The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest annual tournament on earth sold to the highest bidder

+18
Rugby Fan
Recwatcher16
Geordie
profitius
SecretFly
TightHEAD
WELL-PAST-IT
Pete330v2
LondonTiger
quinsforever
Soul Requiem
No9
Gooseberry
No 7&1/2
lostinwales
BigGee
tigertattie
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Greatest annual tournament on earth sold to the highest bidder  - Page 2 Empty Greatest annual tournament on earth sold to the highest bidder

Post by tigertattie Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Looks like sky are getting the rights to the 6ns with BBC and ITV being told they can’t team up anymore.

So what’s the thoughts here? Surely only those into rugby will pay for the subscription which will mean bringing in new fans will be that bit more difficult?

Time for the local clubs to get the biggest share of the TV windfall to invest in grass roots rugby (yeah that’ll be right eh)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Greatest annual tournament on earth sold to the highest bidder  - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest annual tournament on earth sold to the highest bidder

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:16 am

What have I missed Soul. Read it again and he appears to not realise what is covered and what isnt.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Greatest annual tournament on earth sold to the highest bidder  - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest annual tournament on earth sold to the highest bidder

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:34 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:What have I missed Soul. Read it again and he appears to not realise what is covered and what isnt.

Nope it's clear he knows what is covered hence the language, if he thought the six nations were a Category A event he'd just say he would not be happening but the need for discussion makes it clear he knows that isn't the case.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:44 am

Ah so he knows its nothing to do with at all but wanted to drop it in to out no pressure at all on to them as they know its not covered. The brilliance.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:48 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ah so he knows its nothing to do with at all but wanted to drop it in to out no pressure at all on to them as they know its not covered. The brilliance.

Can I have that in English?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:01 am

It is in english. To clarify hes trying to make out that the 6 nations is covered by something it isnt to pressure people to keep it on terrestrial tv so the government dont have to alter their protected sports list. That or he doesnt know what is covered.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:04 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:It is in english. To clarify hes trying to make out that the 6 nations is covered by something it isnt to pressure people to keep it on terrestrial tv so the government dont have to alter their protected sports list. That or he doesnt know what is covered.

It was an incomprehensible sentence.

It's a category B event and it's always been assumed it would stay on terrestrial tv which he alludes to.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:11 am

Really? Why would he assume that it (being the live games rather than hightlights) would remain on terrestrial tv if it's not covered? I think my opinion has gone from embarrassed for him to just thinking hes a bit thick.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:14 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Really? Why would he assume that it (being the live games rather than hightlights) would remain on terrestrial tv if it's not covered? I think my opinion  has gone from embarrassed for him to just thinking hes a bit thick.

Do you have problems with comprehension? I said it has been assumed not he assumed.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:20 am

So if he hasn't been as stupid to assume that the 6 nations live rights are going to stay on terrestrial: why is he talking about it?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:22 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:So if he hasn't been as stupid to assume that the 6 nations live rights are going to stay on terrestrial: why is he talking about it?

A parliamentary bill has been put forward may have something to do with it or it may be considered to be in the public interest but you stick with your rhetoric instead.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:25 am

He appears very confused. Hope his constituents boot him next up.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:26 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:He appears very confused. Hope his constituents boot him next up.

It's a crying shame you've not been booted but you are worth a laugh now and then.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:31 am

You appear to be trying to insult me and not im entirely sure why Soul. It's clear that this MP has made a mistake and thinks the 6 nations live games are protected. Why you're taking his mistake and throwing childish remarks at me is a mystery. What's wrong?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:36 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:You appear to be trying to insult me and not im entirely sure why Soul. It's clear that this MP has made a mistake and thinks the 6 nations live games are protected. Why you're taking his mistake and throwing childish remarks at me is a mystery. What's wrong?

Going back to repeating the same misjudged falsehoods I see, stick to being outraged at Courtney Lawes having an opinion Yahoo

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:39 am

And yet I've not misjudged anything. Hes made a mistake in what he believes is covered in the act. What's lawes got to do with this: has he made the same mistake?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:43 am

Now you're confusing the broadcasting act with the Ofcom code laughing

I find it helps to read the full statement which makes reference to the six nations being a category b event and the DCMS wanting to move it category a to ensure it stays free to air, whoops.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:47 am

Wheres the full statement then please Soul. I did ask what I'd missed in the my first reply. If I've missed something from that I'll happily back track and think hes not an embarrassment ( bar being being a member of the conservatives).

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:49 am

Scrub that it's just point 4 in the letter. Read a few paragraphs above.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:50 am

Well that would be down to you to gather all the facts instead of basing an opinion on selected information.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:55 am

Oh I have Soul. 'Any transition to a transmisisins via a subscription service would clearly go against the spirit of the listed events approach'. So would you agree that a move to sky for live games goes against the agreement for the 6 nations being a cat b comp? Or do you think he is mistaken?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:57 am

Spirit*

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:02 am

So in your opinion he is aware that it has nothing to do with protected sporting events issue but hes trying to put pressure on them.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:56 am

Catty Barbs? Is she on Eastenders?

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:20 am

Pie wrote:Catty Barbs? Is she on Eastenders?

laughing

This discussion needed a comic interlude.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:22 am

To be fair, based on some of the mince I've seen on social media and other forums on Rugby Topics over the last few weeks, the sooner the 6N gets behind a pay wall the better.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2