The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

+39
No9
maestegmafia
LondonTiger
majesticimperialman
eirebilly
TightHEAD
Big
Shifty
alanmackie6
Gooseberry
Soul Requiem
ebop
lauriehow
Brendan
Geordie
Rinsure
bsando
englishborn
Afro
Rugby Fan
mikey_dragon
No 7&1/2
Dolphin Ziggler
BigGee
Duty281
BigTrevsbigmac
LeinsterFan4life
kingelderfield
Noble-Surfer
BamBam
Pal Joey
Taylorman
SecretFly
Old Man
Pie
robbo277
rodders
lostinwales
RiscaGame
43 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 6 Empty Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by LondonTiger Mon 09 Sep 2019, 2:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

TeamPlayedWonDrawnLostTriesPFPA+/-BPPoints
Wales2200872393319
Australia2101964501426
Georgia210174750-315
Uruguay210143760-2304
Fiji200274869-1122

Australia 39 - 21 Fiji  
Wales 43-14 Georgia
Fiji 27-30 Uruguay        
Georgia 33-7 Uruguay                  
Australia 25-29 Wales                    

3 October 2019         Georgia v Fiji                           Hanazono Rugby Stadium, Higashiosaka
5 October 2019         Australia v Uruguay                  Oita Stadium, Ōita
9 October 2019         Wales v Fiji                              Oita Stadium, Ōita
11 October 2019       Australia v Georgia                   Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa, Fukuroi
13 October 2019       Wales v Uruguay                      Kumamoto Stadium, Kumamoto

Last edited by LondonTiger on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 9:42 am; edited 4 times in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 6 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 29 Sep 2019, 12:43 pm

Australia's problem's began with starting Foley and Genia. Both would of been better coming on from the bench.

Still a good win for Wales looked out on their feet in the dying minutes of the game. But they did enough to keep in front and pull off a great well deserved win today.

Well done.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 6 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 29 Sep 2019, 12:53 pm

When Biggar wen't off for a head injury i thought Wales would struggle with the goal kicks, But they lost nothing in that regard Patchel did a good job in replacing Biggar.

Any one know if Biggar will be all right for the next game? Or if he is ruled out who will take his place who is 3rd choice flyhalf?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:03 pm

Jarrod Evans is the next in line and is with the squad. He’s inexperienced at this level but has been doing well with the Blues. We’ve used Hadleigh Parker before as a back up fly half. But I’d prefer not to do that again.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:06 pm

The Oracle wrote:Jarrod Evans is the next in line and is with the squad. He’s inexperienced at this level but has been doing well with the Blues. We’ve used Hadleigh Parker before as a back up fly half. But I’d prefer not to do that again.

I did not realise Evans was in the squad Thought they had just gone with two 10s

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:07 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Jarrod Evans is the next in line and is with the squad. He’s inexperienced at this level but has been doing well with the Blues. We’ve used Hadleigh Parker before as a back up fly half. But I’d prefer not to do that again.

I did not realise Evans was in the squad Thought they had just gone with two 10s

He is not in Japan as a squad member I think he might be there as a tackle bag, kit man role.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:10 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

He is not in Japan as a squad member I think he might be there as a tackle bag, kit man role.
Stretching the rules a bit if a non playing role has been found for him to enable contact with the squad?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:11 pm

Oops, sorry I thought he’d made the cut. My bad. He might not be there then. In which case we either need to call him up or consider who the dickens can play back up 10 if Biggar needs to miss a few games. I wouldn’t want any of the current squad (apart from Patchell) filling in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:44 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:AWJ and Tips for me are guys that need rest. They should be benched for Fiji at least, then left out of the 23 for Uruguay.

Is it too soon to mention Aaron Wainwrights and world class in the same sentence? Wink

Not sure if you were involved, but certainly your fellow Welsh fans were saying he does not look quite ready for this level in the run up to the game.

He did ok. Bit of Dragons bias there. Thought Navidi was significantly better from a defensive perspetive, spoiled Pocock and Hooper all day long, but Wainwright played really well. Heads up stuff was pleasing, reading the defence, and going through space with a step to offset the fact he coldn't make 5 yards going through them.

Right to take him off when he did. Shame Moriarty didn't have a fair shot - straight in to defendng on his tryline, and afte that it was just consolidate the narrow lead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:46 pm

BigGee wrote:Very good win by Wales, considering the tide had turned and they looked out on their feet with 20 to go.

Thd bench gave them a second wind and got them over the line.

How does Dsvies keep getting away with these intercepts? Do sides not look at his highlights reel?

Great plays though and he would have put the match to bed if he had held on to the second one.

Wales in prime spot to top thst group now

Deceptive pace, he times/picks when he blitzes really well, the 9 is in the rhythm of thinking about the next few phases and setting up the attack to come, not watching a 3rd/4th defender and seeing if he will intercept his long pass. Great tactic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:51 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Australia's problem's began with starting Foley and Genia. Both would of been better coming on from the bench.

Still a good win for Wales looked out on their feet in the dying minutes of the game. But they did enough to keep in front and pull off a great well deserved win today.

Well done.

Disagree. This is what the yanks call Monday morning quarterbacking, or something. Basically hindsight is 20:20. If Toomua starts and has a shocker, you bring Foley on - no way he does what Matt T did second half. He was the spark for the Wallabies and helped string things together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:53 pm

The Oracle wrote:Oops, sorry I thought he’d made the cut. My bad. He might not be there then. In which case we either need to call him up or consider who the dickens can play back up 10 if Biggar needs to miss a few games. I wouldn’t want any of the current squad (apart from Patchell) filling in.

Yeah he's not in the team.

Thinking realistically, it's not out of the question for Parkes to play 10 if he weren't the starting 12. In which case, I think he'll start Patchell if Biggar's not fit, put Biggar on the bench if fit/not if injured, and make do with Halfpenny covering #10. Or maybe one of the 9s. One of the issues of not having a Slade character in the team who can fill in at 10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:13 pm

So, Wales have won - great, I really enjoyed it. As an England fan I'm glad that IF we can win the group we won't be facing Wales as the 'prize'. Could lose to either, but I'd be more confident playing against Australia.
Obviously, if we don't win the group we either won't be in the quarters at all or won't deserve to get beyond them regardless of who we face.

Back to this group though - my query, is what do people think will happen next?

I can't really see Fiji or Uruguay beating Wales (probably shouldn't say that, but I think it's fair - Wales are better and thanks to the 7s focus Fiji are less threatening than when that upset happened previously). So I think it's safe to say they will top the group, and should be confident of a good run beyond.

What about Australia though? Uruguay should be a win for them, though they are playing above their ranking and are a joy to watch - they are just too far behind. Georgia could be a problem though. Australia are big favourites, but Georgia are playing some good rugby. Not near the attacking prowess of Australia - but from what I can see a good disciplined defence, combined with a really strong set piece and maul. If Australia had won this game I'd have said Georgia stand no realistic chance, but if the pressure of the situation gets to Aussie heads and they panic, maybe just maybe we could see another giant slaying. Having watched Wales against both, do you think that's credible or wishful thinking on my part?

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:22 pm

Australia have Georgia and Uruguay, England have Australia and France.

Based on that second half - and what fair fans always accept the Wallabies bring - I'd be worried about playing Oz. More worried than having to play Wales, in my opinion, as they're more of a threat. If England play fast and loose with the kicking game, and Oz decide to run it, they should score tries, and as we saw today - and from England for the last 4 years - it could easily end up being England trying to hold out a Wallabies comeback after a strong English first quarter.

Georgia performed well today. As did Uruguay in all fairness. Georgia still look some way off tier 1 though.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:28 pm

miaow wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:AWJ and Tips for me are guys that need rest. They should be benched for Fiji at least, then left out of the 23 for Uruguay.

Is it too soon to mention Aaron Wainwrights and world class in the same sentence? Wink

Not sure if you were involved, but certainly your fellow Welsh fans were saying he does not look quite ready for this level in the run up to the game.

He did ok. Bit of Dragons bias there. Thought Navidi was significantly better from a defensive perspetive, spoiled Pocock and Hooper all day long, but Wainwright played really well. Heads up stuff was pleasing, reading the defence, and going through space with a step to offset the fact he coldn't make 5 yards going through them.

Right to take him off when he did. Shame Moriarty didn't have a fair shot - straight in to defendng on his tryline, and afte that it was just consolidate the narrow lead.

Just kidding. Wainwright and Navidi were very good. Wainwright was hooked at the right time as he started to miss tackles, so he's probably not ready to play a full 80 in these sort of games but he is close. This guy took up playing rugby over 3 years ago, so once he gets more experience and exposure he could become world class I guess. Pocock and Hooper were pretty good, tough opposition. The Aus 8 and the replacement flanker were also quite a handful. I'd like to see Shingler back at 6 in the next game. Fiji are no mugs so it's another opportunity for him to stake a claim for that jersey.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm

Big wrote:Having watched Wales against both, do you think that's credible or wishful thinking on my part?

It sounds reasonable if Aus make about 10 changes, which for Georgia they probably won't.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:38 pm

miaow wrote:
Disagree. This is what the yanks call Monday morning quarterbacking, or something. Basically hindsight is 20:20. If Toomua starts and has a shocker, you bring Foley on - no way he does what Matt T did second half. He was the spark for the Wallabies and helped string things together.

Yes I agree and it’s a tactic we have been running with for a while with Dan Biggar and Anscombe, now likely to see Patches start the next two games, hopefully with Biggs coming on to close out the last twenty.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:41 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Big wrote:Having watched Wales against both, do you think that's credible or wishful thinking on my part?

It sounds reasonable if Aus make about 10 changes, which for Georgia they probably won't.

Georgia look good at the muscle stuff but little else, I think after watching today’s game Australia have a better scrum than Georgia..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:43 pm

Yep, take Georgia's scrum away and they're not up to much. Oz will play it looser than Wales did against them. Expect a bigger winning margin.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:47 pm

miaow wrote:Yep, take Georgia's scrum away and they're not up to much. Oz will play it looser than Wales did against them. Expect a bigger winning margin.

Possibly...

Georgia can drag teams into a tactical battle and a front five arm wrestle...! if they can do that then the Aussie will struggle to run tries.

But I was very impressed with Aussies front five today, possibly one of the best set piece teams at the tournament

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 29 Sep 2019, 3:21 pm

Australia left it too late to get going...but the expectation of losing if you don't throw caution to the wind can sometimes just allow the nerves to settle.  They looked quite beautiful actually when the legs stretched and they manoeuvred snakelike to get space...but also they looked quite beautiful at the rugged dirty stuff on the ground, growling for a try.  If they can pump both up now, they'll be a handful.

Wales will be delighted they got over the line when earlier it looked like it might have been a very embarrassing night for the Aussies.  Yet the turn around and dash to take on the game..... that's gotta put a spring in the step of Australia in terms of confidence for games ahead.  They won't rejoice in a loss of course, but it was quite a comeback against a very sharp, on-point Wales.

But the bloody Toomua kick for three points when the corner would have been better with the mood they were then in?  Even then, I thought you're going to regret that opportunity, mates.  Those choices can take the energy right out, and I think that's what happened.  Australia took a little breath after going to 25, and Wales took the opportunity to reestablish authority.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 29 Sep 2019, 3:37 pm

miaow wrote:Yep, take Georgia's scrum away and they're not up to much. Oz will play it looser than Wales did against them. Expect a bigger winning margin.

I thought Georgia offered quite a lot more than just a scrum this morning, with the 9 looking really sharp. Uruguay though were suffering from their exertions v Fiji.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 29 Sep 2019, 3:43 pm

Did Christian make the squad? Personally I thought he was better than both, whilst Toomua is a bit of a utility albeit a good one.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 29 Sep 2019, 3:44 pm

The reaction I've cottoned onto from some Aussies is poor, they need to stop watching Fox Sport down under.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 29 Sep 2019, 3:47 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Did Christian make the squad? Personally I thought he was better than both, whilst Toomua is a bit of a utility albeit a good one.

Lealiifano started against Fiji, with Toomua on the bench. Cheika wanted something different against Wales, perhaps harking back to 2015, but Foley was poor.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 29 Sep 2019, 3:50 pm

Foley was clearly No.1 early in his career but he isn't that guy any more, hasn't been for 2 years. He should probably go join a Japanese club whilst he's still got a bit of bargaining power.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Sep 2019, 3:56 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

I thought Georgia offered quite a lot more than just a scrum this morning, with the 9 looking really sharp. Uruguay though were suffering from their exertions v Fiji.

We need to stop the four day turnaround.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 29 Sep 2019, 4:03 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

We need to stop the four day turnaround.
Only way to do that is either by putting less teams in each group, or making the world cup longer. The issue is caused by having an odd number of teams in a pool. The smaller sides who are the ones most likely to be affected by 4 day turnarounds (noting England as the first of the bigger teams to have one did just fine) are also the ones unable to cope with funding more time away.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 29 Sep 2019, 4:08 pm

Oh and Cheika is being a dick again. Moaning about Patchell making a tackle similar to Hodge and Kerevi merely defending himself!!!!!! Kerevi was lucky not to get a YC. 

Biggar's challenge that led to his concussion was much more like Hodge, while I have no idea how Hooper avoided a card which imo should have been red.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 29 Sep 2019, 4:17 pm

You're not going to please everyone with the laws I guess. Thought Hooper's could have been a YC, but was happy enough with just a penalty.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Sep 2019, 5:17 pm

I must admit I didn’t realise that the arm head law applied to an attacking player too but I guess it has too.

No reason why Kerevi had to use the Elbow to the face when a simple hand off or side step would do just fine.

The Hooper incident encouraged the Aussie mate I was watching with to be reminded how few cards Richie McCaw earned as captain.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 5:18 pm

SecretFly wrote:But the bloody Toomua kick for three points when the corner would have been better with the mood they were then in?  Even then, I thought you're going to regret that opportunity, mates.  Those choices can take the energy right out, and I think that's what happened.  Australia took a little breath after going to 25, and Wales took the opportunity to reestablish authority.

Totally agree.

Th whole comeback was staked on Australian blydi mindedness. Sheer dog and desire to win. Their captain gloating in the face of Navidi having scored a 1 yard worldie. Niggle, off the ball stuff, constant sledging. All about putting Wales in their place in every facet possible - and that's when the mentality buckled. They felt the proper comeback stuff was done, they 'had' Wales, and it would just be a case of going back down the other end and, eventually, they'd make their way back up here to get another 3.

It was a sign of mental weakness - a bit of arrogance, but also a bit of fear. After that, Australia (finally) made some really big consecutive mistakes, Wales wiped out that 3 with their own 3 points, and Australia never really had another proper chance to score.

If the kick wasn't so central - and therefore a gimme, and not an easy touch finder - surely Australia would have gone for the corner, drawn Wales in to defending, possibly got a defender binned through pressure, and wrapped up the game. This showed a newfound respect for Wales, but also a sense of playing it safe - the Wallabies are a bit cr@p when they play it safe, as we saw first half. Almost looking like the French these days: need nothing to play for in order to look world class.

But yeah, odd decsion that, and ultimately turned the game. Fine, if it was a kick to lead, but as it wasn't I was pretty thankful they chose that option at the time, and clearly in hindsight as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Sep 2019, 5:32 pm

miaow wrote:
SecretFly wrote:But the bloody Toomua kick for three points when the corner would have been better with the mood they were then in?  Even then, I thought you're going to regret that opportunity, mates.  Those choices can take the energy right out, and I think that's what happened.  Australia took a little breath after going to 25, and Wales took the opportunity to reestablish authority.

Totally agree.

Th whole comeback was staked on Australian blydi mindedness. Sheer dog and desire to win. Their captain gloating in the face of Navidi having scored a 1 yard worldie. Niggle, off the ball stuff, constant sledging. All about putting Wales in their place in every facet possible - and that's when the mentality buckled. They felt the proper comeback stuff was done, they 'had' Wales, and it would just be a case of going back down the other end and, eventually, they'd make their way back up here to get another 3.

It was a sign of mental weakness - a bit of arrogance, but also a bit of fear. After that, Australia (finally) made some really big consecutive mistakes, Wales wiped out that 3 with their own 3 points, and Australia never really had another proper chance to score.

If the kick wasn't so central - and therefore a gimme, and not an easy touch finder - surely Australia would have gone for the corner, drawn Wales in to defending, possibly got a defender binned through pressure, and wrapped up the game. This showed a newfound respect for Wales, but also a sense of playing it safe - the Wallabies are a bit cr@p when they play it safe, as we saw first half. Almost looking like the French these days: need nothing to play for in order to look world class.

But yeah, odd decsion that, and ultimately turned the game. Fine, if it was a kick to lead, but as it wasn't I was pretty thankful they chose that option at the time, and clearly in hindsight as well.

Lots of interesting theories their Mon. Poirôt.

The Aussies are improving every game at the moment. This result will toughen them up in a few areas make them a better team. They could of knicked this one at the end like they have done in so many games vs wales before.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 5:34 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Oh and Cheika is being a dick again. Moaning about Patchell making a tackle similar to Hodge and Kerevi merely defending himself!!!!!! Kerevi was lucky not to get a YC. 

Biggar's challenge that led to his concussion was much more like Hodge, while I have no idea how Hooper avoided a card which imo should have been red.

Disagree with your second point, obviously, as Biggar tackles him around the waist, where Hodge hits Yato on the chin and puts him out of the game. Clear red card v penalty at best for no wrap, possibly yellow given where it took place on the pitch. Even then, it's just a tackle with the head the wrong side. The arm wraps. It would be a crazy penalty to give.

The issue now, of course, is that Cheika knows exactly what he's doing - conflating decisions that are deemed the same 'level' as being equally bad.

Josh Adams' tackle is nowhere near the same as Hodge's, or Kerevi's arm run, or what Hooper did. Patchell's tackle is fine - he wraps him up chest first. People call it poor technique - it's not if he weren't at such a size disadvantage. He'd wrap the man up and bowl him back as he took the force.

Here's how I saw it

1. Hooper late shot. Shoulder first to Biggar's shoulder (weak, held it in agony after). Clearly yellow card. Deliberate, with force after the ball (he wasn't passive, he strikes forward/down to make sure it hurts - it's all about stopping Biggar playing to the line, everyone will have experienced it here). Off the ball and no shoulder wrap, deliberate, yellow card. Cut and dry. TMO directed Poite away from a card.

2. Kerevi. Arm clearly hit the chin, not the chest. You start from a red card and work down. End on a yellow rather than penalty or red as it was marginal to the chin - but still, quite clearly chin and neck if you looked at the whole arm, not just his elbow from camera side. It's not a red card but the fact is, it's forearm to neck and chin, at force. Have to be responsible for your carrying when you have such a long run up to it - nothing changed last minute, he led with the arm for a good 5m.

3. Adams high. Penalty. No force, arm wrapping around to grasp the player rather than flailing at mid air. Hand connects with shoulder first, then follow through - with tiny amount of contact - is forearm to face. Argument for a yellow, but 'empathy' with the game says it's no different to a seatbelt tackle in that it's an awkward body position as a result of trying to wrap the man. Penalty for high contact if the ref has already given at least two yellows, possibly a red to Kerevi, otherwise penalty.

Let's look at the actions here. One is the definition of a cheap shot, one is leading with the forearm in the carry, one is a little bit of a clumsy, instinctive tackle looking to wrap up a taller and bigger man.

They're not the same. They're not even close.

But because they all receive the same result - penalty, no card - Cheika an rant and rant and history will record 'maybe he has a point' or that 'Wales were just as bad - was it actually Wales 2 v Australia 1 and Patchell WAS in fact high?'.

Not impressed with ref again, or TMO. Backed themselves in to a corner with the first decision. Didn't want to sin bin the captain of the Wallabies in a crucial game. That's what it is, really. Cheika's just doing the old Australian sheet-talking and sledging in the media - we didn't lose, the ref cheated us etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2019, 5:37 pm

Cheika's criticism of Patchell is literally the old 'stop hitting yourself' bully tactic, and that's exactly what Chieka is. Playground loud mouth and bully. 'Nyeaaahhh, but, cam orrnnn goyyys, ya carnt go tacklin arrr boyyss arms with ya face, can ya?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 29 Sep 2019, 6:11 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Foley was clearly No.1 early in his career but he isn't that guy any more, hasn't been for 2 years. He should probably go join a Japanese club whilst he's still got a bit of bargaining power.

He is. Kubota.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 29 Sep 2019, 6:29 pm

How Cheika can say he didn’t know you aren’t allowed to lead with a forearm in contact is crazy. Doesn’t know a lot of laws seemingly, judging by the first game. Maybe the ARU should look at getting him on a course Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 29 Sep 2019, 6:37 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

I was one who highlighted that he can fall off a couple of tackles and that was true Wink

He’s a good player, but I don’t think there’s any doubt still he’s very raw.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 29 Sep 2019, 7:46 pm

Taylorman wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Foley was clearly No.1 early in his career but he isn't that guy any more, hasn't been for 2 years. He should probably go join a Japanese club whilst he's still got a bit of bargaining power.

He is. Kubota.

Wow.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Sep 2019, 7:51 pm

BigGee wrote:Very good win by Wales, considering the tide had turned and they looked out on their feet with 20 to go.

Thd bench gave them a second wind and got them over the line.

How does Dsvies keep getting away with these intercepts? Do sides not look at his highlights reel?

Great plays though and he would have put the match to bed if he had held on to the second one.

Wales in prime spot to top thst group now

Raw pace has always been hard to defend I guess.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:03 pm

Yeah, it really should be cooked fully for safety first.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Sep 2019, 8:20 pm

SecretFly wrote:Yeah, it really should be cooked fully for safety first.

Medium rare is just fine

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Mon 30 Sep 2019, 1:12 am

Taylorman wrote:Wales are different. They have Gats and he’s more astute than Schmidt when away from home due to the Lions campaigns, which are the closest thing you can get to the World Cup, in terms of intensity, planning, managing players abroad over a period.

It’s oz that are the X factor team here. They could do anything, and between Perth and Eden park they went a 57 point swing the other way in one week vs the same side.

So Wales will be the predictable, self assured side, oz will be all over the place, and are riding high on emotion, feel they have many critics, something Cheika ‘the world is against us’ with the hodge affair, brings on them.

They could bounce back and wreck Wales, and just as easily could get battled. That’s why they’re dangerous. Gumps box of chocolates come into play.

Hardly surprised that Gump influences your thinking

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 30 Sep 2019, 1:20 am

'They could bounce back and wreck Wales'

nearly did too. Wales got lucky...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Mon 30 Sep 2019, 2:57 am

Taylorman wrote:'They could bounce back and wreck Wales'

Unable to make a solid prediction he would stick by Gump hedged his bets, again so that he could appear erudite in any event.

Good going Gump picard

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 30 Sep 2019, 3:16 am

Nothing to contribute then huh?
Poor thing

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2019, 1:07 pm

Taylorman wrote:Nothing to contribute then huh?

Pot, kettle, all black. Jeez.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 01 Oct 2019, 7:35 am

Georgia Fiji is a close one to call. I think Georgia might have this one. Thought Fiji were superb for the first half against the Aussies. Georgia improving every match

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 01 Oct 2019, 8:55 am

Pie wrote:
Taylorman wrote:'They could bounce back and wreck Wales'

Unable to make a solid prediction he would stick by Gump hedged his bets, again so that he could appear erudite in any event.

Good going Gump picard

Completely uncalled for personal insult.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 01 Oct 2019, 11:58 am

maestegmafia wrote:Georgia Fiji is a close one to call. I think Georgia might have this one. Thought Fiji were superb for the first half against the Aussies. Georgia improving every match

One for the accountants really. It will push the winner into a higher prize money band and ensure qualification for the next cup. But unless you think Georgia can topple Australia it won't impact qualification, although it would probably be better as a contest to have qualification on the line.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2019, 12:18 pm

Fiji hold on to the win after a fast start for me. Georgia to grind their way back into the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next