The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020

+16
Brendan
thebandwagonsociety
TJ
Pot Hale
tigertattie
Heuer27
bsando
NeilyBroon
sensisball
Don Alfonso
funnyExiledScot
jimbopip
EST
BigGee
RDW
Hazel Sapling
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who will win?

Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020 - Page 3 Vote_lcap77%Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 10 ]
Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020 - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020 - Page 3 Empty Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 04 Sep 2020, 12:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Edinburgh vs Ulster
19:35
Saturday 5 September
BT Murrayfield

Ref: Frank Murphy (IRFU)
Assistants: Mike Adamson and Sam Grove-White (SRU)

Edinburgh

Sutherland - McInally - Nel (Schoeman - Willemse - Berghan)
Toolis - Gilchrist (Davidson)
Bradbury - Mata - Watson (Ritchie)

Groom - VDW (Shiel - Chamberlain)
Dean - Bennett (Taylor)
VDM - Kinghorn - Graham

Ulster

O'Sullivan - Herring - O'Toole (McGrath - Andrew - Moore)
A O'Connor - Carter (Treadwell)
Matthew Rea - Coetzee - Murphy (Reidy)

Cooney - Burns (Mathewson - Madigan)
McCloskey - Hume
Lyttle - Stockdale - Ludik (Lowry)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020

Post by bsando Mon 07 Sep 2020, 11:04 am

I'm keen to hear the next BBC Scotland Rugby podcast, Tom English is going to be brutal in his assessment of Edinburgh I imagine.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: Pro 14 Semi Final: Edinburgh vs Ulster, 5 September 2020

Post by EST Mon 07 Sep 2020, 11:49 am

Yeah - i've been enjoying those podcasts - I can't imagine he's going to pull many punches. Sadly, will be the same old post-mortem chat we have become used to - restarts, simple mistakes, lack of leadership - take your pick.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 07 Sep 2020, 12:24 pm

Yeah it does get old! I mean this is all just fodder for not picking more Scottish players on the Lions tour as well unfortunately. Looking ahead there has to be a reaction against Bordeaux Bègles. They really need to get the result and make the semi finals of the challenge cup.

I'm not sure who they will get in the semis if they win, but possibly Bristol which will be an even sterner test with the side they have now, including the incredible Radradra.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 07 Sep 2020, 12:54 pm

bsando wrote:Yeah it does get old! I mean this is all just fodder for not picking more Scottish players on the Lions tour as well unfortunately. Looking ahead there has to be a reaction against Bordeaux Bègles. They really need to get the result and make the semi finals of the challenge cup.

I'm not sure who they will get in the semis if they win, but possibly Bristol which will be an even sterner test with the side they have now, including the incredible Radradra.

Absolutely, I hope it doesn't go against the likes of Watson and Graham - but history shows us that our small number of brilliant players are tainted by the overall mediocrity of the teams they play in. Hamish in particular could hardly have done more over the last Lions cycle, but you can easily see results like the above being a black mark against him.

I'm glad Edinburgh have another opportunity to set the record straight against Bordeaux, although it will be a challenge to mentally pick themselves up from a defeat like that.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3