The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Hibbz
Galted
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
Pal Joey
12 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Quickest thread split since December '63. Great work Frankie.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It never ends, lost... it never ends.)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:53 pm

superflyweight wrote:Long overdue tird.  

Thought you'd like Train to Busan, Tina.  Glad you enjoyed it and didn't waste your £3.49.  

Started watching Prisoners once a few years ago but the resemblance between one of the little girls and my oldest daughter was uncanny and it made it unwatchable so we gave up after 15 minutes.  Never gone back to it.    

Had all the makings of a disturbing watch if the acting had been better and the plot less improbable as it developed. Should really reserve judgment until I've watched the end but I can sense the obligatory twist coming.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:31 am

Sh*t on here today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:39 am

Home working, The Masters & Aintree festival, means I am a "busy" boy today

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:03 am

One of my clients is stupidly thinking of buying another company and the due diligence exercise is painful and needs to be finished by tomorrow lunchtime.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:08 am

Ugh, tedious, you have my sympathy.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:50 am

superflyweight wrote:One of my clients is stupidly thinking of buying another company and the due diligence exercise is painful and needs to be finished by tomorrow lunchtime.

Clients. I remember them.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:46 am

Sh*t on here today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:14 am

Was just going to say that. Most probably the tension before my review of the second half of Prisoners building up.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:38 am

Just had a mail from Tripadvisor about finalising the details of my visit to Runcorn. C*nts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:01 am

Galted wrote:Just had a mail from Tripadvisor about finalising the details of my visit to Runcorn.  C*nts.

L*l out loud.

There is a really good thread in the travel section about Runcorn, Galted.

Tell those c*nts at TripAdvisor you've already got it covered.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:27 pm

Fist.

The second half of Prisoners was more silly than tedious, but just as mediocre as the first. The obligatory twist wasn't as sh*t as anticipated.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:50 pm

Sicond.

So what's next, Galted?

I've got some old classics stored on my Foxtel which I haven't bothered to look at although I've seen them all before - ages ago.
Among them The Manchurian Candidate, Bullitt, El Cid (watched about half of it... so slow) and The Sands of Iwo Jima plus a few others like Pork Chop Hill and Stalag 17.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:11 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

So what's next, Galted?

I've got some old classics stored on my Foxtel which I haven't bothered to look at although I've seen them all before - ages ago.
Among them The Manchurian Candidate, Bullitt, El Cid (watched about half of it... so slow) and The Sands of Iwo Jima plus a few others like Pork Chop Hill and Stalag 17.

Should really watch Raging Bull as I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't seen it, nor any that you mentioned.  Bound to meet some resistance on that though so more than likely will end up being a Hitchcock or Woody Allen which are our gotos when when can't agree.

A while back we were going through old Oscar best film winners, but some have just dated too badly - notably How Green Was My Valley and Rebecca, so that project is currently on hold.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:15 pm

Tird.

Just bought tickets this morning to go and see Canadian noise merchants, Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Barrowlands in Glasgow in January 2022. An act of faith given the likelihood that we'll probably still be in some form of lockdown.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:18 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

So what's next, Galted?

Should really watch Raging Bull as I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't seen it, nor any that you mentioned.  Bound to meet some resistance on that though so more than likely will end up being a Hitchcock or Woody Allen which are our gotos when when can't agree.

A while back we were going through old Oscar best film winners, but some have just dated too badly - notably How Green Was My Valley and Rebecca, so that project is currently on hold.

Raging Bull is tremendous and well worth a watch. Likewise The Manchurian Candidate and Bullitt. Saw El Cid years ago and can't remember anything about it apart from the unintentionally hilarious ending.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:02 pm

superflyweight wrote:Tird.

Just bought tickets this morning to go and see Canadian noise merchants, Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Barrowlands in Glasgow in January 2022.  An act of faith given the likelihood that we'll probably still be in some form of lockdown.  

Just had a quick Google of them. Sound alright actually.

I had you more of a Shania Twain guy. Or maybe KEANE if you were really in a rebellious mood. Full of surprises, Supes.

Be careful in Glasgow. Bad things happen there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:10 pm

Just booked ticket to go see The Offspring at Leeds

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:56 pm

I'm debating whether to go and see Del Amitri in Birmingham.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:19 pm

I think someone is upset with a ban - all the admins got an PM today from 'Oliver Pullout'

"You are all fagots, because you have banned new members from registering on this wonderful forum, the admin's mother is a wh*re, and the admin's father f*cks with ******, suck d*ck, freaks!"

Fagots with one 'g'?! What's wrong with some people?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:24 pm

Maybe he's French.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:24 pm

I must admit, the fagot with one 'g' was the stand out irritant in this juvenile diatribe.

Out of interest, what does the admins (sic) father f*ck with?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I must admit, the fagot with one 'g' was the stand out irritant in this juvenile diatribe.

Out of interest, what does the admins (sic) father f*ck with?

Galtova

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:27 pm

Alas Poor Prince Julius Philip, I knew him well.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:28 pm

I knew Shah would rock up for a royal death.

How's it going my good man?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:30 pm

All good and all bad. Not sure at the moment lol. Holiday in June still looking dicey so depends on how the next few days pan out. How about you? On the road or flat tyre?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 pm

On the road mate, bit cruise control at the moment but all gravy. I'm sure you will be fine dear chap

Wonder if Liz will bang us in a cheeky bank holiday next week?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:45 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Tird.

Just bought tickets this morning to go and see Canadian noise merchants, Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Barrowlands in Glasgow in January 2022.  An act of faith given the likelihood that we'll probably still be in some form of lockdown.  

Just had a quick Google of them. Sound alright actually.

I had you more of a Shania Twain guy. Or maybe KEANE if you were really in a rebellious mood. Full of surprises, Supes.

Be careful in Glasgow. Bad things happen there.

They are brilliant, but are a bit of an acquired taste and it can take a few listens of any of their albums before they start to make any sense. Expect it will be me and my mate and a thousand or so middle age men standing around clutching our beers and watching the time so we can make the last train home.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:47 pm

I could not read the 'diatribe' without imagining it being spoken by John Cleese's French knight from the Holy Grail film.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:56 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:On the road mate, bit cruise control at the moment but all gravy.  I'm sure you will be fine dear chap

If she puts in a week I'd be 800 quid up. So here's hoping

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:21 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:On the road mate, bit cruise control at the moment but all gravy.  I'm sure you will be fine dear chap

If she puts in a week I'd be 800 quid up. So here's hoping
The bitch didnt even put one bank holiday in. Ah well at least Tino got something out of it, for the next week or so he might not be the odd one out at the school drop off point.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:25 pm

Fist gon give it to ya.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:20 pm

Sicond rate.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:58 pm

Lazy tird. Don't know why I am even here given I am not working this week.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:05 pm

Fourth f*ck's sake.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:15 pm

Looking forward to getting a hair cut this week, my mop is currently like Micky Flanagan and I am sick of the missus asking if I am going "out out"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Watched another superhero film yesterday. Justice League. I get very confused with the whole DC/Marvel thing and I'm still not sure of the etiquette around them but it was a terrible film. Saved by Gal Gadot which made the 2 hours tolerable. There is plenty to wonder about with that woman.

Also watched the directors cut of Aliens. Not sure why as I've seen it at least 5 times but I still found myself watching it at 1:15 in the morning. Such a great film.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:20 pm

You need to watch the 4 hour Snyder cut...

But it is not a good film.

The sentry gun scene in Aliens is one of my favorite scenes in any film.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Tino, do you want to know what films I've been watching?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:You need to watch the 4 hour Snyder cut...

I don't need 4 hours of it, rICko. 2 hours of Gal is enough for me.

Yeah, the sentry gun scene is outstanding. Loads of great scenes in that film. People get very snobbish about it, especially fans of Alien (which is also brilliant) but Aliens as a standalone film is awesome. There are not that many sequels as good as that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:28 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino, do you want to know what films I've been watching?

Yes please, Jules.

I am going for The Goonies, On the Waterfront, Ben Hur, The Exorcist III and Porky's.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:29 pm

Yep Alien and Aliens 2 very different feels, same as Terminator and Terminator 2, people don't get sh1tty about those.

What have you been watching, Jules? You give very DMX vibez off so I am just glad you are here.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:35 pm

Yes please, Jules.

I am going for The Goonies, On the Waterfront, Ben Hur, The Exorcist III and Porky's.

I haven't watched any recently but when I do, I'll be sure to post in the Films section of the site.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:38 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yes please, Jules.

I haven't watched any recently but when I do, I'll be sure to post in the Films section of the site.

It's fine, Jules. Plenty of people like Porky's. Don't be shy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:48 pm

I see the Libertines have announced a tour, Tino

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:56 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I see the Libertines have announced a tour, Tino

Yep, I did see that. I contemplated trying to get some tickets but decided against it. I've seen them a couple of times. One occasion was brilliant and the other was a car crash when Doherty could barely remember any lyrics or chords. I was too old to be amused by it and contemplated asking for a refund before having a stern word with myself.

Not sure Barat and Doherty hate each other enough at the moment to recapture the magic. Have you seen Doherty recently? He is a proper bloater these days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:59 pm

Yeah he is a tuuby bitch right enough.

I am contemplating getting tickets when they go on sale on Friday.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:02 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Yeah he is a tuuby bitch right enough.

I am contemplating getting tickets when they go on sale on Friday.

See now you're giving me FOMO. Geoff/Jeff did that when the Roses last toured.

It is only 10 or 15 shows I think? Could have got that wrong. I might make a late decision now. You've got me thinking.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:03 pm

We need to co-ordinate ticket purchases. Can't afford to breach rules and be in the same arena.

This isn't The View and we are not kids anymore.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:35 pm

Should be cool, Tino, the North/South divide should keep it real and shizz.

Unless you to halves on a couple of bags and a few Garys?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:42 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:You need to watch the 4 hour Snyder cut...

I don't need 4 hours of it, rICko. 2 hours of Gal is enough for me.

Yeah, the sentry gun scene is outstanding. Loads of great scenes in that film. People get very snobbish about it, especially fans of Alien (which is also brilliant) but Aliens as a standalone film is awesome. There are not that many sequels as good as that.

No.2 son watched the Snyder version yesterday. Proud of him doing that so I don't have to. He said it was terrible.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next