The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up

+28
majesticimperialman
No 7&1/2
Tattie Scones RRN
bluestonevedder
Mr Bounce
RDW
SecretFly
mikey_dragon
Cyril
Luckless Pedestrian
maestegmafia
wayne
formerly known as Sam
BigGee
chris_501
Blueschief
carpet baboon
BamBam
lostinwales
Khouli Khan
Gooseberry
RiscaGame
TightHEAD
bsando
LondonTiger
Noble-Surfer
Taylorman
LordDowlais
32 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up - Page 5 Empty Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:11 am

First topic message reminder :

Wales' 2020 Six Nations Squad:

Forwards (21)

Rhys Carre (Saracens) (6 Caps)
Rob Evans (Scarlets) (36 Caps)
Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (22 Caps)
Elliot Dee (Dragons) (29 Caps)
Ryan Elias (Scarlets) (9 Caps)
Ken Owens (Scarlets) (73 Caps)
Leon Brown (Dragons) (6 Caps)
WillGriff John (Sale) (*uncapped)
Dillon Lewis (Blues) (22 Caps)
Jake Ball (Scarlets) (42 Caps)
Adam Beard (Ospreys) (20 Caps)
Seb Davies (Blues) (7 Caps)
Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys) (134 Caps) (CAPTAIN)
Will Rowlands (Wasps) (*uncapped)
Cory Hill (Dragons) (24 Caps)
Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (26 Caps)
Aaron Wainwright (Dragons) (18 Caps)
Taulupe Faletau (Bath) (72 Caps)
Ross Moriarty (Dragons) (41 Caps)
Josh Navidi (Blues) (23 Caps)
Justin Tipuric (Osprey) (72 Caps)

Backs (17)

Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (51 Caps)
Rhys Webb (Toulon) (31 Caps)
Tomos Williams (Blues) (16 Caps)
Dan Biggar (Northampton) (79 Caps)
Owen Williams (Gloucester) (3 Caps)
Jarrod Evans (Blues) (3 Caps)
Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets) (25 Caps)
Nick Tompkins (Saracens) (*uncapped)
Owen Watkin (Ospreys) (22 Caps)
George North (Ospreys) (91 Caps)
Josh Adams (Blues) (21 Caps)
Owen Lane (Blues) (2 Caps)
Johnny McNicholl (Scarlets) (*uncapped)
Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester) (*uncapped)
Jonah Holmes (Leicester Tigers) (3 Caps)
Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (85 Caps)
Liam Williams (Saracens) (62 Caps)

Back to top Go down

Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up - Page 5 Empty Re: Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:36 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Just been catching up on some news. Looks like AWJ has spoken with the Ospreys board, basically reiterating what a lot of us said around the time Tandy was hired and fired, then succeeded by Clarke. Millward has to be next surely.

Also it seems like Toulon want Webb to leave immediately, which I’m sure all stakeholders would be happy with. The poor behaviour is what you’d expect from Toulon’s owners.

If Webb had signed a deal with Ospreys before seeking release from Toulon, as the new owner alleges, then I understand why Toulon feel hard done by, especially as they claim they have given Webb a lot of time off during this and last season to visit family.

Of course they may just feel they do not want him anymore. Personally, with his age, I feel Wales should only call him up in an emergency.

How do you sign another contract before the current one is over though? I would be surprised if what Toulon said about that is true. Perhaps Webb and Ospreys had a gentleman's agreement. I doubt it was a lot of time off as well, you know how bad they are at player-management down in France.

I don't think he's too old yet and probably still good enough to be in the mix. If it doesn't work out we'll look at Rhodri Williams and Kieran Hardy.

Plenty of young scrumhalfs with serious talent coming through at the moment. Reuben Morgan-Williams and Harri Morgan, Blacker, Babos

Not sure where the Toulon owner is getting is facts from? It’s a bizarre rant. One day they say that he can leave at the end of the season, next minute speculation from major clubs all over Europe finally he decides on the obvious choice of going back to the Ospreys. He was linked with bath RFC for £500k eight days ago..!

It’s just the usual billionaire french club owner rant to the press. Boudjellal did it on a daily basis.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up - Page 5 Empty Re: Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:38 am

maestegmafia wrote:
guestalt_physicality wrote:I think you've read too much in to 'mentally weak'. I'm referring to his performance against Ireland where he clearly suffered with nerves. We're talking about playng for Wales, not regional rugby, so on the basis he needs time to be built up slowly instead of just thrown in at the deep end, it makes a lot more sense to start with Biggar.

We played a very young Dan Biggar, Rhys Patchell and Sam Davies in similar games and they’ve done well from it.

New coach and a new license to play what’s in front of him with Wellies as backs coach this looks like a brilliant opportunity for Jarrod to redeem himself as he did in the Baa Baas match

Really? Dan Biggar's second cap was starting in the 6 Nations? Sam Davies as well? Rhys Patchell? I don't remember that happening to be honest. I do remember Dan Biggar throwing an interception agaisnt Samoa in 2009 because I was at the game and I also told a friend I was with beforehand that I should have put a bet on it happening before the game as he was doing it regularly at the Ospreys. Biggar played back up to Stephen Jones with very mixed success for years and if I remember he played against Fiji in maybe 2011 (??) and then didn't play again until 2013. He had a very natural learning curve of development, and that was coming from a player who had ousted Hook in the Magners at 19 and was leading them to championships. But he still took years to be good enough for Wales.

Sam Davies has obviously played very poorly for Wales, most recently against the BaBas, and has shown far less promise than Biggar did. So much so he's had to move clubs to rebuild his career. I would be very worried if we were to rely on him for the upcoming 6 Nations simply because he doesn't show any readiness for test rugby.

Rhys Patchell still hasn't solidified himself with Wales, either, and he's another outside half who has played a key part in a title winning Pro12 team. He had a rough game against England 2 years ago, has had some mixed performances overall with Wales, but has done better than Sam Davies, for sure. Either wa there are justified question marks about his consistency because he won his first cap in 2013 I think, but still only has less than 20 caps (I'm guessing there) because, like Biggar, he's taken some time to improve his game. This is all really normal and exactly what you expect in an important position like 10. Jarrod Evans will be exactly the same - he'll take time. He's good enough to be in the squad on the basis of his performances for the Blues, but I think some people are smoking something funny if they'd pick him to start over Biggar.

It's really simple tbh. I think you're using some established players' average performances against them for Wales, and using the better league performances of the up and coming hopefuls. But they're very different standards. There's a phrase for this - the grass is always greener. Basically wanting to take the alternative in the hope that it'll be 'different' and 'better' than the obvious choice. Or, even worse, it's based on imagination - and just expecting someone like Jarrod Evans to replicate his club form for Wales, and not repeat what he showed in the warm up games, which is someone who wasn't ready to play for Wales.

The point I'm hopefully making clear through all of this is that there is a very big difference between what it takes to play for Wales, and what it takes to be a good or acceptable regional player.

This applies to Scot Williams, proven against the very best internatioinal teams time and again, and someone like Thomas-Wheeler as well. Honestly, if the Pro14 was the only judge of ability, I'm not sure Sam Warburton would have more than 10 caps, would he...

I think people just have their thoughts about things and try and find the logic to fit tbh. Wales always has a small group of really good players, and then a big drop off. That's what Pivac will be dealing with in the next 2-3 years as Jon Davies, Biggar, AWJ, Halfpenny etc. wind down and retire. There are some good prospects coming through, but particularly in the midfield, we look weak, hence having to use two Kiwis - Parkes and Haloholo - as part of out long term planning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:46 am

The cat is back, I see.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:51 am

Oh looks like we're back to normal then. #HoneymoonOver

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:51 am

On Scott Williams there's some rewriting of history here. Parkes played 13 a lot with Scott at 12. They shared the shirt for a while, with Parkes being a utility sub or even winger when Foxy and Scott were fit. When Foxy was available he walked in to the 13 shirt, obviously, so it meant Scott and Parkes shared the 12 shirt for a while.

Then Gatland - who never liked Scott Williams because he wasn't Jamie Roberts - picked Parkes as his crashball 12 in 2017, so Pivac has to select Parkes at 12 for the sake of Wales, but they still rotated a lot. Scott then signed with the Ospreys for more money and because he probably felt left out and was worried about losing his Wales place long term (which happened, sadly), Pivac said he didn't want him to go and he wished he had spoken to the club that he was thinking of leavin, and then he left and started his run of injuries.

As I suspect, there's far too much being placed on Gatland's opinions of Scott Williams and people just sort of lap it up. It's really strange considering he's a 50+ Wales capped international and clearly a top centre.

Parkes gets called up for Wales, Oct 2017
Scott Williams signs for the Ospreys, Nov 2017
(there are links but I can't post them, not sure how)

Sometimes bad luck is just bad luck. That, and Gatland wanted what he wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:58 am

I’m not sure why the debate keeps coming back to Scott Williams?

There are plenty of newer more interesting aspects to discuss.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:01 am

I was replying to Oracle but forget to copy him in sorry.

The Oracle wrote:I’ve called for the return of Scott Williams in the past, but agree that it has to be on merit. And I’m not convinced he’s anywhere near past form at the moment. Plus, didn’t he leave the Scarlets as he was not getting picked by...... Pivac? So I’m not sure Pivac is a huge fan, or perhaps he does not play centre as Pivac would like. Or perhaps they didn’t get on? Lots of guessing, but he seemed to leave to get away and try to get first team rugby. So not sure that Pivac and Stephen Jones now being in charge of Wales would help his cause. I wouldn’t be unhappy to see him get called up though. Just hope he lives up to the hype because he certainly hasn’t shown it at club level recently, and we’ve been critical of Gatland in the past for picking players out of form and trying to play them back into form at international level.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:06 am

maestegmafia wrote:I’m not sure why the debate keeps coming back to Scott Williams?

It's because we're all clueless Maes. We haven't been watching any rugby for the last few seasons, we're just listening to what Gatland apparently said about him.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:07 am

I do get that impression sometimes, yes, especially when some people say things like Scott Williams isn't good enough but some kids who are just doing ok in the Pro14 are better.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:12 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:I’m not sure why the debate keeps coming back to Scott Williams?

It's because we're all clueless Maes. We haven't been watching any rugby for the last few seasons, we're just listening to what Gatland apparently said about him.

What you think about the backrow MikeyD...?

Toby back, players back to fitness, the competition was tough enough, plus Taine and Lewis Hughes etc..!

Ellis to be back in the reckoning for the summer tour.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:26 am

I'm glad I'm not selecting it Maes, we seem to have produced a lot of excellent flankers lately. Basham is the real deal, a lot like Griffiths but less injury prone, but I think both will miss out this time around. Faletau is class and one of those players you should have around your squad if it features a few young guys, but I guess it depends if Pivac thinks he has done enough in this short space of time. I still think Shingler has a role to play as he's been pretty good around the field and in the lineout, it seems like he's stopped trying to hurt people in the contact area though which is a shame as he became quite good at that.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:38 am

mikey_dragon wrote:I'm glad I'm not selecting it Maes, we seem to have produced a lot of excellent flankers lately. Basham is the real deal, a lot like Griffiths but less injury prone, but I think both will miss out this time around. Faletau is class and one of those players you should have around your squad if it features a few young guys, but I guess it depends if Pivac thinks he has done enough in this short space of time. I still think Shingler has a role to play as he's been pretty good around the field and in the lineout, it seems like he's stopped trying to hurt people in the contact area though which is a shame as he became quite good at that.

So

Shingler
Tips
Toby

Navidi bench?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:43 am

That's a sensible pick. Navidi starts if I'm picking though. It's tough on Moriarty and Wainwright too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:57 am

mikey_dragon wrote:That's a sensible pick. Navidi starts if I'm picking though. It's tough on Moriarty and Wainwright too.

I hope that there will be some rotation in the squad as there was last year. There is plenty of potential to keep growing the greater squad. We have seen so many players get a chance over the last decade, in that environment they have become much better players especially after extended periods together like pre-RWC.

There seems to have been a decent hand over between the two coaches, hopefully that will pay dividends.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:58 am

Cyril wrote:The cat is back, I see.

Masks always slip, in the end. Did well to hold off on the essays for a bit, but there’s always obvious ways of spotting them anyway. Same as Hersh, though that one slips through the net somehow.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:59 am

Pretty obvious really.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:01 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I'm glad I'm not selecting it Maes, we seem to have produced a lot of excellent flankers lately. Basham is the real deal, a lot like Griffiths but less injury prone, but I think both will miss out this time around. Faletau is class and one of those players you should have around your squad if it features a few young guys, but I guess it depends if Pivac thinks he has done enough in this short space of time. I still think Shingler has a role to play as he's been pretty good around the field and in the lineout, it seems like he's stopped trying to hurt people in the contact area though which is a shame as he became quite good at that.

So

Shingler
Tips
Toby

Navidi bench?

Yes on the last two. Probably Navidi for Shingler, for me.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:57 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

So

Shingler
Tips
Toby

Navidi bench?

Yes on the last two. Probably Navidi for Shingler, for me.

I agree, to an extent, kind of horses for courses in my opinion.

For the first game vs Italy I think I’d go Shingler over Navidi for extra line out presence. But probably Navidi first against England and France who I think could well be the two strongest teams we will face.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:31 pm

guestalt_physicality wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
guestalt_physicality wrote:I think you've read too much in to 'mentally weak'. I'm referring to his performance against Ireland where he clearly suffered with nerves. We're talking about playng for Wales, not regional rugby, so on the basis he needs time to be built up slowly instead of just thrown in at the deep end, it makes a lot more sense to start with Biggar.

We played a very young Dan Biggar, Rhys Patchell and Sam Davies in similar games and they’ve done well from it.

New coach and a new license to play what’s in front of him with Wellies as backs coach this looks like a brilliant opportunity for Jarrod to redeem himself as he did in the Baa Baas match

Really? Dan Biggar's second cap was starting in the 6 Nations? Sam Davies as well? Rhys Patchell? I don't remember that happening to be honest. I do remember Dan Biggar throwing an interception agaisnt Samoa in 2009 because I was at the game and I also told a friend I was with beforehand that I should have put a bet on it happening before the game as he was doing it regularly at the Ospreys. Biggar played back up to Stephen Jones with very mixed success for years and if I remember he played against Fiji in maybe 2011 (??) and then didn't play again until 2013. He had a very natural learning curve of development, and that was coming from a player who had ousted Hook in the Magners at 19 and was leading them to championships. But he still took years to be good enough for Wales.

Sam Davies has obviously played very poorly for Wales, most recently against the BaBas, and has shown far less promise than Biggar did. So much so he's had to move clubs to rebuild his career. I would be very worried if we were to rely on him for the upcoming 6 Nations simply because he doesn't show any readiness for test rugby.

Rhys Patchell still hasn't solidified himself with Wales, either, and he's another outside half who has played a key part in a title winning Pro12 team. He had a rough game against England 2 years ago, has had some mixed performances overall with Wales, but has done better than Sam Davies, for sure. Either wa there are justified question marks about his consistency because he won his first cap in 2013 I think, but still only has less than 20 caps (I'm guessing there) because, like Biggar, he's taken some time to improve his game. This is all really normal and exactly what you expect in an important position like 10. Jarrod Evans will be exactly the same - he'll take time. He's good enough to be in the squad on the basis of his performances for the Blues, but I think some people are smoking something funny if they'd pick him to start over Biggar.

It's really simple tbh. I think you're using some established players' average performances against them for Wales, and using the better league performances of the up and coming hopefuls. But they're very different standards. There's a phrase for this - the grass is always greener. Basically wanting to take the alternative in the hope that it'll be 'different' and 'better' than the obvious choice. Or, even worse, it's based on imagination - and just expecting someone like Jarrod Evans to replicate his club form for Wales, and not repeat what he showed in the warm up games, which is someone who wasn't ready to play for Wales.

The point I'm hopefully making clear through all of this is that there is a very big difference between what it takes to play for Wales, and what it takes to be a good or acceptable regional player.

This applies to Scot Williams, proven against the very best internatioinal teams time and again, and someone like Thomas-Wheeler as well. Honestly, if the Pro14 was the only judge of ability, I'm not sure Sam Warburton would have more than 10 caps, would he...

I think people just have their thoughts about things and try and find the logic to fit tbh. Wales always has a small group of really good players, and then a big drop off. That's what Pivac will be dealing with in the next 2-3 years as Jon Davies, Biggar, AWJ, Halfpenny etc. wind down and retire. There are some good prospects coming through, but particularly in the midfield, we look weak, hence having to use two Kiwis - Parkes and Haloholo - as part of out long term planning.

We're not children, Miaow. We know there's a difference between regional rugby and Test rugby.

This is a place for sharing opinons. Your opinion holds no greater weight that anyone else's.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:07 pm

Is there any Welsh qualified player under 30 getting regular pro14 rugby who hasn't been suggested as a possibility for the test side this winter? Must be pretty embarrassing for them if so. 

Whether Pivac goes with the experienced heads or looks to the future its going to be a pretty patchwork Wales side. I hope the fans dont hold unrealistic expectations for this 6 nations even if they arent the only team in a state of flux going in to it. Pivac too shouldnt be too harshly judged on the decisions he makes here, the fact that theres very much opposing camps in terms of selections shows its not a clear cut question on individuals or on the overarching principles that should drive how this 6 nations team is shaped. Despite how resolute certain posters seem to be theres arguments to be made to go either way that have validity.  

Mind the last time they ended up having to pick backs off the back of cereal packets it kickstarted the big winning run and a really strong year so who knows. It would be nice if these Wales threads didn't get derailed by Welsh posters getting into personal battles mind.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 pm

The thing is Goose, if you're playing regularly in the domestic league then it's likely you can make the step up, because that's how it works mind. I'm not saying everyone looks good in doing so mind.

Carre and John would start or at least be on bench for me, for that opening 6N game. I think these two will each be playing a big role over the next cycle. They and Brown are looking very good, but could easily regress. There's only one way to find out, mind.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:52 pm

The Six Nations is a serious competition. It's not a time to 'blood' players with the infamous 'sink or swim' mantra.

Pivac will have the press on him if he doesn't finish in the top 2, he probably will get criticised whatever happens. Not the time to be messing around with unproven players. Results are key. Solid players are more reliable than flair players. Experience is more dependable than promise. Plenty of time to cap promising players in the summer tours and autumn. Until we're desperate with injuries, we don't need to take the risky choice.

There's more than enough change that's happened in the coaching box without wanting to completely overhaul the squad and team that was built over the last 2 years for Japan.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

miaow seriously, nobody gives a flying rats what you think any more. Your pompous attitude isn't wanted, just get back off the site and stay off.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:11 am

mikey_dragon wrote:The thing is Goose, if you're playing regularly in the domestic league then it's likely you can make the step up, because that's how it works mind. I'm not saying everyone looks good in doing so mind.

Carre and John would start or at least be on bench for me, for that opening 6N game. I think these two will each be playing a big role over the next cycle. They and Brown are looking very good, but could easily regress. There's only one way to find out, mind.

Yeah be nice to see John and Brown get some time in the opening match as we need to look at tighthead options. Rhys Carre I agree with two, he could do some damage in attack. Italy have a good scrum which will be a nice test for him.

Give those in need of recovery a bit more time.

Hoping AWJ goes well this weekend..! But perfectly happy with Ball and Hill with Beard on the bench. Both are looking in great form.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:09 am

guestalt_physicality wrote:The Six Nations is a serious competition. It's not a time to 'blood' players with the infamous 'sink or swim' mantra.

Pivac will have the press on him if he doesn't finish in the top 2, he probably will get criticised whatever happens. Not the time to be messing around with unproven players. Results are key. Solid players are more reliable than flair players. Experience is more dependable than promise. Plenty of time to cap promising players in the summer tours and autumn. Until we're desperate with injuries, we don't need to take the risky choice.

There's more than enough change that's happened in the coaching box without wanting to completely overhaul the squad and team that was built over the last 2 years for Japan.

No one's suggesting that. No one! Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:33 am

Ok that's good to know. I also wasn't suggesting we also never cap anyone new, either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:51 am

mikey_dragon wrote:miaow seriously, nobody gives a flying rats what you think any more. Your pompous attitude isn't wanted, just get back off the site and stay off.

I've read this forum for a long time and I know you and miaow were both horrible posters to be honest. I'm not who you think I am. I'm not miaow and I don't know why you want me to be. I honestly think you enjoy the arguing which I do not. Part of why I made a login to contributeis because the childish behaviour had stopped after the world cup. I did have an account years ago but mainly posted on the old 606. I left 606v2 over 5 years ago now because posters getting in constant fights. Can you please stop, I don't know why you behave like you do, sometimes you seem fine the suddenly you're posting something full of hate. I always skimmed over your posts to be perfectly honest and tried to just ignore it but please don't turn your hate at me just because you think I'm someone I'm not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:56 am

mikey_dragon wrote:miaow seriously, nobody gives a flying rats what you think any more. Your pompous attitude isn't wanted, just get back off the site and stay off.

I've read this forum for a long time and I know you and miaow were both horrible posters to be honest. I'm not who you think I am. I'm not miaow and I don't know why you want me to be. I honestly think you enjoy the arguing which I do not. Part of why I made a login to contributeis because the childish behaviour had stopped after the world cup. I did have an account years ago but mainly posted on the old 606. I left 606v2 over 5 years ago now because posters getting in constant fights. Can you please stop, I don't know why you behave like you do, sometimes you seem fine the suddenly you're posting something full of hate. I always skimmed over your posts to be perfectly honest and tried to just ignore it but please don't turn your hate at me just because you think I'm someone I'm not.

When you were 15?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:21 am

Lads

In the interest of rugby chat which is the only reason I bother looking at this site can you please just give it a rest..?

If you think someone is talking out there backside either reply politely or ignore them..! You don’t have to reply..!

And if you have a point that everyone disagrees with, stop repeating it constantly, no one agrees and I doubt anyone is interested.

Squad to be announced soon. I’m far more interested in discussing the merits of that than reading 80% of what’s on this page.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:23 am

I am not 20. I am actually 48.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:24 am

It's a bit weird to be pretending to be 20 then, isn't it?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:26 am

Seriously lads give it a ******* rest

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:48 am

Np maestegmafia. I didn't realise my DOB was wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:53 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

When you were 15?

Oh ffs miaow we know it's you. It's too obvious, and this post is exactly the sort of reply one gets for telling you the truth. You're insane if you actually believe the stuff you type.

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:53 am

Couldn't see if it's been mentioned on this thread already, but Rhys Webb is going to be available for the Six Nations. Seems he's had a bit of a falling out with Toulon regarding his move back to Wales though. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51002110

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:56 am

maestegmafia wrote:Lads

In the interest of rugby chat which is the only reason I bother looking at this site can you please just give it a rest..?

If you think someone is talking out there backside either reply politely or ignore them..! You don’t have to reply..!

And if you have a point that everyone disagrees with, stop repeating it constantly, no one agrees and I doubt anyone is interested.

Squad to be announced soon. I’m far more interested in discussing the merits of that than reading 80% of what’s on this page.

Well that only works if everyone utilises the 'foe' option, which 50% of the site would likely be willing to do to this poster. Shame about the other 50%. There is another way to maintain the peace I guess, cough...

How soon is the squad being announced btw? Is it after the 2nd round of the euro competition?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:56 am

Noble-Surfer wrote:Couldn't see if it's been mentioned on this thread already, but Rhys Webb is going to be available for the Six Nations. Seems he's had a bit of a falling out with Toulon regarding his move back to Wales though. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51002110

Great news and if things work out hopefully he can return to the Ospreys before the New Season, we could certainly do with him.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:58 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

How soon is the squad being announced btw? Is it after the 2nd round of the euro competition?

I think it’s next Monday

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:06 am

It's definitely next week some time.

Can anyone tell me how much game time Webb's been getting at Toulon? If he's been their starting scrum half then I would have no issue with him potentially starting against Italy (although it would seem quite drastic for Toulon to be getting rid of their starting scrum half), but if he hasn't been starting for them then Pivac might want him to earn his place through his performances for the Ospreys. It's not like we're scratching around for scrum halves, after all.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:07 am

maestegmafia as you are a moderator can you please moderate the poster calling me insane?

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:10 am

guestalt_physicality wrote:maestegmafia as you are a moderator can you please moderate the poster calling me insane?

Best to report posts that you think infringe the rules.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:10 am

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:14 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It's definitely next week some time.

Can anyone tell me how much game time Webb's been getting at Toulon? If he's been their starting scrum half then I would have no issue with him potentially starting against Italy (although it would seem quite drastic for Toulon to be getting rid of their starting scrum half), but if he hasn't been starting for them then Pivac might want him to earn his place through his performances for the Ospreys. It's not like we're scratching around for scrum halves, after all.

There first choice is Baptiste Sarin. Webb has shared starting duties

11 games

https://www.rugbypass.com/top-14/teams/toulon/players/rhys-webb/

Last edited by maestegmafia on Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:19 am

It's odd to see a mod 'taking sides'. Unless of course this forum really is finished and the select individuals left are free to slur and offend with impunity? I was naive to think childish name calling was against the rules, but I'd reported it anyway. Thanks maestegmafia. Is there any other way of contacting mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:20 am

Thanks, Maes. Serin's a good player himself.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:22 am

guestalt_physicality wrote:It's odd to see a mod 'taking sides'. Unless of course this forum really is finished and the select individuals left are free to slur and offend with impunity? I was naive to think childish name calling was against the rules, but I'd reported it anyway. Thanks maestegmafia. Is there any other way of contacting mods?

As I said above if you have an issue report it. As I am actively on this thread I don’t want to get involved.

Report it and all the mods will see your report. London Tiger is watching this thread and is monitoring the situation. I’ve briefly discussed my thoughts with him when he asked.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:24 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Thanks, Maes. Serin's a good player himself.

Aye cracking player. I think the FFR give the clubs a bit of extra wedge for utilising French internationals. Like the Premiership clubs do from the RFU.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:33 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Can anyone tell me how much game time Webb's been getting at Toulon? If he's been their starting scrum half then I would have no issue with him potentially starting against Italy (although it would seem quite drastic for Toulon to be getting rid of their starting scrum half), but if he hasn't been starting for them then Pivac might want him to earn his place through his performances for the Ospreys. It's not like we're scratching around for scrum halves, after all.

I have no idea how much game time he's been getting. According to that BBC article though, Toulon are saying he won't play for them again...

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:34 am

guestalt_physicality wrote:It's odd to see a mod 'taking sides'. Unless of course this forum really is finished and the select individuals left are free to slur and offend with impunity? I was naive to think childish name calling was against the rules, but I'd reported it anyway. Thanks maestegmafia. Is there any other way of contacting mods?

Deja vu chin

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:36 am

French clubs usually have two first XV's so I wouldn't read too much into it, but after recent events we know Webb isn't liked at Toulon. You aren't going to be well liked there if you're a good player that still wants to play international rugby for a team other than France.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next