The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales Under 20s at the JRWC

+11
SecretFly
profitius
Cyril
Taylorman
mikey_dragon
Collapse2005
LondonTiger
LordDowlais
RiscaGame
Rugby Fan
maestegmafia
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wales Under 20s at the JRWC - Page 3 Empty Wales Under 20s at the JRWC

Post by maestegmafia Tue 4 Jun - 12:37

First topic message reminder :

Wales U20 Junior World Championship squad
Forwards:
Rhys Davies (Ospreys), Tom Devine (Dragons)
Dewi Lake (Ospreys – Capt), Will Griffiths (Dragons), Garin Lloyd (Ospreys)
Ben Warren (Cardiff Blues), Kemsley Mathias (Scarlets), Nick English (Bristol Bears)
Jac Price (Scarlets), Morgan Jones (Scarlets), Teddy Williams (Cardiff Blues), Ed Scragg (Dragons)
Lennon Greggains (Dragons), Jac Morgan (Scarlets/Aberavon), Tommy Reffell (Leicester Tigers), Iestyn Rees (Scarlets)

Backs
Harri Morgan (Ospreys), Dafydd Buckland (Dragons)
Cai Evans (Ospreys), Sam Costelow (Leicester Tigers)
Aneurin Owen (Dragons), Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler (Ospreys), Max Llewellyn (Cardiff Blues)
Ryan Conbeer (Scarlets), Rio Dyer (Dragons), Deon Smith (Dragons), Ioan Davies (Cardiff Blues), Tomi Lewis (Scarlets)

Wales U20 fixtures
June 4: Wales U20s v Argentina U20s (KO 5pm BST)
June 8: Wales U20s v France U20s (KO 5pm BST)
June 12: Wales U20s v Fiji U20s (5pm BST)
Knockout stages on Monday, 17 June and finals day on Saturday, 22 June, live on ITV.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu 20 Jun - 11:59; edited 5 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales Under 20s at the JRWC - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales Under 20s at the JRWC

Post by maestegmafia Mon 17 Jun - 19:00

Glad the weather has cleared up for this Aussie vs Argies game

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 17 Jun - 19:11

Well done Wales. Theres hope for you yet. Not a great NZ side this year, luckily the scouts will stay away from this side while theyre allowed to develop further. Be interesting if All Blacks result from this side eventually. Should be a couple.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 17 Jun - 19:30

Taylorman wrote:Well done Wales. Theres hope for you yet. Not a great NZ side this year, luckily the scouts will stay away from this side while theyre allowed to develop further. Be interesting if All Blacks result from this side eventually. Should be a couple.

Cheers Taylor

Not a great Welsh team either, can see a few from each team making it on the big stage but not many.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 17 Jun - 19:49

Yea a nice little pre cursor to the main event. We’ve just got four sides through to the quarters of SRugby with some huge wins over two hopeful oz sides, so the development route through there should get the best of those from this side.
Weather sounded terrible and although I haven’t caught any of the matches does seem
Our boys had high error rates with handling, every commentary seeming to say NZ knock on... endlessly. That suggests skill levels under pressure haven’t been fully developed yet, something that will come later if they’re to succeed. Mitre 10 and S Rugby will hone those skills but key is they get to play there.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 17 Jun - 20:11

Taylorman wrote:Yea a nice little pre cursor to the main event. We’ve just got four sides through to the quarters of SRugby with some huge wins over two hopeful oz sides, so the development route through there should get the best of those from this side.
Weather sounded terrible and although I haven’t caught any of the matches does seem
Our boys had high error rates with handling, every commentary seeming to say NZ knock on... endlessly. That suggests skill levels under pressure haven’t been fully developed yet, something that will come later if they’re to succeed. Mitre 10 and S Rugby will hone those skills but key is they get to play there.

The game was called off four an hour after 28mins because of a huge thunderstorm. It was only the last 20 mins where the boys could throw the ball around and at that point the ABs looked very good.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 17 Jun - 20:29

Ummm, how? This Wales team isn’t great...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 17 Jun - 20:58

mikey_dragon wrote:Ummm, how? This Wales team isn’t great...

It wasn’t a great game, weather was appalling, but Wales did really well at the breakdown, Tommy Reffell and Dewi Lake got a good number of turnovers.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 17 Jun - 21:36

TBH it has been a weird tournament.

France are in the final, yet they lost to Argentina who lost to Wales.
Australia are the other finalists yet lost to England who lost to Ireland.

Wales and England now face off for 5th, yet whoever wins will have the same number of wins as the champions.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 17 Jun - 21:58

Next game is Saturday I presume?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 17 Jun - 22:24

LondonTiger wrote:TBH it has been a weird tournament.

France are in the final, yet they lost to Argentina who lost to Wales.
Australia are the other finalists yet lost to England who lost to Ireland.

Wales and England now face off for 5th, yet whoever wins will have the same number of wins as the champions.

It's just a way of giving this grade playtime. I don't think the structure would be tolerated at a higher level.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 17 Jun - 23:12

Maybe the top 6 are a little evenly matched then. Argentina were well up for that game against France and les bleus got demolished. Surprised at SA not winning today.

Maes, we have two open-sides playing and we usually have good players in that position - Reffell being one of them. The last time we beat the Baby Blacks it was also an attritional game played in poor weather...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 17 Jun - 23:33

mikey_dragon wrote:Maes, we have two open-sides playing and we usually have good players in that position - Reffell being one of them. The last time we beat the Baby Blacks it was also an attritional game played in poor weather...

I remember, when the weather improved at the end of the match the ABs got back into the game and looked dangerous, but wales seemed to be able to snaffle that ball back and keep us in there. Didn’t have the scrum power that we had with Lee as tighthead last time, it was a good performance

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Tue 18 Jun - 8:34

SecretFly wrote:It's just a way of giving this grade playtime.  I don't think the structure would be tolerated at a higher level.
It's going to be fun next year. There are three pools, and seeding is based on finishing positions at this tournament. New Zealand have never finished worse than 5th, so have always been one of the first or second seeds in a pool. Not so in 2020.

Australia and France will be top seeds along with the winner of Argentina vs SA

Second seeds will be the loser of ARG vs SA, along with Wales and England

Third seeds will be Ireland, New Zealand and the winner of Italy vs Georgia

Can't remember if there's a draw for the pools but, if there is you could easily have one pool with England, Australia & NZ. Another could have France, Ireland & SA (depending on results)

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 19 Jun - 10:58

The AB forward who escaped red against Wales has predictably been cited:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/113600459/red-card-offence-nz-forward-samipeni-finau-cited-for-high-tackle-against-wales

Why don't refs just give them reds for obvious reds during the game like every other team? Its a joke at this stage.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 19 Jun - 11:27

Collapse2005 wrote:The AB forward who escaped red against Wales has predictably been cited:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/113600459/red-card-offence-nz-forward-samipeni-finau-cited-for-high-tackle-against-wales

Why don't refs just give them reds for obvious reds during the game like every other team? Its a joke at this stage.

At the time the ref said the player ducking/slipping was what caused the shoulder tackle to the head and therefor only gave a yellow.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 19 Jun - 11:34

Yes I watched it live. Everyone "ducks" when they land after catching a high ball so it was careless from the Kiwi. If you shoulder someone in the head it is usually a red. This incident was worse than some of the other reds shown in the tournament.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 19 Jun - 14:31

There’s always inconsistency with this stuff every year at the JWC. Yeah it’s a little annoying to see it go against your team where as another team gets off lightly in another match being played on the same day. What’s worse than all this is the fact Ben O’Keefe is going to be reffing at the 2019 World Cup, I really hope Wales dodge him, particularly when playing Aus.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 19 Jun - 20:51

Yes I'm not sure whether the issue here was the red itself, or the fact that it was NZ. Difficult to read 'between the lines' Laugh

The world cup is going to be plagued with refs decisions. In the end its really going to be the one who manages to avoid/ cope/ get away with etc etc the most. having a good rugby team to take the ref out of the equation is one sure way of doing that.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 19 Jun - 21:29

Taylorman wrote:Yes I'm not sure whether the issue here was the red itself, or the fact that it was NZ. Difficult to read 'between the lines' Laugh

The world cup is going to be plagued with refs decisions. In the end its really going to be the one who manages to avoid/ cope/ get away with etc etc the most. having a good rugby team to take the ref out of the equation is one sure way of doing that.

I don’t disagree, unfortunately when the weather is poor and even the best teams can’t play great rugby the ref is a bigger factor.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 19 Jun - 21:37

maestegmafia wrote:
Taylorman wrote:Yes I'm not sure whether the issue here was the red itself, or the fact that it was NZ. Difficult to read 'between the lines' Laugh

I don’t disagree, unfortunately when the weather is poor and even the best teams can’t play great rugby the ref is a bigger factor.

I don't think the weather will play a big part in the World cup. Mind you. Would have said the same about Argentina with the U20's.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 19 Jun - 22:12

Taylorman wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

I don't think the weather will play a big part in the World cup. Mind you. Would have said the same about Argentina with the U20's.

I did a fair few years working with an office in Tokyo, from memory the end of September and October can be pretty wet once the humidity has gone.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 19 Jun - 22:53

I have been in Japan in September/Oct. It was low 20s. Not much rain not too hot. Nice weather.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 19 Jun - 23:23

Collapse2005 wrote:The AB forward who escaped red against Wales has predictably been cited:

pretty clear red

if as tackler, you put your own head down and charge in, when you make contact with the other players head with your shoulder you are going to get given a red (if only after citing after refs bottle it)

the fact the ball carrier drops his weight to ready himself for the tackle matters not a bit. tackler has the duty of care. its in the laws now.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun - 9:57

Not being a red card is as surprising as Owen Farrell not being given yellow and red cards for his string of no-arm tackles to the head of opposing players. It truly beggars belief.

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 20 Jun - 10:47

Missed those. You got links?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun - 10:58

Don’t you watch your own team play 7.5? I’ll run you through it. Owen Farrell, he has a nasty habit of tackling without arms and he doesn’t even get sanctioned. It’s crazy. His tackles are kind of like that tackle that SBW did on that Lions player and got sent off for by one of those bent French referees a couple years ago. Does that jog your memory?

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 20 Jun - 11:03

Yeah I watch the games. From my request then I assume you don't have the links/they don't exist.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 20 Jun - 11:05

quinsforever wrote:

pretty clear red

if as tackler, you put your own head down and charge in, when you make contact with the other players head with your shoulder you are going to get given a red (if only after citing after refs bottle it)

the fact the ball carrier drops his weight to ready himself for the tackle matters not a bit. tackler has the duty of care. its in the laws now.

Agreed. The more annoying thing is that Ireland and Australia got reds for similar if not possibly less serious incidents and twice NZ weren't penalised for similar tackles. The one v SA was a penalty only and the one v Wales a yellow. It makes no sense at all. The high hit was from Finau in both games.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 20 Jun - 11:24

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/watch-new-zealand-u20s-dangerous-tackle-1/

the other Finau incident is shown in the below article in which he connects with the SA scrum halves head with a late tackle using his shoulder.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2019/06/13/world-rugbys-high-tackle-framework-poised-flurry-cards-rugby/

the article compares this tackle to all other reds in the tournament and highlights how ridiculous the decision was. This was before the awful tackle in the Wales game.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 21 Jun - 9:41

“The committee decided Finau was in breach of Law 9.13 and ruled it was a mid-range offence, carrying an entry point of six weeks. This was reduced to four due to the player's previous clean record, youth and inexperience.”

I don’t like that last line. Technically he doesn’t have a previous clean record and I don’t see youth and inexperience as an excuse either.

Of course none of this helps Wales, but at least this poor decision didn’t affect the result. Hopefully the referee was spoken to as well.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 9:45

Hopefully we see a team for the final match out today.. missing some good players. Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler is out of contention with a match ban for a high tackle cited post match

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 21 Jun - 9:49

He shouldered the SA scrum half in the face in the previous game too and the ref said it was only a penalty because he didn't have a great view because someone elses' shadow was in the way. picard

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 21 Jun - 9:54

ebop wrote:Not being a red card is as surprising as Owen Farrell not being given yellow and red cards for his string of no-arm tackles to the head of opposing players. It truly beggars belief.
Did you not hear that World Rugby introduced new dangerous tackle guidelines only a few weeks ago? That's the reason Samipeni Finau should have seen red. The disciplinary panel appears to agree, since they handed him a four week ban.

No-arms tackles aren't automatically reds. Liam Squire just got a yellow card for his in the match against the Crusaders (and it looks like his absence has proved the turning point in what had looked like a close contest).

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun - 11:56

Not debating the sanction for Finau but rather the way Farrell has an open cheque book to shoulder charge players in the head without a single peep of whistle. It’s really strange how some players get away with things and some don’t.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 12:11

ebop wrote:Not debating the sanction for Finau but rather the way Farrell has an open cheque book to shoulder charge players in the head without a single peep of whistle. It’s really strange how some players get away with things and some don’t.

That has been well documented elsewhere, I don’t think it needs to be brought up on this thread. It doesn’t really relate to Welsh Under 20s Rugby though so maybe start another thread, raise questions about it on a current relevant thread or wait and see what happens if he does it again..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 21 Jun - 12:12

To be fair Farrell's shoulder charges were to the chest rather than to the head. Sam Canes shoulder charge to Robbie Henshaws head on the other hand in 2016. That should have been a straight red and a ban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQSpT6igORU

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 12:32

Collapse2005 wrote:To be fair Farrell's shoulder charges were to the chest rather than to the head. Sam Canes shoulder charge to Robbie Henshaws head on the other hand in 2016. That should have been a straight red and a ban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQSpT6igORU

Hey Collapse

Let’s not hijack the thread, want to discuss shoulder charges start a different thread please...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 21 Jun - 12:44

Wales play England next right? I suspect England might edge that one. Good enough Wales side though. Under 20s six nations was strong this year.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 12:50

Collapse2005 wrote:Wales play England next right? I suspect England might edge that one. Good enough Wales side though. Under 20s six nations was strong this year.

It was a narrow Welsh victory in the U20 Six Nations, both teams in good form, Wales suffering a bit at the end of this tournament through injuries to star players. This factor may be enough for England’s U20s this time round. If we get more injuries during the game, especially at halfback and centre we are really going to struggle.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 21 Jun - 12:55

Ah fair enough. Hard to compete with England as tournaments rubble on and depth tested as Ireland found out.

Think Wales should have put NZ away a bit earlier in the game last Saturday. Think this England side is a better team than NZs so Wales will need another gear.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 21 Jun - 14:57

Wales U20s: Ioan Davies (Cardiff Blues), Tomi Lewis (Scarlets), Deon Smith (Dragons), Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler (Ospreys), Ryan Conbeer (Scarlets), Cai Evans (Ospreys), Harri Morgan (Ospreys); Rhys Davies (Ospreys), Dewi Lake (captain – Ospreys), Nick English (Bristol Bears), Ed Scragg (Dragons), Jac Price (Scarlets), Iestyn Rees (Scarlets), Tommy Reffell (Leicester Tigers), Jac Morgan (Aberavon/Scarlets)

Reserves: Garin Lloyd (Ospreys), Kemsley Mathias (Scarlets), Ben Warren (Cardiff Blues), Morgan Jones (Scarlets), Lennon Greggains (Dragons), Dafydd Buckland (Dragons), Rio Dyer (Dragons), Tom Hoppe (Dragons), Teddy Williams (Blues), Tom Devine (Dragons), Ioan R Davies (Cardiff Blues), Will Griffiths (Dragons).

Tom Hoppe (centre) hopefully becomes another Dragons player to play at the WC.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 16:18

That’s good news I thought Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler was out? Good news he’s not he is in great form.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 16:31

WRU Website wrote:An injury to Max Llewellyn sees Deon Smith move in to the centre alongside Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler with Tomi Lewis moving to the wing while Harri Morgan starts at half-back in front of Dafydd Buckland.

Rhys Davies and Nick English replace Kemsley Mathias and Ben Warren in the front row respectively while Ed Scragg comes in for Morgan Jones in the second row. Iestyn Rees has been rewarded with his fine form with a starting berth at blindside flanker ahead of Lennon Greggains.

“We have rotated the squad quite effectively over the tournament, some of it has been forced on us because of injuries, but we are comfortable in changing our combinations,” explained Williams.

“We’ve got Harri Morgan coming back in, he picked up a virus after the first game so he has been building back up and it’s quite unfortunate for Dafydd Buckland who has been amazing in the last three games. He was deservedly awarded the players’ player award in the last game against New Zealand and that’s a great credit to him. We are fortunate to half two quality halfbacks in the squad.”

Wales have also been boosted with the news Thomas-Wheeler will take his place in the midfield, after his one match suspension under the High Risk Contact Technique Warning trial in operation at the World Rugby U20 Championship, was over-turned.

“We went through the appeals process and it’s great Tiaan is on the park,” said Williams. He will go on to the Ospreys and will be a fantastic player for them moving into next season so hopefully he can sign off with us on a positive note.

“I can’t wait for the game against England. Winning games is our goal but we obviously balance the development aspect of things as well but beating New Zealand is a massive part of these players development.

“The performance was far from perfect but the result was huge for this group of players. Every time you take the field for Wales winning is a goal of ours and hopefully we will continue that but we know the type of quality England bring.

“They possess individuals who are very effective so we are really excited about the challenge ahead.”

U20 World Rugby Championship 5th Place final

At the Racecourse Stadium, Rosario
. Where we played our last game, hopefully the weather is not so dramatic.

Saturday 22 June, KO 2.30pm UK on S4C program starts at 14:15

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 16:35

RFU Website wrote:England men U20s head coach Steve Bates has made three changes to his side to face Wales in their fifth-place play off at the World Rugby U20 Championship on Saturday in Rosario, Argentina (KO, 2.30PM BST, live on S4C/World Rugby platforms).

James Kenny is named at loosehead prop while Tom Willis comes in at number eight and in the backline Luke James is picked at inside centre.

Fraser Dingwall will again captain the side in England’s final match of the Championship.

Despite pool victories over Italy and Australia, England didn’t progress to the top four of the Championship, having lost their opening game against Ireland.

Bates' side were instead left to compete for fifth place, later defeating Ireland in the semi-final to set up a clash with Wales.

England are without injured Arron Reed (Sale Sharks) and Josh Basham (Newcastle Falcons), while Alfie Barbeary (Wasps Rugby) as well as Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks) miss out through suspension.

“This match is extremely important for us as a team," said Bates.

"For personal pride and making sure we finish the tournament in a positive way. As a group this is our last as a team, so it’s an opportunity to finish on a high, having won four out of five fixtures. The team will be excited to play against a very good Wales team.

“For the majority of the players this will be their final game in the pathway. I hope they’ve all enjoyed the experience. They have all bonded as a group I hope they will remember this experience very fondly and finish with a positive win against Wales.”

England U20s v Wales U20s

15. Tom de Glanville (Bath Rugby)

14. Ollie Sleightholme (Northampton Saints)

13. Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints) - captain

12. Luke James (Sale Sharks)

11. Josh Hodge (Newcastle Falcons)

10. Manu Vunipola (Saracens)

9. Sam Maunder (Exeter Chiefs)

1. James Kenny (Exeter Chiefs)

2. Will Capon (Bristol Bears)

3. Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers)

4. Joel Kpoku (Saracens)

5. Alex Coles (Northampton Saints)

6. Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors)

7. Aaron Hinkley (Gloucester Rugby)

8. Tom Willis (Wasps Rugby)

Replacements

16. Nic Dolly (Sale Sharks)

17. Olly Adkins (Gloucester Rugby)

18. Alfie Petch (Exeter Chiefs)

19. Kai Owen (Worcester Warriors)

20. Rusiate Tuima (Exeter Chiefs)

21. Richard Capstick (Exeter Chiefs)

22. Ollie Fox (Yorkshire Carnegie)

23. Tom Seabrook (Gloucester Rugby)

24. Ollie Hassell-Collins (London Irish)

25. Connor Doherty (Sale Sharks)

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 18:57

www.planetrugby.com wrote:WORLD RUGBY U20 CHAMPIONSHIP

After winning the 2018 tournament on home soil, France will be hoping to repeat that feat when they go head-to-head with Australia in this year’s final at the Racecourse Stadium in Rosario.

Wales and England as well as Argentina and South Africa will also do battle at that venue and the other games will take place at the Old Resians Club in Santa Fe.

France vs Australia: Australia by 6
Argentina vs South Africa: South Africa by 4
Wales vs England: England by 5
Italy v Georgia: Italy by 7
Ireland v New Zealand: New Zealand by 8
Scotland v Fiji: Scotland by 3

That would leave the result as follows:-

Australia
France
South Africa
Argentina
England
Wales
New Zealand
Ireland
Italy
Georgia
Scotland
Fiji

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 21 Jun - 19:42

maestegmafia wrote:That’s good news I thought Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler was out? Good news he’s not he is in great form.

Yeah, so did I. I got that from the Argus and they were wrong for the French game (I think) in that they named Dyer as starting, and it was Lewis.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 19:46

RiscaGame wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:That’s good news I thought Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler was out? Good news he’s not he is in great form.

Yeah, so did I. I got that from the Argus and they were wrong for the French game (I think) in that they named Dyer as starting, and it was Lewis.

I read some rather convoluted piece earlier on trying to explain the reason and it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 21 Jun - 19:51

Wales have also been boosted with the news Thomas-Wheeler will take his place in the midfield, after his one match suspension under the High Risk Contact Technique Warning trial in operation at the World Rugby U20 Championship, was over-turned.

From the WRU release. Good news.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun - 20:57

maestegmafia wrote:
RFU Website wrote:

4. Joel Kpoku (Saracens)

Replacements

Some famous English surnames in there from the past - Sleightholme, De Granville, Hill. And some names from the present - Vunipola. Any relation???

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Jun - 21:18

The Oracle wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
RFU Website wrote:

4. Joel Kpoku (Saracens)

Replacements

Some famous English surnames in there from the past - Sleightholme, De Granville, Hill. And some names from the present - Vunipola. Any relation???

Cousin apparently

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next