The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v Georgia: Autumn Nations Cup Round 2.

+17
Heuer27
bsando
BigGee
Luckless Pedestrian
lostinwales
majesticimperialman
formerly known as Sam
LondonTiger
king_carlos
Gooseberry
BamBam
TightHEAD
chris_501
No 7&1/2
mikey_dragon
Geordie
RiscaGame
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wales v Georgia: Autumn Nations Cup Round 2. Empty Wales v Georgia: Autumn Nations Cup Round 2.

Post by Guest Tue 17 Nov 2020, 8:10 pm

Wales play a Georgia team they dispatched with ease 12 months ago yet the situation is very different.7 losses in a row. JD2 injured. Defence coached sacked.

Wales' biggest weakness appears to be up front in the pack and given Georgia will fight and wrestle all day long, this could be Georgia's best chance to beat an established tier 1 team like Wales in a long, long time.

Botham and McNicholl called up. Hard to argue with the latter on the basis of talent. The former seems to be more of a steady, workmanlike option than the talent Wales so clearly need in the team, particularly in the 10 and 12 shirts.

Georgia really must fancy their chances against this Welsh team. I can see it being one for the purists as a nervous, ill disciplined, and ragged Welsh team is likely to struggle up against a big, bruising pack with a solid set piece. This might be a game that is played around the halfway line and goes from set piece to set piece, mistake to mistake. Neither team seems to have much in the way of a cutting edge and both have no hope of progressing to the final rounds of this 'tournament'.

It should stop the losing streak for Pivac, but the fact that it might not has to be playing on the coaches' minds. Lose, and that has to be curtains for Pivac and co. No pressure...

Wales:

Liam Williams; Johnny McNicholl, Nick Tompkins, Johnny Williams, Louis Rees-Zammit; Callum Sheedy, Kieran Hardy; Wyn Jones, Elliot Dee, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Seb Davies, James Botham, Justin Tipuric (capt), Aaron Wainwright.

Replacements: Sam Parry, Nicky Smith, Leon Brown, Cory Hill, James Davies, Rhys Webb, Ioan Lloyd, Jonah Holmes.

Back to top Go down

Wales v Georgia: Autumn Nations Cup Round 2. Empty Re: Wales v Georgia: Autumn Nations Cup Round 2.

Post by RiscaGame Tue 17 Nov 2020, 9:17 pm

I suspect players like Leon Brown are going to play, which probably isn’t going to help our scrummaging. If I were Pivac, I would pick Samson Lee and Wyn Jones as my props and Ball and Rowlands as locks. That way we can hopefully have parity at worst and it’s probably our best scrummaging front five. I feel he will start Parry this game, so I’ll have him to complete the five.

That way, we are giving players like Sheedy and maybe Hardy the best chance of performing. I guess I’ll wait and see what side he puts out and who is available, before I think too much about how things will go. It’s bound to be a slugfest though. Again, I hope that a strange home ground and no supporters in doesn’t affect us like it possibly did against Scotland.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Wales v Georgia: Autumn Nations Cup Round 2. Empty Re: Wales v Georgia: Autumn Nations Cup Round 2.

Post by Guest Tue 17 Nov 2020, 9:26 pm

Agree with the tight 5 options. Ball is first choice lock for me anyway. Harsh on AWJ but I thought back in the 6Ns he looked fat and tired and I'm not sure if the break has really helped him, it's hard to say when Wales have been dominated in the way they have since the restart. Either way, Jake Ball has the ballast the pack misses without him. He's made of glass, but he has to play. I think it'll be Rowlands on the bench with AWJ as the lineout would be crud with both Rowlands and Ball in it but wouldn't argue with picking no nonsense, tough forwards to nullify Georgia.

I think Lloyd Williams has to be involved after his surprise cameo. Hardy hasn't been banging on the door for me but he's been around the squad enough to be involved. Those two 9s, either starting, wouldn't be dreadful. Would love to see Sheedy be given a chance, Patchell hasn't stepped up in the required way in my opinion after numerous opportunities with Wales and we need fresh blood in the shirt as Biggar doesn't look like a starting 10 with this style of rugby.

The issue is, can he afford to experiment? Lose this and he has to be sacked. Inadvertently, refreshing the team is exactly what appears to be required - it's not like the older heads are adding tactical discipline or experience, the whole team has been dominated by France and Ireland and failed to throw a punch in anger v Scotland. If they're going to play such sloppy rugby, I can't see how younger players are a detriment in the way they would have been under Gatland's gameplan which was so focused on accuracy on consistency and discipline.

Sheedy at 10. Has to be. Let's see what he's about.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 18 Nov 2020, 8:24 am

He can’t really afford to experiment, but I feel he will. That would be my tight five, but I suspect he will play Hill as Hill hasn’t really been too involved and probably Seb Davies.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 Nov 2020, 8:46 am

rugby racing and beer wrote:

Wales' biggest weakness appears to be up front in the pack and given Georgia will fight and wrestle all day long, this could be Georgia's best chance to beat an established tier 1 team like Wales in a long, long time.

You clearly didnt see the England v Georgia game...because the Georgians were litterally breathing out of their backsides after 25 mins!

Wales should walk this...regardless of their form. Purely based on fitness levels.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 Nov 2020, 10:25 am

RiscaGame wrote:He can’t really afford to experiment, but I feel he will. That would be my tight five, but I suspect he will play Hill as Hill hasn’t really been too involved and probably Seb Davies.

You're right he shouldn't. Seb Davies wouldn't be in my Cardiff squad, let alone the Wales starting team. I would agree with your front 5 though and put Hill to 6, I feel it's our strongest pack whilst we don't lose anything at the breakdown with Rowlands and Hill. You feel Carre can overtake Wyn Jones fairly easily in the near future, but he hasn't been helped with his coach's selection policy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 18 Nov 2020, 12:15 pm

Saw these quotes in a wider article on WOL.

"Rhys has been outstanding," said Humphreys.
"He’s probably started less than 40 games in his entire career but we identify someone as very important to us going forward. Going back to the game on Friday, every single scrum apart from one ended up on the floor.
"It became a decision for the referee on every scrum and that’s where you see the inconsistencies either way.
"When we’re in a position like that and he’s been penalised twice there’s something in the referee’s mind, and we are five metres from our line… as I said to him it’s not a reflection on him, it’s trying to protect the rest of the team and change the referee’s opinion on that.
"That was purely that. What was excellent was that he identified that.
"It was an experience for him – he now knows how to deal with it and how to get better. We see him throughout these games getting more experienced.
"He has started maybe one or two games this year [before the autumn] so to start three in a row is invaluable for his development going forward. What he went through on the weekend, every front-rower learning his trade has to go through that. He will go through that.
"We’ve got to see it as a good experience, a lesson learned, and let’s move forward."

Hoping Carre does manage to take the positives and the lessons to learn from the last game. Can't help but feel the Welsh coaches didn't play this one right though. There may be more of a lesson to Pivac and Humphries.

No 7&1/2

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 Nov 2020, 12:34 pm

Reading the WOL? Perhaps he would have been a better bench option for that game, as Porter is probably a Lions test player in waiting. Carre also isn't helped by his club as alluded to, but agree that he will get better. There is another young prop at Cardiff who could be good, he's being kept out by umm, Scott Andrews.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 18 Nov 2020, 1:02 pm

I have even been known to read the Daily Mail rugby articles so not a judgement of quality.

No 7&1/2

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Nov 2020, 2:37 pm

RiscaGame wrote:He can’t really afford to experiment, but I feel he will. That would be my tight five, but I suspect he will play Hill as Hill hasn’t really been too involved and probably Seb Davies.

Yeah he'll probably play Hill won't he. Not sure about Seb Davies, maybe at 6? I don't think he's knocking down the door to get minutes in the second row given how Wales have played but you never know.

Last edited by rugby racing and beer on Wed 18 Nov 2020, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Nov 2020, 2:38 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

You clearly didnt see the England v Georgia game

Embarrassing. Keep the fantasies to your Warhammer game night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Nov 2020, 6:45 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54985119

Looks like a much changed team. Only Liam Williams and Tipuric survive.

Likely 15:

1. Wyn Jones/Nicky Smith
2. Dee/Parry
3. Samson/Lewis
4. Hill
5. Ball
6. Botham
7. Tipuric
8. errrr...Moriarty? Seb Davies?

9. Hardy
10. Sheedy
11. LRZ
12. Bleddyn Williams
13. Tompkins
14. JMac
15. Liam Williams

Hard to say that team is significantly worse than the one that lost to Ireland.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 18 Nov 2020, 9:22 pm

I get leaving Williams in to play him 15 this time. Not sure why he would play Tipuric again.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 Nov 2020, 9:46 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I get leaving Williams in to play him 15 this time. Not sure why he would play Tipuric again.

If the rumour is true then it might actually be our best backline - but I think he could revert back to Gats’ old guard for the England game. I don’t get what he’s doing calling up Botham and putting him straight in - good player though and I expect he’ll go well. I don’t get the Tipuric selection either, it certainly isn’t a form selection. Don’t get me started on why Dillon Lewis shouldn’t be there. Pivac made a few blunders with squad selection, and now he keeps having a shocker with match day selection.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Nov 2020, 11:45 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I get leaving Williams in to play him 15 this time. Not sure why he would play Tipuric again.

Captain. He's been the best player during Pivac's time in charge so far, which doesn't say much given the competition, but it's a sign of where the team is going/how it needs to look beyond AWJ as the leader as they did with AWJ in other games when Warburton wasn't playing.

That, and the fact that the 3 of the 7s are injured means it makes sense to play him. He's also naturally fit and never looks tired, so no harm in playing him back to back.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 19 Nov 2020, 7:59 am

Fair point on captaincy. To be honest, I had just assumed Hill would get it for this game. I’ll see what happens in a few hours.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 Nov 2020, 9:18 am

72 hours of my comments not being disliked, and now what do you know, they're all being disliked. I'm still quite a way off the record for most dislikes on a single comment though Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 Nov 2020, 9:38 am

RiscaGame wrote:Fair point on captaincy. To be honest, I had just assumed Hill would get it for this game. I’ll see what happens in a few hours.

Going forward, the captain needs to be assured his place in team. Tipuric is not. AWJ will be phased out. I only see 33 year old Ken Owens as being captain material is in this group. The rest of the old guard look spent, I'm not sure who would be captain out of the rest.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_501 Thu 19 Nov 2020, 11:38 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Fair point on captaincy. To be honest, I had just assumed Hill would get it for this game. I’ll see what happens in a few hours.

Going forward, the captain needs to be assured his place in team. Tipuric is not. AWJ will be phased out. I only see 33 year old Ken Owens as being captain material is in this group. The rest of the old guard look spent, I'm not sure who would be captain out of the rest.

I'm still hopeful of getting Ellis Jenkins back to full fitness, for me he would start anywhere in the back row. Navidi is another player who has captained the Blues and seems a strong shout as a consistent starter.

chris_501

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 19 Nov 2020, 11:42 am

Good shout on Navidi. I certainly have my fingers crossed on Jenkins getting and staying fit too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu 19 Nov 2020, 11:57 am

Wales by 12.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 Nov 2020, 12:53 pm

chris_501 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

I'm still hopeful of getting Ellis Jenkins back to full fitness, for me he would start anywhere in the back row. Navidi is another player who has captained the Blues and seems a strong shout as a consistent starter.

Both would be good options. Maybe Thomas Young if we bring him in and he flourishes? I've championed Navidi for a long time, outstanding player. I hope he and Jenkins return from injury fit and able. Looks as though Cardiff might have to shift some of their back-row players elsewhere if they keep this up.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 Nov 2020, 12:55 pm

Wales: Liam Williams; Johnny McNicholl, Nick Tompkins, Johnny Williams, Louis Rees-Zammit; Callum Sheedy, Kieran Hardy; Wyn Jones, Elliot Dee, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Seb Davies, James Botham, Justin Tipuric (capt), Aaron Wainwright.

Replacements: Sam Parry, Nicky Smith, Leon Brown, Cory Hill, James Davies, Rhys Webb, Ioan Lloyd, Jonah Holmes.

Good to see new caps, and form players. Not sure about Seb or the back-row though. Going forward after this match, I wouldn't make many changes to the backline.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 19 Nov 2020, 12:58 pm

Good to see the 2 young Welsh centres being tried out in their preferred positions. Reckon this will be a walk in the park for Wales. 50 plus point difference.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 19 Nov 2020, 1:01 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

im sorry? What do you mean?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 19 Nov 2020, 1:13 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Good to see the 2 young Welsh centres being tried out in their preferred positions. Reckon this will be a walk in the park for Wales. 50 plus point difference.

Don't forget the young wingers developed in the Welsh system angel

Ignore him GF, someone who likes their own posts can't comment on anyone else's hobbies

BamBam

lostinwales and mikey_dragon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 19 Nov 2020, 1:16 pm

That's not even a wum. 2 guys I would have loved to see pick the rose.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 Nov 2020, 2:00 pm

Well LRZ was developed in the Welsh system up to U17's. No South Africans in our lineup though so we got quite some way to go yet.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu 19 Nov 2020, 2:16 pm

Id think the trick for Wales here is not to be worried about Georgia's offence, they simply don't have an attacking game at all. Dont get sucked into and endless procession of set pieces, which against Ireland was certainly a problem for Wales. If Wales keep the ball in play and they dont even have to be massively clinical, the chances will come for them and the big Georgian forwards will be goosed by 60 minutes.

To lose this really would be a humiliation for Wales and not something Id expect to see even given their recent performances and injuries (it is a hell of a list). The question is how slick they will look in winning.

Looking at the 23 its arguably the more like the sort of side Pivac could have done with having the guts to pick for the six nations and just have the kind of fresh start gamble France chose to take. Theres not much proven test class there, but plenty of players who should have the fire drive and potential to get better and lift the side longer term. Most of the senior players looked really like they didnt want to be there for the previous two games.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 19 Nov 2020, 2:36 pm

Judging by the Georgia teams twitter it sounds like Kote Mikautadze could be fit for this game. That would be brilliant for them given that with Mikautadze injured they didn't have a single lock from their Rugby World Cup squad fit. With the retirements, Lomidze unavailable and Mikautadze rehabbing it was an absolute dearth of options the last couple of weeks. Hopefully he makes some difference to the competitiveness of the pack for a side in transition.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 19 Nov 2020, 3:15 pm

Good side. He could probably have done a bit more of this kind of selection sooner. It’s interesting that he is now talking about building for the RWC. That could’ve happened in the France friendly or at the very least in the Ireland game.

It was also interesting to see him talk about the best scrummaging props. That much was obvious, so why not start them against Scotland and Ireland? We can be as mobile as we like, but we shouldn’t sacrifice our scrum. I’d certainly have started Wyn Jones more often than he has, as I don’t really mind Francis as a scrummager.

I’m excited to see this team. It’s probably the best chance we have to seeing a Pivac template and judging how he wants us to play.

RiscaGame

Luckless Pedestrian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2020, 3:40 pm

I don't think Hill lives up to the hype. Decent player but very much like a poor man's Joe Launchbury for England. Not sure he's a Wales staple and making him co-captain with Ellis Jenkins suggested he's more senior than he probably is. He might be a good guy and have a good head on his shoulders but he's not good enough as a player - decent, but just not good enough.

I think the Welsh captaincy hierarchy picks itself: AWJ, Tipuric, Ken etc.

When you see the team it makes sense to have Tipuric there. Not just for his quality either, which is undoubted tbh. The kind of quiet leader the young boys will benefit playing behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 19 Nov 2020, 3:41 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

You clearly didnt see the England v Georgia game...because the Georgians were litterally breathing out of their backsides after 25 mins!

Wales should walk this...regardless of their form. Purely based on fitness levels.

No idea whether he watched the game or not, but agree 100% Georgia were not fit enough to last to half time, let alone fight all day long.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 19 Nov 2020, 3:46 pm

So,

We have had a plethora of reports from this thread. Some justified, some frankly rather frivolous.

Some posts have been deleted, some edited for the removal of insults etc. When talking to people it always seems to be "someone else's fault". How about we take responsibility for our own actions?

So back to the rugby match discussion please.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2020, 3:49 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

Why are you playing make believe about what I have and haven't watched?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2020, 3:52 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

No idea whether he watched the game or not, but agree 100% Georgia were not fit enough to last to half time, let alone fight all day long.

Good stuff.

I completley disagree. Georgia fought for the full 80 minutes and did a good job at that keeping the score under 40.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2020, 4:09 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Good side. He could probably have done a bit more of this kind of selection sooner. It’s interesting that he is now talking about building for the RWC. That could’ve happened in the France friendly or at the very least in the Ireland game.

It was also interesting to see him talk about the best scrummaging props. That much was obvious, so why not start them against Scotland and Ireland? We can be as mobile as we like, but we shouldn’t sacrifice our scrum. I’d certainly have started Wyn Jones more often than he has, as I don’t really mind Francis as a scrummager.

I’m excited to see this team. It’s probably the best chance we have to seeing a Pivac template and judging how he wants us to play.

I think Pivac's actually done a decent job of mixing up his selection. He's had a good look at a good stock of players going back to the Barbarians game but even through the Six Nations.

There doesn't appear to be a first choice selection in the following positions:

For 15, it's obviously a strength in depth luxury with either Liam or 1/2P playing there. That's something of an odd one out due to depth. North isn't guaranteed a starting place at 14, particularly if 1/2P plays 15 with Liam on the wing.

At 1, Wyn Jones looks like he's moving back towards deserved first choice, but Nicky Smith and Carre will get plenty of chances. Ball appears to have competition behind him to pair with AWJ. 6 is clearly not Wainwright and I'm glad he's moved him to 8, it's where I think he'll make it if he is to make it. Ellis Jenkins may well be the best 6 to go with Tipuric but given his injury, it's horses for courses with equally able players in Navidi and Moriarty, and then youngsters like SLH and Botham possibly becoming regulars sooner than we think.

9 is probably Webb but that wasn't the case 9 months ago. GD lacks Webb's class and Tomos may well be out of the squad given Hardy and Lloyd Williams' return. Plenty of depth there. 10 is unclear given Anscombe's injury but Biggar could easily be ousted by this time next year, not a clear first choice. 12? Who knows, completely up for grabs to pair with JD2 who will also be replaced relatively soon.

I think he's given a number of players game time in each of those positions in big games, and that will only help as I do think part of Gatland's stagnation was picking his favourites in spite of how limited they were or how well another player was playing. Jamie Roberts and Scott Williams springs to mind, as does about 5 flankers and Dan Lydiate. At least under this new system, there's finally jeopardy again, and although I think being comfortable in the shirt is good when you're winning - look at England - it's clearly not when you're losing and competition is a good thing.

Only really Ken, AWJ, and JD2 seem to be guaranteed selections due to lack of solid options, although I think Elias has done a decent job given how pants the lineout lifting has been since the restart and could replace Ken long term in the near future. Maybe Faletau as well atlhough I think Moriarty could be selected ahead of him if he doesn't improve his form, which I hope he will. As for everyone else, he's given chances to players and shown there is no 'first team' as of yet. This looks like a scratch side that will likely play like a scratch side and, eventually, they need to find consistency in patterns of play, combinations of players, and of course selection as a whole. That will come over time but I think it's fair enough to not have settled on a first team yet - not least because they're not winning, but also because this is clearly a 4 year plan.

I always said Wales would come 'very' good in their 3rd year under Pivac before beind found out again i.e. in and around the Lions tour and following it. If he gets that time, I'll stick to that. Pivac has the biggest rebuilding job in world rugby, we can't overlook that.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 19 Nov 2020, 4:21 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

I think Eddie's tactics played a significant part in that. 10-15 minutes of continuous scrums and defending on their own goal line. It was always going to be tough for the big Georgian pack. 

The Sheedy, Williams, Thompkins midfield looks full of attacking play. Could call it the Red Rose midfield as they've all pulled on the England shirt, two for uncapped first team games as well. It is a midfield that should score tries against Georgia k just hope Sheedy is given the freedom to play.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 Nov 2020, 5:06 pm

LondonTiger wrote:So,

We have had a plethora of reports from this thread. Some justified, some frankly rather frivolous.

Some posts have been deleted, some edited for the removal of insults etc. When talking to people it always seems to be "someone else's fault". How about we take responsibility for our own actions?

So back to the rugby match discussion please.

Ain't that the truth.

I do like the 10, 12 and 13 combo as others have said. I'm not sold on Tompkins yet, but I expect Sheedy and Williams to go well. JD2 needs a good long rest and then might not come back, so we need someone to step up. I wonder if Halaholo can play 13...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 19 Nov 2020, 5:43 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

Because had you watched the game you wouldn't have made that comment, and I'm not sure why you are coming across with that attitude....

Ps I'm not into Warhammer...though I'm sure it's fun for those who are...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 19 Nov 2020, 6:14 pm

I do believe this is a " MUST WIN GAME" for Wales. But making 13 changes for this game
show's a massive disrespect for Georgia.

Thjs is a big gamble in my opinion, if Wales win fine it worked. but with Wales losing 6 on the bounce there is no certain thing.
Georgia is a team that maybe 1 year ago Wales would win a a canter but on recent performance. I  would very much doubt that will happen.

Cannot wait to be proven wrong though. Shocked Rolling Eyes

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 19 Nov 2020, 6:19 pm

Can some one please tell me what Tipuric did last week against Ireland not only to keep his place, but take the captains arm band?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2020, 6:38 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

Because had you watched the game you wouldn't have made that comment, and I'm not sure why you are coming across with that attitude....

You're incredibly intolerant of other people's opinions, to the point you're insisting on zero sum games when you speak to other people, making pointless accusations that are based in pure, delirious fantasy about whether or not someone has watched a game of rugby. It's terrible form, absolutely atrocious, and leads to derailing of threads and hostility. If you disagree with my opinion, disagree with it by dealing with it directly. I disagree with your view and am very able to justify that, but the manner of discourse ensures that this isn't a discussion you wish to have in good faith.

We're back to the forum being what it has been for most of its 9 year existence: petty insults and bullying with not a lot of rugby being discussed.

You seem to be of the opinion that Georgia gave up after 15 minutes. To put it politely, I disagree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2020, 6:38 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Can some one please tell me what Tipuric did last week against Ireland not only to keep his place, but take the captains arm band?

Turnover on the line, good line speed and kick chase pressure, good hands in the wide channels, put in more of a leader's performance than AWJ...

...do you want more?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2020, 6:39 pm

Wales by 22.

Wales 42 Georgia 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 19 Nov 2020, 6:58 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

You're incredibly intolerant of other people's opinions, to the point you're insisting on zero sum games when you speak to other people, making pointless accusations that are based in pure, delirious fantasy about whether or not someone has watched a game of rugby. It's terrible form, absolutely atrocious, and leads to derailing of threads and hostility. If you disagree with my opinion, disagree with it by dealing with it directly. I disagree with your view and am very able to justify that, but the manner of discourse ensures that this isn't a discussion you wish to have in good faith.

Wow......

Geordie

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 Nov 2020, 7:22 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Can some one please tell me what Tipuric did last week against Ireland not only to keep his place, but take the captains arm band?

Good question madge. The answer is absolute feic all.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 Nov 2020, 7:23 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

Wow......

Is it meant to be irony? Can never tell with that one...

mikey_dragon

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 19 Nov 2020, 7:31 pm

So

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 19 Nov 2020, 7:32 pm

This is the last thread in this page........

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next