The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Hibbz
Galted
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
Pal Joey
12 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Quickest thread split since December '63. Great work Frankie.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It never ends, lost... it never ends.)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:10 am

lostinwales wrote:I had considered sulking for longer over the rugby results but don't think any of the others are as invested in that game. I don't think any of them are based Bristol way either.

Glad you are safe from the floods. Is it going to start damaging infrastructure?

For sure.

They've just upgraded the bridge across the Hawkesbury River at Windsor. Cost $101 million (£56 mill) to raise it 9 metres above the water level. Not sure what modelling was used. However, think I heard that the flood is peaking at 13m there later tonight or early tomorrow. Warragamba dam, which was at less than 40% capacity about 18 months ago and was then at around 96% capacity just a week or two ago... is now over-spilling at 450 gigalitres per day (Sydney Harbour is approx. 50 Gl) and it has been gushing out for 3-4 days now.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-22/warragamba-dam-spilling-a-quarter-of-daily-capacity-each-day/100021144

That explains the 13m peak at Windsor which is about 45km (28 miles) downstream. Also the western 2/3 of the Sydney Basin is an anticline... higher on east; lower towards the west and the (Nepean/Hawkesbury Rivers at the foot of the Blue Mountains) so essentially all the water from the western flood plain runs off (in a westerly direction) towards that low point - the river at the foot of the mountains.

They're also building a brand new $6b airport out there on low lying flood prone land. There is recent talk of raising the dam 14-17m but surely that would only create bigger problems in the future? Think they should have released more water during winter 2020... but after the recent droughts they were probably reluctant to do so. Also it's hard to predict such an immense rain event 6 months; let alone 6 days out from it actually occurring.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:15 am

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:I had considered sulking for longer over the rugby results but don't think any of the others are as invested in that game. I don't think any of them are based Bristol way either.

Glad you are safe from the floods. Is it going to start damaging infrastructure?

For sure.

They've just upgraded the bridge across the Hawkesbury River at Windsor. Cost $101 million (£55 mill?) to raise it 9 metres above the water level. Not sure what modelling was used. However, think I heard that the flood is peaking at 13m there later tonight or early tomorrow. Warragamba dam (which was at less than 40% about 18 months ago was at around 96% capacity just a week or two ago... is now over-spilling at 450 gigalitres per day (Sydney Harbour is approx. 50 Gl) and it has been gushing out for 3-4 days now.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-22/warragamba-dam-spilling-a-quarter-of-daily-capacity-each-day/100021144

That explains the 13m peak at Windsor which is about 45km (28 miles) downstream. Also the western 2/3 of the Sydney Basin is an anticline... higher on east; lower towards the west and the (Nepean/Hawkesbury Rivers at the foot of the Blue Mountains) so essentially all the water from the western flood plain runs off (in a westerly direction) towards that low point - the river.

They're also building a brand new $6b airport out there on low lying flood prone land. There is recent talk of raising the dam 14-17m but surely that would only create bigger problems in the future? Think they should have released more water during winter 2020... but after the recent droughts they were probably reluctant to do so. Also it's hard to predict such an immense rain event 6 months; let alone 6 days out from it actually occurring.

I don't know what its like out in Oz but here my heart drops every time I see a development on <something> meadows. People build on flood planes which does not just lead to future problems for householders dumb enough to buy there but also screws the neighbours because water isn't being soaked up as much anymore. It would be interesting to see how many flood problems in the UK have been down to badly thought out development.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:25 am

Yeah exactly. Also we have huge rorts here regarding insurance. Fire and flood 'hidden clauses'.

People are sold land in these low-lying areas or right on the water (as in Port Macquarie) because that is everyone's 'dream'. They then pay their premiums (which include the associated risk I'd imagine) but unfortunately the fine print of the policies exclude certain things such as, you guessed it, "fire and flood". I'm no insurance policy expert but I sure wouldn't be tempted to buy such properties.

I did actually look at one place in Taree (about 3 hours north). It was a large block of land right near town but across the road from the Manning River... going for a song! I checked out the flood maps, however, and there was a 1 in 100 year flood line going through half of the site. I bet you anything that land is probably 2-3m underwater right now. I decided to stay in the city and buy land near the top of a ridge - as Frank Lloyd Wright said "just below the brow... never right on the top of a hill" where you can be exposed to high winds. Even so, there was a mini tornado about 3km away from here on Friday which took some roofs off quite a few houses and brought down some large tress. I heard nothing. Slept through it all.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:38 am

Had my covid jab yesterday. OK for about 8 hours afterwards then it wiped me out. Only just got up.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:51 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Had my covid jab yesterday. OK for about 8 hours afterwards then it wiped me out. Only just got up.

Oh no! Which one... AstraZeneca?
When you say "wiped out" - you just feel really tired and slightly nauseous or is it sore at the point of the jab?

I'm a little worried about my Mum. She was told at first she'd be getting the Pfizer jab but then last week was told by her local GP that the AZ was ready. A friend of hers then told her you can still organise the Pfizer jab at the large hospital nearby. I reckon she should do that.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:24 am

Astrazeneca.
Started feeling weak and achey. Had a monster headache that lasted all night despite paracetamol, so didn't really sleep. It's gone now but still feel fatigued

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:58 am

Insane. Almost 9 years at my current place of work. 4 week notice period. 10 days holiday plus the 2 bank holidays means I am finishing on the 31st.

Woosh....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:01 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Astrazeneca.
Started feeling weak and achey. Had a monster headache that lasted all night despite paracetamol, so didn't really sleep. It's gone now but still feel fatigued

I felt a little rough after AZ, Jules but nowhere near as bad as that.

Probably only lasted a couple of hours at most and didn't impact on my day other than making me more miserable than I normally am.

I read somewhere that the second dose doesn't have nearly as many incidents of side effects so hopefully that is accurate.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Astrazeneca.

I felt a little rough after AZ, Jules but nowhere near as bad as that.

Probably only lasted a couple of hours at most and didn't impact on my day other than making me more miserable than I normally am.

I read somewhere that the second dose doesn't have nearly as many incidents of side effects so hopefully that is accurate.

Would make sense as your immune system will be used to fighting the protein contained in the vaccine and should be able to deal with it more efficiently. It's the immune system diverting all its resources to fighting the protein that causes the fatigue.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:42 pm

lostinwales wrote:Insane. Almost 9 years at my current place of work. 4 week notice period. 10 days holiday plus the 2 bank holidays means I am finishing on the 31st.

Woosh....

When do you start in the new job - the dream is to have a short notice period and then a long time off.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Insane. Almost 9 years at my current place of work. 4 week notice period. 10 days holiday plus the 2 bank holidays means I am finishing on the 31st.

Woosh....

When do you start in the new job - the dream is to have a short notice period and then a long time off.  

It was going to be the 26th, but am trying to bring it back to the original planned date of the 19th. Officially finish at existing place on the 16th. (All April). First day of freedom will be the 1st April so I don't know if they are going to try and fool me.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:58 am

I knew I had a fist in me this week.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:16 am

Sicond. 7 days left in my current job (yes I will shut up about it soon).

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:34 am

Torrid news, lost. Sorry to hear but I hope things pick up quickly for you.

Thank God the rain stopped around lunchtime. It's now eerily quiet this evening.  

Tino, no crickets chirping outside... I hope they're OK. I read a news article about some rescuers going to an isolated house on a hill (up the coast) cut off by the floods to pick up some people and their pets. When they returned to their little runabout, there were a few black snakes and large spiders inside their boat waiting for them. Lots of mice had also made their way to the high ground too.

I remember a similar story years ago and seeing a photo of a fence absolutely covered in hundreds of spiders, insects... and the odd coiled-up snake. They apparently 'call a truce' on each other when such disasters strike. Not sure what happens when the water subsides though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:41 am

Pal Joey wrote:... Not sure what happens when the water subsides though.

That's why we have Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:48 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

That's why we have Tino.

Yeah, he'll hopefully know the proper order of disengagement from such an awkward gathering of arachnids and serpents.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:57 am

Morning all.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:40 am

Morning rick.
Sadly, it seems that Tino was Frank Worthington.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:58 am

Pal Joey wrote:Torrid news, lost. Sorry to hear but I hope things pick up quickly for you.

Thank God the rain stopped around lunchtime. It's now eerily quiet this evening.  

Tino, no crickets chirping outside... I hope they're OK. I read a news article about some rescuers going to an isolated house on a hill (up the coast) cut off by the floods to pick up some people and their pets. When they returned to their little runabout, there were a few black snakes and large spiders inside their boat waiting for them. Lots of mice had also made their way to the high ground too.

I remember a similar story years ago and seeing a photo of a fence absolutely covered in hundreds of spiders, insects... and the odd coiled-up snake. They apparently 'call a truce' on each other when such disasters strike. Not sure what happens when the water subsides though.

Not at all. Got head hunted to do pretty much the same job as I do now, just with a healthy pay rise. Just so very odd leaving a place that I feel I have put a lot of myself into over the last almost 9 years.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:39 am

Is there a term for people who kill threads by just choking them off with multiple really long posts? And how can those people find so much time to write so much drivel?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:40 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Morning rick.
Sadly, it seems that Tino was Frank Worthington.

Sad to hear that, Jules, double-death is a killer.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:41 am

lostinwales wrote:Is there a term for people who kill threads by just choking them off with multiple really long posts? And how can those people find so much time to write so much drivel?

Not something we have a problem with, people are very succinct with their drivel on here.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:09 am

Liw, sounds like you've been wahsed

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:23 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

That's why we have Tino.

Yeah, he'll hopefully know the proper order of disengagement from such an awkward gathering of arachnids and serpents.

Never confuse enthusiast with expert. I am the former and absolutely not the latter. Nor am I Frank Worthington.

I would say the order of disengagement would be whatever order the snakes decide on. I don't care how vicious Aussies spiders are, they are still soft c*cks compared to the snakes.

Form an orderly queue behind the biggest and/or most venomous snake.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:01 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Liw, sounds like you've been wahsed

Sorry Jules you lost me there

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:32 am

Isn't it whatahitson who does the long posts?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Isn't it whatahitson who does the long posts?

Got you now- me being dumb. Yeah he's not exactly my favourite poster.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:44 am

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:19 am

More Rick the Hick, how goes it?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:37 am

Good my man, you keeping well?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:53 am

Mostly, except when theres no one competent to delegate to. Otherwise pretty good. You still at that place or you done your gypsy shtick and moved to another place and taken the tyres with you

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:02 am

Sicond/Tird whatever. Morning chaps

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:05 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Mostly, except when theres no one competent to delegate to. Otherwise pretty good. You still at that place or you done your gypsy shtick and moved to another place and taken the tyres with you

Yep, Gypsy 4lyf mate, will be offiski again soon, you running the place yet then?

(morning LiW)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:40 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Mostly, except when theres no one competent to delegate to. Otherwise pretty good. You still at that place or you done your gypsy shtick and moved to another place and taken the tyres with you

Yep, Gypsy 4lyf mate, will be offiski again soon, you running the place yet then?

(morning LiW)
I paid the cost to be the boss. The cost being walking in on the boss getting a little gropey with the androgynous assistant boss who was objecting strenuously by putting his/her/it's hand through his hair. Nothing serious just a little inappropriate. Only thing he was guilty of is having bad taste. The last person that ugly to ever give a hardon to any man was Medusa. Or Sonia from Eastenders to Sean.  I told the guy it wasn'tany of my business and I wasn't going to report it but I guess he'd had enough of the job. So suddenly I end up with the reins.  

Good Morning LIW

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:35 am

Life works in mysterious ways mate, glad it worked out in the end.

Nailed down the mint/chilli sauce now, which is nice.

Barring that same shizz different sewer.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:49 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
I paid the cost to be the boss. The cost being walking in on the boss getting a little gropey with the androgynous assistant boss who was objecting strenuously by putting his/her/it's hand through his hair. Nothing serious just a little inappropriate. Only thing he was guilty of is having bad taste. The last person that ugly to ever give a hardon to any man was Medusa. Or Sonia from Eastenders to Sean.  I told the guy it wasn'tany of my business and I wasn't going to report it but I guess he'd had enough of the job. So suddenly I end up with the reins.  

The truth being more like he groped you and you threatened him with beheading or going to HR. Whichever is worse. Still, at least you got a promotion out of it.

Show me on the doll where he touched you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:29 am

ShahenshahG wrote:

The truth being more like he groped you and you threatened him with beheading or going to HR. Whichever is worse. Still, at least you got a promotion out of it.

That's a very odd shaped doll?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:06 am

He's a very odd shaped person.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:45 am

lostinwales wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

That's a very odd shaped doll?
He made the doll in his image. That's why it's a spoon in a wedding dress. A northerners version of the Story of the elves and the shoemaker.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:07 am

Glad to see Tino branching out.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:09 am

I'm wearing those shorts at the moment.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:05 pm

Disappointed with the Covid thread, nowhere near the arguments I’d have expected, just people moaning about life.

I really hoped it might bring back DAVE too. All that talk about death, it felt like the rising figures might have turned him on and brought him back.

Although I wouldn’t put it past him to keep getting new strains of the virus and passing it on just for the thrill.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:14 pm

I've had a go at spicing things up on there, Jules.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:53 pm

superflyweight wrote:I've had a go at spicing things up on there, Jules.  
Alas Poor Julius, I knew him well. He's either dead or you're sozzled

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:00 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

All mods look the same to super.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:16 pm

Made me laugh anyway

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

All mods look the same to super.
Not sure we can expect better, scooterboys are not known for their discernment.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Apologies to all concerned - I saw the green badge and assumed it was Jules. I'm not racist though - some of my best friends are admins.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:32 pm

#GLM

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:56 am

Sicond, can't argue with a just past midnight fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next