The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+3
James100
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS YORKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 29 Jun 2019, 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a squad of 13 for this week’s Specsavers County Championship match with Yorkshire, starting at Scarborough on Sunday.
Of the professional squad, ten are unavailable for selection in this match. Yikes Club captain Rory Burns has not been included in the squad having been unwell over the last 48 hours. Rolling Eyes Ben Foakes will lead the side.
On the plus side Matt dunn has recovered from his ankle injury Very Happy
Yet again there is still no update on Virdi Headscratch
FULL SQUAD
Ben Foakes (c)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Sam Curran
Matt Dunn
Dean Elgar
Will Jacks
Morne Morkel
Ryan Patel
Jamie Smith
Mark Stoneman
Jacks and Clark to miss out possibly, it would be very harsh on Dunn to miss out.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by thegooch7 Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:08 pm

Fair play to these 2, Clark 0 off 44 so far is showing tremendous application, as is young Smith at the other end, 84 balls to go!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:21 pm

10 overs left Fingers Crossed 2 wkts left

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:23 pm

RUN OUT!!! FFS

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:24 pm

mad mad mad mad mad mad furious furious furious furious furious furious furious

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:48 pm

4 overs to survive Yikes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:50 pm

This is unbearable

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:53 pm

New ball taken

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:55 pm

FFS LOST with 10 balls left mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:59 pm

Disaster, 10 balls from a draw😠
BUT, what a fabulous advert for county cricket, that stoic defensive knock by Jamie will stand him in good stead, just a pity a couple of others couldn't follow suit

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 03 Jul 2019, 6:38 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Disaster, 10 balls from a draw😠
BUT, what a fabulous advert for county cricket, that stoic defensive knock by Jamie will stand him in good stead, just a pity a couple of others couldn't follow suit

Totally with you again, Goochie.

I watched the last dozen overs or so on the stream - the only chance I got to see any of this match. We had 3 wickets left when I joined it - Morkel's run out was plain daft. It seemed entirely his fault. For all his youth, Smith was the senior batsmen and playing well. It was ludicrous for Morkel to set off for a single which would have taken Smith off strike on the first ball of the over. Morkel then made things potentially worse by remonstrating with Smith. To Smith's credit, he seemed unruffled and continued to play calmly and patiently. It would have been great for Smith if we could have got away with the draw but there were probably too many Surrey failings - besides Morkel's - over the 4 days.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 03 Jul 2019, 9:12 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
thegooch7 wrote:Disaster, 10 balls from a draw😠

Totally with you again, Goochie.

I watched the last dozen overs or so on the stream - the only chance I got to see any of this match. We had 3 wickets left when I joined it - Morkel's run out was plain daft. It seemed entirely his fault. For all his youth, Smith was the senior batsmen and playing well. It was ludicrous for Morkel to set off for a single which would have taken Smith off strike on the first ball of the over. Morkel then made things potentially worse by remonstrating with Smith. To Smith's credit, he seemed unruffled and continued to play calmly and patiently. It would have been great for Smith if we could have got away with the draw but there were probably too many Surrey failings - besides Morkel's - over the 4 days.

I only kept up by text guildford, thanks for clearing that run out up, I couldn't believe it, Smith facing the first ball of the over...why would they want a single for the number 10 to face the rest of the over?! I must admit, I expected a defeat last night, even more so after the first half hour, was optimistic we wouldn't lose at lunch, even contemplating a victory 2 overs before tea, but then the usual Surrey performance extinguished any hope of that! At least only one team gets relegated this season, fingers crossed it's not us and we can keep that healthy cushion between us and Notts, and get our injured players up and running!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 04 Jul 2019, 7:43 am

Unfortunately that loss is squarely on that collapse pre-tea from the middle order - ultimately gave the lower order a mountain to climb, and whilst Smith and Clark resisted as best they could, it was always going to be a bit too much I think. The Morkel run out was plain daft, but quite apt as a representation of how this first class summer has gone for Surrey.

Bring on the t20's
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 05 Jul 2019, 8:53 am

The other thing that worked very much in Yorkshire's favour was the late order runs. The last two wickets added over 140 runs in the two innings. Now usually this will be due to tailenders hanging in alongside a batter - but its was 9,10,11 in both innings at the crease.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2