The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

+31
profitius
bico
VinceWLB
Anglobraveheart
Pete330v2
neilthom7
Mad for Chelsea
R!skysports
EWT Spoons
George Carlin
LondonTiger
Don Alfonso
mikey_dragon
carpet baboon
Tramptastic
RugbyFan100
EST
rodders
bsando
RDW
IanBru
jimbopip
Lagon
demosthenes
LeinsterFan4life
tigertattie
Collapse2005
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
Pot Hale
BigGee
35 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 6 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by BigGee Sun 19 May 2019, 3:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster
Pro14 Playoff Final
Celtic Park
Glasgow

25th May 2019
KO 18.30

Live on Premier Sports

Well the last game of the season for the Pro14 and I don't think many people will disagree with the fact that the two best teams in the league are meeting each other in the final.

The Ladyboys from Dublin, who think that winning trophies is their birth right and have a trophy cabinet back home which kind of suggests that they might be right, against the Mighty Glasgow Warriors, who may not get the chance of another home final in a citadel of Glaswegian sport, for a long long time.

History suggests Leinster for another win and the bookies, always good judges of these sorts of things would concur. However Glasgow have been in sparkling form ever since their spanking by Sarries in the Euro quarters. Rather than depress them, it seems to have inspired them and they have gone on quite a run since then, dispatching Ulster, Leinster (in Dublin), Edinburgh and finally dishing out a hammering to Ulster, the like of which no one really saw coming, in their semi final. They are on form, are confident and are playing some sparkling rugby.

Leinster, it is probably fair to say, a bit like Ireland this season, have not quite been firing on all cylinders. They to received a lesson from Sarries in the Euro finals and can no longer claim to be the best in Europe. Still despite that, they are still grinding out the results. Munster threw the kitchen sink at them in the first half of their semi but could not get over the line, Leinster won it comfortably enough in the end, but at the expense of losing Devin Tooner to a bad looking knee injury.

So what is the final going to come down to?

Leinster have the big game mentality and are devilishly hard to score against, but yet this will be their third big game in three weeks and what have they got left in the tank if it becomes another war.

Glasgow have the ability to score tries against anyone and Leinster will have to be at their best defensively to close them down. Glasgow will also have the home advantage and probably a much bigger proportion of the crowd, despite an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.

My feeling is that Glasgow have to start well and get their noses in front. Leinster are at their best when out in front and shutting down a team chasing a lead. If Glasgow can get off to the kind of start they did against Ulster and can maintain it, then the efforts of the past three weeks may start to take their toll. If that does not happen though, the kicking and power game of Leinster will be hard to overcome.

Either way a great game at a great venue beckons!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by maestegmafia Sun 26 May 2019, 1:10 pm

Well done Leinster haven’t seen the game yet and looking forward to it

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by George Carlin Sun 26 May 2019, 2:02 pm

Well done Leinster - didn't watch the game but will try and find the full match online. It was always going to be won by the team with the lowest error count.

B+ for Rennie this season. He brought on a lot of younger players and got the most out of some of our journeyman. However, he was either unable or unwilling to plug some of the clear quality gaps across the squad as a whole. Still like him as a coach though.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 26 May 2019, 3:26 pm

The attendance in Celtic Park of 47,000 was a boost for Anayi & Co in getting a large club crowd outside of Ireland.   However, you have to wonder if Glasgow hadn’t made the final, what the crowd numbers would be like.  Leinster fan attendance was very poor to my eyes after the trip to Newcastle and the full-house at the RDS for the semifinal.

If Cardiff or Rome are selected, with say a repeat of this year’s finalists or a Munster or even say the Cheetahs, what’s the prospects for getting the numbers up?

Mind you, if it was a Glasgow v Ospreys final in Dublin, I wouldn’t be holding my breath either.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 26 May 2019, 8:11 pm

Well, Headscratch chin

need to watch it on the box as it is still a kaleidoscope of impressions.

here goes;

the east end of Glasgow has undergone serious "tarting up" but is still pretty grim ( with the emphasis on the grim there) .

The weather was atrocious, which didn't help either side but probably hindered Leinster least .

It's a great stadium to watch a match in; BUT the facilities are very poor, Execeterr run loads of busses out to Sandy Park but the Po14 had nothing to help fans get to the game  or back .

Nigel bottled at least two big moments; Fraser Brown should have seen yellow, at least, for a nasty man without-ball on Leinster's 9, Kearney was a red all day long.

There were two scrum penalties against Glasgow late in the second half which mystified me. The second, for wheeling, when we were three points down virtually handed the game to Leinster. They won the line out, picked and drove till time was up and kicked the ball off. Full credit to them but the scrum was in their half and pretty central: if he gives it to us it's almost certainly all square.

Jonny Gray had a very quiet game. I wouldn't be surprised if his average carrying distance is less than one metre. he seemed to run straight into the nearest defender and go to ground very slowly, it was usually two defenders and by the time the ball was recycled all the momentum was lost.

Cummings had a stormer. Compare and contrast. as they say.

The backs played a lot better when Furra Linee came on. I'm not saying he is a better 12 than SJ, just that he was different in the way he moved the defensive line and put other players into space.

Last night could have gone either way but the Ringrose try probably was the difference. If we had held the lead and made them open up we could have found lots more space and run rings round them, instead they edged ahead and were good enough to defend it. they deserved to win.

Oh and Gee is almost as handsome as he is witty and eloquent.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 27 May 2019, 12:01 am

jimbopip wrote:Well, Headscratch chin

here goes;

the east end of Glasgow has undergone serious "tarting up" but is still pretty grim ( with the emphasis on the grim there) .

The weather was atrocious, which didn't help either side but probably hindered Leinster least .

It's a great stadium to watch a match in; BUT the facilities are very poor, Execeterr run loads of busses out to Sandy Park but the Po14 had nothing to help fans get to the game  or back .

Nigel bottled at least two big moments; Fraser Brown should have seen yellow, at least, for a nasty man without-ball on Leinster's 9, Kearney was a red all day long.

There were two scrum penalties against Glasgow late in the second half which mystified me. The second, for wheeling, when we were three points down virtually handed the game to Leinster. They won the line out, picked and drove till time was up and kicked the ball off. Full credit to them but the scrum was in their half and pretty central: if he gives it to us it's almost certainly all square.

Jonny Gray had a very quiet game. I wouldn't be surprised if his average carrying distance is less than one metre. he seemed to run straight into the nearest defender and go to ground very slowly, it was usually two defenders and by the time the ball was recycled all the momentum was lost.

The backs played a lot better when Furra Linee came on. I'm not saying he is a better 12 than SJ, just that he was different in the way he moved the defensive line and put other players into space.

Last night could have gone either way but the Ringrose try probably was the difference. If we had held the lead and made them open up we could have found lots more space and run rings round them, instead they edged ahead and were good enough to defend it. they deserved to win.

How rude!

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 27 May 2019, 9:21 am

Well done Leinster, Glasgow looked the more threatening side but Leinster just handled the big moments a took their chances.

This was a high quality game despite the weather.

I did feel Ulsters performance flattered Glasgow a bit, and that with out the quick ball to play off that Leinster would just grind them down physically and force them into mistakes. That said it could have gone either way.

Ringrose missed a couple of early tackles but otherwise had a super game in defense and attack, personally he'd have been my motm.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 27 May 2019, 10:25 am

Well done Leinster, totally deserved result. Glasgow didn’t seem to have anything like the attacking nous they normally show and I think in a large part that was down to Leinster’s tactics. The choke tackles in particular were a real weapon and brought a lot of success for Leinster as it totally cut off Glasgow’s ability to recycle the ball quickly and often resulted in a turnover.

I didn’t see the Brown tackle live, but from what I saw I could kind of understand why it was only a pen as everything Brown did was correct he just got the wrong lad who was in the way. However that is based on one viewing of one angle so I could be wrong and it might have been a horror show.

On the Hogg tackle, a yellow card was probably fair, although someone pointed out on twitter (so bucket load of salt needed) that the rules don’t say the player needs to land on their head/neck, just that it needs to be dangerous, and given Hogg temporarily lost vision and felt like he was about to be sick, probably suggests he lost consciousness, which sounds pretty dangerous. It’s tough, but I think yellow was probably fine, based upon normal convention. With all that said, it would have only been an extra 5 mins difference (between red and yellow) so likely would have made very little difference to the result regardless.

In terms of the match day experience at parkhead, I’ve only been to the ground a couple of times (in my capacity as a football fan) and given I support one of the lesser teams in Scotland we only ever get the ‘restricted view’ seats, and they are terrible. From memory the ground is in the middle of nowhere and last time I was there, it looked like the surrounding area was the scene of an apocalypse movie. Granted that was quite a few years ago now, so might be totally different.

With regards to the booing, I really don’t think it matters anymore, most teams/nations do it, and whilst I don’t do it and don’t agree with it, I find it harder to get worked up about it. One complaint though, Glasgow fans (I assume) booing for Sexton to hurry up his kick when Steyn was in the bin, surely they want to waste as much time as possible whilst he was off the pitch!

Anyway, as I say well done Leinster, better team won on the day.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 27 May 2019, 11:20 am

Eejit wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Well, Headscratch chin

here goes;

Nigel bottled at least two big moments; Fraser Brown should have seen yellow, at least, for a nasty man without-ball on Leinster's 9, Kearney was a red all day long. It reminded me of his yellow at Twickers inasmuch as he seems too psyched up in the early stages of a match and will "cross the line" rather too easily.

There were two scrum penalties against Glasgow late in the second half which mystified me. The second, for wheeling, when we were three points down virtually handed the game to Leinster. They won the line out, picked and drove till time was up and kicked the ball off. Full credit to them but the scrum was in their half and pretty central: if he gives it to us it's almost certainly all square. After watching the game the second penalty was on 67 minutes rather than 77 BUT it was a Glasgow penalty all day long. The first was also a legitimate steal, he called "play it" the ball came out, only just, and Cully dived on it. Yet he resets the scrum with Ladyboys having the put in. Shocked

How rude! Are you saying Gee is neither eloquent nor witty/ Shame on you!

Spoons, I read somewhere that the booing of Sexton started with the first penalty. No , it started when his foot touched the tarmac outside the stadium. He was barely off the bus when it started.

The Scotstoun Massive met him aff the bus. Laugh

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 27 May 2019, 11:30 am

I’m not terribly fussed with the booing to be honest. It’s all a bit of pantomime to me at the end of the day. As in any walk of life you’ll meet complete rockets that take things to far but that’s just the way of things.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 27 May 2019, 5:43 pm

I agree.  I wouldn't make any big deal about it, it's just symbolic of the immersive/ participative nature of today's society.  Just as you say, pantomime entertainment.

Nothing much should be made of if at all.  The culprits should just be found, their homes ransacked for incriminating evidence of over use of  PlayStations/X boxes.  They should then only be tried, whipped, paraded through the streets before being executed.  That's all.  It's only a game after all. Hug

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 27 May 2019, 7:19 pm

It was the most amount of booing I've heard in attending games over the last 2-3 decades. It was mainly focussed on Sexton with fans around me shouting - come one get on with it as he lined up to take his kicks - which led me to think initially they'd obviously never seen him play before as he always takes his time. Booing at refs decisions you can hear plenty of at games - nothing new in that.

But they get the Boo-Boy Season Award for 2019 from me.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 28 May 2019, 2:00 pm

Just had a look at the Glasgow Warriors forum as to what the general view was on the venue.

The general consensus seems to be not very good, but no-one really coming up with any great alternatives for a larger stadium to use in Glasgow itself, all the others Ibrox, Hampden have their own issues and anything more suitable, would certainly be a lot smaller, which would be its own issue now that we have shown that people will turn up for a major rugby event in a football centric city like Glasgow.

Some of the gripes did not have a great deal of basis in my opinion.

The location of the stadium was not that bad and in all honesty how many large stadiums, other than in cardiff are situated right in the middle of the town these days? To my mind it was no further out than Murrayfield is in Edinburgh and in terms of the transport, much the same things apply, you will wait a long time to get a tram back from there after a match as well.

We probably waited half an hour to get our train at Dalmarnock, which was a similar time that I have waited for trains back to Glasgow at Haymarket and shorter than for other big events that i have been at. If I had not been there with an older relative, then I would probably have walked back into town, which would have taken much the same time as waiting for the train.

The bottom line is that there are pretty much always going to be delays when you come out of any major sporting event with a crowd that size, they will not just evaporate.

The atmosphere in the ground was certainly good, the best I have ever been to for a club game of rugby and I certainly had a very good view from my seat, though we did pay for a decent seat, but i was not dissapointed.

The stewarding inside the ground was not as good as at other big games i have been to though, but it was not that hard to find your seats.

The big issue to me was the very poor fan zone and the lack of decent food and drink to purchase. We would have bought some if there was anything half decent and I would have enjoyed a pint or two.

Hopefully they will learn from the experience and will improve it if it every comes back to Glasgow. They have gotten plenty of feedback on what they need to do.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 28 May 2019, 2:01 pm

Sadly missed the final and having to work on what has been said.

Well done to Leinster for winning. Over the course of the season Leinster have been one of the true powers of the club game and deserved a trophy.

For Glasgow, it still feels like we finish at the wrong end of close games against the very best. Leinster in the final and Sarries in the pool Champions Cup game. This extends to Scotland with the Wales game in particular rankling. It sounds like the occasion lived up despite the weather and it is great to read that there were almost 50k for a club game in Scotland.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 28 May 2019, 2:45 pm

Report that the 2020 final will be played in the Cardiff City Stadium, capacity 33,000 or so.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Tue 28 May 2019, 2:55 pm

BigGee wrote:Just had a look at the Glasgow Warriors forum as to what the general view was on the venue.

I’m surprised the smegheads that post over there could spend much time on the topic as they’re usually far too busy going after each other and calling each other names. The fact that they support the same club as I do is irritating. I hope some of them also read this forum so they can grasp quite how much I hate them.

As for the stadium itself, I liked my seat and the good company but that’s was about all that was good about it. Fanzone needs work - maybe if they had fenced off a perimeter like in Murrayfield they could have a nice big area which would have been nice if the sun was out. Once you were through the turnstiles it was like being in the backroom of a Homebase. It’s not as if rugby fans are the most demanding fans in the world, as long as there is beer you’re likely to get a reasonably good report.

For bigger games we could always make the triumphant return to Firhill! We can have a 606 get-together in the worst pub in Britain across the road.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 28 May 2019, 3:15 pm

I do find it comforting to know that, for all the trouble we get on here, other forums are generally much worse!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 28 May 2019, 3:22 pm

Dedicated forums must be the same then, the dedicated Ulster forum sounds very much like the Warriors one. At least here we have fans from all clubs and leagues to keep each other honest even if they do disagree a little bit some of the time Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 28 May 2019, 3:23 pm

Go onto the Edinburgh forum and you'll get people asking why Tim Visser and Mike Blair didn't play in the last Edinburgh game.

That or 'you shouldn't say negative things about the team - you're obviously not a true fan'

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Tue 28 May 2019, 3:25 pm

RDW wrote:I do find it comforting to know that, for all the trouble we get on here, other forums are generally much worse!

Don’t get me started on this place.

Blatant Edinburgh bias
No #justiceforjimbo #jimboformod
Tigertattie’s profile remains undefiled with the username in hot pink and “I love Glasgow” permanently branded under his username

PS. Trams are for losers

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 28 May 2019, 3:58 pm

RDW wrote:Go onto the Edinburgh forum and you'll get people asking why Tim Visser and Mike Blair didn't play in the last Edinburgh game.

That or 'you shouldn't say negative things about the team - you're obviously not a true fan'

I thought that was only Bakebook fans that were like that.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Tue 28 May 2019, 4:14 pm

Eejit wrote:
RDW wrote:I do find it comforting to know that, for all the trouble we get on here, other forums are generally much worse!

Blatant Edinburgh bias
No #justiceforjimbo #jimboformod
Tigertattie’s profile remains undefiled with the username in hot pink and “I love Glasgow” permanently branded under his username

PS. Trams are for losers

Central Belt bias

Urban Centres are for losers.

Imagine basing your pro rugby teams where there's a large populace who can support the team on a regular basis?

Terrible Bias

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by Dollar Bill Tue 28 May 2019, 4:30 pm

A lot of whinging from Leinster about booing Sexton.

He took 75 seconds to kick the penalty to make it 15-10.
The rules state “The kick must be taken within 60 seconds (playing time) from the time the team indicated their intention to do so, even if the ball rolls over and has to be placed again. Sanction: Kick is disallowed and a scrum is awarded.”

The crowd were well within their rights to boo and Glasgow should have been awarded a scrum.

Dollar Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 28 May 2019, 4:32 pm

Eejit wrote:

Blatant Edinburgh bias- Cleary the knock to Hoggy's head has had an effect on you. Everyone knows the SRU love the weedge more than the true rugby team of Edinburgh. The SRU have made it public knowledge that for years they put all the investment into Glasgow at the expense of Edinburgh.
No #justiceforjimbo #jimboformod - I fully agree #Jimboformod
Tigertattie’s profile remains undefiled with the username in hot pink and “I love Glasgow” permanently branded under his username - This was only to happen if Glasgow won the Pro14 which they didnt. Even I am sad that they didnt. Anyoo, the whole excercise kicked off as you Glasgow lot keep rambling on about Glasgow's one fluke win just like England do about '66. Time to move on lads!

PS. Trams are for losers
- Trams are indeed for Losers but the No 26 bus runs every 5 minutes. PS, in argument about getting to and from The Cellic Park, to get back from there to the centre of Weegieland is a 45 min walk (passed some of the schemiest areas on earth) while Murrayfield to Edinburgh city centre is a mere 30 mins (through some of the lovliest leafy suburbs) - This according to google, I'm sure I can do HQ to the West End of Princes street in 20!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 28 May 2019, 5:04 pm

So it has been confirmed today that next years final will be in Cardiff, in the football stadium.

Seems like a good call to me and hopefully it will get the Welsh a bit more engaged with the league and give them an incentive to try and win it.

A home final is a great opportunity, last weekend may have been my only chance to have experienced one.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 28 May 2019, 5:07 pm

Cant really beat Cardiff for a final. Locals are first class too. Hopefully this will give the Welsh sides the kick in the pants they need and with a bit of luck they will be "arsed" next year.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2019, 5:25 pm

There will be whinges that it is not in the city centre in Cardiff but slightly out of town, much like the whinges of Cardiff Blues fans when they used to play at this stadium and fans boycotted it!

I’ll be up for attending it though. Should be good.

Back to top Go down

Post by bico Tue 28 May 2019, 7:10 pm

I have attended this place and it was great on all 3 occasions. Not really that far out.

bico

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 28 May 2019, 7:16 pm

bico wrote:I have attended this place and it was great on all 3 occasions. Not really that far out.

No, no Bico! Oh no Bico!

You've attended this place more than three times. And we are really far out.

Much further out than you thought...

and not waving

but drowning.

drumroll oh yeah

Aye thang ewe. I'm here all week. try the chicken, and don't forget to tip your waitress.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 28 May 2019, 11:47 pm

Dollar Bill wrote:A lot of whinging from Leinster about booing Sexton.

He took 75 seconds to kick the penalty to make it 15-10.
The rules state “The kick must be taken within 60 seconds (playing time) from the time the team indicated their intention to do so, even if the ball rolls over and has to be placed again. Sanction: Kick is disallowed and a scrum is awarded.”

The crowd  were well within their rights to boo and Glasgow should have been awarded a scrum.

You neatly omit all the other times he was booed including his first kick.

And it was not 75 secs from the time that Sexton indicated to the ref that he was going to kick it.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dollar Bill Wed 29 May 2019, 12:35 am

Feel free to watch it again....
He signalled to Owens at 33.58, got round to kicking it at 35.11 so my mistake, 73secs

On his first kick the clock was stopped when he told the ref he was taking the shot, and even after it restarted he still took well over a minute, the crowd are entitled to get one his back if he is taking that long.

Off course Leinster fans would never conduct themselves in such a fashion....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2019/05/13/champions-cup-final-pulsating-booing-referee-whenever-decision/

Dollar Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 29 May 2019, 10:02 am

As that well known rugby fan (well she did live in Bath) Jane Austen put it,

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a young man in possession of a prima donna attitude is in want of a good booing."

Glasgow fans were just showing how literary we are on Saturday night.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by bico Wed 29 May 2019, 12:29 pm

bico wrote:
I have attended this place and it was great on all 3 occasions. Not really that far out.

No, no Bico! Oh no Bico!

and not waving

but drowning.

Aye thang ewe. I'm here all week. try the chicken, and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Having read this now about 10 times I think I get it! (am a bit slow) You guys are not far out compared to some of the other sites around. You all seem lovely sensible types with a genuine interest in Rugby.

bico

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Wed 29 May 2019, 12:35 pm

bico wrote:bico wrote:

No, no Bico! Oh no Bico!

and not waving

but drowning.

Having read this now about 10 times I think I get it! (am a bit slow) You guys are not far out compared to some of the other sites around. You all seem lovely sensible types with a genuine interest in Rugby.

Genuine interest in rugby? This is a facade, we're actually here to discuss pop culture references and poetry

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 29 May 2019, 2:17 pm

Tramptastic wrote:

No, no Bico! Oh no Bico!

and not waving

but drowning.

Genuine interest in rugby? This is a facade, we're actually here to discuss pop culture references and poetry

Three week ban for Tramptastic, Flounder! He forgot to mention urban renewal in the east end of Glasgow.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Wed 29 May 2019, 2:52 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:

No, no Bico! Oh no Bico!

and not waving

but drowning.

Three week ban for Tramptastic, Flounder! He forgot to mention urban renewal in the east end of Glasgow.

How did you know those were the sites I was working on?! Genuinely running the remediation strategy for Blairtummock, Cranhill & Croftcroighn to help regenerate the area!

You can tell the locals appreciate the work as we've only had 1 set of cabins burnt down and one decapitation

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 29 May 2019, 3:35 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:

No, no Bico! Oh no Bico!

and not waving

but drowning.

The end is nigh!

jimbo used the quote function correctly to quote someone who didnt use it correctly when they were quoting jimbo!

We're doomed!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 29 May 2019, 4:27 pm

So, Bru and I met up with Gee in the pissing rain/ typical spring sunshine in the west of Scotland and the Hagia Sophia takes a pic of all three of us on her phone.

Bru says, "I'm not sure how...but I'll try to get this posted on 606."

Gee replies, "Don't let Jimbo do it. He can't even....."

I knew then the match would end in disappointment and tears. Doh

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 29 May 2019, 5:03 pm

If you're on a computer go to your twitter page, right click on the image and select 'copy image address'

Click on insert image wee box above where you write text for a new post and paste the link in the URL box.

You can probably do it from a phone too to be fair.

Job done!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 29 May 2019, 5:09 pm

twitter?

Is this a new type of phone all you young people are buying?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 29 May 2019, 5:11 pm

I can do it if I have your permission!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 29 May 2019, 5:31 pm

Screw it I'm taking the fact you were going to post it as permission - let me know if you want it taken down!

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 6 D7bfk9IXYAAhkkw

Biggee, Jimbo and Ianbru AKA  the 3 Wise Men, the Holy Trinity, the 3 Amigos, the 3 Musketeers, the 3 Stooges, the 3 Tenors, Harry, Ron and Hermione, Mario, Luigi and Bowser, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly etc. etc.

Last edited by RDW on Wed 29 May 2019, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 29 May 2019, 7:26 pm

I think we all scrub up quite well!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 29 May 2019, 8:38 pm

RDW wrote:Screw it I'm taking the fact you were going to post it as permission - let me know if you want it taken down!

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 6 D7bfk9IXYAAhkkw

Biggee, Jimbo and Ianbru AKA  the 3 Wise Men, the Holy Trinity, the 3 Amigos, the 3 Musketeers, the 3 Stooges, the 3 Tenors, Harry, Ron and Hermione, Mario, Luigi and Bowser, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly etc. etc.

Finally got it:

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 6 Jimbo_10     Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 6 Tambor11

Tambor      Jim The Quote
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 30 May 2019, 8:55 am

I finally got around to watching my recording of the game last night.

It really was a very tight game that could have gone either way.

We certainly had our chances to score more and unfortunately Hastings probably showed just a touch of inexperience in his choice of options. Those are the kind of margins that decide games like these. I don't want to be to hard on him though, he is developing into a very good player and will hopefully learn a lot from this experience.

On the Hogg tackle, it was touch and go and the card could have gone either way. By the look on DKs face, I think he thought he was getting a red. Good to see him checking up on Hoggy though, we did not manage to see that whilst at the match.

The other Glasgow player, who I thought had a really good game once he came on was Grant Stewart. His arrows were good and he was just great around the park including taking his try very well indeed.

Can't complain about the result though. It was close, but Leinster just played the conditions and took their chances better than we did.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 30 May 2019, 9:03 am

BigGee wrote:I finally got around to watching my recording of the game last night.

We certainly had our chances to score more and unfortunately Hastings probably showed just a touch of inexperience in his choice of options. Those are the kind of margins that decide games like these. I don't want to be to hard on him though, he is developing into a very good player and will hopefully learn a lot from this experience.

On the Hogg tackle, it was touch and go and the card could have gone either way. By the look on DKs face, I think he thought he was getting a red. Good to see him checking up on Hoggy though, we did not manage to see that whilst at the match.

The other Glasgow player, who I thought had a really good game once he came on was Grant Stewart. His arrows were good and he was just great around the park including taking his try very well indeed.

Can't complain about the result though. It was close, but Leinster just played the conditions and took their chances better than we did.

I agree on the Hastings point, if he had given that try scoring pass to Johnson it would have been a very different game! He has had a good season overall, managed to get over some mid-season wobbles, and will be a better player next season.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 30 May 2019, 9:04 am

Look, I only have one thing to say!

Jimbo - Broon shoes??? warning
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 30 May 2019, 9:08 am

BigGee wrote:I finally got around to watching my recording of the game last night.

What were your thoughts on the tackle from behind without the ball on Luke McGrath?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 30 May 2019, 9:17 am

No, would not have felt aggrieved if he had taken a yellow for that either.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 30 May 2019, 9:26 am

I would not have liked to take that hit nor Hogg's. Tough guys.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 30 May 2019, 9:31 am

The best part of the game for me was when Grant Stewart flung the ball out the back in celebration after sliding in for his try and DTH just about clobbered him for doing so.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next