The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17th Press Conference (Week 15 matches)

+9
Afro
Trebs
TwisT
Fernando
BamBam
Take a boo
Fluxy
Azzy
Dolphin Ziggler
13 posters

Go down

17th Press Conference (Week 15 matches) Empty 17th Press Conference (Week 15 matches)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 12 Mar 2019, 4:09 am

1. How did your team get on this week?

2. What music would you play as they came from the tunnel to the pitch?

3. When does this god forsaken season end?

4. What is the weirdest thing you have noticed FIFA doing to your side mid-game?

5. What is the best football kit of all time?

6. Why is it that Grimsby have become so unbeatable?

7. How would you stop fans entering the pitch?

8. Sheep or Lemmings?

9. What is missing from your team?

10. WOW! MAKE YOUR OWN QUESTION SPECIAL: ANSWER A QUESTION OF YOUR OWN WRITING! WOW!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

17th Press Conference (Week 15 matches) Empty Re: 17th Press Conference (Week 15 matches)

Post by Azzy Tue 12 Mar 2019, 9:11 am

The game hasn't been played yet so I don't know. I also don't care whether we won or lost, so it's win-win for me.

S Club 7. Irresistible forces of nature, each and every one of them.

To hear some fake online managerial types speak, 2033. I think Hero's son will be past the 75 cap by the time we get to season 2.

4. What is the weirdest thing you have noticed FIFA doing to your side mid-game?
One of my games had my guys down the left, Dickenson and Akieme, try to win throw-ins for about 5mins. Fans must have gone to the loo while they were pratting about.

Palermo's pink kit.

Nando's given them all black cards I think. Also, fun fact, the highest league position IRL Grimsby ever had was 1st in the Championship, which they managed to reach on the same day England pasted Germany 5-1.

Ban them from their own clubs for life and make them watch West Ham every week, they'd soon behave.

8. Sheep or Lemmings?
Both are good in bed, but I'll say sheep for the extra warmth.

Interest. When you don't care if you live or die, are you really alive?

10. WOW! MAKE YOUR OWN QUESTION SPECIAL: ANSWER A QUESTION OF YOUR OWN WRITING! WOW!
It was only one time, and we said we'd never speak about it again Dolph. Although I did enjoy it, and the cup of tea afterwards was a nice touch.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

17th Press Conference (Week 15 matches) Empty Re: 17th Press Conference (Week 15 matches)

Post by Fluxy Tue 12 Mar 2019, 10:32 am

"First loss in the league in about eight games I think, so disappointing, but not disastrous. We will rebuild."

"I feel Cotton Eye Joe would be very heartfelt by the fans in the Carlisle area"

"Hopefully - never!"

"I wouldn't say weird, but we have scored quite a few bicycle or overhead kicks"

"The Brazil 2002/04 kits are iconic to me. I always liked the Leeds away kit circa 2002/03"

"Because they have faced off against the mighty Carlisle yet!"

"20ft high fences would help. Otherwise, there isn't a genuine deterrent at the moment, to prevent fans going on the field. I wouldn't want to stop fans rushing the field after an important result, but there needs to be a solution."

8. Sheep or Lemmings?
"Lemmings, great game!"

"A decent manager... Just need to reinforce now, perhaps an improvement in midfield in the coming weeks, or a star striker" 

"Is this Epiplexis or Hypophora, who knows?"

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 12 Mar 2019, 11:18 am

A narrow victory against our soon to be cup final opponents Bury. We were comfortable in possession yet struggled to create many chances due to their defensive set up. Certainly provided some food for thought ahead of the final.

Darude - Sandstorm

Hopefully whenever we're top of the league

The in game subs are baffling, recent ones include bringing on my lowest rated CB to play LB in consecutive games and bringing on a 62 rated striker instead of the 70 and 69 rated ones also sat on the bench. Bizarre.

Not quite a kit but the cream Liverpool spice boys suits are legendary.

Has to be down to either having an amazing manager or performance enhancing drugs. Given it some thought and I think they're all on drugs.

Handing out sentences like the one given to that Brummie tosspot would be a pretty good deterrent.

8. Sheep or Lemmings?
Sheep, great game.

A trophy

Who will take the honours this season?
League - Grimsby
Hardcore Cup - FGR
Other Cup - Morecambe

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 12 Mar 2019, 11:44 am

Bummed some bunch of nonces from Cambridge 4-0. Always knew Oxford was better

Beethoven's 5th symphony. I want my team to be as placid and calm as possible, ready to execute the gameplan I've meticulously laid out. Rock and roll to start the 2nd half

We're only about halfway through aren't we? Binning off at least two sides will make it shorter next season, and I'd expect at least one more to flounce off. After that we can just pick someone we all don't like to be the final team to leave

One of my players was the crazy horse, so probably that. Otherwise, they all decide to let in goals for no apparent reason in some games, so that has to count

The old Roma kits were beautiful

Extra powers from sleeping with their sisters

I'd put up a big fence, and make sure to close the gates behind the fans once they were tightly packed in. What could possibly go wrong

8. Sheep or Lemmings?

Lemmings requires more creativity in the questions to work properly, sheep is a game for the simple minded, so works well for us

The ability to win more than 1 game in a row, defend like they have a clue and scroe goals against the better teams

No Olly's mum, I don't think you should take your clothes off in the middle of the high street

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 12 Mar 2019, 12:33 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. How did your team get on this week? won despite big injuries so pretty happy

2. What music would you play as they came from the tunnel to the pitch? Something classy like the vengaboys

3. When does this god forsaken season end? When Theresa agrees a good brexit deal

4. What is the weirdest thing you have noticed FIFA doing to your side mid-game? lb playing rw once

5. What is the best football kit of all time? Still love my redcurrent Arsenal kit from the year we left highbury

6. Why is it that Grimsby have become so unbeatable? Cos i stopped doing tactics and just sent an xi in instead

7. How would you stop fans entering the pitch? Tasers and shotguns

8. Sheep or Lemmings? MAFIA you bunch of cucks

9. What is missing from your team? Shelina Begum's 3rd baby

No no i will not do that - aged 4
MJ - TeeHee

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 12 Mar 2019, 12:45 pm

Very disappointed after some positive displays. I believe I have found the reason, but it hurt to be beaten in that way

I Will Survive

When the fat lady sings

Probably not the weirdest thing but the change to 442 and playing Kamara up front killed any hope of a come back

1980's Holland

Right players in the right formation

Tasers, lifetime ban and 6 months in prison

8. Sheep or Lemmings?

Lemmings.....sheep is pointless. Or not as the case may be.

A good CB. I have plans to bring one in this week

What did I have for lunch? Footlong Subway Melt

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 12 Mar 2019, 1:10 pm

1. We won. Our team played excellently, and had we not scored that late winner, I'd have been mighty disappointed. I must say that Fluxy has an excellent side and will have better days, but I'm sure he'd agree with me that our Exeter side were worthy winners on this occasion.

2. Man's Not Hot. What else?

3. I don't know. I hope it's soon as it seems a more appropriate time for me to hand in my resignation then. It does seem to be going on forever.

4. Why our penalty taker was substituted off after the penalty was awarded, but before the taking of it just completely baffles me. It's very strange.

I must say that the goalkeeper pulled off an excellent save though.

5. Not sure about all time, but my favourite recent kit is the Man Utd away shirt last season - the black one. England 2004 maybe?

6. Because they have the right friends. In all seriousness, I barely keep up with my own side and their exploits, so I don't really care about what any other side is doing. Looking highly likely to win the league so the pressure is on them to continue their excellent form.

7. At Brexeter City we get rid of all those undesirables who would do something like that. Send them all back to where they came from. Birmingham.

8. Sheep.

9. Domestic deals. That's what is missing from almost every team in this league. I'm in a bit of dilemma at the moment, because there are three players on my shortlist I want. But I was considering only doing domestic deals for the rest of the season, to help me retain some kind of interest and try to have fun. We shall see.

10. What should we do about Brexit?

All of us at Brexeter City are supportive of a no deal Brexit, with a focus on domestic dealings.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:29 pm

Still not firing like they were earlier in the season. It seems that my tinkering when the boredom set in is not working, so I need to find a way of getting them back to how they were.

Scottish pipes followed by Z-Cars. What else

It does seem to be going on and it's not even halfway through yet. I think one thing to take from it is that a 16 team, play each other twice season is too long. I think this will resolve itself a bit in season 2, as we are definitely down to 14 teams, and I wouldn't be surprised if we went with 12 teams with no Exeter or MK Dons either given the situation of their current managers. That's 8 less weeks straight away.

Its either the ball floating by itself or Koscielny's crazy horse routine, both in the last season

England 19966 kit from the final, purely for its iconic status. Worst kits have to come from some of the Arsenal or United away offerings of the 90s!

I don't know what you mean. I have a 100% record against them and have scored 20% of my goals against them

Better quality in the stewarding. We are asking aging men, or young students to stop idiots who have be on the pop for hours. Get better trained people, maybe ex military, and they'll soon stop them

8. Sheep or Lemmings?

Sheep

The dynamism to create from the middle of midfield. My team tend to do lots of nice intricate passing between the halfway line and penalty area, without ever putting the incisive ball into the box

WOW! MAKE YOUR OWN QUESTION SPECIAL: ANSWER A QUESTION OF YOUR OWN WRITING! WOW!

Mmm, not sure. One Pizza sized cheeseburger does sound good, by 5 cheeseburger sized pizzas sounds good too. I'll go for the giant cheeseburger please
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:44 pm

On here? I have no idea. I've really fallen away regarding watching back my games Laugh

Darude - Sandstorm. Full sesh.

I believe it has another 14 months left until the mid season break.

Mostly weird subs or moving players out of position.

Finally a good question! I'll go with Barcelona 1999, the half red, half blue, no sponsor centenery one.

I think it's the fear factor, opposition players fear catching some variety of disease from their players living in Grimsby most of the week.

Netting. Like in some European stadiums. It's not as barbaric as the old fences, but it stops large thrown objects and people easily getting onto the pitch.

8. Sheep or Lemmings?
Neither really appeal that much, Sheep is easier to run.

About 11 World Class footballers

Which would you rather have sex with, two 8 foot tall women, or four 4 foot tall women? For the purposes of the question, everyone is in proportion and equally as attractive.

I'd choose two 8 foot tall women.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 14 Mar 2019, 1:25 am

Poorly. They may well have felt sick to their stomachs after that. I'm gonna have to find a reason to ban Bam, but I know someone who I can ask about that.

All The Single Ladies - Beyonce

Never

Diangana left back

Croatia's efforts around 96/98. Man United's weird yellow and green. The England reversible top.

Nando was the first person to find a tactic that works.

I like Marky's netting idea. I think month-long closures if there is anything deemed threatening or confrontation to a player.

8. Sheep or Lemmings?
Lemmings

Shooting.

Rework the fixture list, give wins to all players against managerless teams.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 14 Mar 2019, 8:11 am

I've been on my best behaviour for the last couple of weeks, but if Ireland best Wales I guarantee I'll be banned within 3 days

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 14 Mar 2019, 9:57 am

BamBam wrote: if Ireland best Wales

Maesteg would ban you for this comment alone
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 14 Mar 2019, 11:58 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Nando was the first person to find a tactic that works.

my tactic is to just not touch them and whack in an xi/subs bench heart kiss kiss kiss

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 14 Mar 2019, 12:45 pm

Afro wrote:
BamBam wrote: if Ireland best Wales

Maesteg would ban you for this comment alone

You dared to type Wales, racist.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 14 Mar 2019, 2:34 pm

We lost a game we were expected to win so not a good result. Congrats to azzy on the win tho.

As Sun Tzu once famously said "The war is only over once the enemy forces surrender or if the enemy leader has been killed. The oppressed people shall be freed and under new rule they will thrive"

Casemiro at RW last year. Nothing too bad on this fifa.

17th Press Conference (Week 15 matches) Yqpir8a

Because nando is a fifa nerd. He knows the game more than he knows his own kids.

Sniper rifle on the roof of the stadium would work.

8. Sheep or Lemmings?
Sheep.

A couple of real madrid players.

Q. "Do you think Azzy secretly worships Luka Modric and has posters of him at home"
A. Most definitely! Azzy is probably the biggest Modric fan in the world.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Mon 18 Mar 2019, 8:23 am

1. We lost to Grimsby, but everyone seems to anyway.

2. Prodigy Firestarter. No pyro no party. 

3. After the last game.

4. Never mind mid game, in my loss to Azzy Fifa started my striker at cb, dm at RW, lwb up top, cb in cm etc.

5. Brazil 1970 looking back is my favourite retro, Brazil 

6. If I knew I wouldn’t have lost to them! 

7. Used to be nothing more entertaining at Scotland games than watching a streaker dodge stewards. Now it’s only cants that seem to run on pitches, so give the stewards tasers. That would be entertaining.

8. Sheep.

9. Good tactics.

10. If I could choose one person to cheat on my misses with? Scarlett Johansson.

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down