The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14th Press Conference (Week 12 Matches)

+9
Renege
Afro
nadeem2099
BamBam
Fernando
Azzy
Hero
Marky
Dolphin Ziggler
13 posters

Go down

14th Press Conference (Week 12 Matches) Empty 14th Press Conference (Week 12 Matches)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:40 am

1. The season lasts for 32 weeks - which one of us is most likely to have defected to an Independent League by then?

2. Forest Green and Carlisle, Bury and Grimsby are the four teams left in the Hardcore Cup - who is gonna win it?

3. What is the name of your team's/season's Netflix documentary? (similar to the Sunderland one)

4. KFC/Burger King/McDonald's - one main, one side, one fries and a drink from any - you can only choose from each one once (other than drink) - what is the meal you create?

5. Is Liam Neeson allowed to attend your home games?

6. Who is the best Simpson's character outside of the family?

7. What is your worst experience on a football pitch?

8. What shoes are you wearing?

9. Which insect is the best?

10. Which of these questions was the worst?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

14th Press Conference (Week 12 Matches) Empty Re: 14th Press Conference (Week 12 Matches)

Post by Marky Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:20 am

1. The season lasts for 32 weeks - which one of us is most likely to have defected to an Independent League by then?
Probably Rof. Those damn Scots and their obsession with independence...

2. Forest Green and Carlisle, Bury and Grimsby are the four teams left in the Hardcore Cup - who is gonna win it?
Of the four, I'd say FGR are the favourites, I'll go with them but it could easily be any of the four.

3. What is the name of your team's/season's Netflix documentary? (similar to the Sunderland one)
Chasing Mediocrity - The Crawley Town Story

4. KFC/Burger King/McDonald's - one main, one side, one fries and a drink from any - you can only choose from each one once (other than drink) - what is the meal you create?
Main - Burger King, XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger
Side - KFC, 3 Hot Wings
Fries - McDonalds, by default
Drink - KFC, Milkybar Krushems

Yes, but only if he buys a ticket. Not having him waltz up trying to blag freebies.

Lionel Hutz. Untouchable.

Probably the multiple fracture to my ankle, that I then stood up on (thinking it was sprained) and promptly dislocated, went full Luc Nilis. Three years out of 6-a-side, few months of being miserable as f*ck and nearly losing a marriage over it. I can laugh now though Laugh

Brown slip on shoes, for work, because my uniform is all black and I'm a bit of a rebel.

A daddy long legs. Completely useless creatures. Yet somehow majestic.

Q7 is the one that made me feel sad. F*ck you Chris. F*ck you.

Marky

Back to top Go down

14th Press Conference (Week 12 Matches) Empty Re: 14th Press Conference (Week 12 Matches)

Post by Hero Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:41 am

1. Trebs, he’ll get stroppy over TM at some point and come up with his own version which no-one will then join.
2. Carlisle are on a roll but my money is on FGR as the best team.
3. Silk Road to Ruin. How one man’s dream became a club’s nightmare.
4. TBH I don’t often go to them. Erm some spicy chicken from KFC, don’t know who does what sides wise, something with jalapenos in? McDs milkshake.
5. Yeah sure he’d love to sit next to Sol Campbell, Andy Cole and Shaun Goater.
6. Ned Flanders or Moe
7. Having to ref kids matches and put up with parents giving you abuse.
8. Pretty normal for me, Adidas cloudform trainers as going straight out for a jog once finished work.
9. Praying Mantis, they just look awesome
10. This one. The fast food one afterwards, Subway tends to be the fastfood choice of my kids.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:16 am

Me. Especially if that Independent League is sponsored by The Entertainer.

Could not care less. I'll say Bury, because their name has the fewest letters.

"Ugh: A season of not giving a crap"

20 piece bucket. No side, fries or drink, they get in the way.

Yes, there are hardly any random blacks in Colchester.

Principal Skinner. Reminds me of Trebs.

I got sent off in a cup final on my debut for my school, 2 mins after coming off the bench. Me and my best mate broke each other's noses, both going up for the same ball, missing it, and headbutting each other. I broke my wrist saving a penalty, then scored a hat-trick up front wearing a sling. But being nutmegged by Paul Peschisolido in Monkspath Park in the mid-90s was the worst thing I've ever seen happen. I was mortified.

Curiously, I'm not. I'm at my desk having lunch, and have kicked the mothers off.

Stick insect. Gives us all something to aspire to.

The one about who's winning the tinpot cup. I don't understand any fake online manager who cares whether his team wins or loses. I play a 64-rated RM at AM week-in, week-out, because I don't care if I win, I just want to see that Japanese saucepot playing in my game heart

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:39 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. The season lasts for 32 weeks - which one of us is most likely to have defected to an Independent League by then? Trebs cos he's a Frak shambles of a tactician

2. Forest Green and Carlisle, Bury and Grimsby are the four teams left in the Hardcore Cup - who is gonna win it? Gotta go for the League & Cup Double since down to 4 Laugh

3. What is the name of your team's/season's Netflix documentary? (similar to the Sunderland one) Grim to Bae #NoRegrets

Chicken Royale
KFC Fries
MaccyD's Apple Pie
Strawberry milkshale

5. Is Liam Neeson allowed to attend your home games? I need something to lure in the racists/nonces of lower leagues so may use him as a mascot

6. Who is the best Simpson's character outside of the family? Ralph. Anyone else is a liar and a fraud

7. What is your worst experience on a football pitch? I got subbed on after an injury in the 65th minute then subbed off again in 80th for being Poopie and missing an open goal twice.

8. What shoes are you wearing? none im at home, im not a farmer.

9. Which insect is the best? Buttefly

10. Which of these questions was the worst? Liam Neeson by a distance

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:45 am

Only nonces like KFC fries

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 am

I honestly don't think anyone would defect tbh. This league is the best there is, the best that was, the best there ever will be.

I'm going for Bury. They haven't got a manager telling them what to do and they are free to express themselves whatever way they want on the pitch with no limitations.

Sun Tzu - Dynasties may fall, but Crewe will rise!

I'll be honest I don't eat from any of those. These bug multinational businesses are not deserving of my money. There's a local milkshake shop I go to which I would rather help sustain and support with my custom.

Yes, but he has to sit in between Akinfenwa and Terry Crews.

Comic Book Guy. He reminds me of Marky.

Getting hit in the face with a football at point blank range, made all the worse as I was wearing glasses and they shattered and the pieces went into my eye and retina and I sadly lost my eyesight. But now I'm daredevil so it's all good Cool

As Sun Tzu once famously said "It is very important to wear good footwear in a battle. It may be the difference between life and death. A strong warrior with inadequate footwear may slip and lose his footing, the enemy will take advantage and the superior warrior will be slain. A person's footwear is as important as his sword and armour. Choose your footwear carefully, as it may be the difference between winning and losing"

Praying Mantis.

None of them. It was a privilege answering them.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Nad - someone will promise him the chance to sign a whole squad of Real players and he won't be able to resist!

I fancy Forest Green. He's got a lot of good players who were on my list. Grimsby look the strongest, but I just have this feeling for Forest Green.

Morecambe on your face. A tale of the last end of season trip to Blackpool

Double Whopper from Burger King, McD's fries and KFC hot wings. And a McD's Banana shake.

Yes, as it keeps him off the streets looking for people

CHief Wiggum.

Played a game at Ashton Gate a few years back. Was my first game for about 10 years, super unfit and playing on what felt like a massive professional pitch. Nearly killed me.

At the moment, none.

The ant. They're boss, working hard and carrying massive weight on their shoulders, and you never hear them complain about it!

The shoes one
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:50 pm

1. None, they’d make an arse of the exit and end up failing to agree terms on the new league. They’d have to come crawling back once the realisation that they were lead astray by Tory kumquat false promises.

2. Grimsby are flying in the league, they’re the team to beat.

3. Mansfield cany kick a ball - A true pish story

4. Main - KFC - Zinger stacker burger
Side - MacyDees - Cheeseburger
Chips - Burger King by default
Drink - Just a Diet Coke mate

5. Yes the man has a pair of balls and is honest to admit his mistakes. These unempethetic outraged jokers should show some understanding, this was a young man forty years ago who grew up in Belfast a catholic, the moral outrage is laughable. Ignorance breeds ignorance, thankfully we’ve moved on from those times and so has he.

6. The knifey spoony guy

7. Was playing out in the sticks against some small town team in the Scottish youth cup, go on a run down the wing and one of their local hard men on his big day out let’s his Staffy chase after me. Almost certain I was like Tom trying to run watching over his shoulder as Jerry trys take a bite out his ass. Luckily was only a small thing got me in the ankle/boot while running and the back swing of my boot and the commotion of the other team did enough for to get it and me away

8. Smart black work shoes

9. Ants, ant man was surprisingly good film. Anyone that likes praying mantis must have a thing for their psycho ex, the females eat the males after sex...

10. None, good questions cheers made the train home quicker clap

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:55 am

Going on previous experience I would have to say Trebs.

Given the form of Carlisle and Grimsby its going to be tough however we fancy our chances against any opponent.

Run Forest Run

Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King, McDonalds fries and KFC hot wings. Drink would have to be a strawberry shake from McDonald's.

So long as he's Vegan.

Groundskeeper Willie.

Not so much on the pitch however I remember playing my first game of Men's football at 15 and earning man of the match. As was the custom, I was then forced to stand on a chair and down a yard of ale in front of the entire club, which I immediately brought back up all over the clubhouse floor. It was a real introduction into the Men's game!

Smart work shoes

Ants

The previous one

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:29 am

Can't see anyone doing it, the league is quite stable at the moment. 

We are! Although I can see Grimsby and Forest Green being tough obstacles.

"Carlisle don't do football teams... but if they did..."

Bacon Double Cheeseburger / Hot Wings / McDonalds Fries / McDonalds Strawberry Milkshake

He can, from the safety of his own VIP area behind the bus shelter in the park and ride down the road. 

Groundskeeper Willie, but for a different answer Hank Scorpio

Being part of a side that lost 21-0. Or saving a potential goal with my face, for the rebound to then end up going in anyway. 

Desert boots - wellies later

Ants

The previous one. 

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:39 am

1. There are certainly flaws in the league setup, but I can deal with that. The bigger issue is that I get far less enjoyment from a FIFA league than from the 'old' traditional' leagues. I must say that others seem to have taken to the FIFA league though and that's great.

32 weeks is a long time and as we near the halfway stage I actually can't see myself here at the end of the season. There's no enjoyment in it anymore for me, as it's lost what made these leagues fun. Thanks to Nadz for bringing me back in it, you're one of the best guys on here and it's been an honour to have Nick and Viva on my coaching team. There's a few others on here who really are great guys.

To be clear though, I won't be spearheading any breakaway or independent league. I will also be handing in a set of tactics on a weekly basis for the time being.

2. It all comes down to luck on any given day really - Carlisle.

3. Disjointed - The BrExeter City Strategy.

4. KFC Chicken, McDonald's fries and a Coca Cola. If KFC offered proper Coke instead of Pepsi it would be a whitewash though.

5. I can confirm that Adebayo Akinfenwa has been in touch and personally offered him a season ticket. He said he was too busy to attend though.

6. Liam Neeson

7. Playing in goal in a new six a side team for a friend of a friend. Getting a passback a couple of minutes in and having the ball roll under my foot. Think Gary Neville and Paul Robinson, without the divot. I just lost concentration. But I blamed everyone and everything around me because taking responsibility sucks.

8. I wear safety boots at work every day.

9. Bees.

10. Question 1 has really brought out the worst in me. But Dolph, don't be so negative on yourself - you're the best Press Conference man we've ever had.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:39 am

1. There are certainly flaws in the league setup, but I can deal with that. The bigger issue is that I get far less enjoyment from a FIFA league than from the 'old' traditional' leagues. I must say that others seem to have taken to the FIFA league though and that's great.

32 weeks is a long time and as we near the halfway stage I actually can't see myself here at the end of the season. There's no enjoyment in it anymore for me, as it's lost what made these leagues fun. Thanks to Nadz for bringing me back in it, you're one of the best guys on here and it's been an honour to have Nick and Viva on my coaching team. There's a few others on here who really are great guys.

To be clear though, I won't be spearheading any breakaway or independent league. I will also be handing in a set of tactics on a weekly basis for the time being.

2. It all comes down to luck on any given day really - Carlisle.

3. Disjointed - The BrExeter City Strategy.

4. KFC Chicken, McDonald's fries and a Coca Cola. If KFC offered proper Coke instead of Pepsi it would be a whitewash though.

5. I can confirm that Adebayo Akinfenwa has been in touch and personally offered him a season ticket. He said he was too busy to attend though.

6. Liam Neeson

7. Playing in goal in a new six a side team for a friend of a friend. Getting a passback a couple of minutes in and having the ball roll under my foot. Think Gary Neville and Paul Robinson, without the divot. I just lost concentration. But I blamed everyone and everything around me because taking responsibility sucks.

8. I wear safety boots at work every day.

9. Bees.

10. Question 1 has really brought out the worst in me. But Dolph, don't be so negative on yourself - you're the best Press Conference man we've ever had.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:11 am

Trebs......I think it is due around about now.

Bury for me

How past winners fail......a guide to tweaking

Whopper, KFC Coleslaw, Maccy D Fries - Wimpy Choc Milkshake

More the merrier to attend twistyball

Mr Burns

Usually playing at all is a worst experience! I remember I got a fly in my eye and missed a simple pass which led to a goal. Oh and being told to stop saying back door all the time

Trainers at the mo

Wasp; something so little causing so much drama when you can argue a simple fly is actually more hazardous to your health

Who would win the hardcore cup....it was league related.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. The season lasts for 32 weeks - which one of us is most likely to have defected to an Independent League by then?
Hero, so all he has to do is stream one match a week against obvious co-defector Trebs

Grimsby have the clearer path

Old-fashioned whingers

Big Brekkie Burger from McD's (if you dont have it there, look it up), Hungry Jack's (Aussie BK) chips (they have chicken salt on), KFC popcorn chicken - frozen coke from McD

Yes

Lenny (I do have a Lenny tattoo), Lionel Hutz or Troy McClure

I once took a shot so hard to the balls that I spent 3 days in hospital

None, I'm in bed

All insects are pointless

Neeson

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:37 am

Trebs - 4/6
Azzy - Evens

FGR look like they have had the best performances of any team this season, but as we all know, cup games are anyones

Fyre Festival 2 - the story of how a dream was sold to so many, then went up in flames

Zinger Tower, McDonald's fries, KFC wings and gravy (yeah I'm cheating)

No he fookin isn't. But I'm not telling him, will send my 2 starting centre backs to pass on the message

Millhouse - or as I think of him, Olly

Chasing down a short pass to the opposition keeper, only for him to beat me to it and absolutely nail the ball full power into my gonads. Pretty sure that was worse than the separate occasions where I tore my ankle ligaments and broke the other ankle

Adidas trainers. Why do you want to know you freak

Bumblebee's are the only useful insect

Either the shoes or the insect

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down