The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Saturday...

+3
bsando
BigTrevsbigmac
No9
7 posters

Go down

Are you excited about Saturday... simple

Super Saturday...  Vote_lcap64%Super Saturday...  Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 9 ]
Super Saturday...  Vote_lcap36%Super Saturday...  Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 14

Super Saturday...  Empty Super Saturday...

Post by No9 Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:26 pm

How many of you are as excited as me ....

I'm finding it difficult to sleep NOW... I'll be so knackered by Saturday, I just hope I can stay awake.. Yahoo

No9

Back to top Go down

Super Saturday...  Empty Re: Super Saturday...

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:28 pm

Wassappening?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:30 pm

As a Scot I am very excited for all the games actually, I think Wales deserve to win the GS so I’ll be rooting for them on Saturday. Very interested to see how Italy get on against France and obviously really just want Scotland to perform well and be rid of that awful record at Twickenham.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:37 pm

bsando wrote:As a Scot I am very excited for all the games actually, I think Wales deserve to win the GS so I’ll be rooting for them on Saturday. Very interested to see how Italy get on against France and obviously really just want Scotland to perform well and be rid of that awful record at Twickenham.

Never give up. We had a horrendous record at Twickenham before our win in 2008 (20 years). That win turned our fortunes and was Gats first Slam with Wales. I actually think this Scotland side could do it (if it wasn't for all the injuries). But as I said, never give up...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:38 pm

Honestly....can't say that I'm excited - more chilled. It's been a very strange 6N for me, mood wise. It should feel like it's been a bit of a disaster but instead feels like a chilled out success. No matter the result of the Welsh game, I think 3rd would be a very good place for a side that for whatever reasons, clunked and cluttered through the championship like a warship trying to get back to base with a gaping hole in the side. We made it back to base! 4th, 5th or 6th would have been a sinking.
So anything above 3rd now will almost feel like a Championship win. However if Wales beat us up and embarrass us on the score line, then it might be a case that an enemy sub got through and torpedoed us in harbour!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:45 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:Wassappening?

A party to end all parties in Cardiff .... I hope.

Here's the really daft thing though... I have 2 debentures, and before the tournament started, I promised the tickets to my son and his fiance. The Mrs says I HAVE to keep that promise.. Rolling Eyes

Oh well... I was there for the 2005, 2008 and 2012 Grand Slam parties.. cant be greedy Sad

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:49 pm

SecretFly wrote:Honestly....can't say that I'm excited - more chilled.  It's been a very strange 6N for me, mood wise.  It should feel like it's been a bit of a disaster but instead feels like a chilled out success.  No matter the result of the Welsh game, I think 3rd would be a very good place for a side that for whatever reasons, clunked and cluttered through the championship like a warship trying to get back to base with a gaping hole in the side.  We made it back to base!  4th, 5th or 6th would have been a sinking.
So anything above 3rd now will almost feel like a Championship win.  However if Wales beat us up and embarrass us on the score line, then it might be a case that an enemy sub got through and torpedoed us in harbour!

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:55 pm

As a Scotland fan I'm dreading it!

Why?

1. We get royally humped by England
or
2. We manage to beat England and the usual "ah but we beat England" patter starts and it papers over the cracks of what has been (injury list considered) a bloomin awful championship for us.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 13 Mar 2019, 1:04 pm

Even so, if Scotland beat THIS England side - at their home - it Would be something to regard as a booster to confidence. After all, instead of simply saying "ah but we beat England" you could as easily say "ah but sure we were shockingly off form for our other encounters.
Better to play yourself into form than out of it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 14 Mar 2019, 10:38 pm

Am excited, as heading to Cardiff tomorrow for the weekend.
Will be good to see some faces I’ve not seen for a while.

Can see Wales Ireland going either way. Hoping we can spoil the party.

Would like to see Italy get the win.
As far as England Scotland game goes, well if Ireland win, then would love to see Scotland win.

If wales win, not bothered who wins.

What ever the result in Cardiff, we’ll have a great weekend.

Enjoy all.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 15 Mar 2019, 7:52 am

As an England fan i am exited because ( A ) it is the last game of the tournament. 

And (B )Because there is a chance, a small chance England could win the title, NO Grand Slam for England  but a chance they could win IF, IF, Ireland beat Wales. And there is a good chance that could happen.

Notice, i put the (IF)  in capitals. That is because Wales are playing at home, and are hard to beat at home. 

So come on Ireland do England a favour will you?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down