The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development of talent

4 posters

Go down

Development of talent Empty Development of talent

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 am

Some stats brought up in the england coaching thread places Jones proudly the top of win percentages. Thought it might be interesting to see the players available to the last few coaches and how far we've come (if at all) with the quality of players.
Pulling out the starting 15 from Johnson, Lancaster and Jones. Some of these guys we know definitively now rather than untapped potential, but are peoples thoughts, which team would you rather have?

1. Sheridan corbisiero Marler
2. Mears Hartley Hartley
3. Steven's Cole Cole
4. Borthwick Botha Launchbury
5. Kennedy Palmer Kruis
6. Croft Croft Robshaw
7. Rees Robshaw Haskell
8. Easter Dowson Vunipola
9. Care Youngs Care
10. Cipriani Hodgson Ford
11. Monye Strettle Nowell
12. Flutey Farrell Farrell
13. Noon Barritt Joseph
14. Sackey Ashton Watson
15. Armitage Foden Brown

For me theres quite a leap in those packs, and with today's announcement due as I write I think there will be another improvement in the flankers.

Prefer our recent wingers but boy I'd bite your hand off for any 3 of those full backs at their ages then.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Development of talent Empty Re: Development of talent

Post by lostinwales Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:37 am

Agree on the fullbacks. Armitage seems like he never reached his full potential despite 30 odd caps? Had everything. Foden was the best player in our team for a couple of years. Unfortunately it wasn't the best time for the rest of the squad. And Brown was the psycho at the back!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 am

God the second rows are awful.....even Kruis and Launchbury isnt awe inspiring...

4. Borthwick
5. Kennedy
6. Croft
Theres no grunt / power there at all!!

Where is the Haskell, Rees, Narraway back row that took it to the AB's. That was a good back row.

Its actually depressing to see some of the players in there...not actually bad players for their clubs, just not a great international set up. And yet they got to the 2007 world cup final aswell...jeez.

The talent coming through now is huge..but as yet..unproven. We need to make sure more and more players actually fulfil their potential...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:55 am

2007 RWC final team had Shaw, Kay and Corry lining up from 4-6! If I'm reading that right 7.5, its the first team each of the three selected?

I know there was a 6N in between and some retirements, but to go from such a heavyweight 4-6 to Borthwick / Kennedy / Croft seems crazy now for balance.

Kruis, Launchbury and Robshaw are positively massive in comparison

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:36 am

Yes Bam their first lineups.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down