The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

+56
Cumbrian
marty2086
RugbyFan100
Pete330v2
Maine man
LeinsterFan4life
stnick88
Stone Motif
Gooseberry
Dollar Bill
EWT Spoons
jimbopip
PhilBB
Rinsure
Welshmushroom
TheMildlyFranticLlama
geoff999rugby
Eejit
TightHEAD
Rugby Fan
RiscaGame
wayne
rosbif
LordDowlais
Heaf
lostinwales
WELL-PAST-IT
maestegmafia
BigTrevsbigmac
mikey_dragon
nathan
Tramptastic
demosthenes
stub
Ricardo74
Scottrf
Fluxy
Smudge21
SirBurger
BigGee
Margin_Walker
Hazel Sapling
BamBam
propdavid_london
Sgt_Pooly
alcoombe
Welly
Bathite
carpet baboon
No 7&1/2
yappysnap
king_carlos
bluestonevedder
LondonTiger
Geordie
George Carlin
60 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 13 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by George Carlin Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

New year, new thread, new scuttlebutt, rumour and misdirection.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 13 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:25 pm

Rob Howley ---> Tigers.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 13 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:16 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Rob Howley ---> Tigers.

Thought he was heading to the Dragons?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:

The way things are shaping up for Team Wales he will probably remain with the national squad as one of 3 attack coaches.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Haha.

Rob Howley: Director of Crashball.

Na, time for Howley to move. Good chance for him to update his coaching methods/views in the club game and then maybe look for another job in a national set-up. Don't really want him circling the drain around Wales, going from the Dragons, to another region, to the age-grade setu-up, to the north Wales region. Go abroad and test yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:23 pm

Kepu to Irish after WC along with Adam Coleman.
TRP also links irish with johnny Williams and mcguigan from Newcastle. some rumours of Jamie Gibson too.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:44 pm

stnick88 wrote:Kepu to Irish after WC along with Adam Coleman.
TRP also links irish with johnny Williams and mcguigan from Newcastle. some rumours of Jamie Gibson too.

A homecoming for those two.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:01 pm

Well if he does leave again i hope he doesnt come back. He'll develop a reputation like Keiron Brookes.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Hands off boxing

They can have Mitch Eadie if they want
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:40 pm

2 very good signings and 2 decent Prem options. Kepu is a very underrated tight head, clever acquisitions if true.

McGuigan will not be welcomed back if he jumps ship again. He's one of the reasons we're in the position were in and should want to sort things out. I'm actually surprised Irish are interested, he's nothing special.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:20 pm

to be honest pooly I'm not fussed about him either. porecki is improving and faainga is a decent player. matu isn't the worst either so it isn't a position I would be focusing on.

is Jamie Gibson any good these days? I was never a big fan when he was at irish. worked hard and solid lineout but always seemed a bit lightweight.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:50 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:

2 very good signings and 2 decent Prem options. Kepu is a very underrated tight head, clever acquisitions if true.

McGuigan will not be welcomed back if he jumps ship again. He's one of the reasons we're in the position were in and should want to sort things out. I'm actually surprised Irish are interested, he's nothing special.
Falcons are paying McGuigan a big salary to sit behind Cooper so it might be mutual if your owner is cutting the salary budget again.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:18 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

The way things are shaping up for Team Wales he will probably remain with the national squad as one of 3 attack coaches.

I do hope its a joke and not a legit rumour that he might be up for the DoR post at Tigers! Im probably more forgiving of his coaching record than the welsh fans seem to be but when it comes to team building and club management he has zero experience at all. If he were up for a coaching role at Tigers I wouldnt be vastly upset, but Id be surprised if they could match the kind of wages he'd want if they are landing a marquee DoR and having to pay off Murphy and god knows how many others.

Please tell me its a joke!

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:25 pm

KC,

McGuigan is not sat behind Cooper this season though.

Having said that we have Blamire coming through who is a local lad and has been showing up very well for the Development side. He'll be in the senior squad next season and we still have Socino who i suspect wont be going anywhere, so maybe Dean is happy to let McGuigan go.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:28 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:KC,

McGuigan is not sat behind Cooper this season though.

Having said that we have Blamire coming through who is a local lad and has been showing up very well for the Development side. He'll be in the senior squad next season and we still have Socino who i suspect wont be going anywhere, so maybe Dean is happy to let McGuigan go.
Sorry, GF. For some reason I thought Cooper was first choice but looking at stats McGuigan has started 14 prem games to Cooper's 5. So completely wrong on my part.

He's on a big wage in a position of strength though so a move to LI might work for all parties given they have some cap to use up.

I'm torn on McGuigan. At his best for Tigers I was really impressed with him, he was solid at the basics and his ruck work especially always caught my eye. He makes a nuisance of himself slowing down opposition ball. I often felt he goes missing in tight games though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:33 pm

i think you've described him very well there KC.

He needs to playat his best consistently.
Cooper has had a lot of injuries this season aswell mind.

See what happens.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:29 pm

stnick88 wrote:to be honest pooly I'm not fussed about him either. porecki is improving and faainga is a decent player. matu isn't the worst either so it isn't a position I would be focusing on.

is Jamie Gibson any good these days? I was never a big fan when he was at irish. worked hard and solid lineout but always seemed a bit lightweight.

Not the best carrier, but strong in all other aspects of his game. Huge workrate and good in the line-out. If he controls his discipline, he is the sort of option most back rows need. However, I had it on good authority it wasn't happening about a month ago, so unless something has changed I doubt we will see him joining us.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:46 am

I'd be quite surprised if McGuigan was on a big salary if I'm honest. He seemed to be quite down the pecking order at Tigers when he left (3rd or 4th choice?) and going back to Falcons with his tail between his legs hardly warrants a big outlay, he wasn't in a great negotiating position really.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Sale signing Lood De Jager

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Good signing for Sale as they continue to try and build a pack to match the backs. 

Kind of signing Leicester could have done with.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Wow Sale for the title next season eh?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:45 pm

Great signing there.....Exactly the kind of player that Quins need.
With another academy lock leaving (Stan South) we are looking a bit thread bear in the boiler room.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:57 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Great signing there.....Exactly the kind of player that Quins need.
With another academy lock leaving (Stan South) we are looking a bit thread bear in the boiler room.

and to think both George Kruis and Joe Launchbury were released at 18 because you had better prospects!!

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:07 pm

picard Charlie Matthews!!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:07 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'd be quite surprised if McGuigan was on a big salary if I'm honest. He seemed to be quite down the pecking order at Tigers when he left (3rd or 4th choice?) and going back to Falcons with his tail between his legs hardly warrants a big outlay, he wasn't in a great negotiating position really.  
Hearsay of course as I'm not in the meetings but heard from usually reliable ST holders at Tigers and Falcons that Mulipola and McGuigan both got very good offers. Deano supposedly targeting scrum consistency as the key area for Falcons to improve on from last season. Hasn't worked out sadly.

Thacker and McGuigan are supposed to have got similarly big contracts from their move, up around the £200k mark. Not huge contracts after recent wage increases but neither came cheap.

LondonTiger wrote:Good signing for Sale as they continue to try and build a pack to match the backs. 

Kind of signing Leicester could have done with.

Great signing for Sale. I've long wanted de Jager at Tigers, he's a terrific lock and one of the best lineout operators going. At 6'9" he's the same school of lineout strategy as Devin Toner, just throw him the ball and no ones getting as high as him!

He'll be on a big contract at Sale though - they bid £500k for Kitshoff. If spending less of Lavanini allows Taufua and Liebenberg to bolster the back row then might not be the worst thing. 6.Denton 7.Thompson 8.Kalamafoni isn't the worst back row when available but fielding 6.Fitzgerald 7.Williams 8.O'Connor against Exeter is diabolical - depth is an issue as well as quality.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:15 pm

So how many South Africans will be in the Sale lineup now?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:12 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:So how many South Africans will be in the Sale lineup now?

Depends how many of the rumours are actually confirmed as true.

Akker Van Der Merwe at hooker
Lood de Jager at lock
Ross in the backrow
De Klerk at 9
Robert du Preez at 10
Van Rensburg at 12

Confirmed at the minute. The other two du Preez brothers are linked as well but not confirmed. The Kitschoff rumour seems to have died though.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:52 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
propdavid_london wrote:Great signing there.....Exactly the kind of player that Quins need.

and to think both George Kruis and Joe Launchbury were released at 18 because you had better prospects!!

Haha.

The club will never hear the end of this...

Charlie Mathews must have been one of the most disappointing locks of the last few seasons, massive guy that hated physical contact.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Worrying isn't it? And you look at who Sale just signed! Perhaps this link with NZ could finally be put to some use and we could get Retallick?!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 pm

Lood de Jager at lock
Ross in the backrow
De Klerk at 9
Robert du Preez at 10
Van Rensburg at 12

Confirmed at the minute. The other two du Preez brothers are linked as well but not confirmed. The Kitschoff rumour seems to have died though.

Starting to look like a bit of a super rugby team. Assuming Sale are taking on the old Saracens blueprint? They could be a force in 3-5 years time.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:19 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Lood de Jager at lock
Ross in the backrow
De Klerk at 9
Robert du Preez at 10
Van Rensburg at 12

Starting to look like a bit of a super rugby team. Assuming Sale are taking on the old Saracens blueprint? They could be a force in 3-5 years time.

The squad up there is tiny at the minute so they could do with some players coming in. They've still got a good English core with Harrison, Beaumont, Curry (X2), James (X2), Solomona, Ashton, Yarde and then some more coming in through the academy. If they get the balance right the team will be good enough to start bringing people in too watch as the team start improving but have enough homegrown talent for those fans to get behind.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:47 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Confirmed at the minute. The other two du Preez brothers are linked as well but not confirmed. The Kitschoff rumour seems to have died though.
Stormers have sourced an extra £150k to add to the SARU offer, which took it over the £500k that Sale offered Kitshoff. Huge money but he's a fantastic player.

That deal falling through late is tough for Sale but they have Ross Harrison at loosehead already and now have £500k to invest elsewhere.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:05 pm

king_carlos wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Confirmed at the minute. The other two du Preez brothers are linked as well but not confirmed. The Kitschoff rumour seems to have died though.
Stormers have sourced an extra £150k to add to the SARU offer, which took it over the £500k that Sale offered Kitshoff. Huge money but he's a fantastic player.

That deal falling through late is tough for Sale but they have Ross Harrison at loosehead already and now have £500k to invest elsewhere.

Given the current climate of wage spend £500k for a prop of that quality, age and no prior injury record is worth it. The Boks have a lot of quality props and he is at the top. A player well worth building your front row around.

Not the end of the world for Sale their scrum is ok at the minute and with a better hooker and tighthead joining next season should improve. As you say have money in the pot ready to spend elsewhere now.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:29 pm

Saints have signed Henry Taylor from Saracens for next season. I don't know anything about him but seems to be in the Reinach and Mitchell mould of good distribution an eye for a gap and some pace.

Cover for Reinach going to Japan possibly?
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:55 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Saints have signed Henry Taylor from Saracens for next season. I don't know anything about him but  seems to be in the Reinach and Mitchell  mould of good distribution an eye for a gap and some pace.

Cover for Reinach going to Japan possibly?

Made England under 20s whilst playing for Loughborough Uni then moved to Saracens. His career has stalled a bit. Good kicking game.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:25 am

I see that Jack Singleton's move back to Sarries has been confirmed. I hope he can really kick on as he has perhaps the most promise of our young hookers.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:30 am

Yes. As much as.im.critical of Saracens 'playing' of the salary cap it must be a huge boost for any player to be in that environment. Well supported, great coaching and 9 times out of 10 improve you as a player.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:45 am

Interesting that he left them to get premiership game-time but now ready to go back.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Brilliant signing for Sale, exactly what they need.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Rumours now abound that Shaun Edwards will take over as defence coach for France. Raphael Ilbanez is tipped to take over as head coach after the 2019 RWC and Edwards knows Ilbanez from their time with Wasps so there is a connection there.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:45 pm

I give him all of 2 hours in the job. Until the first smoking break for the forwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:47 am

king_carlos wrote:Rumours now abound that Shaun Edwards will take over as defence coach for France. Raphael Ilbanez is tipped to take over as head coach after the 2019 RWC and Edwards knows Ilbanez from their time with Wasps so there is a connection there.

I didn't know Ibanez was still involved in the game. Where is he coaching? Edwards is staying with Wales for 2 years, possible extension clause, and France vetoed the idea of having a foreign coach. Unless that's just the head coach position?

Gatland seems a dead cert to be the next Lions coach. It's unknown where else he'll be, possible NPC contract before that.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:30 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
king_carlos wrote:Rumours now abound that Shaun Edwards will take over as defence coach for France. Raphael Ilbanez is tipped to take over as head coach after the 2019 RWC and Edwards knows Ilbanez from their time with Wasps so there is a connection there.

I didn't know Ibanez was still involved in the game. Where is he coaching? Edwards is staying with Wales for 2 years, possible extension clause, and France vetoed the idea of having a foreign coach. Unless that's just the head coach position?

Gatland seems a dead cert to be the next Lions coach. It's unknown where else he'll be, possible NPC contract before that
The foreign coach vote was only for the head coach position. Assistant coaches from abroad have coached in the France set-up previously, notably Dave Ellis who helped guide them to 3 grand slams during 11 years as defence coach.

Ibanez has confirmed he will come in as manager, overseeing off field proceedings. Fabien Galthie is supposed to be taking the on field responsibilities. Laurent Labit coming in from Racing as attack coach and William Servat from Toulouse as forwards coach. FFR looking to splash the cash on coaches building towards a home RWC in other words.

If rumours are to be believed then Edwards wanted a 4-year contract with the WRU, got offered a 2-year deal and FFR have offered him the 4-year deal he wanted. Only rumours at this stage with Edwards.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:21 pm

Adam Radwan to Quins according to the Rugby paper potentially.
With Earle out for a long time.

Would be a good fit for Radwan, especially with Brown getting on.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Welly wrote: Adam Radwan to Quins according to the Rugby paper potentially.
With Earle out for a long time.

Would be a good fit for Radwan, especially with Brown getting on.

I think most sides would have a look at Radwan if he was available. It's very difficult to defend that kind of speed. Like Varndell and May you can become a menace on the kick chase, kick return and generally given any space on offer. As defences get bigger and more physical pace is more valuable.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:31 pm

We havent used out and out fast wingers very well in the last few seasons, generally smart wingers with a good step or powerful guya do better for us as we dont make much space and they usually operate closer in amongst the oppo.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Rumour is that the WRU want Cardiff Blues to sign Boyde on the condition they let Nick Williams go. What a stupid decision that would be, Williams is their only ball carrier and they already have 3 good open-sides. No room in the inn for number 7's, Boyde should go to an English prem team.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:04 am

If Radwan *is* available, I'd be hoping Wasps would be having a look. Despite the pretty good recruitment across the squad, we're still light in the back three given we're losing / lost WLR, Daly and Christian Wade. Edit: forgot that Campagnaro is off too.

Minozzi coming in is a nice fit for WLR, and Fekitoa is the like-for-like centre replacement for Daly, but I think lacks Daly's versatility and ability to cover the wing and fullback.

Wade was never all about out-and-out pace, but someone with Radwan's attributes would be a nice addition and a point of difference from Bassett on the other wing.

Having said all that, Marcus Watson staying fit is effectively like having a new winger, so perhaps we'll just go that route.

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Josh Ibankope off to Sarries.
Huge chap with a lot of promise, but had a recent run of poor games - I hope that hasn't played a massive part in him departing.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:06 pm

Bristol DEPARTING PLAYERS:

Jack Tovey – 192 appearances, 37 tries

Jack Lam – 79 appearances, 22 tries

Nick Fenton-Wells – 50 appearances, 6 tries

Tusi Pisi – 50 appearances, 6 tries

Nick Haining – 33 appearances, 8 tries

George Smith – 23 appearances

Joe Latta – 18 appearances, 2 tries

Sione Faletau – 11 appearances

Reiss Cullen – 10 appearances, 2 tries

Ehize Ehizode – 6 appearances

Jordan Lay – 5 appearances

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Jack Lam has struggled for game time this season but it's still a lot of experience for Bristol to lose Lam and Smith at the same time.

Smith is ridiculous. His initial retirement from international rugby came 9 years ago and he's still performing in the Prem. Given the scale of rule changes over that time it's pretty unbelievable he can still play pro rugby as an openside.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next