The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest of the World

+18
Dolphin Ziggler
James100
westisbest
It Must Be Love
sirfredperry
JDizzle
LondonTiger
No name Bertie
alfie
Nathaniel Jacobs
Duty281
Soul Requiem
VTR
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
Galted
Gooseberry
KP_fan
22 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Rest of the World - Page 9 Empty Rest of the World

Post by KP_fan Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rahkeem Cornwall makes it to West Indies Test squad
He is an all-rounder from the islands of Antigua and is perhaps the heaviest cricketer ever. He stands at a towering height of 6’6” and weighs around 140 kg.

Cornwall made his first-class debut in 2014 and has since become a regular for Leewards Islands, even captaining them earlier this year. He has 260 wickets from 55 first-class matches and finished as the leading bowler in the most recent regional four-day tournament.

Rest of the World - Page 9 _a076010
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Rest of the World - Page 9 Empty Re: Rest of the World

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:53 am

Bumrah got Wade LBW, Wade's review not saving him as it was umpire's call on hitting.
Labuschagne getting a move on rather quickly.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:53 am

And now Bumrah has Burns as well, LBW.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:55 am

Change of ends seems to have worked wonders for Bumrah...much better length and now he's done for Burns (marginal lbw , but to be fair it looked good live) to even the game up a bit.

Actually very similar position to India early yesterday...both openers gone , the Big Two Bats together , only thirty on the board...

Wouldn't they love to get one of these two quickly !

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:55 am

Another one on umpire's call!. Bit of luck going India's way.
I should say this when it working for India, but I don't like this umpire's call thing. Either you are in or out, if the ball is hitting you are out! The game is so much about the batsman these days, you should give that much to the bowler...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:57 am

alfie wrote:India might like to pay me to not leave the TV view while they are batting..l

Yesterday watched every ball until they were 179/3 . Went off for a brief errand and returned to find them 210/6. Under my watchful gaze , Saha and Ashwin made it safely to stumps. But I didn't get home this afternoon until the rest of the innings had imploded and the Australian openers had reached 14/0. . .

Of course I have already taken a wicket now Smile
They should name you 12th man or something alfie!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:59 am

Labuschagne's lucky day ! Dropped on the boundary hooking...that really should have been swallowed. He has four boundaries but none convincing and could have been out twice already...

India may live to regret that miss.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:00 am

Having brought India back into the contest, Bumrah now seems to have done a Rahane, drops Labuschagne!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:27 am

So an even session. India couldn't even cross 250, and then the Australian openers survived nearly 15 overs. It seemed Australia was getting ready to run away with. Bumrah then took out to even things out. He had a chance to put India ahead, had Smith and Labuschagne been separated, it would have been India's session, and even the run-out yesterday could have been balanced out. But the moment was gone just like that, and there is a massive task for the Indians now. They need to ensure the Labuschagne-Smith combo won't inflict too much damage, hopefully, they would have something more to throw at Smith than what they managed in 2014 or even in the limited overs series more recently!
Will be interesting to see how Ashwin would go here. Lyon was excellent in the Indian first innings. Even negating Cheteshwar Pujara who was an even greater threat to him than Kohli, emerging on the right side of that battle and then proceeding to do his thing, letting the quicks work around him seamlessly.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:54 am

Labuschagne is edgy but dangerously for India, he's still out there and quickly adding to the total.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:55 am

Even more dangerously for India, Smith is looking rather comfortable out there.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:03 am

What on earth is going on out there ? India really should have Labuschagne out by now - that latest dolly Shaw has dropped was a shocker. And Smith was so nearly snaffled at slip then...stood a bit too deep , no ?
If India go on to lose this game , this half hour of missed chances may be more responsible than even the batting collapses.
Of course , the way Shami and Bumrah are bowling right now , anything could still happen anyway. But you don't usually get away with spurning all these chances against Australia on their home grounds.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 am

Wow ! Ashwin arrives and removes Smith for a somewhat torturous 1...
Big Wicket.

With Labuschagne playing more like a rabbit than his usual reliable self though somehow surviving , Australia are in a bit of trouble at 46/3. Another wicket now would give Green a pressurised debut ...

Yadav bowling now : might have been a case for squeezing one more over out of Bumrah or Shami , perhaps ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 am

They should have had Labuschagne, but they have Smith! Ashwin with a beauty in his first over, and thankfully, this time someone actually took the catch!
Including the tough drop from Saha, they have missed out on at least 3 chances by now. Can't do this if they want to stay alive in this game...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:34 am

All those chances of Labuschagne, it is already hurting India. Without him, Australia would be scoring well below 2 an over... He has already made a dent to that 244.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:35 am

Bit tense at the moment...Head has the luck that eludes Burns when he survives on the right side of an lbw umpires call.
Umpires having plenty of decisions to make ...as is drs.

Batting has never really looked easy in this match. At least the outfield is a bit faster today so value for shots has improved ; but not too many shots being played at present.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:39 am

msp83 wrote:All those chances of Labuschagne, it is already hurting India. Without him, Australia would be scoring well below 2 an over... He has already made a dent to that 244.

Well they are still actually going at less than two per over... But yes , he should certainly be gone by now which really would see India on top.
You'd have to say the batsmen are under some pressure at present : question might be if they settle in for a while , will India's lack of a fifth bowler come to haunt them ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:46 am

I think I wrote yesetrday...if India get to 250 it wuld be par.
India didn't get there...but it does appear like par.
Indian seamers have bowled better than Aussies....Aswin looks good when he starts in first innings with a newish ball...and his bit / zip drops of as the game progresses.

He is almost a good new ball bowler
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:50 am

Ashwin indeed doing a job...has done for Head.

Tough time now for the debutant Green as the Australian tail is not the strongest (although at least they don't have three number elevens like India. One more wicket now would have the home side facing a battle in the twilight session...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:55 am

Fine job so far from Ashwin, getting Head to push Australia to 4 down.
Labuschagne is still there, reminding India about all those missed chances. And now he's actually looking comfortable.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:00 am

Looks like picked the right bowlers on the tipping competition, great fightback from India

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:03 am

alfie wrote:Wow ! Ashwin arrives and removes Smith for a somewhat torturous 1...
Big Wicket.

With Labuschagne playing more like a rabbit than his usual reliable self though somehow surviving , Australia are in a bit of trouble at 46/3. Another wicket now would give Green a pressurised debut ...

Yadav bowling now : might have been a case for squeezing one more over out of Bumrah or Shami , perhaps ?

Does he not always play like that? His technique has held up so far but never looks far away from letting him down.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:12 am

Green actually started off looking perhaps more composed than the earlier batsmen...but he's fallen to a terrific catch by Kohli and Australia are in serious trouble at 79/5

Ashwin on fire ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:15 am

Green gifts his wicket to a Long Hop....but that was a result of some very high quality variation in flight and away spinning deliveries that Ashwin created a web around Green

Green is very tall....very front footed and gives the impression he has hard hands
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:16 am

Green goes, Ashwin gets his 3rd, not entirely surprisingly. Though this was not much about a spinner's craft as such. although he got a bit of extra bounce, that wasn't Ashwin's best delivery, but the bounce did Green in.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:20 am

I have a feeling that somewhere in this test match......Shami will wreak havoc with the pink ball under the lights
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:23 am

KP_fan wrote:I have a feeling that somewhere in this test match......Shami will wreak havoc with the pink ball under the lights

Well he is likely to get a crack at the Australian tail later today...albeit with an ageing ball.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:34 am

I don't watch IPL...so I am seeing Ashwin after a long time...and he has seemingly reinvented himself in a big way.
His action is more front on...coming muhc closer to the stumps....many variations with flight and almost spinning every ball diffrent way.
Having lost his place for good in ODIs and clearly second choice in tests has lit a fire under his backside....and he has worked to upgraded himself
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 am

Without Warner this Aussie batting lineup is very reliant on the brilliance of Smith and Labuschagne. If you can get one of them they are vulnerable, if you get both they will struggle  to make 200.

Those two are so good though that they can often make a Test of things with the pace attack at the Aussies disposal.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:04 am

At 92-5, Australia surely in trouble. But Labuschagne is still there, and they have Cummins and Starc to come, they both are good enough to bat 1 position up on a pinch than what they are doing currently.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:09 am

msp83 wrote:At 92-5, Australia surely in trouble. But Labuschagne is still there, and they have Cummins and Starc to come, they both are good enough to bat 1 position up on a pinch than what they are doing currently.

yeah their tail is much better than Indian tail....and they will scramble and get close to the Indian total
It will be a single inning shoot out
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:09 am

Kohli seems to be getting his bowling options mixed up, Shami and Bumrah it should have been to start with in my view. Or Ashwin from one end. But not Yadav

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:12 am

Labuschange really seems to be cut form the same cloth as Smith, conventional cricket logic and his first few tests would have him as pretty mediocre but you cannot argue with his weight of runs in test cricket.

Need to see him play in India against two spinners to really see if hes the complete package, and the does seem to be a real first innings player ...but more often than not hes helped Aus to match winning scores in that first innings.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:26 am

Yadav strikes...Labuschagne has reviewed but he's gone this time.

Australia in a ditch now at 111/6

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:30 am

KP_fan wrote:
msp83 wrote:At 92-5, Australia surely in trouble. But Labuschagne is still there, and they have Cummins and Starc to come, they both are good enough to bat 1 position up on a pinch than what they are doing currently.

yeah their tail is much better than Indian tail....and they will scramble and get close to the Indian total
It will be a single inning shoot out

You think ? I agree their pace bowlers are far better with the bat than India's (not a high bar !) but I'm not sure I'd call them a "strong" 8-11.
Paine is still there , and he is a punchy fighter ; but I think they will struggle to get near 200

And as I type Cummins collects a duck...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:32 am

msp83 wrote:Kohli seems to be getting his bowling options mixed up, Shami and Bumrah it should have been to start with in my view. Or Ashwin from one end. But not Yadav

You seem to have fired up Yadav , msp. Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:37 am

Indian catching leaving much to be desired...Paine now let off by a missed chance in the outfield.
Starc is going to have a swing , I think.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:38 am

Well, Yadav and Kohli proves me wrong, Umesh gets 2 in an over, Labuschagne's charmed stay ended on 47 with a wasted review on an LBW call and then Umesh got Cummins with a sharp one. Australia 113-7, Starc and Paine will a big job on their hands.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:41 am

India's catching worse than ordinary! Pathetic!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:44 am

There was that fine take from Kohli, but Shaw, Mayank, and even Bumrah. Jasprit at least was caught off guard by the boundary line, but Shaw and Mayank, failed with the bat, and then letting the side down with such obnoxious catching. And when he's picked for his superior glove work, even Saha hasn't looked on top of his game...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:45 am

Definitely worth the Aussies swinging the bat here - try get a few quick runs, put some pressure on India, and if it doesn't come off you get the new ball under lights
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:53 am

alfie wrote:Yadav strikes...Labuschagne has reviewed but he's gone this time.

Australia in a ditch now at 111/6

You can blame me for that one Whistle

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:56 am

Starc is probably at his best hitting out...doubt he'd last too long trying to block it out. Paine has played well (one big piece of luck) but they'll hope to get a bit closer to the 244.

Another catch goes down though that was a tough one for Saha.

Not many runs but plenty of action today ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:58 am

If Saha isn't going to be pretty much perfect with the gloves (spoiler: he hasn't been), there really is zero reason he should be playing ahead of Pant
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:02 am

As India continues to drop catches, Australia making slow progress towards that 244. They have 3 legitimate wickets to take and each batsman is to be given at least of couple of opportunities at this rate, I won't be surprised if the Australians would take a bit of a lead.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:04 am

Oh dear picard

Did not need a silly run out...Starc gone, eight out and still trailing by over one hundred.

At least if they get out soon they'll get a crack at India under lights with a new ball ...but they'd fancy getting a bit closer than this !

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:06 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:If Saha isn't going to be pretty much perfect with the gloves (spoiler: he hasn't been), there really is zero reason he should be playing ahead of Pant

Saving this quote for when forum icon Foakes makes an error in Sri Lanka Hug

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:06 am

Ashwin comes back and the Australians return some of the generosity. Starc run-out, 8 down.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:10 am

And just like that, without quite realizing, Tim Paine is getting close to a 50. He always get the tough runs doesn't he? Not a very good bat, but you can expect him to make a few in a crisis. Very crucial runs these, for his side here.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:11 am

Gooseberry wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:If Saha isn't going to be pretty much perfect with the gloves (spoiler: he hasn't been), there really is zero reason he should be playing ahead of Pant

Saving this quote for when forum icon Foakes makes an error in Sri Lanka Hug

Very Happy

Although if Ed Smith is to be believed , Foakes will only be running drinks in Sri Lanka.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:12 am

Ashwin's bowled well today, Bumrah has been good and Umesh had that one spell. But for me it has been Shami who really did the necessary course correction to the lines after that not so impressive burst from Umesh and Bumrah and bowled well throughout without absolutely nothing to show for it in terms of wickets.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next