The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by TightHEAD on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 4:29 pm

England  rose  v Wales  Wales  - 07/03/2020 - 16:45pm - the HOME of Rugby.

England XV

Daly; Watson, Tuilagi, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs; Marler, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Kruis, Lawes, Wilson, Curry

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Stuart, Launchbury, Ewels, Earl, Heinz, Slade


Wales XV

Halfpenny; North, Tompkins, Parkes, Williams; Biggar, T Williams; R Evans, Owens, D Lewis, Ball, AW Jones (capt), Moriarty, Navidi, Tipuric.

Replacements: Elias, Carre, L Brown, Shingler, Faletau, Webb, J Evans, McNicholl.



Overall - Played 134 - Eng 63 - Wales 59 - Drawn 12


Last edited by TightHEAD on Thu 05 Mar 2020, 1:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 5537
Join date : 2014-09-25
Age : 58
Location : Covid-on-sea

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by The Oracle on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 5:39 pm

England win. The end.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by majesticimperialman on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 6:33 pm

The Oracle wrote:England win. The end.

Agree. clap thumbsup

majesticimperialman

Posts : 5507
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Old Man on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 9:01 pm

I suspect Wales will handle England better than Ireland did, their game plan is more suitable to front up to England, will be a tough encounter.

Old Man

Posts : 974
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Maddogflanker on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 9:02 pm

England win. Tompkins ask's if he can get his welsh caps removes

Maddogflanker

Posts : 34
Join date : 2019-12-19

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by majesticimperialman on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 9:17 pm

I do expect Wales to up their game against England. But i do expect England to be prepared for that. still England win.

Will George North be expected to play after his HIA?

majesticimperialman

Posts : 5507
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by TightHEAD on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 9:36 pm

Will Agent Tompkins be picked?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 5537
Join date : 2014-09-25
Age : 58
Location : Covid-on-sea

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by king_carlos on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 9:42 pm

Anthony Watson and Jack Nowell are targeting the Wales game by the sound of things. Watson will probably walk back into the starting XV if fit.

If Mako Vunipola is available then there's an interesting decision to be made at loosehead. With Dillon Lewis not the strongest scrummager I'd be happy with us targeting the scrum.

king_carlos

Posts : 5774
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by GeordieFalcon on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 9:55 pm

I wouldnt be rushing Mako back.

Marler is much more solid in the 'prop ' duties...and Genge is the impact prop from hell and the future LH starter...with Obano probably being his challenger.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 22357
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 10:21 pm

I expect there will be some personnel changes for this one, slowly but surely that's what Pivac has been doing. I think integrating the new boys is the most important thing for Wales now. I think we need a few more than previously as the balance still doesn't seem right. I think we know by now that Navidi is our best flanker (who also plays 8). In his absence we need Shingler, I'd drop Faletau. I hope Patchell and Williams are nearing a return because we starting to get thin on the ground again in the backs. No North or Dillon Lewis starting for me either. No idea why Rob Evans was on the bench, that seemed like a random pick. Carre even with a handful of club starts looks twice the player.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11239
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by lostinwales on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 11:00 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:I wouldnt be rushing Mako back.

Marler is much more solid in the 'prop ' duties...and Genge is the impact prop from hell and the future LH starter...with Obano probably being his challenger.

A Genge Sinckler LCD front row is really going to be something.

lostinwales

Posts : 9506
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Rugby Fan on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 11:12 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:...I'd drop Faletau...
What's the thinking there? Just to give game time to other prospects, or genuine dissatisfaction with his current performance?

Rugby Fan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 6211
Join date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Pie on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:10 am

Faletau is unique and he should not be dropped....guy has been injured or ages. He needs game time and he will get his edge back

Pie

Posts : 847
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Gooseberry on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 7:33 am

Any updates on Furbank? His injury was all a bit mysterious with him being pulled only a few days before the last test but it being described as a long term issue.
With Watson assumed to be fit for the next one the need for a makeshift outside goes away but theres big questions over who would make the 23 if the others are fit too.
Suspect England may well persist with their bench split and get the best from their heavy forwards.

Gooseberry

Posts : 7214
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 7:54 am

Rugby Fan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:...I'd drop Faletau...
What's the thinking there? Just to give game time to other prospects, or genuine dissatisfaction with his current performance?

There aren’t really any ‘prospects’ in the back-row that are/will be in the match day squad. We just need a harder edge there. Faletau isn’t bringing it at the moment.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11239
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 7:54 am

Pie wrote:Faletau is unique and he should not be dropped....guy has been injured or ages. He needs game time and he will get his edge back

He should have been left with Bath then.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11239
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Khouli Khan on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 8:07 am

Old Man wrote:I suspect Wales will handle England better than Ireland did, their game plan is more suitable to front up to England, will be a tough encounter.

I'm sure England will not underestimate Wales. However, Wales are just simply not that good at the moment.

It could be a tough encounter - England aren't exactly back up to speed after the RWC and Wales always up their game to play England - but with home advantage and a title to play for, if England get it right again, they'll beat Wales comfortably.

Khouli Khan

Posts : 206
Join date : 2019-11-28

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Gooseberry on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 8:41 am

Khouli Khan wrote:
Old Man wrote:I suspect Wales will handle England better than Ireland did, their game plan is more suitable to front up to England, will be a tough encounter.

I'm sure England will not underestimate Wales. However, Wales are just simply not that good at the moment.

It could be a tough encounter - England aren't exactly back up to speed after the RWC and Wales always up their game to play England - but with home advantage and a title to play for, if England get it right again, they'll beat Wales comfortably.


It is interesting that Ireland seem to drop theirs for England and Wales for Ireland. Rock (Irelands mobility), Paper (Tompkins defence), Scissors (what needs taking to some of Englands facial hair).

Its certainly a game England should win looking at recent performances but we have been here before. Its what makes the six nations what it is, never take anything for granted.

Gooseberry

Posts : 7214
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by The Oracle on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 8:59 am

I think it's a myth that Wales always up their performances for England. Also a bit disingenuous too - 'England didn't lose by playing badly, it was just Wales put more intensity into it than other teams would'. Balls. Look at our record at Twickers. It's pretty poor. Surely it would be much better if we were able to summon this mythical extra effort that we reserve just for England? Even under Emperor Gatland we only won there once (2012). The truth is that we up our game at home, but that's for eveyone.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by SecretFly on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 11:43 am

The Oracle wrote:I think it's a myth that Wales always up their performances for England. Also a bit disingenuous too - 'England didn't lose by playing badly, it was just Wales put more intensity into it than other teams would'. Balls. Look at our record at Twickers. It's pretty poor. Surely it would be much better if we were able to summon this mythical extra effort that we reserve just for England? Even under Emperor Gatland we only won there once (2012). The truth is that we up our game at home, but that's for eveyone.

laughing

They love that line of 'people up their game when they meet us'.

Ireland and New Zealand positively sacrifice themselves and practically down tools to keep England in games just for the good'uduh'game Whistle Run

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Gooseberry on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:03 pm

Wales can up their game against anyone on their day

Gooseberry

Posts : 7214
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by MichaelT on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:07 pm

The Oracle wrote:Even under Emperor Gatland we only won there once (2012).

2008 Six Nations. 2015 World Cup.

MichaelT

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by SecretFly on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:17 pm

MichaelT wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Even under Emperor Gatland we only won there once (2012).

2008 Six Nations. 2015 World Cup.

...... well yeah but....... what did Gats ever do for us????!!!!! mad

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by lostinwales on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:25 pm

Mako pretty much confirmed as not being available for this match.

Watson may do depending on recovery from his calf injury

lostinwales

Posts : 9506
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by The Oracle on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:35 pm

MichaelT wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Even under Emperor Gatland we only won there once (2012).

2008 Six Nations. 2015 World Cup.

Oops, sorry. Was talking about the 6N. And I should have said 'last time we won there was 2012'. So plenty of chances for our superhuman England-only efforts to come out in the last 8 years.

It might be big for the fans, but every game is big for the players. Don't think England are a special case. See Faletau's comments yesterday - "A win over England isn’t going to define our championship – as a group of players we are better than that."
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by BamBam on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:46 pm

We all know an England game is the closest Wales are ever getting to a World Cup final, can't blame them for treating it that way

BamBam

Posts : 16248
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by TightHEAD on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:49 pm

People expect too much from Faletau, should have been given game time for Bath.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 5537
Join date : 2014-09-25
Age : 58
Location : Covid-on-sea

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Gooseberry on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:57 pm

TightHEAD wrote:People expect too much from Faletau, should have been given game time for Bath.

No need to punish the lad

Gooseberry

Posts : 7214
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by The Oracle on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:01 pm

BamBam wrote:We all know an England game is the closest Wales are ever getting to a World Cup final, can't blame them for treating it that way


Nah, the closest we ever got to a world cup semi final was when we played NZ, SA and France in the various semis. But nice try Wink
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Gooseberry on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:05 pm

The Oracle wrote:
BamBam wrote:We all know an England game is the closest Wales are ever getting to a World Cup final, can't blame them for treating it that way


Nah, the closest we ever got to a world cup semi final was when we played NZ, SA and France in the various semis.  But nice try Wink

Should've upped your game in those semis

Gooseberry

Posts : 7214
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:07 pm

Yeah and of those occasions there was a time that this ‘most desired team’ England didn’t make the KO stages. In other news, mikey connects with Stuart Lancaster on LinkedIn Smile.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11239
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by The Oracle on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:22 pm

Gooseberry wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
BamBam wrote:We all know an England game is the closest Wales are ever getting to a World Cup final, can't blame them for treating it that way


Nah, the closest we ever got to a world cup semi final was when we played NZ, SA and France in the various semis.  But nice try Wink

Should've upped your game in those semis

Oh we did!  Played 14 men for most of the game v France and were a whisker from winning with the last kick of the game.  Huge effort.  Played SA last world cup and got a lot closer than England did against them, so I reckon we put more into that v SA than we did v England the last time we played Smile Smile Smile

All fun and games though Smile  Until it's not furious
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Afro on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:31 pm

Josh Adams out of the rest of the 6 nations
Afro
Afro
Admin
Admin

Posts : 31376
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Khouli Khan on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:13 pm

The Oracle wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
BamBam wrote:We all know an England game is the closest Wales are ever getting to a World Cup final, can't blame them for treating it that way


Nah, the closest we ever got to a world cup semi final was when we played NZ, SA and France in the various semis.  But nice try Wink

Should've upped your game in those semis

Oh we did!  Played 14 men for most of the game v France and were a whisker from winning with the last kick of the game.  Huge effort.  Played SA last world cup and got a lot closer than England did against them


George North was rightly red-carded v France, and the net result was that Wales still lost.

v Sa in the last WC, didn't get a whole lot closer to the WC Final - with the net result that Wales still lost. Before the final. Bet Wales would love to know what its like to reach the pressure cooker of a RWC final.

Lets face it, Wales are a lucky 6N side and an average WC team.


Khouli Khan

Posts : 206
Join date : 2019-11-28

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by LondonTiger on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:30 pm

Sam Warburton, not George North.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23302
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by BigTrevsbigmac on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:42 pm

Josh Adams ruled out of rest of 6 Nations with ankle injury

BigTrevsbigmac

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by WELL-PAST-IT on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:48 pm

We have still a week and a half to go and the we are better than you crowing has already started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday week will tell us who is better than the other.

Great loss for Wales if Adams is out, has looked by far Wales' most dangerous back.

If Watson is back for England that is going to make us a lot stronger and more balanced without losing any thing in defense.

My personal opinion is that AWJ has had his time and needs to be putout to pasture, he is not very effective in anything other than the line out these days, gets knocked back in the tackle most times, tackles only what runs at him. Wales' 6N champions hopes are dead, bring in some new blood, they have nothing to lose.

Another benefit is that I would not have to listen to him whinging and whining at the ref every time a decision goes against Wales.

WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 2844
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:01 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:We have still a week and a half to go and the we are better than you crowing has already started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound surprised!  Laugh

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Saturday week will tell us who is better than the other.


That's not true - it'll only tell us who won.  Whistle


Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24137
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 41
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by WELL-PAST-IT on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:02 pm

One can always hope that as time goes by, some people will grow up.

WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 2844
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by The Oracle on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:14 pm

Khouli Khan wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
BamBam wrote:We all know an England game is the closest Wales are ever getting to a World Cup final, can't blame them for treating it that way


Nah, the closest we ever got to a world cup semi final was when we played NZ, SA and France in the various semis.  But nice try Wink

Should've upped your game in those semis

Oh we did!  Played 14 men for most of the game v France and were a whisker from winning with the last kick of the game.  Huge effort.  Played SA last world cup and got a lot closer than England did against them

 

George North was rightly red-carded v France, and the net result was that Wales still lost.

v Sa in the last WC, didn't get a whole lot closer to the WC Final - with the net result that Wales still lost. Before the final. Bet Wales would love to know what its like to reach the pressure cooker of a RWC final.

Lets face it, Wales are a lucky 6N side and an average WC team.


Answer the question though - playing England the closest Wales are ever getting to playing in a final? Please! And you wonder why people call you lot arrogant.... Whistle
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by The Oracle on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:15 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:One can always hope that as time goes by, some people will grow up.


Oh, I know that England are the better team currently. At home too. They're just not always the better team!
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Noble-Surfer on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:26 pm

Khouli Khan wrote:    
The Oracle wrote wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:
The Oracle wrote wrote:
BamBam wrote:
We all know an England game is the closest Wales are ever getting to a World Cup final, can't blame them for treating it that way
Nah, the closest we ever got to a world cup semi final was when we played NZ, SA and France in the various semis.  But nice try Wink
Should've upped your game in those semis
Oh we did!  Played 14 men for most of the game v France and were a whisker from winning with the last kick of the game.  Huge effort.  Played SA last world cup and got a lot closer than England did against them
George North was rightly red-carded v France, and the net result was that Wales still lost.

v Sa in the last WC, didn't get a whole lot closer to the WC Final - with the net result that Wales still lost. Before the final. Bet Wales would love to know what its like to reach the pressure cooker of a RWC final.

Lets face it, Wales are a lucky 6N side and an average WC team.

Were you watching the same semi-final as the rest of us...? In the one I saw, it was Sam Warburton who got red carded...

Noble-Surfer

Posts : 137
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by BamBam on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:36 pm

Where's that fishing rod emoji I was promised angel

BamBam

Posts : 16248
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:43 pm

My prediction this far out is that we'll score tries, but concede at least two more than we score.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24137
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 41
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by LondonTiger on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:48 pm

BamBam wrote:Where's that fishing rod emoji I was promised angel

🎣 Bit small, so still in development

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23302
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by GeordieFalcon on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:51 pm

Mark Wilson back with the squad?

Eddie Jones is set to call up Mark Wilson to join England’s preparations for their Six Nations game against Wales on March 7.

Telegraph Sport understands that the 30 year-old has been made unavailable for Sale Sharks’ Premiership encounter against Gloucester this Friday and will instead join England’s training camp in Oxford this week.

Wilson, on loan at Sale from Newcastle Falcons for this season, starred during last year’s Six Nations and travelled to Japan for Rugby World Cup 2019. He has already started in all three back-row positions over his 18-cap Test career to date.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 22357
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Soul Requiem on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:57 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Mark Wilson back with the squad?

Eddie Jones is set to call up Mark Wilson to join England’s preparations for their Six Nations game against Wales on March 7.

Telegraph Sport understands that the 30 year-old has been made unavailable for Sale Sharks’ Premiership encounter against Gloucester this Friday and will instead join England’s training camp in Oxford this week.

Wilson, on loan at Sale from Newcastle Falcons for this season, starred during last year’s Six Nations and travelled to Japan for Rugby World Cup 2019. He has already started in all three back-row positions over his 18-cap Test career to date.

Would add an important extra dimension to the back row if he is available. The benefit of having someone like Wilson is his ability to play 6, 7 or 8 and play accordingly to that position.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by WELL-PAST-IT on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 4:00 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Mark Wilson back with the squad?

Eddie Jones is set to call up Mark Wilson to join England’s preparations for their Six Nations game against Wales on March 7.

Telegraph Sport understands that the 30 year-old has been made unavailable for Sale Sharks’ Premiership encounter against Gloucester this Friday and will instead join England’s training camp in Oxford this week.

Wilson, on loan at Sale from Newcastle Falcons for this season, starred during last year’s Six Nations and travelled to Japan for Rugby World Cup 2019. He has already started in all three back-row positions over his 18-cap Test career to date.

No, that would mean playing a proper or near as dammit proper 8. He might be able to do it and say, still playing a flanker there without losing face.

WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 2844
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by lostinwales on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 4:16 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Mark Wilson back with the squad?

Eddie Jones is set to call up Mark Wilson to join England’s preparations for their Six Nations game against Wales on March 7.

Telegraph Sport understands that the 30 year-old has been made unavailable for Sale Sharks’ Premiership encounter against Gloucester this Friday and will instead join England’s training camp in Oxford this week.

Wilson, on loan at Sale from Newcastle Falcons for this season, starred during last year’s Six Nations and travelled to Japan for Rugby World Cup 2019. He has already started in all three back-row positions over his 18-cap Test career to date.

No, that would mean playing a proper or near as dammit proper 8. He might be able to do it and say, still playing a flanker there without losing face.

He's also played lock in an emergency. Eddy is going to pick 6 isn't he.

lostinwales

Posts : 9506
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 6:19 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:My prediction this far out is that we'll score tries, but concede at least two more than we score.

Tournament has gone now, so just as well go all out and have a crack. LRZ and Tompkins to score three each, but both give away five. Wink

I had predicted England to win by about two tries pre tournament, but now I think at least three.

RiscaGame

Posts : 3569
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum