The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13th Press Conference (Week 11 matches)

+8
TwisT
Take a boo
Afro
Renege
Marky
Azzy
BamBam
Dolphin Ziggler
12 posters

Go down

13th Press Conference (Week 11 matches) Empty 13th Press Conference (Week 11 matches)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 11:24

1. The table is getting much tighter: who do you think will finish bottom?

2. Who is going to win the league?

3. Is there much that is more embarrassing than playing as Lincoln and losing to (at the time) bottom of the league, managerless Bury?

4. The Champions League returns this week: who would you like to win the competition?

5. David Haye missed many boxing bouts with pathetic injuries whilst also being a Mr Winklechops. As a group of notorious bellends, I feel the question is: what weird and mild injury would you make up to skip out on a boxing beating?

6. You can go back in time and score any goal in footballing history: which goal do you score?

7. With transfers having gone on for many weeks now, at what point do you stop and take stock of what you've got, not adding any more?

8. Who is the best, most effective player in the league?

9. What question could you be asked that would make you storm out of a press conference?

10. What's the name of the law firm that keeps trying to buy your players at mildly above their cost?

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 3:55; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

13th Press Conference (Week 11 matches) Empty Re: 13th Press Conference (Week 11 matches)

Post by BamBam Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 11:31

Hug

BamBam

Back to top Go down

13th Press Conference (Week 11 matches) Empty Re: 13th Press Conference (Week 11 matches)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 11:09

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. The table is getting much tighter: who do you think will finish bottom?
It will be a bit sad if it isn’t Bury, though Lincoln are unsure of that.

Twists and turns ahead, I think it will also be Bury.

3. Is there much that is more embarrassing than playing as Lincoln and losing to (at the time) bottom of the league, managerless Bury?
No, I expect resignations 

4. The Champions League returns this week: who would you like to win the competition?
Manchester United. I want Ole to become king of the world

5. David Haye missed many boxing bouts with pathetic injuries whilst also being a Mr Winklechops. As a group of notorious bellends, I feel the question is: what weird and mild injury would you make up to skip out on a boxing beating?
Blister, I get constant blisters 

6. You can go back in time and score any goal in footballing history: which goal do you score?
Paolo’s volley, the greatest goal in premier league history

7. With transfers having gone on for many weeks now, at what point do you stop and take stock of what you've got, not adding any more?
Every time I feel this way, more and more increasingly lately, injuries or bargains change things 

Matty Turner, goalkeeping extraordinaire 

9. What question could you be asked that would make you storm out of a press conference?
What’s wrong with Kenny Miller’s face?

10. What's the name of the law firm that keeps trying to buy your players at mildly above their cost?
Davro and Son’s Legal Eagles

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 11:43

Me. I mean, I don't care who wins and who loses. I'm here to watch FIFA and chew gum. And Hero's not streaming on Twitch right now.

No idea, I haven't looked at the table in weeks.

Yes. You're talking to a guy who's now known as Captain Barnacles at work, after his latest TV appearance Rolling Eyes

Accrington Stanley. No longer would people ask who they are. They'd be fearsome patriots, the sword of Brexit, and would also shove it up Liverpool's gussets.

I wouldn't. I'd love to give boxing a go, and if I got beat up badly, I'd get time off work. Win-win.

Quite possibly the best question in any press conference in history!

I'd score Dennis Bergkamp's goal against Newcastle - the one where Bobby P plays the ball back to him in a 1-2, and with his back to goal he knocks it round Dabizas with the outside of his foot, rolls round him the opposite way, then side-foots it past the keeper.

Then I'd give that goal the celebration it deserved, kecks off, donger dangling, whip the corner flag with it. I've never seen a better demonstration of technique, and Bergy basically celebrated like he'd found some reduced Toulouse sausages in Sainsburys.

I can't sell anyone through Lawyers as my players have either gone up in TM value, or they're worth too little to get good value via replacement. So unless anyone wants to domesticate me, I'm stuck with my current 25.

I jest not, Stefan Ishizaki has been lights out the best player in the league since I bought him.

"Mr Azzy, can you demonstrate how you'd storm out of a press conference for us?"

Duey, Cheatum & Howe.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 12:06

Macclesfield, although that's less to do with Hero and more to do with the hand he was dealt. Hopefully it's MK Dons though.

I reckon Mansfield. Rof is top tier when it comes to pretend football management, and they're right up there.

Maybe falling out of a ground floor window, in front of all your peers, trouserless.

Man City, partly for Pep, partly for the butthurt from Man U and Liverpool fans

Definitely a migraine. Far too big a risk.

January 10th, 2011. A Monday night. Torrential rain. Crawley Town 1-1 Derby County in the FA Cup third round. The clock ticks into injury time. Dean Howell takes a corner, left footed, an outswinger. He scuffs it a little, the ball going mostly along the ground to the edge of the area, in runs Sergio Torres, to calmly sidefoot the ball into the top corner and send 4500 people into pandemonium.

I would choose to be Sergio Torres in that moment.

With the league limit being at 70, probably when everyone is at 70. The beauty is, the limit will go up. Also, there's always going to be a "next big thing" to take a punt on.

I seem to have stopped watching other people's games, so it's hard to say. Early days but Hamza Choudary could become that man for me.

"What do you make of recent events on Love Island and TOWIE?"

And I'd storm out cos, they're recorded on my TiVo box and I'm not waiting around to be spoiled.

Mild Inflation Law Firm. Or MILF for short.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 12:28

1. Not counting managerless clubs as that’s a cheap get out, then Hero looks like he’s got a hard job as he’s clearly built a squad to take the league by storm next season 

2. If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on Afro. So seeing I’m a betting man that doesn’t win much, not him.

3. Upsets happen.

4. Really couldn’t care less. Would be nice to see Juve win it I suppose.

5. I like to pretend I’ve got food poisoning when I’ve got a bad hangover and want to work from home.

6. The hand of god. Oh Diego.

7. I still need to add some more quality in a few positions.

8. Aliendro.

9. Why is Scottish football so bad.

10. Afro & Afros

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 12:42

If its anyone but Bury, then I'd be surprised. Unless its MK Dons, which would be the best outcome for everyone.

Still early days, but there is a small gap forming. Nando is at the top, has bought very well and knows FIFA, so I'd go for him.

Only playing as MK Dons and losing to anyone.

PSG - I'd like to see Buffon finally get his hands on the trophy.

The two most painful injuries are stubbing your toe or standing on an upturned plug. So probably one of those.

Kevin Sheedy v Ipswich, FA Cup 6th Round in 1985. Steps up and puts it in the top corner. Crowd erupts only for the referee to order a retake.

So he duly steps up and puts it in the opposite top corner

Never. Continuous improvement and building for next season at the same time. Why settle for one when you can have both

Castaignos. I think he looks a class striker and is, for me, the reason why Nando is at the top. Nothing to do with Nando of course.

Can we have one of your Krispy Kreme

Viva, Fury and Treble - stockpiling unwanted footballers for use in people trafficking as well as their own little fetish games
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 12:51

Think it will be Bury, although a big shout out to Newport who have been doing very well considering they've gone pretty much all season without a manager.

Looking as though its a two horse race, Morecambe have a very strong side however Grimsby seem to be on a great run of form and may be the team to beat.

No, although then again you can't win anything with kids

Liverpool Football Club

Being able to barely lift my right arm due to the deep burn from doing over a thousand bicep curls.

Trevor Sinclair's bicycle kick, used to love that as a kid.

Getting close, I've now reached the phase where I'm selling my higher rated older players to accommodate youngsters. Will weaken my side short term however I'm hoping for a decent cash return in the long run.

Luis Ibanez

What question could you be asked that would make you storm out of a press conference?

Stratton Oakmont, Jordan Belfort written all over it.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 13:55

I am going to be close. I just can't seem to score no matter how attacking I play.

Morecambe I think. Brilliantly done by Afro

More to do with the fact that churning out any old tactics proved a better choice than Ska doing it

I am going to say Man United

Herpes

Tony Yeboah's volley against Newcastle

I don't think you can. Even top rated players have struggled. It is more to do with recycling and looking for potential fifa and TM increases.

I haven't been watching enough other games to judge really. AJ L-S seems to be doing really well considering he is an original player in the team

For a million pounds would you throw a strop and storm out of this press conference?

Afro Inc

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 15:20

TwisT wrote:6. You can go back in time and score any goal in footballing history: which goal do you score?

Tony Yeboah's volley against Newcastle

Whoa whoa whoa. Any Tony Yeboah goal answer that isn't "the one against Liverpool" is wrong.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 15:27

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. The table is getting much tighter: who do you think will finish bottom? The team with no manager

2. Who is going to win the league? Afro or Hero

3. Is there much that is more embarrassing than playing as Lincoln and losing to (at the time) bottom of the league, managerless Bury? premature ejaculation

4. The Champions League returns this week: who would you like to win the competition? Barcelona

5. David Haye missed many boxing bouts with pathetic injuries whilst also being a Mr Winklechops. As a group of notorious bellends, I feel the question is: what weird and mild injury would you make up to skip out on a boxing beating? carpal tunnel

6. You can go back in time and score any goal in footballing history: which goal do you score? The Penalty on the last game at highbury

7. With transfers having gone on for many weeks now, at what point do you stop and take stock of what you've got, not adding any more? ive not bought anyone in 3 weeks now Laugh

8. Who is the best, most effective player in the league? the people top of the goalscorers/assists charts

9. What question could you be asked that would make you storm out of a press conference? Suggestions of bumming

10. What's the name of the law firm that keeps trying to buy your players at mildly above their cost? Darren Fletcher's leaky bumhole managerial services

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 15:42

Hopefully Lincoln. 

Liver... I fancy a 50p bet on Grimsby Town, although the mighty Carlisle could come back for a late run-in.

Having lost to Lincoln, but managed to defeat Bury a few weeks later, which in turn has sparked our unbeaten run, no not a lot. *clenches fist* I'll get you back Bam...

Man Utd, just so that Solskjaer can rub it Jose's face. Otherwise someone like Dortmund or Ajax, just so there is a different winner and feel to the competition. 

An injured phalange 

Great question and too many to pick from really!
The Roberto Carlos free kick against France in 1997 would the one though - for the moment!

Soon, although I am approaching the point of stockpiling money to upgrade the starting XI. 

Considering I don't watch as many games as I used to, my answer will be slightly biased. However, Hudson-Odoi has been worth the goals and assists. 

This one...

Weiner & Cox - run by Hero and Bam

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 17:13

1 of the bottom 4 .. I don't understand why my team is so crap Laugh

Looking at the table, Grimsby or Morecambe. But based on the fact that I beat Morecambe and Grimsby needed a last min goal to beat me, and my team is schit, I'll go with Mansfield

In my defence, I decided to use the game against the managerless opposition to send out the team with no player instructions, just a formation. I wanted to know whether I was being a help or a hindrance, and my conclusion based on watching that schit show is that THEY NEED ME.

Anyone but City / Liverpool / PSG. Could even deal with the bellends from Barca winning it as long as its none of those 3

A broken eyelash

Fabio Grosso's to win the 2006 world cup. Can you imagine how many Italian lovelies he must have porked in the next two months?!

I'm constantly on the lookout for the next kid who'll go up in value sharpish, even if it means binning one of my apparently, better players

No idea, stopped watching other games when it got too depressing seeing actual attacking competence from other teams. I've done it scientifically, based on combined goals and assists this is the top 5, with their goals, assists and total

Jamille Matt 5 2 7
Philip Turpitz 5 2 7
Callum Hudson-Odoi 4 3 7
Carlos Fernandez 4 3 7
Josh Sheehan 2 5 7

Olly's sister asking me on a date

Tight b4stards & co

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 13 Feb 2019 - 13:25

Any one of Macclesfield, Bury or Cheltenham.

It's between Grimsby and Morecambe.

I think bam shouldn't feel embarrassed. He should stand tall and wash away all the negativity surrounding his club. Sure he lost to a managerless team but Bam is taking more time to adapt to this new league and we shouldn't be too hard on the lad.

My heart says Real Madrid and my mind also says Real Madrid.

'Dead Hand' from the inbetweeners.

Zidane's goal in the Champions league final against Leverkusen.

When I've got a Real Madrid starting 11.

As Sun Tzu once famously said "There are a lot of different warriors with arts they specialise in. An archer may be brilliant from long range but in close combat he will be easily slain. A knight wearing armour may have high defensive stats but his mobility is compromised and he could be taken down by a more nimble armourless foe. The most effective warrior is the one who knows his weakness and is the most adept at covering it up"

"Is Messi better than Ronaldo"

Saul Goodman and Associates
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 13 Feb 2019 - 13:30

Cheltenham Town should just about be alright, especially given that they parked the bus to scrape a goalless draw with us. I'll say Bury, purely because they are a couple of miles away from my work and they don't have a manager.

That 0-0 draw has cost us hugely. We were on track to be thereabouts but now, it's all over. My only tactic is to crank up the pressure and say that both Grimsby and Morecambe are bottlers if they don't finish top. Hopefully then they'll get twitchy.

It's a bit of a weird one playing games without a manager there - you never know what can happen. Don't be too hard on yourself mate.

I'd like Man Utd to win it.

I wouldn't make up any excuse to avoid a fight. The bottom line is that if Viva and Nick are in my corner then I would take on anyone. We're the dream team after all.

I'd go back and score Lampard's goal in the 2006 World Cup. Go into half time 2-2 and we have every opportunity to go and win the tournament.

I've not made any transfers for a long time, but I think that's mostly through not having any motivation rather than believing in my squad.

I don't watch enough of the other games to give a fair answer. I don't really want to give out clues as to who I believe my best player is, but I think anyone who does their scouting on me would see I have a star man. Stop him and you'd beat me.

I've stormed out of many leagues because of the atrocities that have been committed, let alone press conferences. But that's because I have a very fragile mentality - so there's a lot of things you could ask me that would make me storm out.

It's lawyers offers. Don't go overcomplicating things now.
Though I do think the league would be a better place for domestic transfers if they were scrapped. Nobody likes a lawyer.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 13 Feb 2019 - 14:02

nadeem2099 wrote:As Sun Tzu once famously said "A knight wearing armour may have high defensive stats"
Did Sun Tzu invent FIFA? #mindblown

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 13 Feb 2019 - 14:09

Trebs wrote:Though I do think the league would be a better place for domestic transfers if they were scrapped. Nobody likes a lawyer.

I would like to try a league at some point where you use FIFA valuations, don't have lawyers, but have unlimited releases and values don't get frozen.
Just to see how it works
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 13 Feb 2019 - 15:18

Afro wrote:
Trebs wrote:Though I do think the league would be a better place for domestic transfers if they were scrapped. Nobody likes a lawyer.

I would like to try a league at some point where you use FIFA valuations, don't have lawyers, but have unlimited releases and values don't get frozen.
Just to see how it works

Yes - that would be 100% better than the current system IMO.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down