The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations - England v France

+45
stub
EnglishReign
Duty281
Heaf
Sharkey06
Fluxy
formerly known as Sam
whocares
LordDowlais
majesticimperialman
carpet baboon
king_carlos
Cyril
Presuming Ed
BigTrevsbigmac
No9
Rugby Fan
nathan
Luckless Pedestrian
Scottrf
Exiledinborders
sensisball
TJ
eirebilly
Collapse2005
Gooseberry
TightHEAD
Sgt_Pooly
yappysnap
Yoda
WELL-PAST-IT
maestegmafia
mikey_dragon
NonReturnableBottle2
bluestonevedder
Poorfour
El Radar
lostinwales
dummy_half
munkian
BamBam
robbo277
Geordie
No 7&1/2
LondonTiger
49 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 10 Empty 6 Nations - England v France

Post by LondonTiger Mon 04 Feb 2019, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Details:

Date: Sunday 10th February 2019
Time: 15:00 GMT
Media Coverage: ITV, BBC (highlights only), Radio 5Live

Officials

Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)
Assistant 1: Andrew Brace (Ireland)
Assistant 2: Brendon Pickerill (New Zealand)
TMO: Glenn Newman (New Zealand)

Teams

England

15 Elliot Daly (Wasps, 26 caps), 14 Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks, 43 caps), 13 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 18 caps), 12 Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 28 caps), 11 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 41 caps), 10 Owen Farrell (Saracens, 66 caps) (c), 9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 81 caps), 1 Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 52 caps), 2 Jamie George (Saracens, 33 caps), 3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 18 caps), 4 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 69 caps), 5 George Kruis (Saracens, 28 caps), 6 Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, 9 caps), 7 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 6 caps), 8 Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 37 caps).

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 8 caps), 17 Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps), 18 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 82 caps), 19 Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 54 caps), 20 Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 19 caps), 21 Dan Robson (Wasps, uncapped), 22 George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 52 caps), 23 Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs, 30 caps).

France

15. Yoann Huget
14. Damian Penaud
13. Mathieu Bastareaud
12. Geoffrey Doumayrou
11. Gaël Fickou
10. Camille Lopez
9. Morgan Parra
1. Jefferson Poirot
2. Guilhem Guirado
3. Demba Bamba
4. Sébastien Vahaamahina
5. Félix Lambey
6. Yacouba Camara
7. Arthur Iturria
8. Louis Picamoles

Replacements
16. Pierre Bourgarit
17. Dany Priso
18. Dorian Aldegheri
19. Paul Willemse
20. Gregory Alldritt
21. Antoine Dupont
22. Romain Ntamack
23. Thomas Ramos

Last edited by LondonTiger on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:39 am; edited 3 times in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 10 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Scottrf Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:25 pm

I love Wilko but his analysis is cringeworthy. Such an amateur psychologist.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:26 pm

England are going to beat Wales comfortably next week, I think.

Last edited by The Oracle on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:27 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Robbo i would urge you to go and look at them for yourself. You’d maybe disagree with one or two but the rest are clear cut and that’s simply not acceptable. I’m not saying all TMO decisions are incorrect but we’ve Certainly been on the receiving end of wrong decisions by these amateurs as of late. Shocking really.

I know the Anscombe one was wrong, and World Rugby came out and said it was wrong.

I'm not sure what the two are this year, but I've watched both Wales Six Nations games and at no point did I think "TMO has had a shocker there".

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:27 pm

No9 wrote:

I’m a neutral here, so would say I’ve got the benefit of watching this through unbiased eyes, rather than your rose tinted glasses. I’ve also been able to watch it several times at home, and can tell you it was a clear knock on.

But if you really want to dispute that, why didn’t the TMO call for the infringement on the arm. Either way, that call from the TMO was wrong and it should be no try.

But in the end it has no relevance to the game, only if we end up using points difference to decide the title. And if you check my previous posts, I’ve clearly said England have this title if it goes to points...

So my last words on it... try being a little more gracious in victory... Wink

.... and my final point on the game. Well done England, complete command of the game. Feel free to take it easy from now on Whistle

Not fully neutral then No9! You have a vested interest for England to score less as they're currently your only challengers for the Slam/title.

Don't let 20 other posters or the 2 referees change your mind either, you stand by your laurels son Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:27 pm

All the talk going into the tournament was that Wales/Ireland in the last round would be a title decider.

Still possible, but 13 days time in Cardiff will be massive. Wales still on for the GS will be aiming to give England's chariot a puncture while England will be looking for a 4th winning a row over our western neighbours.

Of course the big question is just how many bans this power mad mod hand out before then?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:28 pm

Just a word on France. They have some quality players. Guirado, Picamoles, Pennaud and Dupont all played very well. They also have a good number of very good players as well who didn't perform.

But they're not even close to being a functioning team. They're significantly less than the sum of their parts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:28 pm

If we beat Wales, it's the slam.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:28 pm

The Oracle wrote:England are going to beat Wales comfortably next week, I think.

I'll take that bet. Guarantee this doesn't happen.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:30 pm

Is O’Driscoll wearing a brown suit?!

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:31 pm

robbo277 wrote:So where to from here for England? We can't win the Championship next weekend, but we can get 90% of the way there with a win in Cardiff.

If Mako comes through, Eddie only has positive selection questions. He can go unchanged, or he can look at Launchbury starting, he can rotate the 14 shirt or the sub prop shirts if he wants.

Eddie should be treating this as the final. I wouldn't mind seeing some experimentation against Italy and Scotland, but this game we need to go all out for.

Eddie has to pick his strongest starting XV, and the bench he feels will most likely help secure a win. IF we can win the the title can be won against Italy.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:31 pm

The Oracle wrote:Is O’Driscoll wearing a brown suit?!

looks like a tweed blazer

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:32 pm

Scottrf wrote:
The Oracle wrote:England are going to beat Wales comfortably next week, I think.

I can almost guarantee it. The 6Ns committee may decide to bring the match forward.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:38 pm

Courtney Lawes tackle on Basteraud has to have been my favourite moment.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:38 pm

LondonTiger wrote:All the talk going into the tournament was that Wales/Ireland in the last round would be a title decider.

Still possible, but 13 days time in Cardiff will be massive. Wales still on for the GS will be aiming to give England's chariot a puncture while England will be looking for a 4th winning a row over our western neighbours.

Of course the big question is just how many bans this power mad mod hand out before then?

Short of England losing to Wales and then Italy, Cardiff on Super Saturday won't be a title decider. The winner could take first, but would then rely on Scotland keeping them there.

If England win (no bonus point) and then get a try bonus point win against Italy, that would put us onto 19 points. Any team chasing us would need to be on 14 points by Week 4. Ireland will get 5 against Italy, but would have to chase the bonus point against France as well to get to 14. If Wales lose to us with 1 bonus point, they'd need the 5 against Scotland. Scotland would need 9 points across their next two games, so will potentially have to chase the bonus point against Wales. If England beat Wales, Week 4 could become a bit of a try fest.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:43 pm

And if Wales squeeze a win against England by less than 7 points, that would put Wales on 12 and England on 11 with a far superior points difference. With Italy and then Scotland to play, which is a minimum 5 points, possibly 6 with the way they're scoring tries, and a very feasible 10, that would require Wales to beat both Scotland and Ireland with a try bonus point to usurp the 21 point (and superior points difference) that England have over them.

Which is also a Grand Slam, taking them to the full 25 points (I think?) that you get for doing so irrespective of BPs.

Which, again, would require Wales beating England, then Scotland away, then Ireland.

The title is all but England's in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:47 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I can almost guarantee it. The 6Ns committee may decide to bring the match forward.

Why don’t they swap it around so we can have the real title decider, Wales vs England on the final weekend?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:54 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Why don’t they swap it around so we can have the real title decider, Wales vs England on the final weekend?

Because then it would probably be over by week 4.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:56 pm

robbo277 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Robbo i would urge you to go and look at them for yourself. You’d maybe disagree with one or two but the rest are clear cut and that’s simply not acceptable. I’m not saying all TMO decisions are incorrect but we’ve Certainly been on the receiving end of wrong decisions by these amateurs as of late. Shocking really.

I know the Anscombe one was wrong, and World Rugby came out and said it was wrong.

I'm not sure what the two are this year, but I've watched both Wales Six Nations games and at no point did I think "TMO has had a shocker there".

I don’t remember all of them last year right now; but one was a Wyn Jones try disallowed when there was nothing to suggest it weren’t scored, where-as in other games where it could’ve benefited us the TMO seas mostly anonymous. The incedents this year were Liam Williams and JD2 having tries rules out when there was no knock-on.

The main point here is not everything is fine and rosy with these TMOs and SH refs as you seem to suggest.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Because then it would probably be over by week 4.

I had in mind that both would be undefeated going into the final weekend. Who do you expect Wales to lose to? I almost wish we did have England on the last weekend, gives us more time to sort our s’’t out.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:58 pm

I'm just happy one of you'll lose next time! Don't go spoiling things for me by having a high scoring draw

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:58 pm

World Rugby Rankings update:

Only 6 Nations movement this weekend was Ireland taking 0.55 points from Scotland, but that wasn't enough to change any of the positions.

In Week 3, Ireland can't increase their points. A loss would cost them 2 points and second place. Assuming this doesn't happen, Wales and England are playing for third placed. Neither can overhaul Ireland, regardless of whether they win by more than 15.

A France win would see them return to the top 8 at Fiji's expense. They won't be able to catch Scotland in 7th, even with a 16 point win. A narrow Scotland win would see a points exchange but no positional shift, although a big win could see them leapfrog Australia.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:58 pm

furious
LondonTiger wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Pedants!

Next round then.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:58 pm

I'm just happy one of you'll lose next time! Don't go spoiling things for me by having a high scoring draw

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Presuming Ed Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:59 pm

The only thing clear is what was already clear before the first ball was kicked in 6N 2019. England, Ireland and Wales are all quality sides and can beat each other with things like home advantage, injuries and strategy making the difference. England probably slightly ahead over the last 3 years despite the 2018 blip - they are still number 1 in Europe (world ranking are very misleading). Scotland are going very well but not quite powerful enough to compete at the very highest level. France still a mess but with a great pool of players that need strong leadership and Italy disappearing fast from being any sort of force at all.

Cardiff will be very tricky for England but hopefully there marginal superiority in terms of talent on the field and the right game plan can negate and dominate Wales's home advantage. If everything is not spot on, Wales can pounce and take the win. Nervous already.

Presuming Ed

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:01 pm

Not sure if it was the difference, but England seemed to go off the boil when Mako went off. is he the WD40 of the English side?

Lawes tackle on Bastareaud was one for the video replays; how to shift 19 stones backwards in one easy tackle- awesome.

England never looked like losing, apart from a few bits of individual French magic, England were rarely challenged and could have had at least three more tries.

This is a new England; Mitchell has made a massive difference in defence and in attack they are lethal. With 3 quality players in most positions when everyone is fit, injuries can impact, but not like they used to.

Role on the 23rd, can't wait.

WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:03 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I had in mind that both would be undefeated going into the final weekend. Who do you expect Wales to lose to? I almost wish we did have England on the last weekend, gives us more time to sort our s’’t out.

Ireland are still slight favourites for me vs Wales. But there's also the chance that Wales would be out of it through bonus points/points difference barring a runaway win.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:05 pm

Watching the Wales v Italy highlights from yesterday where they're camped on Italy's line and can't score. Flashbacks to the RWC in 2015 against Australia.

Considering how ruthless/powerful England are when they get in the opponenet's defensive third I can't see Wales beating England. Just not enough firepower nor flair at the moment to score unless it's counter attacking/turnover ball or a set-piece move (and the lineout is a mess). When they have to score through phaseplays that aren't setting up a training ground move they struggle.

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:06 pm

miaow wrote:And if Wales squeeze a win against England by less than 7 points, that would put Wales on 12 and England on 11 with a far superior points difference. With Italy and then Scotland to play, which is a minimum 5 points, possibly 6 with the way they're scoring tries, and a very feasible 10, that would require Wales to beat both Scotland and Ireland with a try bonus point to usurp the 21 point (and superior points difference) that England have over them.

Which is also a Grand Slam, taking them to the full 25 points (I think?) that you get for doing so irrespective of BPs.

Which, again, would require Wales beating England, then Scotland away, then Ireland.

The title is all but England's in my opinion.

You get 3 bonus points for winning a Grand Slam. Because a team winning all their games with no bonus points (as Wales could conceivably do) would be on 20 points and a team losing one game narrowly and picking up 5 bonus points could finish on 22 points (4x4 wins and 6 bonus points). So a Grand Slam is 23 points minimum, which guarantees the Championship.

For this to happen, Wales would have to beat England e.g. 30-28, with Wales scoring 3 converted tries and 3 penalties, and England scoring 4 converted tries. What is more plausible would be for Wales to win 20-18 with England picking up 1 bonus point, and then potentially finish on 21 points.

Personally (and not just because of this year), I'd like to see the rule be amended to award the Championship winner the Grand Slam IF they also won all their games. So if in the above situation Wales won all their games and finished on 20 points and England finished on 21, it would be England's Championship and no Grand Slam awarded. I just feel the fix they have applied is unsatisfactory, but it is what it is - no complaints if Wales win in this manner.

Let's just hope England make this academic by beating Wales. Whistle

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:07 pm

Let's not haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:08 pm

I would fancy Ireland to beat Wales, I've not seen anything so far to suggest any different.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:09 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I would fancy Ireland to beat Wales, I've not seen anything so far to suggest any different.

There's going to need to be a major shift for Wales-England to not be a demolition. There normally is, but I'd put England's win probability ~85%.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkey06 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:21 pm

85% probability - really? Wales played a second 15 v Italy and still won fairly comfortably, in Italy. I would assess it as pretty much 50:50. For once England got all the decisions from Nige`. Perhaps he was lulling England into a state of over confidence. Wales v England is going to be massive.

Sharkey06

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:27 pm

England have had the more impressive performances, but Wales have won 12 in a row, are playing at home and have 2 weeks to prepare for England and England only. I think 50/50 is pretty much there, I could concede the argument for us being slight favourites, but 15/85 is a bit too lopsided.

Wales will need to be better than they were against Italy, but I think they will be.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:31 pm

On neutral territory I would make England clear favourites, maybe 52:48 Wink

In Wales I make it 60:40 to the home.side.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:31 pm

Sharkey06 wrote:85% probability - really?  Wales played a second 15 v Italy and still won fairly comfortably, in Italy.  I would assess it as pretty much 50:50.  For once England got all the decisions from Nige`.  Perhaps he was lulling England into a state of over confidence.  Wales v England is going to be massive.

Italy are absolutely dreadful and have never beaten England.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:33 pm

Well i did not expect England to be so dominant against France today, to score 44 [points to France's 8 must be some kind of a record i would think. 

2 Games in and playing like they are, and scoring like they are it will take a big effort from Wales when they meet in cardiff. I know Wales always play better in cardiff. but given how they played so far, you have to ask do they have it in them too raise there game against England?

Lawes tackle on Basterud was massive he just better and harder with his tackles.
'England will not get complacent that's for sure. they ( England ) will know Wales with make play for ever point.

Cannot waite.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:37 pm

I'd make England 80-20 favourites against Wales. Wales have home advantage, but they've done nothing on the field recently to worry England.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:37 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Well i did not expect England to be so dominant against France today, to score 44 [points to France's 8 must be some kind of a record i would think. 

2 Games in and playing like they are, and scoring like they are it will take a big effort from Wales when they meet in cardiff. I know Wales always play better in cardiff. but given how they played so far, you have to ask do they have it in them too raise there game against England?

Lawes tackle on Basterud was massive he just better and harder with his tackles.
'England will not get complacent that's for sure. they ( England ) will know Wales with make play for ever point.

Cannot waite.

It's close, but I think it's neither the points record (55) or the margin record (37).

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:46 pm

Can see england losing to wales

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:50 pm

Duty281 wrote:I'd make England 80-20 favourites against Wales. Wales have home advantage, but they've done nothing on the field recently to worry England.

85-15 favourites for me! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 10 Feb 2019, 6:51 pm

Certainly wouldn’t surprise me Guns.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 10 Feb 2019, 7:33 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:I would fancy Ireland to beat Wales, I've not seen anything so far to suggest any different.

There's going to need to be a major shift for Wales-England to not be a demolition. There normally is, but I'd put England's win probability ~85%.

Haven’t seen much from Ireland’s first XV to worry me but they’ll likely improve, as should Wales in time for the England game; we’ll need to keep kicking that’s for sure so I might be tempted to go with Biggar at 10 and Anscombe 15, and get our wingers (North and Williams) chasing kicks behind oncoming rush defence. AWJ and Ball to start at 2nd row for me, otherwise I can’t see us punching any holes.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 10 Feb 2019, 8:25 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
robbo277 wrote:

I don’t remember all of them last year right now; but one was a Wyn Jones try disallowed when there was nothing to suggest it weren’t scored, where-as in other games where it could’ve benefited us the TMO seas mostly anonymous. The incedents this year were Liam Williams and JD2 having tries rules out when there was no knock-on.

The main point here is not everything is fine and rosy with these TMOs and SH refs as you seem to suggest.

I actually think the TMO may have got the JD2 one right - he was in possession of the ball when he fumbled it backwards but then it went forwards off the top of his knee and the only legal way for the ball to go forwards when in possession is a kick.  Think of a player fielding a high ball and fumbling the ball backwards into his belly and then to the floor in front of him - that's going to be given as a knock-on surely?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 10 Feb 2019, 8:51 pm

SecretFly wrote:Wow!  I know.they lost but that's one Special French side!!!!

............well someone has to say something positive about them.......

I think their younger backs have potential.

Thought Penaud and Dupont did ok.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 9:00 pm

Heaf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
robbo277 wrote:

I actually think the TMO may have got the JD2 one right - he was in possession of the ball when he fumbled it backwards but then it went forwards off the top of his knee and the only legal way for the ball to go forwards when in possession is a kick.  Think of a player fielding a high ball and fumbling the ball backwards into his belly and then to the floor in front of him - that's going to be given as a knock-on surely?

Actually this one I was with Mikey. It was hard to tell, but for me there was no issue. I'm not sure the ball hit the ground. I think it bounced off his knee and into his hand. It wasn't clear though.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 10 Feb 2019, 9:08 pm

I think it was ground, scooped back by hand onto knee and back to ground before being collected .... but yes it was close.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Sun 10 Feb 2019, 9:29 pm

westisbest wrote:

Through this increasingly bad spell over the last decade France have never been short of good players. The problems are more structural and where their motivation lies. The International game has always taken second place for the French, and it seems to have gotten worse as results slip and the demands of the club game increase.
Successive coaches have tried and failed to turn them around, but there will be the odd game where they show they are better players than the majority of results would suggest.

Ranked 10th in the world, its a new low for France. Still not as rubbish as Italy mind. Things seem to be going the other way for England, still not as good as the All Blacks though.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 10 Feb 2019, 9:31 pm

What may of counted against JD2 is his face looked like someone who had messed up. Refs keep seeing players who look confident when they have actually messed up that seeing someone as he did must make them think.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 10 Feb 2019, 9:33 pm

Gooseberry wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Through this increasingly bad spell over the last decade France have never been short of good players. The problems are more structural and where their motivation lies. The International game has always taken second place for the French, and it seems to have gotten worse as results slip and the demands of the club game increase.
Successive coaches have tried and failed to turn them around, but there will be the odd game where they show they are better players than the majority of results would suggest.

Ranked 10th in the world, its a new low for France. Still not as rubbish as Italy mind. Things seem to be going the other way for England, still not as good as the All Blacks though.

Not yet.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 10 Feb 2019, 9:53 pm

Eddie: Test match rugby is a lot like reading a book. If you get the first 20 right and the last 20 right, you'll be okay. And that is what we try to focus on.

Anyone?

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next