best side in 2018 but by the tiniest margin, one match, the head to head game in Lansdowne which Ireland won. If the game was in NZ it may well have been a different result.

I think if you remove that match Ireland also had a marginally better year in that their one loss was away to the 3rd ranked side at the time whereas NZ lost at home to the side ranked 7th.

There is enough there to say that they are the best right now. However, the rankings demand that you are the best over a longer period that one year so lets see how next year goes.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 18 Dec 2018, 7:10 pm

Ode to Joe - in A Major

Edit: A Musical Ode to Joe (to be sung vaguely in the style of The Green Fields of France)

Now what do we know
on the Irish injury front
The word is they’ll be missin’
some big forward grunt

Sean and Iain are banjaxed
and will surely be missed
But never fear cos we know that
Tadgh, James and Devin
Are still on the list

Ah but Robbie and Chris
Sure they wont be playin’  
Fair call but Aki and Gary
can still do what Big Faz is sayin’

With the big two at Lansdowne
it could be a real sign
That Saint Joe really does know how
to turn water into wine

Ah but Scotland and Wales lie in wait
with their jinks and ability
and O’Shea dreams on fitfully
about the possibilities of Italy.

Ah dont worry about them
They’ll still curse us as Paddies
But the main thing we’ve to do first
is beat those fine English laddies.

So never mind the begrudgers, the moaners
and the fence-sitters too
By Paddy’s Day we’ll be painting
Towns red, green, white - and blue.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 18 Dec 2018, 9:09 pm

Pie wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

Reasons I think theyll win?

England were without very key players- (particularly the aptly Wellington born Vunipola brothers- but we wont go there) in the AI's and were a whisker from beating both NZ and SA within a week and Im assuming they'll get some or all of those back. (As were Ireland but thats not my point).

The other reason is the home union sides tend to pull the others back into line during the 6N following beating a NZ side. (Its 'uncanny' enough to support a conclusion)-  England got annihilated by Wales weeks after beating NZ comfortably in 2012, Ireland got beaten by both Wales and Scotland next 6N after beating the ABs in Chicago so I think theres a certain misplaced confidence about sides who manage it.

So while Ireland might think theyre on a high, and they probably are, Jones and his refreshed and from what Ive seen very talented side will know the Dublin match is the key to winning the 6N, with Ireland likely to cough up either in Wales or Murrayfield, or both again.

Other than that, I couldnt care less who wins, Im just looking at the trends of the past, and whats in front, relative to both sides having recently played NZ, and in the past.

Last edited by Taylorman on Tue 18 Dec 2018, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 18 Dec 2018, 9:27 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Ode to Joe - in A Major

OK

I liked it, Pot.

But then, I'm kulchured me. The rest of these Fillysteines haven't got a clue about the finer things in life like Opera, poetry and Reality TV.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 18 Dec 2018, 9:37 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Pie wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

Geez you guys are easy. Reasons I think theyll win?

England were without very key players- (particularly the aptly Wellington born Vunipola brothers- but we wont go there) in the AI's and were a whisker from beating both NZ and SA within a week and Im assuming they'll get some or all of those back. (As were Ireland but thats not my point).

The other reason is the home union sides tend to pull the others back into line during the 6N following beating a NZ side. (Its 'uncanny' enough to support a conclusion)-  England got annihilated by Wales weeks after beating NZ comfortably in 2012, Ireland got beaten by both Wales and Scotland next 6N after beating the ABs in Chicago so I think theres a certain misplaced confidence about sides who manage it.

So while Ireland might think theyre on a high, and they probably are, Jones and his refreshed and from what Ive seen very talented side will know the Dublin match is the key to winning the 6N, with Ireland likely to cough up either in Wales or Murrayfield, or both again.

Other than that, I couldnt care less who wins, Im just looking at the trends of the past, and whats in front, relative to both sides having recently played NZ, and in the past.

Bit of a long bow, Tman to make your post-NZ hypothesis based on two highly infrequent occurrences and not take any other factors into account in those years. And you say that you don’t watch the Championship anyway. But hey, it’s your call. You might get this one right - for once. Wink
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 18 Dec 2018, 9:55 pm

This is why I am not completely upset that England did not beat the AB's. We were not ready to, and doing so would have given the false impression that we had some how 'made it' and would not have to keep on developing

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 18 Dec 2018, 10:03 pm

lostinwales wrote:This is why I am not completely upset that England did not beat the AB's. We were not ready to, and doing so would have given the false impression that we had some how 'made it' and would not have to keep on developing

Yes good point, kinda what I meant. Teams that still have a point to prove tend to rally better than those that think they dont. Reason I know that is because the ABs often struggle for motivation to remain 'in the hunt' test after test, especially when they havent lost for ages. England are in perfect position to make a steal on this years 6N, being slightly under the radar than is Ireland, who's expectation from most quarters is, whether they want the tag or not, to win.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 18 Dec 2018, 10:05 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Pie wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

Geez you guys are easy. Reasons I think theyll win?

Bit of a long bow, Tman to make your post-NZ hypothesis based on two highly infrequent occurrences and not take any other factors into account in those years.   And you say that you don’t watch the Championship anyway.   But hey, it’s your call.   You might get this one right - for once.  Wink

Picked the England slam in 16 when I couldnt find anyone else that did so lets make that twice perhaps...maybe... Hug

As for the NZ based thinking thats because its about relativity. When both England and Ireland play our side you get to see their best available, and England were every bit as impressive as Ireland. More so for me in terms of the availability.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 18 Dec 2018, 10:21 pm

Afterwards and B**stards doesn’t really scan properly, but good to see how Pot views the English. Nice.

The whole piece could do with some work on the meter. That’s what really offends.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 18 Dec 2018, 10:41 pm

Cyril wrote:Afterwards and B**stards doesn’t really scan properly, but good to see how Pot views the English. Nice.

The whole piece could do with some work on the meter. That’s what really offends.

Oh don't be so hard on Pot, Cyril.  He up and tricked himself is all. If only he hadn't of used 'afterwards' then he wouldn't have needed the other bit.  

A poem has got to rhyme................................ - well; the unpretentious ones do anyway.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 18 Dec 2018, 10:46 pm

Taylorman wrote:

Picked the England slam in 16 when I couldnt find anyone else that did so lets make that twice perhaps...maybe... Hug

I think Jones agreed with you that year, did he?  Sorry but you gotta share the prize with him.  He'll of course hog it, but he'll let you look at it through a window now and then Wink

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2016/mar/13/six-nations-grand-slam-is-on-for-england-says-coach-eddie-jones-video

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 18 Dec 2018, 11:09 pm

Fly, poems don’t have to rhyme. Free-form etc is great too. ‘Not quite’ rhyming is ‘orrible

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 18 Dec 2018, 11:19 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

I think Jones agreed with you that year, did he?  Sorry but you gotta share the prize with him.  He'll of course hog it, but he'll let you look at it through a window now and then Wink

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2016/mar/13/six-nations-grand-slam-is-on-for-england-says-coach-eddie-jones-video

Yep, Me..ee...ee..eee and Mr Jones, we had a good thing....going on... 6 Nations - IRELAND v ENGLAND 2nd Feb 2019 - Page 4 3933776953

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 18 Dec 2018, 11:22 pm

I know poems don't have to rhyme...I said as much in my post.

To prove it, here's one I wrote earlier:

Verily, but yay it is oft not known,
And yonder, a moon lights goodness but spiked,
With juice of honey and taint of beast,
For calamity is pungent,
But settles crisply on Frigid Ground.

That's me best pretentious one.  It'll take a good critic three decades to work that one out! OK

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 18 Dec 2018, 11:25 pm

Taylorman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Yep, Me..ee...ee..eee and Mr Jones, we had a good thing....going on... 6 Nations - IRELAND v ENGLAND 2nd Feb 2019 - Page 4 3933776953

Touché, Musketeer! I like it. OK

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 18 Dec 2018, 11:59 pm

Cyril wrote:Afterwards and B**stards doesn’t really scan properly, but good to see how Pot views the English. Nice.

Ah here, both of them end in ‘s’ - that was good enough for me, Cy.

I was going for an iambic pentameter rhythm but me feet kinda lost their way - mucho apols to your acute poetic sensibilities.  If you’d like to review if for the use/abuse of ictic and nonictic syllables, I’d really appreciate it.  (There may be a couple of feminine endings in there as well -  Sorry )

As for de English I loves them really - sure didn’t they invent Marmite and Zebedee from the Magic Roundabout - for that alone they deserve to win the Six Nations (or the wooden spoon depending on one’s view of Marmite.)  I even studied English as a subject once - you can’t ask for more loyalty than that, well except for an English subject obviously.  

Love and kisses.  X

PS - I solved the problem - I realized it was actually a song sitting chrysalis-like inside a poem.  If you sing the words to the tune of the Green Fields of France, it’ll sound much better.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:04 am

SecretFly wrote:I know poems don't have to rhyme...I said as much in my post.

For calamity is pungent,

That's me best pretentious one.  It'll take a good critic three decades to work that one out! OK

Is it about blackberry jam?

I like blackberry jam - used to make it with my father when I was a kid. Although we did burst the jars in the oven once, with an interesting explosion...
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:16 am

Pot, please keep your xenophobia to yourself, via sport, poetry or otherwise. There’s enough animosity on here without you coming out with the tired, ‘English b**stards’ shoite. Get yourself on a nationalist website if you want to spout that rubbish or get lost.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:23 am

SecretFly wrote:I know poems don't have to rhyme...I said as much in my post.

For calamity is pungent,

See
Youre a poet, and you just dont realise that that is the case.
No wait... I mean...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:28 am

Cyril wrote:Pot, please keep your xenophobia to yourself, via sport, poetry or otherwise. There’s enough animosity on here without you coming out with the tired, ‘English b**stards’ shoite. Get yourself on a nationalist website if you want to spout that rubbish or get lost.

Xenophobia??   Cyril - get a life.  If you’re now moderating banter on a thread about the upcoming Ireland v England game then you need to acquire a sense of humour.

If you are genuinely offended by the ditty, then I shall delete it immediately.  Just let me know.

PS I’ve amended the line to suit your sensibilities.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:32 am

propdavid_london wrote:I've been very impressed with Ollie Robinson.  Seemed to be involved in most of the Cardiff plays - if he can be tempted back to an English club then I would be very happy to see him in contention for the England squad.
Is he a 6 or 7?

He’s played both as Cardiff occasionally play with two or three 7’s in their back row. If he’s picking up tips off guys like Jenkins and Navidi then he’ll only get better. Apart from Underhill I don’t really know of a good open-side in England.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:39 am

Pot, please delete that bit. Thanks. I’m not moderating at all but is there any need for that? I don’t like the word ‘banter’ (seems an excuse to just be offensive). Up to you though.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:43 am

Cyril wrote:Pot, please delete that bit. Thanks.

Already edited the two lines.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:54 am

Much better. However, if you still consider us ‘English b**strds’ you should just run with that. Sorry to call you on that. It’s not just ‘sporting banter’. Sorry, but it’s recorded on here and not particularly amusing.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 19 Dec 2018, 1:22 am

Cyril wrote:Much better. However, if you still consider us ‘English b**strds’ you should just run with that. Sorry to call you on that. It’s not just ‘sporting banter’. Sorry, but it’s recorded on here and not particularly amusing.

Jeez Cyril - okay for the record, no I do not genuinely believe the English are illegitimate childen aka Pal Joeys - some of my family and longtime friends are English and I don’t think any of them are b**stards either.  

In fact of all the visiting fans to Dublin, I prefer the English ones - cos at least they buy their round and don’t moan/gloat - too much - about the result afterwards - and generally greet each other with “Congrats. You b**stards won - again” and then we have a pint and laugh about it.   But maybe that’s just me and my experience over the last 30 odd years or so. Whistle
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 19 Dec 2018, 1:38 am

Cyril wrote:Much better. However, if you still consider us ‘English b**strds’ you should just run with that. Sorry to call you on that. It’s not just ‘sporting banter’. Sorry, but it’s recorded on here and not particularly amusing.

Look Cyril.  Here's how things go.  Here's how I do it.  Someone throws an odd Irishism at me (you know - the drunk, oafish, rustic idiot kinda stabs and taunts) and what do I do?...I usually try to own the insults - play up to them to show that bullschidt don't kill me, physically or emotionally.  Someone calls me a 'basterde' in public... I usually say "Yeah, I'm a basterde"  There goes the guy's weapon instantly.  And you see it in his eyes.... instantly.

Nice trick.  So..hope you know that I've always kinda liked you as a poster.  You can be playful with the words and I like people who don't seem to take the 'business' of rugby too seriously...so forgive but here's a line you used earlier sometime:

" It was fairly quiet until the usual drunken and obnoxious Irish oiks came in to fill up on cheap lager before getting arrested. It’s ruining the neighbourhood."

Still like you as a poster.  No problem with that.  You feel what you feel at times and who the hell am I to decide you should think differently?

But just remember to remember.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:30 am

SecretFly wrote:

Look Cyril.  Here's how things go.  Here's how I do it.  Someone throws an odd Irishism at me (you know - the drunk, oafish, rustic idiot kinda stabs and taunts) and what do I do?...I usually try to own the insults - play up to them to show that bullschidt don't kill me, physically or emotionally.  Someone calls me a 'basterde' in public... I usually say "Yeah, I'm a basterde"  There goes the guy's weapon instantly.  And you see it in his eyes.... instantly.

Nice trick.  So..hope you know that I've always kinda liked you as a poster.  You can be playful with the words and I like people who don't seem to take the 'business' of rugby too seriously...so forgive but here's a line you used earlier sometime:

" It was fairly quiet until the usual drunken and obnoxious Irish oiks came in to fill up on cheap lager before getting arrested. It’s ruining the neighbourhood."

Still like you as a poster.  No problem with that.  You feel what you feel at times and who the hell am I to decide you should think differently?

But just remember to remember.

Huh! I love the smell of burning hypocrisy early in the morning.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 19 Dec 2018, 7:10 am

I think it was clear I was referring to a particular group that would cause trouble regularly. Not tarring a whole nation with the same brush (as Pot Hale has been doing).

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 19 Dec 2018, 10:59 am

Cyril wrote:I think it was clear I was referring to a particular group that would cause trouble regularly. Not tarring a whole nation with the same brush (as Pot Hale has been doing).

That’s not true or accurate. I was referring to the England rugby team and it was intended to be humorous within the poem/ditty. It was a once-off reference that I amended on foot of your being offended.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 19 Dec 2018, 11:06 am

Anyway.... Merry Christmas to all. Hug

I'll be celebrating with extra loud renditions of two favourite Christmas classics:

Baby it's Cold Outside.

and

Fairy-tale of New York.

I hope the nightclub/Christmas parties sing both loud and proud. Raise the rafters. Time to reclaim the world from the grasp of utter eejits.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Wed 19 Dec 2018, 1:41 pm

SecretFly wrote:Anyway.... Merry Christmas to all.   Hug

I'll be celebrating with extra loud renditions of two favourite Christmas classics:

Baby it's Cold Outside.

and

Fairy-tale of New York.  

I hope the nightclub/Christmas parties sing both loud and proud.  Raise the rafters.  Time to reclaim the world from the grasp of utter eejits.

I'm offended.

And, I do not consent to your hug emoticon!

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 19 Dec 2018, 1:54 pm

Laugh

My lawyers are on it, Goon. I hope the out of court settlement they offer you will be good enough.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 19 Dec 2018, 2:25 pm

kiss Hug oh yeah

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:52 pm

The irony of Cyril getting offended at jabs aimed at the English given the amount he seems to be obsessed with Ireland. A couple of days ago Cyril suggested Ireland was devoid of culture which is why Schmidt may want to return to France.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:59 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Pie wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

Reasons I think theyll win?

Interesting. You claimed that Ireland would lose v NZ because we were missing Murray and SOB. Does Ireland missing key players not count now?

Ireland lost to Wales and Scotland away in close games, not the end of the world. In the same season NZ almost lost to Scotland too in Murrayfield. Ireland have England at home next year. Its been a long time since anyone has won in Dublin in the six nations. Not impossible though but November wont have a whole lot to do with it.

I think there if Ireland lose to anyone it will be England or Wales but I cant see them losing both.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next