The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Zealand All Blacks Thread - post RWC & 2020 season.

+15
eirebilly
mikey_dragon
Old Man
LondonTiger
Gooseberry
No 7&1/2
Pal Joey
BamBam
Galted
RiscaGame
SecretFly
Collapse2005
Dirtydave
majesticimperialman
Taylorman
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The New Zealand All Blacks Thread - post RWC & 2020 season. - Page 4 Empty The New Zealand All Blacks Thread - post RWC & 2020 season.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

A thread to discuss all things NZ and All Blacks.

Back to top Go down

The New Zealand All Blacks Thread - post RWC & 2020 season. - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Zealand All Blacks Thread - post RWC & 2020 season.

Post by Old Man Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Razor is joining the Springbok coaching team Wink

Old Man

Back to top Go down

The New Zealand All Blacks Thread - post RWC & 2020 season. - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Zealand All Blacks Thread - post RWC & 2020 season.

Post by Taylorman Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:07 pm

That would be surprising...for now. Who knows if the Saders keep winning and Foz gets extended in two years.
Be just our luck to have both SA and Oz with coaches that have up to 7 SR titles between them by then to our bloke who has none...in seven attempts.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Yeah, I am just joking Tman, would be a coup though.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:08 pm

I know but anything can happen these days... Rolling Eyes

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:11 am

First time I've actually seen an All Black admit this, used to get that with just about every haka before a game.

"The former Crusaders No 8 has also revealed that he almost "blacked out" during an emotional haka in the quarterfinal against Ireland, whom the All Blacks desperately wanted to beat."

This is why sides need to attack the AB's right from the start. In all the arguments against the haka and its perceived advantages there's a lot to gain from it as well. One being if its too intense you 'literally' end up seeing stars with the lack of oxygen to the head, the other is those not used to it having to not only start Test rugby under very high expectations but the distraction having to take time to rehearse it and nerves in not wanting to get it wrong.

Sides should be taking zero time to get the game started as fast as possible after its over. As the last act before the match its possible to get the jump on a side that throws itself too emotionally into the haka.

"There was no 'Kia rite! Kia rite! Kia mau!' I remember seeing TJ looking at me as I regathered myself.

"It felt like an age had passed by the time I snapped back to reality. 'Kia whakawhenua au i ahau!'

"It was the strangest experience of my career."

Read recovered from the incident when the ball was kicked off and led the All Blacks to a thumping 46-14 victory, which he described as "one of the sweetest of my career".

...Pressure... Hug

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:48 am

Taylorman wrote:First time I've actually seen an All Black admit this, used to get that with just about every haka before a game.

"The former Crusaders No 8 has also revealed that he almost "blacked out" [/b]

Initially misread this as "blacked up" which certainly would've been quite a thing.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:01 am

Gooseberry wrote:
Taylorman wrote:First time I've actually seen an All Black admit this, used to get that with just about every haka before a game.

Initially misread this as "blacked up" which certainly would've been quite a thing.

I was thinking more of a power failure. Hardly likely after a haka I know. So much energy is produced.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:28 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:

I was thinking more of a power failure. Hardly likely after a haka I know. So much energy is produced.

The power failure occurred just after the haka in the next match, lasted for around an hour and a half. Whistle

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:10 pm

This looks like it might be linked to the Scarlets letting Brad Mooar join up with the All Blacks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51028757

Either way, good to see another Welsh coach make the move down south. Steve Tandy rebuilt down there and has now got a good job with Scotland, Ronan O'Gara showed what he can do as well. Looks like part of a growing trend of skills sharing. It's not just a one way thing, you can see the New Zealanders wanting to tap in to the northern understanding of the game. Given Mark Jones was a good defender, defence coach doesn't seem as strange as it might on the surface.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:23 am

Future All Black coach: https://twitter.com/SuperRugbyNZ/status/1247298038667677696?s=19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4