The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland vs Wales - Six Nations Round 2

+34
Yoda
Pot Hale
Cyril
king_carlos
Geordie
WELL-PAST-IT
Duty281
Dirtydave
Heaf
BigGee
tigertattie
No 7&1/2
Intotouch
TightHEAD
The Great Aukster
RiscaGame
chris_501
Pie
Brendan
lostinwales
SecretFly
thebandwagonsociety
carpet baboon
wayne
Gooseberry
Luckless Pedestrian
Collapse2005
LondonTiger
rodders
Pete330v2
Noble-Surfer
mikey_dragon
majesticimperialman
maestegmafia
38 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ireland vs Wales - Six Nations Round 2 Empty Ireland vs Wales - Six Nations Round 2

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:50 am

Date: Saturday, February 8
Venue: Aviva Stadium, Dublin
Kick-off: 14:15 GMT
Referee: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant Referees: Luke Pearce (England), Mike Fraser (New Zealand)
TMO: Glenn Newman (New Zealand)

WALES TEAM TO PLAY IRELAND (Saturday February 8 KO 14.15 ITV & S4C)

15. Leigh Halfpenny (86 Caps)
14. George North (92 Caps)
13. Nick Tompkins (1 Cap)
12. Hadleigh Parkes (26 Caps)
11. Josh Adams (22 Caps)
10. Dan Biggar (80 Caps)
9. Tomos Williams (17 Caps)
1. Wyn Jones (23 Caps)
2. Ken Owens (74 Caps)
3. Dillon Lewis (23 Caps)
4. Jake Ball (43 Caps)
5. Alun Wyn Jones (C) (135 Caps)
6. Aaron Wainwright (19 Caps)
7. Justin Tipuric (73 Caps)
8. Taulupe Faletau (73 Caps)

Replacements:
16. Ryan Elias (10 Caps)
17. Rhys Carre (6 Caps)
18. Leon Brown (7 Caps)
19. Adam Beard (20 Caps)
20. Ross Moriarty (42 Caps)
21. Gareth Davies (51 Caps)
22. Owen Williams (3 Caps)
23. Johnny McNicholl (1 Cap)​

Ireland (v Wales):
15. Jordan Larmour
14 Andrew Conway
13 Robbie Henshaw
12 Bundee Aki
11 Jacob Stockdale
10 Johnny Sexton (capt)
9 Conor Murray
1 Cian Healy
2 Rob Herring
3 Tadhg Furlong
4 Iain Henderson
5 James Ryan
6 Peter O’Mahony
7 Josh van der Flier
8 CJ Stander

Replacements:
16 Ronan Kelleher
17 Dave Kilcoyne
18 Andrew Porter
19 Devin Toner
20 Max Deegan
21 John Cooney
22 Ross Byrne
23 Keith Earls

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:33 pm; edited 5 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - Six Nations Round 2 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - Six Nations Round 2

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:51 am

Sad to hear that Tadhg Furlong, Caelan Doris, Garry Ringrose and Dave Kilcoyne Are all having fitness tests post win yesterday

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - Six Nations Round 2 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - Six Nations Round 2

Post by majesticimperialman Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:59 am

Two teams both with a win yesterday.

Wales did a good job on Italy.

Ireland mange to get a win against a poor Scotland. Will be interesting too see which team will improve for next game.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:27 am

Just discussing changes to Wales for next week. Would like to see Tompkins in at 13, John at 3 and I’d like to see Hill get a go ahead of Jake too. Hill and Ball is a really tough call but I felt he offered a few more options when he came on yesterday.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:16 am

maestegmafia wrote:Sad to hear that Tadhg Furlong, Caelan Doris, Garry Ringrose and Dave Kilcoyne Are all having fitness tests post win yesterday

Very unfortunate, but great for us if they don’t feature next weekend. 

I would do something radical here, start with John with Brown on the bench. Either that or the other way around just as long as it isn’t Dillon Lewis. The other changes could be centre and wing but I can’t see anything more beyond that.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:20 am

maestegmafia wrote:Just discussing changes to Wales for next week. Would like to see Tompkins in at 13, John at 3 and I’d like to see Hill get a go ahead of Jake too. Hill and Ball is a really tough call but I felt he offered a few more options when he came on yesterday.

Good changes, I’d probably stick with Ball though, he can rough them up a bit.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:03 am

Tompkins reminds me of a young John Devereaux.

Tough call on the locks but I think Hill is a bit smarter around the pitch than Ball.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:48 am

Hill is working his way back to match fitness from a long term injury. Would be surprised to see him start.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:01 am

Apparently Liam Owen and Gareth are fit and training and we get Rhys back now too...!

WOL are selecting

1/2p
George
Tompkins
Parkes
Josh
Bigs
Tomos
Wynn
Ken
Dillon
Ball
AWJ
Wainwright
Tips
Faletau

I wonder if John wasn’t selected first match due to having to return to Sale rather than the other lads? Maybe he’ll get the nod and plump up the scrum?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:09 am

Dillon Rolling Eyes, they just love anyone who plays for Cardiff. Would rather see Carre on the bench than the alternatives. In Adams and McNicholl you not only have good finishers, but very creative players that come off their wing and actually look for work. You just don't see that with North, however he did use his physical attributes quite well in attack and defence yesterday. Either he features at 13 or not at all for me, we have too many good wingers now.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:15 am

McNicoll had a good game and like you said he creates a lot for other players. Always thought he would have been a good outside centre...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:18 am

The only changes I think will be made are Gareth Davies coming back in to the 23, maybe at tighthead, and possibly Tompkins starting at 13 with North dropped to the bench. I don't think Pivac will drop McNicholl as he's too important to the gameplan by the looks of things. If Liam Williams is fit I think Halfpenny will miss out as well but Ireland are probably the team you want him playing against more than any other.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:45 pm

Apparently Garry Ringrose has a hand injury too..! Looks like Ireland suffered badly on the injury front on Saturday.

I imagine Henshaw is most likely to replace him..?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:39 pm

guestalt_physicality wrote:The only changes I think will be made are Gareth Davies coming back in to the 23, maybe at tighthead...

Now that would be quite the left-field decision!

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:15 pm

guestalt_physicality wrote:The only changes I think will be made are Gareth Davies coming back in to the 23, maybe at tighthead, and possibly Tompkins starting at 13 with North dropped to the bench. I don't think Pivac will drop McNicholl as he's too important to the gameplan by the looks of things. If Liam Williams is fit I think Halfpenny will miss out as well but Ireland are probably the team you want him playing against more than any other.

I've been one of 1/2p's biggest critics in the past due to his seemingly conservative play and being 'only there for the kicking' and defensive work. But I was very impressed with him against Italy ('only Italy' though!). He seemed to be making lots of little half breaks and really trying to attack when it was on. Plus, solid as usual under the high ball. Not sure if that's enough to keep Liam W out, but good to have 2 (or 3 with McNicoll?) decent full back options. Really pleasing to see depth in a number of areas across park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:26 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Two teams both with a win yesterday.

Wales did a good job on Italy.

Ireland mange to get a win against a poor Scotland. Will be interesting too see which team will improve for next game.

You'd make a great journalist with headlines like "Wales impress in Italy whilst Ireland scrape past a poor Scotland".
Compare this to the reality that Italy were as bad as they've ever been since they joined to make it the 6 nations and that Scotland looked much improved on Saturday playing a game that could and many would say should have rewarded them with a rare win in Dublin.

"Wales breeze past awful Italians while Scotland come close against misfiring, slow starting Ireland"

There, that's better!

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Noble-Surfer wrote:
guestalt_physicality wrote:The only changes I think will be made are Gareth Davies coming back in to the 23, maybe at tighthead...

Fastest prop in world rugby

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Based on the first round of games Wales will put Ireland to the sword here. Ireland need a massive improvement just to avoid being humiliated.

Injuries will dictate a lot of our selection but I'd expect something like -

15 Larmour
14 Conway/Earls
13 Henshaw
12 Aki
11 Stockdale
10 Sexton (C)
9 Cooney
8 Stander
6 POM
7 VDF
5 Henderson
4 Ryan
3 Furlong
2 Herring
1 Healy

McGrath, Kellegher ,Porter, Toner, ?, Murray, Byrne, Addison.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:47 pm

rodders wrote:Based on the first round of games Wales will put Ireland to the sword here. Ireland need a massive improvement just to avoid being humiliated.

Not sure you can read too much into the first set of games. Ireland were disappointing but showed glimpses of what they can do going forward. Wales put away a very poor team by a large margin, yet at times looked pretty laboured themselves.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:03 pm

Yes, I think Ireland will be a much tougher task for Wales (obviously). Wales struggled a lot to kick on in that game. Lots of stuff not working and lacked the structure of old. 21 nil at half time and then I think it was over 20 mins of the 2nd half before we got any more points. Two late tries (the last one in injury time) perhaps flattering the scoreline somewhat, but not undeserved scores really. Need to work on getting the balance right between structure and chucking it about, but early days with new patterns and set moves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:20 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Apparently Garry Ringrose has a hand injury too..! Looks like Ireland suffered badly on the injury front on Saturday.

I imagine Henshaw is most likely to replace him..?

Hope so, Henshaw looked good when he came on.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:18 pm

Why anyone rates Wales' chances I don't know. Poite will be Ireland's 16th man just like last time. He is a shocking ref.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:23 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Why anyone rates Wales' chances I don't know. Poite will be Ireland's 16th man just like last time. He is a shocking ref.

No one sees the point in Poite..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 pm

The Oracle wrote:Yes, I think Ireland will be a much tougher task for Wales (obviously).  Wales struggled a lot to kick on in that game.  Lots of stuff not working and lacked the structure of old. 21 nil at half time and then I think it was over 20 mins of the 2nd half before we got any more points.  Two late tries (the last one in injury time) perhaps flattering the scoreline somewhat, but not undeserved scores really.  Need to work on getting the balance right between structure and chucking it about, but early days with new patterns and set moves.  

I was at a friends Funeral, the rugby was on in the other room, I missed that twenty minutes as there were some speeches.

It’s what the deceased would have wanted, we played a match the morning of his wedding and watched the lions in Australia on his 70th.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:52 pm

Still don't agree with people putting North back to wing over J-mac, which is what I've been reading a lot of. So glad we have Tompkins though, that type of centre is what we've been missing for almost 10 years.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:21 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Still don't agree with people putting North back to wing over J-mac, which is what I've been reading a lot of. So glad we have Tompkins though, that type of centre is what we've been missing for almost 10 years.

You have a good point.

I’m sure they will make the right call.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:03 am

Noble-Surfer wrote:

Lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:08 am

The Oracle wrote:
guestalt_physicality wrote:The only changes I think will be made are Gareth Davies coming back in to the 23, maybe at tighthead, and possibly Tompkins starting at 13 with North dropped to the bench. I don't think Pivac will drop McNicholl as he's too important to the gameplan by the looks of things. If Liam Williams is fit I think Halfpenny will miss out as well but Ireland are probably the team you want him playing against more than any other.

I've been one of 1/2p's biggest critics in the past due to his seemingly conservative play and being 'only there for the kicking' and defensive work.  But I was very impressed with him against Italy ('only Italy' though!).  He seemed to be making lots of little half breaks and really trying to attack when it was on.  Plus, solid as usual under the high ball.  Not sure if that's enough to keep Liam W out, but good to have 2 (or 3 with McNicoll?) decent full back options.  Really pleasing to see depth in a number of areas across park.

IMO he's in the best form of his life this season. Getting dropped by Wales last year, getting fully fit, and playing in a good attacking club team has done wonders for him. I know Pivac might have one eye on capping players for the future but given we have a tour to New Zealand in the summer that can be the focus for the autumn. There's so much depth in certain positions and back 3 is one of them he should just pick the in form and best players and try to win this tournament as that would help everyone involved, including himself as coach. 3 in to 2 doesn't really go with McNicholl, Halfpenny, and Liam W. One of them will be on the bench but then who starts in the centre and who misses out because you can't drop Adams? Already looking a lot better than out in Japan. Owen Watkin might struggle for game time instead of being the go to bench option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:15 am

rodders wrote:Based on the first round of games Wales will put Ireland to the sword here. Ireland need a massive improvement just to avoid being humiliated.

Always tricky winning away from home but Ireland and Wales do like beating each other on their own soil. Wales don't have too many wins in Dublin recently though. 2012 was the best performance I can remember and should have been a much more comfortable scoreline than it was. Likewise should have won the drawn game in 2016 IMO but that's testament to how tough Ireland are. There hasn't been a team that's put Wales away better than Ireland have done in the last 10 years.

2010: 27-12
2013: 22-30
2014: 26-3
2018: 37-27 (this was probably a bit lucky with the intercept try)

It's only been a recent development that Wales have got better at home and 2015 and 2017 were built on ruthless defence. Last year was a very comfortable win and if this coaching team were in charge Wales probably would have put 40 points on Ireland, maybe even 50. The question now is whether Wales can perform like they did in 2012 and run Ireland around and beat them with back play because Ireland look no different under Farrell, no more attacking, but still very difficult to beat and will look to compete everywhere.

So I can't see how Wales are favourites with this in Dublin. Ireland showed what they can do in the warm up games last summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:21 am

The Oracle wrote:Yes, I think Ireland will be a much tougher task for Wales (obviously).  Wales struggled a lot to kick on in that game.  Lots of stuff not working and lacked the structure of old. 21 nil at half time and then I think it was over 20 mins of the 2nd half before we got any more points.  Two late tries (the last one in injury time) perhaps flattering the scoreline somewhat, but not undeserved scores really.  Need to work on getting the balance right between structure and chucking it about, but early days with new patterns and set moves.  

This is why I think jiffy is a top pundit. He called that and said wales would soak up the pressure and then kick on to get the bonus point in the last 20 minutes. It might seem obvious but just having the feel of the game is important and something fans overlook or don't always understand. Wales will have to get used to a different rhythm and fitness and scoring pattern now than they had under Gatland. I know Eddie Jones talked about Liverpool but if anything I think Wales look more like them than anyone else, all based on quick play, intelligent structures, and superior running fitness. But Liverpool took a while to get used to Klopp and had lots of muscle injuries and conceded goals in the first year. Now it's seamless. The big question is can you replicate that kind of comprehensive plan at international level? Well no not like in football. But that's the big test for Wales and Pivac now. We all gave Gatland 2 years to judge him and have to do the same for Pivac. Everything looks good so far right down to including Warburton. And I have to be honest but Stephen Jones is 10x the coach Rob Howley was and you have to think the players will respond to that. So many players have called Howley a bully and Stephen is nothing of the sort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:16 am

guestalt_physicality wrote:We all gave Gatland 2 years to judge him and have to do the same for Pivac.

Gatland won a grand slam at the first attempt. Headscratch

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:43 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
guestalt_physicality wrote:We all gave Gatland 2 years to judge him and have to do the same for Pivac.

And people were still intermitantly moaning about him till the second lions tour

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:58 am

My point is that we didn't need to give Gatland two years. I don't know where this 'two years' thing has come from.

I'm pretty confident that Pivac will be given a fair crack of the whip. On that note, it's worth mentioning that Scarlets fans made 'Pivac Out' a hashtag in his early days... Whistle

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:39 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:My point is that we didn't need to give Gatland two years. I don't know where this 'two years' thing has come from.

I'm pretty confident that Pivac will be given a fair crack of the whip. On that note, it's worth mentioning that Scarlets fans made 'Pivac Out' a hashtag in his early days... Whistle

LP, in relation to Pivac and his staff their initial contracts are reviewed after 2 years, this is why Sean Edwards left, he wanted longer but the WRU wouldn't budge that is why I found it strange that he came out with that statement about 4 and a half years, did he think that he would get a longer contract than the rest of the Coaches, including Pivac?

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:10 am

wayne wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:My point is that we didn't need to give Gatland two years. I don't know where this 'two years' thing has come from.

LP, in relation to Pivac and his staff their initial contracts are reviewed after 2 years, this is why Sean Edwards left, he wanted longer but the WRU wouldn't budge that is why I found it strange that he came out with that statement about 4 and a half years, did he think that he would get a longer contract than the rest of the Coaches, including Pivac?

No mention of whether there was more money.

He’s doing a great job for France I hope he enjoys it, our players both regional and national have learned a hell of a lot from him over the last decade

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:33 am

maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:

No mention of whether there was more money.

He’s doing a great job for France I hope he enjoys it, our players both regional and national have learned a hell of a lot from him over the last decade
that

Yes there is evidence, his BBC interview shows that the money was about the same but the French offered 4 1/2 years against Wales's 2 . That was the deciding factor. How he thought he would get more than the Welsh coaches is beyond me.
Yes good luck to him on his French experiences as long as we change our attacking and defensive structures for the French game.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:12 pm

Gooseberry wrote:

And people were still intermitantly moaning about him till the second lions tour

Exactly. Does any remember 'WalesWillWin09' from the old 606? Well when Wales didn't win there was lots of question marks, in fact I remember someone saying Gatland should leave after we got thumped by South Africa in 2008. The point is Pivac needs to be given time when lots of Welsh fans and media have the football mentality of just wanting blood the moment things go wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:32 pm

When’s the team announced Thursday?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:37 pm

maestegmafia wrote:When’s the team announced Thursday?

Ireland's today.
Wales I think Thursday

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:46 pm

guestalt_physicality wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:

Exactly. Does any remember 'WalesWillWin09' from the old 606? Well when Wales didn't win there was lots of question marks, in fact I remember someone saying Gatland should leave after we got thumped by South Africa in 2008.

Then why did you say we all gave Gatland two years? Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:00 pm

With Ringrose out I think we might persist with North at 13. Not that it's a slight on any player but I think this is the type of game where Hill or Shingler move to 6.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:37 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:When’s the team announced Thursday?

Ireland's today.
Wales I think Thursday

Ireland at 1415 today..!

Exciting stuff, hope some of the lads on the potential sick note list recover...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:38 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:With Ringrose out I think we might persist with North at 13. Not that it's a slight on any player but I think this is the type of game where Hill or Shingler move to 6.

I still think Hill is a valuable guy in the second row. Very smart player

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:17 am

guestalt_physicality wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:

Exactly. Does any remember 'WalesWillWin09' from the old 606? Well when Wales didn't win there was lots of question marks, in fact I remember someone saying Gatland should leave after we got thumped by South Africa in 2008.

Then why did you say we all gave Gatland two years? Laugh

Oh I meant "all" sensible people. Obviously there are a lot of people who don't fit that and who project things on to sport that aren't really there but what I mean is it's best for sensible, real fans to not give in to this sort of thing from people who always need to project on to some kind of scapegoat. I'm not sure what's funny about that but Laugh to you too kiss

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:28 am

1 Healy
2 Herring
3 Furlong
4 Henderson
5 Ryan
6 POM
7 VDF
8 Stander
9 Murray
10 Sexton
11 Stockdale
12 Bundi
13 Henshaw
14 Conway
15 Jordan

Kelleher, kilkcoyne, porter, toner, Regan, Cooney, Byrne, earls

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:40 am

If that's the team I'm slightly disappointed unless he wants to group rounds 1-2, freshen round 3 and reset with a main group for rounds 4-5?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:49 am

thebandwagonsociety wrote:If that's the team I'm slightly disappointed unless he wants to group rounds 1-2, freshen round 3 and reset with a main group for rounds 4-5?

That is the team.
Addison and Doris not available.
Would have liked to see Cooney and Degan start, and ultan on the bench Instead of toner.
And in dream world big Stu starting 12

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:32 am

Fair enough team, I think Cooney is very unlucky again and if Addison is unavailable then Earls is the obvious pick for the bench, with Henshaw in the starting XV.

Another couple of injuries and we could be struggling in a few positions. It's a bit opportunity for Deegan but I fear we may struggle physically here. I just don't see where we have the edge.

Is Kleyn injured?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:21 am

Farrell's just being very conservative which disappoints me somewhat. Schmidt's Ireland was found out and worked out and needed a rethink to become the threat they were in 2018 but no such rethink has occurred so it's more of the same with the odd little nod to what Farrell imagines this side will become. I think we knew there'd be nothing radical just yet and starting Cooney would be just that. Personally I strongly feel that to have a chance against Wales we would have needed a few unknowns. Cooney and McCloskey would have been a good start in throwing the unpredictable factor into the mix. Wales will now know exactly what's coming at them this weekend. I can't see them being terribly worried.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:29 am

You got that right. He's even naming the team early like Schmidt did.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next