The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

+31
profitius
bico
VinceWLB
Anglobraveheart
Pete330v2
neilthom7
Mad for Chelsea
R!skysports
EWT Spoons
George Carlin
LondonTiger
Don Alfonso
mikey_dragon
carpet baboon
Tramptastic
RugbyFan100
EST
rodders
bsando
RDW
IanBru
jimbopip
Lagon
demosthenes
LeinsterFan4life
tigertattie
Collapse2005
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
Pot Hale
BigGee
35 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 2 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by BigGee Sun 19 May 2019, 3:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster
Pro14 Playoff Final
Celtic Park
Glasgow

25th May 2019
KO 18.30

Live on Premier Sports

Well the last game of the season for the Pro14 and I don't think many people will disagree with the fact that the two best teams in the league are meeting each other in the final.

The Ladyboys from Dublin, who think that winning trophies is their birth right and have a trophy cabinet back home which kind of suggests that they might be right, against the Mighty Glasgow Warriors, who may not get the chance of another home final in a citadel of Glaswegian sport, for a long long time.

History suggests Leinster for another win and the bookies, always good judges of these sorts of things would concur. However Glasgow have been in sparkling form ever since their spanking by Sarries in the Euro quarters. Rather than depress them, it seems to have inspired them and they have gone on quite a run since then, dispatching Ulster, Leinster (in Dublin), Edinburgh and finally dishing out a hammering to Ulster, the like of which no one really saw coming, in their semi final. They are on form, are confident and are playing some sparkling rugby.

Leinster, it is probably fair to say, a bit like Ireland this season, have not quite been firing on all cylinders. They to received a lesson from Sarries in the Euro finals and can no longer claim to be the best in Europe. Still despite that, they are still grinding out the results. Munster threw the kitchen sink at them in the first half of their semi but could not get over the line, Leinster won it comfortably enough in the end, but at the expense of losing Devin Tooner to a bad looking knee injury.

So what is the final going to come down to?

Leinster have the big game mentality and are devilishly hard to score against, but yet this will be their third big game in three weeks and what have they got left in the tank if it becomes another war.

Glasgow have the ability to score tries against anyone and Leinster will have to be at their best defensively to close them down. Glasgow will also have the home advantage and probably a much bigger proportion of the crowd, despite an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.

My feeling is that Glasgow have to start well and get their noses in front. Leinster are at their best when out in front and shutting down a team chasing a lead. If Glasgow can get off to the kind of start they did against Ulster and can maintain it, then the efforts of the past three weeks may start to take their toll. If that does not happen though, the kicking and power game of Leinster will be hard to overcome.

Either way a great game at a great venue beckons!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale Mon 20 May 2019, 2:56 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Are you kidding? 2001 isn't the best sci-fi movie ever. (Blade Runner Directors Cut)

It's not the best Kubrick movie ever. (The Shining, Clockwork Orange which is Leo Cullen's favourite)

It's not even the best movie with monkeys in it ever. (That was "Monkey Business" directed by Howard Hawks and starring Cary Grant. They went on to make the best film ever to feature a leopard, Bringing Up Baby since you asked. And no...it is not about bulimic cannibals.)

If 2001 was a rugby player it would be Marcus Smith; everyone nods their head and agrees he's really special but he never really does anything.

I think Shawshank is "alright" but isn't in my top 100.

I agree 2001 isn't the best Kubrick movie ever. But it definitely is the best sci fi movie ever. The visuals alone are some of the most breathtaking images put to film. I don't think Blade Runner would have even existed without it.

The best movie with monkeys in it is clearly Trading Places.

If 2001 was a rugby player it would be Christian Cullen. Scintillating in every aspect.

Except when playing for Munster....
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 20 May 2019, 3:07 pm

jimbopip wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Are you kidding? 2001 isn't the best sci-fi movie ever. (Blade Runner Directors Cut)

It's not the best Kubrick movie ever. (The Shining, Clockwork Orange which is Leo Cullen's favourite)

It's not even the best movie with monkeys in it ever. (That was "Monkey Business" directed by Howard Hawks and starring Cary Grant. They went on to make the best film ever to feature a leopard, Bringing Up Baby since you asked. And no...it is not about bulimic cannibals.)

If 2001 was a rugby player it would be Marcus Smith; everyone nods their head and agrees he's really special but he never really does anything.

I think Shawshank is "alright" but isn't in my top 100.

I agree 2001 isn't the best Kubrick movie ever. But it definitely is the best sci fi movie ever. The visuals alone are some of the most breathtaking images put to film. I don't think Blade Runner would have even existed without it.

The best movie with monkeys in it is clearly Trading Places.

If 2001 was a rugby player it would be Christian Cullen. Scintillating in every aspect.

No one ever asked what was the point of Christian Cullen. No one ever walked out halfway through one of his line breaks.

People who don't understand rugby did.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 May 2019, 3:10 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh touche Laugh Laugh Laugh

But the only reason it isn't the most over-rated sci-i movie ever is because it isn't Tarkowski's Solaris.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 20 May 2019, 3:12 pm

jimbopip wrote:Laugh Laugh Laugh touche Laugh Laugh Laugh

But the only reason it isn't the most over-rated sci-i movie ever is because it isn't Tarkowski's Solaris.

Are you on a wind up? Tarkovsky (note spelling) is one of, if not the greatest film-maker who has ever lived.

His dreams are probably better than Blade Runner.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 20 May 2019, 3:13 pm

Oh oh Jimbo has found a playmate... picard

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 May 2019, 3:31 pm

RDW wrote:Oh oh Jimbo has found a playmate... picard

Don't you get smug Flounder. I'm now about to deliver a stinging rebuke to all of you. wasters and scoundrels that you are. Ne'erdowells and poppycocks.

Mel brooks once said, "Everyone wants jokes to be original and funny. Original is easy. Funny is easy. Original and funny. Not so easy."

So, you philistines furious

"Bringing Up Baby"....No it's not about bulimic cannibals.

I'm wasted on you lunkheads.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 20 May 2019, 3:32 pm

I did laugh at that but knew you'd hate it if no one mentioned it!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 20 May 2019, 3:43 pm

At least no-one has mentioned the raging inferno of sectarianism for a while now...

I would pose to you that the most recent Bladerunner film is actually superior to the original in every aspect beyond Harrison Fords costume choice (whatever he woke up wearing on the first day of filming).

It also solved Ridley Scotts meddling deceleration that Deckard is in fact a replicant by not addressing the issue and leaving the question and answer ambiguous as hell. Thank goodness for Denis Villeneuve.

The best sci fi isn't 2001, Shawshank should have got the oscar that forest gump got (but doesnt make it the best film ever) and the best King adaptation is the remake of IT. The worst is The Dark Tower.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 20 May 2019, 3:50 pm

Tramptastic wrote:

I would pose to you that the most recent Bladerunner film is actually superior to the original in every aspect beyond Harrison Fords costume choice
I'm a Villenueve fan boy but that comment is not true.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 20 May 2019, 4:00 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:

I would pose to you that the most recent Bladerunner film is actually superior to the original in every aspect beyond Harrison Fords costume choice
I'm a Villenueve fan boy but that comment is not true.

Its undoubtedly true, the sequel is superior to the original in much the same way the godfather part II respects and improves upon the original

Its still slow, wierd, tackles interesting themes, looks filthy and dazzling in equal measure and doesn't necessarily tie up the story line perfectly (which is awesome, I don't need my sci-fi explained, i'd like to just sit and simmer nicely in it).

The original is supposed to be a neo-noir detective movie. Deckard barely does any detectoring beyond the famous "enhance" scene.

The new one actually involves detective work. Also Dave Bautista plays a serious part (albeit small) and plays it well. More serious Bautista please.

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 20 May 2019, 4:01 pm

I was so disappointed with The Dark Tower movie. The books were excellent.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 20 May 2019, 4:03 pm

Eejit wrote:I was so disappointed with The Dark Tower movie. The books were excellent.

The books were probably the most Stephen King kind of thing that Stephen King could have written (if that makes any bizarre kind of sense). I was pleased with the ending in a wonderfully masochistic kind of way.

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 20 May 2019, 4:07 pm

Arrival is my favourite Villeneuve film, absolutely brilliant. He pulled of 2049, but it falls short of the original (directors cut) for me.

Speaking of new(ish) Sci-Fi, I watched Ex Machina recently - Oscar Isaac in very creepy form.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 20 May 2019, 4:11 pm

Tramptastic wrote:
Eejit wrote:I was so disappointed with The Dark Tower movie. The books were excellent.

The books were probably the most Stephen King kind of thing that Stephen King could have written (if that makes any bizarre kind of sense). I was pleased with the ending in a wonderfully masochistic kind of way.

Oddly enough that makes complete sense.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 20 May 2019, 4:15 pm

EST wrote:Arrival is my favourite Villeneuve film, absolutely brilliant.  He pulled of 2049, but it falls short of the original (directors cut) for me.

Speaking of new(ish) Sci-Fi, I watched Ex Machina recently - Oscar Isaac in very creepy form.

Incendies is the best Villeneuve film. By some distance. Arrival is great though. He hasn't done a bad film. Even Maelstrom is very good.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Mon 20 May 2019, 4:19 pm

EST wrote:Arrival is my favourite Villeneuve film, absolutely brilliant.  He pulled of 2049, but it falls short of the original (directors cut) for me.

I'm seriously excited about his take on Dune.

Where does everyone stand on Annihilation? I liked

Any any of you read the 3 body problem? Very very good book if you like your science fiction with a foot firmly in the real(usb) world

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 20 May 2019, 4:22 pm

Tell you what, Ex-Machina is one of the best modern sci-fi's out there - Oscar Isaac is creepy, Domnhall Gleeson is creepy and Alicia Vikander is creepy. Alex Garland is one of the best sci fi writers out there atm, I think he wrote 28 days later and wrote + directed Dredd (which was fantastically violent)

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 20 May 2019, 4:23 pm

carpet baboon wrote:

I'm seriously excited about his take on Dune.

Where does everyone stand on Annihilation?  I liked

Any any of you read the 3 body problem? Very very good book if you like your science fiction with a foot firmly in the real(usb) world

Annihilation was really wierd, I thoroughly enjoyed it (mostly for the skull bear that screams)

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 20 May 2019, 4:26 pm

Annihilation was ok. Preferred Ex Machina.

Everyone seen High Life? Proper cerebral sci fi.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Mon 20 May 2019, 4:27 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:Annihilation was ok. Preferred Ex Machina.

Everyone seen High Life? Proper cerebral sci fi.

I'm hoping to go see it this week.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 20 May 2019, 4:29 pm

Ex-machina was good alright. I like the sci-fi short movies by Dust on youtube. Some good ones there. Megan Markle is in one good one.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 20 May 2019, 4:40 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:

Incendies is the best Villeneuve film. By some distance. Arrival is great though. He hasn't done a bad film. Even Maelstrom is very good.

I've been meaning to watch Incendies - will have to bump it up my list.

On a slight tangent - has anybody seen 'A Scanner Darkly'? I watched it a couple of weeks ago, it plodded along and I got a bit bored at points, but I really enjoyed the animation technique - i've never seen that used before.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 20 May 2019, 4:47 pm

EST wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

On a slight tangent - has anybody seen 'A Scanner Darkly'?  I watched it a couple of weeks ago, it plodded along and I got a bit bored at points, but I really enjoyed the animation technique - i've never seen that used before.

Yes I remember going to see it when it came out. Decent movie, excellent idea.

Hey, does anyone remember rugby union?

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 20 May 2019, 4:56 pm

Eejit wrote:
EST wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

On a slight tangent - has anybody seen 'A Scanner Darkly'?  I watched it a couple of weeks ago, it plodded along and I got a bit bored at points, but I really enjoyed the animation technique - i've never seen that used before.

Oh that thing. Linking the two topics, who do we think are the film buffs from each respective camp.....i'd say that Bob Harley likes a bit of sci-fi and can see Sam Johnson as a bit of a romcom fan (I mean, who isn't?)

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 20 May 2019, 4:58 pm

Eejit wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:

Oddly enough that makes complete sense.

The ending caused massive amounts of frustration, but I can see why he did it!

I'm never going to watch the film - madness to even attempt to fit 7 books into one film.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 May 2019, 5:42 pm

The news is out: Nigel O'wens is reffing the final. Very Happy

Does this mean that Israel Folau won't be presenting the trophy? Whistle

chin Speaking of which Glasgow are losing a top class full back and Mr Foau is on the broo. Headscratch

Nah too big a drop in quality and humanity.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 20 May 2019, 6:01 pm

EST wrote:
Eejit wrote:
EST wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Oh that thing.  Linking the two topics, who do we think are the film buffs from each respective camp.....i'd say that Bob Harley likes a bit of sci-fi and can see Sam Johnson as a bit of a romcom fan (I mean, who isn't?)

I bet Leo Cullen likes The Wind That Shakes the Barley. Run

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 20 May 2019, 6:13 pm

Eejit wrote:
EST wrote:
Eejit wrote:
EST wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Oh that thing.  Linking the two topics, who do we think are the film buffs from each respective camp.....i'd say that Bob Harley likes a bit of sci-fi and can see Sam Johnson as a bit of a romcom fan (I mean, who isn't?)

I think he’s more of A Quiet Man aficionado.

PS. The original Bladerunner soundtrack - original Vangelis or New American Orchestra version - is far superior than the mess of pottage that the new Bladerunner delivered.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 20 May 2019, 6:58 pm

Tramptastic wrote:At least no-one has mentioned the raging inferno of sectarianism for a while now...

I would pose to you that the most recent Bladerunner film is actually superior to the original in every aspect beyond Harrison Fords costume choice (whatever he woke up wearing on the first day of filming).

It also solved Ridley Scotts meddling deceleration that Deckard is in fact a replicant by not addressing the issue and leaving the question and answer ambiguous as hell. Thank goodness for Denis Villeneuve.

The best sci fi isn't 2001, Shawshank should have got the oscar that forest gump got (but doesnt make it the best film ever) and the best King adaptation is the remake of IT. The worst is The Dark Tower.

If you watch the extended version of Bladerunner then Deckard being a replicant is less ambiguous. A great movie none the less. 2049 wasn’t as good but it certainly did the franchise justice, something a lot of sequels and remakes fail to do.

The best sci-fi film might be Interstellar. The best Scottish film is a straight shootout between Trainspotting and The Acid House.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 20 May 2019, 8:21 pm

Does not sound like Glasgow are planning on reining things in next Saturday!

and why would they!

From the BBC website

Glasgow Warriors head coach Dave Rennie says his team will not be affected by "all the hype" surrounding Saturday's Pro14 final against Leinster.

Rennie has guided Glasgow Warriors to their first final in four years.

Warriors are unbeaten in their past nine league matches, and face the tournament holders at Celtic Park on Saturday.

"We're clear on what we need to do," Rennie told BBC Scotland.

"There are examples of teams that become conservative because of the prize at the end of it. We've got a plan that's worked. You can't get sucked in to all the hype and do a lot of additional stuff that creates clutter.

"We're going to make sure we have a lot of fun because that's what we've been doing all year. We're going to make sure we go out and express ourselves because that's the type of footie we've played."

Glasgow's 50-20 semi-final win over Ulster came in front of a bumper crowd at Scotstoun Stadium and Saturday's venue across the city boasts a capacity nearer 60,000.

"I've poked my nose in once to have a bit of a look but it was empty," added Rennie.

"I know what Scotstoun is like so I can only imagine it's going to be a hell of a cauldron.

"We're playing against a really good side and that makes it even more exciting for us."

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 21 May 2019, 1:32 am

BigGee wrote:Does not sound like Glasgow are planning on reining things in next Saturday!and why would they!From the BBC websiteGlasgow Warriors head coach Dave Rennie says his team will not be affected by "all the hype" surrounding Saturday's Pro14 final against Leinster.Rennie has guided Glasgow Warriors to their first final in four years.Warriors are unbeaten in their past nine league matches, and face the tournament holders at Celtic Park on Saturday."We're clear on what we need to do," Rennie told BBC Scotland."There are examples of teams that become conservative because of the prize at the end of it. We've got a plan that's worked. You can't get sucked in to all the hype and do a lot of additional stuff that creates clutter."We're going to make sure we have a lot of fun because that's what we've been doing all year. We're going to make sure we go out and express ourselves because that's the type of footie we've played."Glasgow's 50-20 semi-final win over Ulster came in front of a bumper crowd at Scotstoun Stadium and Saturday's venue across the city boasts a capacity nearer 60,000."I've poked my nose in once to have a bit of a look but it was empty," added Rennie."I know what Scotstoun is like so I can only imagine it's going to be a hell of a cauldron."We're playing against a really good side and that makes it even more exciting for us."

Glad to see Rennie is not getting sucked into all the pish and blether. Kiwis are a stoic lot and tend not to get too excited.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 May 2019, 8:25 am

Good morning gentlefolks, Very Happy

Young Pipetto has suddenly remembered, after pleading with me to get him a ticket, that he has an engagement on Friday which precludes him from travelling North Of The Wall with me. furious

So, if anyone is looking for a ticket PM me.

The good news; it's an excellent seat in the main stand.

The bad news; you'll be sitting with Bru and me.

The better news; you'll get to see the Hagia Sophia.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 21 May 2019, 8:30 am

More importantly, High Life is shallow and unconvincing: a sequence of compelling but ultimately tedious directorial flourishes. Binoche and Pattinson are excellent, but ultimately, no real idea is articulated, unlike an endless procession of expositional plot points.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 21 May 2019, 8:49 am

jimbopip wrote:Good morning gentlefolks, Very Happy

Young Pipetto has suddenly remembered, after pleading with me to get him a ticket, that he has an engagement on Friday which precludes him from travelling North Of The Wall with me. furious

Whats the hagia sofia?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 21 May 2019, 8:49 am

Don Alfonso wrote:More importantly, High Life is shallow and unconvincing: a sequence of compelling but ultimately tedious directorial flourishes. Binoche and Pattinson are excellent, but ultimately, no real idea is articulated, unlike an endless procession of expositional plot points.

You should write for Empire magazine, nice summary.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Tue 21 May 2019, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 21 May 2019, 8:50 am

Have I wandered into a Mark Kermode lecture by mistake?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 21 May 2019, 8:53 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Good morning gentlefolks, Very Happy

Whats the hagia sofia?

His wife. No resemblance to the cathedral/mosque (one giant boob in the middle of four spindly limbs), honest.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 21 May 2019, 8:59 am

Interesting thing to call your wife. Was in Hagia Sofia once, amazing place. You can still see Viking runes chiseled into the railings on the first floor.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 May 2019, 9:00 am

Are they married? I though Bru just recently proposed!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 21 May 2019, 9:05 am

RDW wrote:Are they married? I though Bru just recently proposed!

Sorry had mistaken her for Mrs Pip.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 21 May 2019, 9:06 am

Pot Hale wrote:
Eejit wrote:
EST wrote:
Eejit wrote:
EST wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

I think he’s more of A Quiet Man aficionado.  

PS. The original Bladerunner soundtrack - original Vangelis or New American Orchestra version - is far superior than the mess of pottage that the new Bladerunner delivered.

I couldn't believe that 'One More Kiss Dear' was also composed by Vangelis, feels like it's been plucked straight out of a 1920's New York jazz bar.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 21 May 2019, 9:28 am

mikey_dragon wrote: The best Scottish film is a straight shootout between Trainspotting and The Acid House.

Nah, the best Scottish film is 'Ratcatcher'. It might also be the best British film of all time.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 May 2019, 10:31 am

What the hell is going on?

I think that I've passed out and re-emerged at a Millennial Woke Arts Convention.

I need to buy some tweed and some organic quinoa before I can join this thread.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 21 May 2019, 10:45 am

I thought I had stumbled into the Edinburgh & Glasgow thread by mistake.

This should be a good game, if Glasgow can play to the standard they did on Fri they could be in with a real shout of winning this game. However, if Leinster...Leinster then Glasgow could end up strangled out the game.

Thought about going through for the match, but given Hearts play Celtic just before, the trains to and from will be rammed. Also if Celtic win the cup, I wouldn't be surprised if they congregate outside Parkhead, which will be fun for those going to game.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 21 May 2019, 10:53 am

I was going to suggest a team for Glasgow, but I really don't think there will be any change from the semi, assuming everybody is fit! I suppose a minor headache could be starting Wilson over the ginger tackle machine, but I'd prefer to have BBB on from the start and have two back-row players on the bench.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 21 May 2019, 10:57 am

I think it would be harsh to drop BBB, he’s not a flash player but works his socks off and probably gives the Glasgow back row a better balance than Wilson.

So I agree with you, and have BBB starting.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 May 2019, 11:07 am

EWT Spoons wrote:I thought I had stumbled into the Edinburgh & Glasgow thread by mistake.

This should be a good game, if Glasgow can play to the standard they did on Fri they could be in with a real shout of winning this game.  However, if Leinster...Leinster then Glasgow could end up strangled out the game.

Thought about going through for the match, but given Hearts play Celtic just before, the trains to and from will be rammed.  Also if Celtic win the cup, I wouldn't be surprised if they congregate outside Parkhead, which will be fun for those going to game.

the Scottish Cup is half 2 I think and the Glasgow game doesn't kick off until 5 - you could head to the weege at 3pm and avoid all the football fans. Hearts are pretty much guaranteed to lose too meaning they won't hang about in Glasgow - should be quiet enough in the evening after the Glasgow game.

Famous last words of course!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 May 2019, 11:20 am

LondonTiger wrote:
RDW wrote:Are they married? I though Bru just recently proposed!

Sorry had mistaken her for Mrs Pip.

Nay, nay and thrice nay. Mrs Pip is not the Hagia Sophia. Spindly limbs indeed. censored

The (real) Hagia Sophia is Turkish and stunningly beautiful. Bru's betrothed ditto.

Luvvies...stop swithering and snap up my spare ticket. Otherwise I'll set a world record by being Billy NoMates sitting next to an empty seat in a crowd of 60 000.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 21 May 2019, 12:09 pm

Just popping in to mention one of my fav film....

Local hero

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 21 May 2019, 12:58 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Don Alfonso wrote:More importantly, High Life is shallow and unconvincing: a sequence of compelling but ultimately tedious directorial flourishes. Binoche and Pattinson are excellent, but ultimately, no real idea is articulated, unlike an endless procession of expositional plot points.

You should write for Empire magazine, nice summary.

Cheers bud. An equivalent boldness of direction held together significantly better in Under The Skin. Although it had it's own issues, its more experimental sequences actually served the tone and furthered the plot.

Also, I think you'd be mad to change the line-up against Leinster. They had their own lineout issues against Munster (although nowhere near the meltdown we had), so a similar pressure might yield some points.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next